Gerard Butler GALS

Costuming for Vegas '07

OMG I totally sympathize. Before I started "filling things out", I used to have to get ALL of my dresses altered. I remember when my dad and stepmom had been planning their wedding, and took us all to pick out bridesmaids' gowns. I was so upset because the seamstress had me get a size 10, even though my older sisters only had sizes 2 and 6 (or something), because she needed the most material possible to fit it to my frame!

We never got to wear them, because they cancelled their big wedding and just went to the courthouse (without us).

Now, I'm so proud that I actually fill things out properly! If only my chest would stay in my dresses, LOL. Stupid 34Ds!

Stacy :kisswink:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stacy, I totally understand trying to keep yourself in you top - however, my problem is because the top is always so much bigger than me, it gaps open waiting for something to fill it!!! At least thank your lucky stars you won't have to wear a training bra with your wedding dress like I did, LOL! Some of my Vegas dresses are pretty low cut, but my old pal, Frederick's, took care of me! (Some double stick tape would be helpful too!)

By the way, the dress I'm wearing to Chippendales is ALL Elissa's fault! If I get arrested for indecent exposure, that's her fault too - she made me buy it!! **snort**

Suzie

Stacy, I totally understand trying to keep yourself in you top - however, my problem is because the top is always so much bigger than me, it gaps open waiting for something to fill it!!! At least thank your lucky stars you won't have to wear a training bra with your wedding dress like I did, LOL! Some of my Vegas dresses are pretty low cut, but my old pal, Frederick's, took care of me! (Some double stick tape would be helpful too!)

By the way, the dress I'm wearing to Chippendales is ALL Elissa's fault! If I get arrested for indecent exposure, that's her fault too - she made me buy it!! **snort**

Suzie

LMAO....sometimes I wish I could go back to being flat-chested. Seriously, my boobs grew practically overnight. I went from a 32B to a 34D. I was quite upset, because I basically got my wish when I used to joke with my larger-chested friends that they should give some of their boobs to me.

I wish I could just use some double-stick tape (even though for me it doesn't usually work), but unfortunately the biggest problem with the top of my dress is that it's chiffon, without a bottom layer, even though it's different shades of green. So it's essentially see-through, unless I keep moving the darker green to stay over, which is not possible. Fortunately, Victoria's Secret has a bra that (hopefully) will work, and it's on sale right now, only $40 instead of $50, which actually makes a huge difference. And I'll be able to wear it with my cocktail dress too, when the last time I wore it, I couldn't wear a bra at all (quite frustrating).

I wish I could see that Chippendales dress, but I won't be there until Friday! I think I'm still a year too young to go to Chippendales anyway. But I'm sure I'll see the pictures when I get there!

I'm so excited!!

*Ugh, I just called my sister because she's going to the mall with my mother tonight to get shoes for her prom dress (she was invited to prom, even though she's a junior), and she flipped out because they're "not there for shopping, just to get [her] shoes." She's such a pain in the arse. Like I don't need to get stuff for this too....*

Edited by Stacy A.

I'm with you Dawn! I can't tell you how many dresses I looked at that I actually liked, but were soooo expensive. Of course my favorite one that I tried on was over $500! I don't think so!! So, the dress I'm wearing is super glam, and (I'm almost ashamed to say this because it makes me sound very, very stingy....) it only cost me $11. LOL Talk about a bargain girl!

Trixie...I am glad you are wearing your "Jessica Rabbit" dress! I remember seeing pictures of you in it (if I am remembering the right one) and you looked HAWT in it!!! :cunning:

I too have been looking for a dress and found one I really liked but it was $450...YIKES!!! So I decided to wear what I wore in Colorado! I love that dress, it is greek styled and I don't have many occasions to wear it at so why not! :confused:

I just took in my costume for Saturday to get some finishing touches on it. I can't wait to see it finished. :pointy:

Dawn...your dress is very pretty! I love halter dresses, they are very flattering to everyones figure! ;)

Paris...before you give up on the dress you bought...go back, put it on and dress yourself up like you are going out in it. Meaning, fix your hair, put on make up, dress shoes and jewelry. A fancy dress, no matter how pretty, can look awlful if your hair is a mess, you do not have any make up on and you are wearing white socks!!! :p Once you are fully dress, let your family see you in it! See if their opinion changes after seeing you totally dressed up! Also, see how YOU feel you look in the dress. If everyone, including you, agree with the first opinions, then the final decision is up to you! If you do decide not to wear it, then like Swannie said, just wear something nice that you feel good in and you will look great! ;)

I can't wait to see everyone in 2 weeks! :woo:

:funnyabove: Yes, I'm going to see what I can do. You are so right! A Gal needs to kinda be out of the "white socks" LOL, in order to really see what it will look like.

I've got an apple shape body and any one that has type of body knows how incredibly hard it is to find clothes that balances your body out. The costume that I have is a red umpire dress. I've got big, flabby boobs that really don't fit into this dress...basically, I look bigger in it, though it is such a beautiful color.

I want a greek dress! I'm off the the Galleria in Glendale...

Can't wait to see ya there, Paris.

In Vegas, that is.

Edited by parislovesgerry

Now, I'm so proud that I actually fill things out properly! If only my chest would stay in my dresses, LOL. Stupid 34Ds!

LOL, I know quite a few poeple who paid good money just to have this "stupid" problem. I would myself if I had the money to spare.

LOL, I know quite a few poeple who paid good money just to have this "stupid" problem. I would myself if I had the money to spare.

Well, that's one thing I have enough of. I got my mom's legs and her boobs. And what did I marry? A butt man! Go figure.

:funnyabove:

And thank, Zany! I'll figure it out, even if I just have to pull something out of the closet! You are totally right, it's all about the fun!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby just tried on his toga for Saturday night. He'll be lookin' good! Now if only I could get the boy to wear a kilt! I have a great black and gold Greek dress. Friday night he's wearing his black suit and I'm wearing a hawt red dress.

What are ya'll wearing Friday nite?

Black mini skirt, black-blue corset, and knee high boots.. .may add stockings. Hey, it's Vegas Baby!

Neither of my men are wearing costumes for Saturday, but will be verra fashionable!

Can't wait to see everyone's outfits!

Swannie

Swansong GAL: Lady of the Lair,

'Guardian of the Master's Dreams'

And Willing OCPA Sufferer

Posted Image

What are ya'll wearing Friday nite?

Black dress...a little dressy but not ballgown material or anything!

Fri night...just some black dress capris and a white and black blouse, but the blouse has some BLING!I'm in the talent show, so I figured why not?

Sat, I have a red gown.sliver shoes and purse...wait til you see my necklace and earrings...just think of my screenname :kisswink:

Friday night I'm wearing a blue halter dress that I bought last year for a wedding I was invited to.

Saturday, well, you'll see, since I can't find a picture of my dress. I DO need some help with my hair though, for that night. I can't do a ballet bun by myself.

For Friday night, I have a Red, glittery dress that I just got, or else my "little black dress." I'll bring them both and decide then! LOL

Friday I have a new little black dress and some strappy heels....I'm bringing both little black dresses, but one of them is for Chippies tomorrow night!

Black dress for Friday night and my mom is making my costume for Sat TONIGHT!! ...nothing like waiting until the absolute last minute. But it's TRES cool and I'll have some great silver jewelry.

SEE YA!!

Jenny