Gerard Butler GALS

Union Station Media/Shakefire Online Sweepstakes

Union Station Media & Shakefire.com

Team for Online Sweepstakes Promotion for

Sept. 26th DVD Release of Beowulf & Grendel

LOS ANGELES — August 31, 2006 — Union Station Media (USM) and Shakefire.com have teamed up for an online sweepstakes promotion for the Sept. 26th DVD release of Beowulf & Grendel, a blood-soaked, mythical medieval adventure of swords and sorcery which was filmed amidst Iceland’s scoured and forbidding but hauntingly beautiful landscapes.

The Beowulf & Grendel Icelandic-themed sweepstakes, valued at $7,000, will launch on Shakefire.com Sept. 8th and run through Oct. 8th. Shakefire.com – an edgy urban entertainment Web site that receives an average of more than 3.5 million unique visitors each month – will provide comparably priced advertising, including banner ads on the home page.

The Beowulf & Grendel sweepstakes prize package includes:

¨ Grand Prize — Round-trip, economy-class airfare for two to Iceland, courtesy of Icelandic Air, from any of its gateway cities to Reykjavik, Iceland. Three nights stay at the Hotel Loftleider. A full-day tour of the South Shore to visit locations where Beowulf & Grendel, James Bond’s Die Another Day, Batman Begins and Flag of our Fathers were shot. Tour of the Blue Lagoon.

¨ 1st Prize — Artic wear jacket, courtesy of 66 North, a leading Icelandic apparel manufacturer.

¨ Three 2nd Prizes — Skin care gift certificate from www.bluelagoon.com.

¨ 10 3rd Prizes — One case of Icelandic Spring water.

¨ 20 4th Prizes — DVD of Beowulf & Grendel signed by Gerard Butler.

Adapted from the eighth century, Old English poem, Beowulf & Grendel – an epic in the tradition of Kingdom of Heaven, Troy, King Arthur and Braveheart – is part legendary fable, part horror story.

This mythic film tells the tale of a raging battle between a victorious Norse warrior (Gerard Butler, Phantom of the Opera, Dear Frankie) and a murderous troll, Grendel, who has laid siege to the kingdom of Hrothgar, the much-respected king of the Danes (Stellan Skarsgård, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest and At World’s End, Exorcist: The Beginning, King Arthur).

Out of allegiance to Hrothgar, Beowulf leads a troop of valiant warriors across the sea to rid a village of the marauding monster—a ruthless creature of immense flesh and raging blood, driven by relentless vengeance born of being terribly wronged.

Beowulf’s allegiance and willingness to kill on behalf of Hrothgar waivers when he encounters a sensual and mesmerizing witch of peculiar sensibilities (Sarah Polley, Don’t Come Knocking, Dawn of the Dead, The Weight of Water) and it ultimately becomes clear that the king is more responsible for the troll’s rampages than first apparent. Suddenly, swinging his sword is no longer a simple act for this conquering soldier.

Vengeance, loyalty and mercy powerfully entwine in this story of blood, beer and sweat—stripping away the mask of the hero-myth to leave the raw and tangled tale of Beowulf & Grendel.

Released theatrically in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston and Seattle, Beowulf & Grendel is presented on DVD in widescreen format and in Dolby Digital 5.1. Special features include deleted scenes; cast interviews; audio commentary with director Sturla Gunnarsson and screenwriter Andrew Rai Berzins; costume sketches; and the featurette documentary “Wrath of Gods.”

______________________________________________________________________________________

Independent entertainment distributor Union Station Media (USM), based in Los Angeles, Calif., releases titles theatrically and for DVD, television, cable, VOD and electronic down-load markets. USM is a joint venture of Canada's Alliance Atlantis Motion Picture Distribution and Australia's Arclight Films.

Shakefire.com is owned by DiViD Entertainment, LLC and is based in Atlanta, GA. Shakefire.com features the latest in entertainment reviews, contests, features and more in music, movies, books, lifestyle and gaming.

Entry info will be available starting on Sept. 8 and run through Oct. 8 at Shakefire

I think there will be at least a few thousand entrants hoping for the same thing!

:bounce:

I can tell you if I won one of the other prizes, I'd ask if I could give it back to them and have a 4th place prize instead! Probably this would be a first, 'eh? Posted Image

Is it "bad" that I'm only interested in winning the 4th place prize?

I was just thinking, what does one need to do to be guaranteed 4th prize?

Nope not "bad" at all... that's the only one I'd want too ::D:

which is saying something since first prize is a round trip vacation thingy...

which is saying something since first prize is a round trip vacation thingy...

Yeah... OK.. I must admit... my first choice for vacation would not be Iceland Hehehe... now where would it be....hmmm... I wonder :rotflmao:

Sounds great.

It may be the first time that 4th place is the Grand Prize!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Iceland, but owning something that Gerry had his hands on, and signed,

..........No Brainer.

Ok, tell me if I'm the only one who noticed this, :confused: I may have a lot to learn but,

Basically they are saying that 20, Beaowolf and Grendel DVD's Signed by the Man Himself, is less valuable than a case of water!!!!!!!!!

I must be missing something. It's water right?, you drink it and a few hours later you, erm, uh...... flush it.

I mean, what the hell is in that water, gold?!?

Just wondering.

Edited by celadon2

Yes, they got their first and fourth prizes

mixed up...maybe its a typo- but it IS

20 signed dvds-

Barbara at Union Station Media had never

met Gerry and was being "its a job..."

in other words: what's all the fuss about.

Until she met him. And then her tune

changed dramatically. :funnyabove:

Ah Gerry, Gerry... to be that irresistable

is such a cross to bear.

By the way - dont forget to enter the

www.kenesa.com/beowulf-grendel

contest too. It's a piece of cake.

Donna

Sounds great.

It may be the first time that 4th place is the Grand Prize!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Iceland, but owning something that Gerry had his hands on, and signed,

..........No Brainer.

Ok, tell me if I'm the only one who noticed this, :confused: I may have a lot to learn but,

Basically they are saying that 20, Beaowolf and Grendel DVD's Signed by the Man Himself, is less valuable than a case of water!!!!!!!!!

I must be missing something. It's water right?, you drink it and a few hours later you, erm, uh...... flush it.

I mean, what the hell is in that water, gold?!?

Just wondering.

UNLESS they "inadvertently omitted" (a popular legal term) the important language from the original promotion. Perhaps it's supposed to read:

¨ 10 3rd Prizes — One case of Icelandic Spring water that's been previously consumed by Gerard Butler.

It's still a stretch, and I reiterate my desire only to win one of the "last prizes," but at least one could understand the clerical error! :laugh4:

:computer: Seems like I saw on the documentary, they were talking to Gerry, he was leaning up against some rocks, along the shoreline and he was holding/drinking a bottle of water? Maybe that's why the water is SO valuable? :confused: