Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

WELCOME ALL YE GALS AND PALS TO THE VERY FIRST FLOOR OF THE 2ND HIGHRISE OF OUR CLINIC!

This is where we come to celebrate and luxuriate in our diagnosis of GALS. Not seeking a cure but rather seeking companions who are like-minded in their respect, love, and lust for the hottest Scot (or maybe just the hottest GUY) to ever grace the Earth with his presence.

So, to get this building started we have to LAY the foundation. How are we going to do that? Well, one of the first things that goes into the foundation of a building is the steel, you have to have some strong steel in order to hold all the floors that are going to be built above. So this floor can easily tie in with all the magnificent shots we are getting from "300" and we can celebrate those abs of steel (and thighs, and arms...) that Gerry worked so very hard to achieve and display in all their glory in this film. So, drool on GALS - and help us build a super-strong foundation for this building.

I am only going to link to the first post of the last floor of the first highrise or these first posts are going to get toooooooooooooooooo long! But we will continue to put the very first post that started it all at the beginning of each and every floor.

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOO!

I actually get to be the first post on a floor...the first post of the new tower!! (Well, after the intro post!)

This position demmands that I say something witty, and mark this occasion properly....

OMG the stress...what do I say...

GERRY NAKED!

Crap, the gutter in me over ruled the vanilla. . . I will forever be a Vanilla girl with a heart full of kinks!

Cheers!

Bella

Edited by bellawolfe

Hey GALS! I was kind of down this afternoon so didn't post much. But here we are in a new tower and time to start a new party! :dance: :dance:

Bella - You are definitely going to need A LOT of towels while watching Attila! :droolpuddle: I had Attila dreams the night I watched it. I hope you are that lucky too!

Hugs to everyone!

WOO!

I actually get to be the first post on a floor...the first post of the new tower!! (Well, after the intro post!)

This position demmands that I say something witty, and mark this occasion properly....

OMG the stress...what do I say...

GERRY NAKED!

Crap, the gutter in me over ruled the vanilla. . . I will forever be a Vanilla girl with a heart full of kinks!

Cheers!

Bella

:funnyabove: Bella, I like the way you think! :rotflmao:

I had the day off today, wonder if I'll see those two Gerry clones at work again tomorrow?

Wow! 2nd clinic already! I had to get in on room #5.

Bella, you naughty, naughty girl! Did you get a pic of Gerry cutting the ribbon to open the new highrise?

*Gerry streaks across and cuts ribbon*

Edited by Lady Trueword

Ok. In honor of 300, I post the following -- in an attempt to LAY a BED of rock solid concrete upon which we may ERECT our new wing:

Posted Image

MY new mantra for the new wing: KING ME!!

Edited by heISmyGspot

After getting past the initial shock of being the first post, I read Susan's description for this first floor, and I thought to myself "What do I have to offer other GALS? How can I be thier foundation?"

Well, here is the answer I came up with (I had my daughter help me really quick by taking the picture. :wub: ) :

Posted Image

And I mean that from the bottom of my heart, if you need any advice, encouragement, not only where fitness and weightloss is concerned, but I am always here to listen. :wub:

I carry this with me always, it's a bad scan of the picture, but this keeps me at the gym 6 days a week.

Posted Image

That was me at 256lbs. It's been a long hard road, and when people like that doctor last week tells me that I'm fat, it's really hard because I still see the girl in that picture when people say i'm big, or that I still need to lose weight to be pretty. I've always been a pretty person in personality. :wub:

So there's my foundation that I offer to my GALS PALS!

Luv you all!

Bella

Witty GALS!

"King Me!" :bonk:

"Lay a Bed ....upon which we can ERECT a new wing" :spit:

"Gerry STREAKS across to cut the ribbon" :pant: Right BEHIND ya, GERRY! :flee: What a view!

"Strong Steel to hold up the floors...." :licky:

But the "piece de resistance"....the crown in our jewel of artistic and creative lusty thoughts:

"GERRY NAKED!" Sheer poetry, Bella!

Stunning in its simplicity and strength of emotion.....*wipes tear from suddenly misty eyes*

I'm so proud of these GALS.....*sniff*

Bella, you're BEAUTIFUL......just like your name! Forget that doctor....get a new one....

Nade, thanks for your search for Carnac Camel Curses...... I'll do a bit of searching too!

(glad you liked the sign....do we have that kind of stamina, I wonder?) :cunning:

Mel, how many of us can fit on your web? I'd like a wee nip of Gerry, if you catch him.... :eat:

Hobbes3, you're getting the hang of this place real quick-like! :worship: You're a natural.....

One and all, :wave: and :hug99: and :Welcome2: Support Center, Tower II !!!

Love all-a-y'all!

Lori in atl :lalala:

Edited by great butler

OMG I thought my sister and I were the only nasty little girls that played that skinny dipping scene,in Mrs Brown, over and over again and in slo mo. :tasty: :thud: How can a Gal help herself, the man is like a mythical God! He is just so perfect in every way.

Bella - You are beautiful! And I hope you know how much we luv ya girl!

We've already had so many great quotes on this floor! *whew* I'm going to go to bed thinking of playing naked checkers with Gerry and saying "King Me!" Thanks for the inspiration Spot!

Good night all! *group hug with the G-man in the middle*

KING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

:leochest:

Dear Lord, I should be arrested for the thoughts in my head right now! :gutter:

Morning lovelies! :wave::wave:

Good news - I got my Grecian dress from eBay and I can get it on! YAY! Unfortunately, to look decent, I still have to lose at least 20 pounds. Not as easy as it sounds. Also, it's a white jersey like material. Haven't a clue what type of bra to wear (any regular one would show as there isn't much material, but if I don't wear one, it'll be obscene!). Hmmmm.....

Now, I can hunt for gorgeous sandals to go with it.

Is it JUNE yet????????????? :kisswink:

Stepping out of the gutter, for a moment.

Bella, you got me to thinking, what can I contribute to the foundation?

I finally realized it is something I have found here. It's ME. The real me. The brave, loyal, funny, creative, and even sexy Kristine.

I am finally becoming the fabulous woman I always thought I would be. I say this with the greatest humility, and gratitude to GALS for being my light. I am especially thankful to Jill and Issy who held my hand as I took that leap out of the darkness.

All My Love,

Kristine

Hey girlies! I've GOT to stop letting life interfere with my GALS!!! Good night! It's been forever since I've posted!!! :bonk:

Anyway, I'm sneaking in from work... things are CRAZY around here! We should be getting a computer for my coworker next week, so she won't have to share mine. Then I can sneak in a little more often. I've been having withdrawls!

Gotta run, I need to do an audit. I just wanted to let y'all know I'm still kickin'!

After getting past the initial shock of being the first post, I read Susan's description for this first floor, and I thought to myself "What do I have to offer other GALS? How can I be thier foundation?"

Well, here is the answer I came up with (I had my daughter help me really quick by taking the picture. :wub: ) :

Posted Image

And I mean that from the bottom of my heart, if you need any advice, encouragement, not only where fitness and weightloss is concerned, but I am always here to listen. :wub:

I carry this with me always, it's a bad scan of the picture, but this keeps me at the gym 6 days a week.

Posted Image

That was me at 256lbs. It's been a long hard road, and when people like that doctor last week tells me that I'm fat, it's really hard because I still see the girl in that picture when people say i'm big, or that I still need to lose weight to be pretty. I've always been a pretty person in personality. :wub:

Luv you all!

Bella

Bella Bella, tu sei una stella...Beautiful Bella, you are a star!

Anna x

KING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

:leochest:

Dear Lord, I should be arrested for the thoughts in my head right now! :gutter:

Morning lovelies! :wave::wave:

Good news - I got my Grecian dress from eBay and I can get it on! YAY! Unfortunately, to look decent, I still have to lose at least 20 pounds. Not as easy as it sounds. Also, it's a white jersey like material. Haven't a clue what type of bra to wear (any regular one would show as there isn't much material, but if I don't wear one, it'll be obscene!). Hmmmm.....

Now, I can hunt for gorgeous sandals to go with it.

Is it JUNE yet????????????? :kisswink:

Would anything like this do over your dress? The actress in Attila got away with wearing one with her Roman attire!

Posted Image

Anna x

Edited by Anna

...when people like that doctor last week tells me that I'm fat, it's really hard because I still see the girl in that picture when people say i'm big, or that I still need to lose weight to be pretty.

Bella -- you need to start hanging with some different people!

I'm going to go to bed thinking of playing naked checkers with Gerry and saying "King Me!" Thanks for the inspiration Spot!

[kicks at dirt] Aw, shucks. Tweren't nothin'...

I finally realized it is something I have found here. It's ME. The real me. The brave, loyal, funny, creative, and even sexy Kristine. ... I am finally becoming the fabulous woman I always thought I would be. I say this with the greatest humility, and gratitude to GALS for being my light. I am especially thankful to Jill and Issy who held my hand as I took that leap out of the darkness.

I feel the same way, K -- well, except the sexy part. Naughty and fun -- yes. Sexy ... eh, not so much. But that's not a goal for me. My goal is to be sexUAL, not necessarily sexy (in MY pointed little noggin, there's a difference.) This gals at this site have definitely attributed to my journey towards "sexual healing" in a positive way. Ironically, one night in chat, while being cheeky, Gabriel actually validated something that my husband has been trying to convince me of for years and that has been a tremendous help.

I'm glad you're here, K. Well, I'm glad you're ALL here! And I say "grace" for Dr. Em's stroke of brilliance in diagnosing The Syndrome every night.

169 days til ball sweat!

Edited by heISmyGspot

ok...since we have started over I guess I'll start posting on the Support Center (cause last time I don't think I ever did :doh: ) yah and I like the theme....I like it A LOT!!! 300!!!!

here's some pics for you Gals:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/GJB_...d/SNAG-0112.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/GJB_...0_video1_18.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/GJB_...00_009_0005.jpg

and last but not least....

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/GJB_...0_video1_10.jpg

:heat: :tasty: :inlove: :thud:

Enjoy! ::D:

:mrkilty: ~*Sam*~

ok...since we have started over I guess I'll start posting on the Support Center (cause last time I don't think I ever did :doh: ) yah and I like the theme....I like it A LOT!!! 300!!!!

here's some pics for you Gals:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/GJB_...00_009_0005.jpg

:heat: :tasty: :inlove: :thud:

Enjoy! ::D:

:mrkilty: ~*Sam*~

Oh Sam thanks for the pics. The "cod" in this picture is just ridiculously arousing! OMG! I can't imagine the sweat in this lucky piece of leather. The designer of this coveted cod should win an Oscar if only for making it so form fitting and "healthy"! :pant:

Cassie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Luv you all!

Bella

Bella, I'm right there with you. I've only been here a little over a week but, this site is giving me the encouragement to give up Ben & Jerry's as a panacea for the other :fook: 'n crap that's going on in my life. Dealing with my incurable case of GALS is all-consuming! :inlove: :bow2:

Spot - I do believe that KING ME! has to go down (yes, I said it) in the GALS Hall of Fame!!!

:bow2::leo::cheer2:

We definitely need a new emoticon for that!!! Stef - Bethy - Zany - can one of you do that for us????

Ok. In honor of 300, I post the following -- in an attempt to LAY a BED of rock solid concrete upon which we may ERECT our new wing:

Posted Image

MY new mantra for the new wing: KING ME!!

Spot.... this photo has been blazing in my mind for days. Seeing the 300 trailer re-ignited my earliest *crushy* feelings for G... not that they've ever completely gone away.

I recall that after my 3rd viewing of POTO in the theater, back in the winter of '04... I could not eat or sleep, and it was EXACTLY like the first flush of falling in love.

Now... since the theme of this floor is laying the foundation... let me contribute this:

The first crushy feelings I had for Gerry at the beginning of this journey... have come and gone, depending on what else is going on in my life. One week, I may find myself utterly smitten by gazing at a single photo or reading a charming interview... and other weeks or days, I may be a little less involved or enthusiastic about him.

But as I have come to know Gerry, the man, through watching more of his films and recognizing the flashes of his own soul he allows to shine through the characters he plays; and reading his interviews, and all the stories his fans write of their encounters with him; and then of course... meeting him face to face in Vegas, and looking into those extraordinary eyes.... there is now, a real foundation of love and respect for this man, beneath all the flowery, fluttery, crushy girly feelings.

Had Gerry been just another handsome ego consumed celebrity... I would not have lasted more than a month on his sites. It is through my discovery of the real man beneath the masks, make-up, helmets and convincing characters he plays.... that Gerry and his remarkable fans have become so foundational in my life.

As I have said many times.... not only have I been blessed and enriched because of this man... but so has my family... we have all three benefited from my association with GALS, and because of the love shown us by Dayna and many, many others.

Gerry is so much more to me now... than he was in the beginning of my Phantom induced fandom... and no matter how often other fans try to convince me that we can't "know" who he really is... I believe with all my heart that Gerry is a very decent human being who has extraordinary gifts and talents, and who has overcome his own flaws and weaknesses to be true to himself.

That is STRENGTH!

These are the qualities that took me from a celebrity crush... to honest, and I believe enduring feelings; of caring for the man... respecting him, and yes.... loving him.

This love in turn, has laid the foundation for some truly wonderful friendships with the women of GALS... friendships that I try to cultivate... and relationships that have truly changed me as a person.

So.... floor by floor, as we work to build our friendships in support and love of each other, and in honor of the man we all adore.... we each grow stronger...

Cheers to Gerry! And cheers to GALS!

Swan

Edited by Swansong

Hello GALS Galore!!!

Here I am.....wondering what MY contribution could be to this foundation.... :confused:

I was a late-comer to the First Tower....so I don't know how y'all started that one off.....

(with a BANG! I'm sure!)

I just offer my ear.....to listen.

My heart......to care.

My voice......to encourage, support and maybe get a chuckle once in a while!

I appreciate all of you out here. You have been a tremendous support to me, just being here to read about your days......your trials......your triumphs.......your funnies!

Let's take this to the top again, GALS! :claphands:

Love all-a-y'all!

Lori in atl :lalala: