Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 2nd floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic!

We are now well into Fall, with the cool crisp days and the color in the trees. In honor of the season this floor is dedicated to FALL - as in "FALLing in Love Again", "I Can't Help FALLing In Love With You", "FALLing Into You", "FALLing for You." How did you FALL for Gerry, how do you continue FALLing for him as time goes by. Be COLORFUL (but PG13).

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

All right! New floor means new siggy for the fall! I thought I would do something featuring HRH's homeland!

I fell for Gerry after finding out that he really felt a lot of the emotions he showed in POTO. I was so used to fake actors and celebrities that it was refreshing to see someone who could understand and relate to the Phantom's character so well. After watching his interviews and laughing with him, I admired him even more! Sorry if this doesn't make sense. It's late and I gotta go to bed!

Hugs,

Irene

Edited by Lady Trueword

My first "fall" for Gerry was at that moment we first see his face as he leads Christine to the lair in POTO. I continued to FALL more and more as I watched his interviews and found out what a sensitive and funny person he really is. Meeting him caused a very HARD FALL from which I don't ever expect to recover. When he has done things like calling Bethy on Christmas Day I fall all over again. After seeing the trailers for 300 I anticipate whole new wave of "falling" for him next year!

Now, here is a link to the first batch of Colorado adventures for GerryUSA.

GerryUSA Colorado -1

I have tons more with and without him but I'm so bleary eyed now I really MUST go to bed.

Posted Image

Who wouldn't fall for this man...Gerry Butler.....I first noticed him with the Jury when it was first show on UK TV, but when I saw him as the Phantom, I fell with a 'Thud',

Posted Image

I don't really know him and I guess I never will, he will always be an enchantment, something there, but not tangible.

I can see him, his perfect face, and oh! what dreamy soft eyes, they look into my very soul. His voice is pure music to my ear, speaking only to me.

I wish I knew his thoughts, his hopes and his dreams and shared his fears. For I am driven to by the need to comfort him and shield him from all harm.

Yes, I fell for this man Gerry with the body of the God Adonis and will endure the bitter sweet pain of love always wanting more of him.

I am driven by the dream of him, yet he is a real, caring, warm, loving man who will haunt my waking dreams for eternity.

Anna x

Falling for Gerry??? Everyday!

My first fall was in March of this year, POTO. PONR, I had forgotten what being a woman felt like. For so long I had been operating in Mom/Maid mode. Then, I wept for Erik. And continued to cry for the man who was able to tap into such anguish. And I had to know who he was. I found out I was late to the Gerry party, but you all took me right in and I fell again.

DF, he touched my soul. I could identify with the loney mom, just wanting what was best for her kid/s. I think this is the performance that really made me want to be worthy of such a man.

I just this week saw B&G and the extras. Another fall. He is intellegent, and thoughtful. Someone I could sit and visit with, who would actually have an original idea about, anything. It doesn't hurt that his voice...........*sigh*

The whole 300 phenomenon, just makes me sweat! I am so excited for him and this movie.

As long as he's around, I'll keep falling deeper and deeper.

xox

K

I'm not sure I can capture how I've fallen for him (I'll let Swannie do it -- she's always so eloquent and thoughtful :kiss: ). I definitely saw him first in POTO...my first thoughts was that it was the movie itself that captured my heart, but as I looked up Gerry on the internet, I learned more and more about the man and who he truly was. And since joining GALS and watching his interviews and his other movies, there is nothing I can compare this feeling to. No other celebrity has ever captured my heart, my mind, my soul, my hormones like Gerry Butler.

And to hear him SING!!!!!!!! :thud:

:wave: Hi all!!

ok this might kinda make sense but...I fell for Gerry in Reign of Fire when I was 10 and I said to my mom 'I like that Scottish guy. He's cute & I like his accent!' (I didn't know his name was Creedy lol)and then later on that same year I saw POTO and I fell for him again (but I didn't know it was "that scottish guy" I saw in Reign of Fire) I fell for him at the part where he turns his head and looks behide him when he sang MOTN. Then I searched him and found out that Gerry was the scottish guy in Reign of Fire and was The Phantom.

What keeps me falling is watching his movies and being here!!!

And like Kristine said as long as hes around!!

~*Sam*~

Edited by Sam

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Speaking of Fall...we spent the day yesterday outdoors enjoying a beautiful Autumn day. We raked all the leaves and played in them and then decorated the yard and the house for Fall. It was a beautiful, perfect day.

I fell for Gerry after seeing POTO. I left the theatre with my mom and all I could say on the drive home was "I would have chosen the bad boy". My mom laughed at me and said "you always have". I later found GALS and FELL for all of his fans. I have made such great friends since finding Gerry and I will ALWAYS be grateful to him for that.

Morning Gals!

I saw Reign of Fire in the theater, and Gerry was the only good thing about the movie! And then I saw D2K at my best friends house, and thought "Man Drac can bite me! He's hella sexy!!" my friend agreed. Then I saw POTO way after it left the theaters, or my true obsession would have begun much earlier! I fell 100% in love with the tortured soul of the Phantom, and couldn't understand why Christine fell for Raoul! After that I saw the Jury and it just solidified my love for the man. :wub:

After that it was TR2, Dear Frankie, Attila, and now Beowulf. He just keeps getting better!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Love you all!

Cheers!

Bella

Back in February of 2005-I had never heard of Gerard Butler. Hadn't seen any of his movies, so I had not even had a glimpse of the man. A good friend of mine was already smitten with him and had known of him since Mrs. Brown. I knew she had seen POTO more than once at that point but I had avoided the movie since the play moved me so much. It wasn't that I'd heard anything negative about the movie, just didn't want to spoil my experience of the play years earlier. I remember her showing me covers of the few DVD's that she had of his before we left for the movie theater, but it still didn't click.

However, his "Brava, Brava, Bravissima" in the chapel scene made me wonder about the man who was behind that voice. His first words from behind the mirror in the dressing room "Insolent Boy", made my pulse rate go up a bit. When his face appeared ever so slightly from behind the mirror, I sat up a little straighter in my seat. As he and Christine moved down the corridor, though, and you see his face for the first time, I was a goner. I think my only coherent word was "Wow" as I grabbed my friend's arm in absolute astonishment at what I was watching. The emotion showing in his eyes at that moment absolutely grabbed my soul. By the end of Music of the Night, I was hooked. The scene up on the roof broke my heart with the depth of feeling that was so obvious. By the time Point of No Return was performed, I was indeed past that point myself. Never in my life had I been stirred like that by any performance of anybody.

I walked out of theater completely mesmerized by the movie and specifically Gerry's performance. Within a few days, my friend hauled out a folder of pictures and articles of him that she had collected and I saw for the first time what he "really" looked like. I was giggling like an 8th grader at this point. From then on I "googled" him and discovered GB.net and realized that there were a number of people that were equally as giddy over him. I began putting all the movies I could find on my Netflix list and starting riding my stationary bike just so I could justify spending the time watching his movies. We saw POTO another 5 times together before it left our area. I saw him on his second and third Jay Leno interviews as well as the Craig Ferguson and Ellen shows. At that point, I was beyond any hope of forgetting about him. The more I learned the harder I fell. Not only is this man talented and sexy beyond words, but he is funny, cute, incredibly intelligent and an absolute joy to watch and Scottish to boot. This "crush" or whatever it is has changed my life. He continues to astound me and continues to capture me heart and soul.

For all of it, I thank you Gerry.

Edited by discoveringme

Hello All!

It actually took me many steps to fall for Gerard. The lust was right away! I always thought it was such a waste of time to become enamored with a celebrity. I figured there was no way I was ever going to meet them and if I did they would probably end up being a jerk anyway, usually I would end up hearing something that would disappoint me without wasting my time. But Gerry has gotten through that wall!

I first saw him in D2K and I though, much like Bella, "Oooh, I wish Drac would bite me!" and "It is such a good thing that vampires aren't real because if Dracula really looked like that I would volunteer to be in his harem." (or whatever it's called. LOL) Then I saw TR2 and definitely drooled! I never put together that it was the same guy that played Drac. Then it was Timeline and he was so my favorite part of the movie. He was chivalrous, caring, charming, smart, and gorgeous. Yet, I was still clueless and didn't realize I had already seen this man twice before!

I remember that I was home sick when I first heard about POTO coming out. I was laying on the couch with my eyes closed and I heard "Masquerade" on TV. I jumped up and watched the commercial (moved way too fast, but oh well) and called my husband at work. I said, "Guess what you are taking me to see at the end of December!" The next day when I was feeling better I went to imdb.com and looked up to see who was playing the characters. My jaw dropped to the floor when I realized that I had seen so many of Gerry's movies and loved him in every one and never realized it was the same man!

I saw the movie and was so intrigued by Gerry, but still had not fallen. It wasn't until I got on the websites and read about him and how great he is to his fans and watched the interviews that show his sweet, funny, modest, and playful personality that I truly fell! *sigh*

The first movie I saw with Gerry in it was Draucla 2000 a little while after it came out. I remeber making a comment that Draucla was hot, but I just let it go and never thought to look any futher.

Well fast foward 4 years to the end of May being of June of 2005, my mom has been sick for sometime and she can't sleep well. I stay up with her so she is not alone and we find something to watch. Well in the corse of time we had gone through some dreadfull movies, Well we were looking through Pay-preview one night and saw the Phantom of the Opera on. My mom said do you want to try it and I said why not. Well needless to say I was completely hooked. I made her watch it again, I had watched it so much my sister bought it for me.

So I took his name and searched it on the T.V. search and found that he was in TR2 and stayed up till 3:30 in the morning to watch it. Then I got on the computer and looked him up and found some wounderful sites, and the lists of movies he had been in and I when I read Dracula 2000 I said hey I saw that.

Well sence then my crush has growen gradualey. I now own 10 of Gerry's movies (I think) and watch them all the time. And I am on this site almost everyday.

And thats how I fell for Gerry.

Erica

Falling for Gerry...hmmmm. I think I've shared this before but I will do so again, as I love it! Due to financial situations, I was not able to see POTO in the theater. I have never seen the play, read the book, knew next to nothing about POTO. I HAD however seen TR2, and I thought, "Ooh, he's cute...love the accent". That was the end of that. I joined I think BMG Movie Club or something? Ordered POTO on a whim, thinking, it's a musical, I'm sure I'll like it, cuz I love music and I LOVE to sing. It finally arrives, I sit down to watch it and never, NEVER, have I been so glued to my seat. NEVER have I felt so much in a movie. I think I watched it 3 more times before I got up. I immediately googled the man (ha ha, again, I know where your dirty minds went...) and was stunned that I had seen him before! I never would have put the 2 together. Then I found GBNet, then I found Issy (or should I say she found me since we live in the same town) who introduced me to GALS and her Mandoll, and now I'm happily obsessed!

I can't see enough of his work. I love everything he's been in, or at least how he portrays his characters. I love that when he does an interview he's just so darn funny! He makes fun of himself, which is totally endearing. I love the high pitched laugh when something is really hilarious. I adore the way he is with his fans. He seems to be so real to me, not fake or stuck up. It's truly amazing to me that a man so talented could still be so UNKNOWN. I don't really understand why that is. I love that we all know who he is, and that he knows we support him.

At first glance, it seems like it's a physical thing. Gerry makes me feel things I have never felt before. But it's so much deeper than that. Hard to explain, really, how feelings could be deeper than physical when you 've never met the person who makes you feel all these things. You see all the behind the scenes stuff, the personal videos of fan encounters, the tv interviews, hear the radio interviews and you realize - this man is not just faking it. He's nice and compassionate, and funny and he really cares. He's amazing! His performances pull you in, but his personality seals the deal.

I will forever be in awe of him and his talent.

Isn't it fun to be in a place where people "Get" all that? That's one of the things I love about being a fan of his. All the others that enjoy all that is "Gerry".

Help. I've fallen and I don't want to get up. :lol:

At first glance, it seems like it's a physical thing. Gerry makes me feel things I have never felt before. But it's so much deeper than that. Hard to explain, really, how feelings could be deeper than physical when you 've never met the person who makes you feel all these things. You see all the behind the scenes stuff, the personal videos of fan encounters, the tv interviews, hear the radio interviews and you realize - this man is not just faking it. He's nice and compassionate, and funny and he really cares. He's amazing! His performances pull you in, but his personality seals the deal.

AimeeMarie - you stated this perfectly! And I completely understand where you are coming from here.

It is amazing how you can come here, and there are so many people all over this world that have the same feelings and thoughts as you. It makes you feel not so alone! :hugs: to everyone!

I don't know how I could possibly add anything new here, although I feel compelled to be a part of the discussion. My story is like that of so many other GALS here. And that truly is a beautiful thing.

I can't believe it's been less than a month since I discovered this man and all of you. I had wanted to see POTO in the theater because I knew it would be spectacular. I'd never seen the play or heard the score (at least not in its entirety.) Somehow, I missed it. Oh well.

Then one Sunday in September of this year, only a month since my husband and I separated, I'm alone in my apartment, (telling myself how much I love the freedom) flipping channels and come across it on HBO. I think "Hey I've wanted to see this and there's no one here to tell me I can't or make fun of me!" I'm transfixed from the opening note. And then...the phantom himself appeared. A rush of blood to the head. I felt flushed and short of breath. (No it wasn't a heart attack, it was Gerard Butler.) I watched it again later that night and when I finally fell asleep, I dreamt of the Phantom. (Seriously.) The next day I couldn't get him out of my head. I spent the entire work day on the web obsessively trying to find out everything I could

about this man. The only other movie I'd seen him in was MRS BROWN, which I actually already owned. (I now own 10 and have 4 more coming. LOL)

I read the articles, saw the clips of talk shows and like everyone else here was struck by how completely charming he was. (AND funny AND intelligent, etc.) I looked up fan sites and started visiting them. There were legions of women out there who'd had similar experiences and they were all getting support from and taking solace in each other.

I joined gb.net first but then I found GALS and knew I was home. I lust after Gerry as much as the next woman but, I will forever be grateful to him for leading me here. Part of it may have something to do with the fact that this is a rough time in my life but, you GALS make me feel like I can handle anything and that if I need you, you'll be there for me. Now my inner voice speaks to me with Scots Burr and you and he are inspiring me to make positive changes in my life.

I can't wait to be able to see him in an actual theater and to celebrate his talent!! :leochest:

:igotgals: and there's no :fook: 'n cure!

I went to the "Pirate" park with my girls, and took Merik along with for some fall photos to post.

These were all taken at City Beach in Oak Harbor, WA.

Posted Image

The Blarney Stone that celebrates the Irish settling in Oak Harbor.

Posted Image

Merik kissing the Blarney stone for good luck.

Posted Image

There's also a big Dutch community here.

Posted Image

The statue is a Dutch sweeper.

Posted Image

My older daughter found this little guy.

Posted Image

Pretty autumn colors.

Posted Image

Merik & Bella!

*Sorry for the focus, my daughter hasn't mastered the art of good photography yet!

That's it for now!

Cheers!

Bella

For me it all started with POTO on the 27th December 2004, but in the beginning I really fell for Erik - The Phantom and I didn't see the actor behind at first. I still have difficulties to see Gerry in the Phantom - he is the Phantom and he puts his heart and soul into this role.

I kept all the theatre tickets and on each of them I wrote a comment on the back, after seeing the movie. Looking through them I saw that I wrote after the 13th time, that Gerry was gorgeous - maybe I just simply didn't want admit it to myself earlier. But it was also around that time - End of January 2005 when I started to look him up on the internet.

I certainly fell again for him when I saw DF and the Jury. Well and the absolute highlight was his appearance at the convention in Vegas.

That's when I fell for Erik (thud)

Posted Image

There is more to say - but later..

I'm exhausted I'll do a proper post soon.

I wanna say a big THANK YOU to all the gals who prayed for me to get the P.S. I Love You gig. Well it worked and you can read about my day in the fan encounters section. i didn't actually meet or chat with gerry but i did work with him and might even share the screen with him :headspin: at least for a sec :laugh4:

Hugs :kiss:

Celine

OMG GOD Celine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it, I just :fook: in' KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats girly!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm exhausted I'll do a proper post soon.

I wanna say a big THANK YOU to all the gals who prayed for me to get the P.S. I Love You gig. Well it worked and you can read about my day in the fan encounters section. i didn't actually meet or chat with gerry but i did work with him and might even share the screen with him :headspin: at least for a sec :laugh4:

Hugs :kiss:

Celine

That is fantastic news! Congratulations!

Did you get the PM I sent you about the Burns movie casting call?

Hi Gals:

Falling for Gerry:

Now that is an understatement. LOL

Its more like living for Gerry.

I like so many of you saw him first in POTO.

Like Susan, the first real look at his face

when he leads Christine down the corridor.

I sat up and said OMG!! Who is this man.

From the first note out of his mouth to the lair

scenes. I was a goner.

Then to find out that he actually is a caring, sweet,

humble man who has a wonderful sense of humor

to boot.

And his acting. Words cant even begin to describe

it. It reaches into your soul and doesnt let go.

And my God I dont ever want it to let go.

Add to all of that, the wonderful people I have

come to know through this site. Like Hobbes3,

I started at gb.net which I still frequent, but GALS

is where my heart feels safe.

Thank you all for that, and Gerry, we love you.

Celine: I am so happy for you. Keep us posted.!!

Debbie

Edited by Trekkiegoober

Bella what great pics. Love them well I am up here and very pooped tonight. had a long day. They fly by so fast the older you get. I stay up here on the 69th floor to stay young hehhe as long as Gerry is in my thoughts I stay young. And I have him all over my room and most of his movies now so I am happy. a happy camper .!!!! hope I don't get drool all over the new foundationbold :bouncydrool:.

Holy cow Celine!!! :wow2: *rushes off to check out the fan encounters thread...*

Hey ladies (or vixens, whichever you prefer :cunning: )! As most of you know, the hubby and I have been having some problems lately. Yesterday was spent doing a lot of talking and tears. Well, last night after play practice I came home to a massage and this...

Surprise

Isn't he sweet to care so much? I know that it's not enough to fix everything that needs fixed, but it is definitely a nice gesture!

He's no Gerry, but he is mine! :laugh4: