Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
zanyzombie

HOW TO: Add Your Personal Photo

7/9/08 - This has been fixed, please make sure your photo is 150x150 pixels or something similar before you upload it. This will save space on our server and allow the site to run smooth. -Stef

HOW TO: Add Your Personal Photo.

Go to your Control Panel.

On the left side of the page under Menu,

look for...Change Personal Photo...click on it.

This page below will show up.

Click on the Browse tab.

Posted Image

A new window opens up.

These are the files from your computer.

Click on the picture you would like.

Then, click on the Open tab.

The window disappears.

Posted Image

In the box below is the path to the photo on your computer.

Click on Update Photo

Posted Image

Your photo will be shown like this.

Please keep all personal photos no larger than 150x150 pixels.

Posted Image

If you would like to change your photo click on Remove Photo and

then repeat the steps above.

If you have any questions please pm me or any mod for help.

TY. zany :D

Edited by Stef with an F
Stef - fixed problem

Guest Pilar

This is very strange, but my personal photo disappeared from my profile, and when I tried to re load it, it said "Upload failed, contact administrator." It boggles my mind, because I did not remove it in the first place. It was there for over a year.....then "poof!"

Any suggestions?

Edited by Pilar

Just saw mine is gone, too. Weird!

It's still in Photobucket, and can be seen other places online.

Seems it's like this for everyone, Pilar.

I'm sure we'll hear something from Stef on it very soon.

Hugs,

Katie

Sure enough, the loss of the personal photos was due to the server upgrade. Stef is working diligently with the forum provider to work out a solution.

Your continued patience and support are greatly appreciated!

I have followed all the steps, but my personal photo keeps getting an error message? :boink:

Any suggestions?

Swannie - if you check a couple of posts back it is because of the most recent server upgrade - nobody can load a personal photo right now. Stef is working on the issue, but isn't sure she will be able to get that feature back because it is out of her programming hands.

While they are fixing the Profile personal photos can they see why some Profile pages are out of whack? Mine has been split in half for a long time now. Others have mentioned it in the past as well. I was told that in the next upgrade it would be fixed. Love to have it fixed and get my photo back. Not complaining, just reporting! I know you gals have your hands full right now.

Kathy

The upload failed. Please contact a board administrator.

I am still getting the error message. Oh well, I imagine y'all can wait to see my ugly mug. :bleh2: :humph:

Swannie - if you check a couple of posts back it is because of the most recent server upgrade - nobody can load a personal photo right now. Stef is working on the issue, but isn't sure she will be able to get that feature back because it is out of her programming hands.

I am just using my pic as my avvie until this is fixed then I shall return to using a POTO avatar.

No news - since it is not something Stef can fix it is all up to those folks who do the programming for the site provider to fix. Maybe the next time they have an upgrade for us they will add that feature back again. Stef always posts an update in Messages from Admins when she has an upgrade on the horizon. At the moment I imagine she has her hands full getting the new GALS charity website up and running.

No news - since it is not something Stef can fix it is all up to those folks who do the programming for the site provider to fix. Maybe the next time they have an upgrade for us they will add that feature back again. Stef always posts an update in Messages from Admins when she has an upgrade on the horizon. At the moment I imagine she has her hands full getting the new GALS charity website up and running.

Thanks for the update Susan! No one needs to see my ugly-mug anyway. :bleh:

~ Lori

...not to mention VEGAS ...

Our poor Stef ... if only we could pay her what she's worth ... she'd never have to work another day of her life!

I have fixed this. You can upload your personal photos now. Please be cognizant of their sizes though. We are hosting them on our site and would prefer that they be 150 x 150 pixels when you upload them please!

Thanks!

:thankyou: for all that you do for us Stef!!!