Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

WELCOME to the 3rd floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic!

I've become fascinated with Celtic knots and one of the most popular is the triquetra, or the symbol of "3".

Posted Image

In many cultures and religions the number "3" is significant, it can stand for power, for components of the natural world, phases of life, the Holy Trinity, or body, mind and soul. So this is the powerful THIRD floor of this second highrise so pick which "power of 3" you prefer and apply it to Gerry and/or your own life. Is it the power of his performances and how they've affected you? Is it his body, mind and soul and how they have touched yours? Is it earth, sea and sky and the pictures of Gerry that include them? Whatever the power of 3 means to you, share it here.

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Probaby not what you had in mind, but right now all that connects Gerry to 3 for me is evidenced by my avatar. :cunning:

G3

Gerry's

Gutter

Girls

And, hey, I'm the first to post here! ::D:

Probaby not what you had in mind, but right now all that connects Gerry to 3 for me is evidenced by my avatar. :cunning:

G3

Gerry's

Gutter

Girls

And, hey, I'm the first to post here! ::D:

LOL-Leslie, you beat me to the punch. I was thinking of the very same thing! :rotflmao:

Oooh, Celtic knots, cool! I have some of them in my avi, displayed on the Celtic tiles.

Besides the Trinity, my family of three is really important to me.

Three things I love about Gerry:

-His expressiveness

-How real he is

-How giving he is to his fans

Irene

Edited by Lady Trueword

The power of "3"...hum...well I feel it connects me to Gerry because we share this common number of "9" which is 3 squared. I can't explain it but I have a list of commonalities that we share and it all comes back to the number "9". So with that said, I guess the number "3" is just as significant in that it will always be a multiple of "9". And we're connected by both numbers.

Cassie

On top of G3, there's just the 3, as in 3 AM, lol.

I think the things important to me with the number 3.... Well, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. I can't really think of anything else 3, really. I have 4 best friends, so that doesn't work. If I can think of anything, I'll be sure to let y'all know!

My daughters and I are a trio.

I have 3 years left to retirement.

Gerry would be my third husband... :rotflmao:

If we had a child it would be my third child... :rotflmao:

Is that enough threes for you? :lol:

Bella

The Power of 3:

Me

Gerry

Gerry's Fans

We are all connected..... and this has changed my life.

Swan

My Trilogy, Posted Image

My family, who are the reason I live, they fill my life with Joy and Happiness.

My friends, who are the sweetest most generous folk who give me their most prescious gift of time.

And Gerry, the start of a thousand smiles, Gerry, whose love transends continents, Gerry who brought us all together to celebrate the sheer joy of life.

Posted Image

Blessings, to always follow you.

Laughter, to fill your heart and home.

Love and peace and joy to fill your days.

Anna x

Edited by Anna

TGIF everyone,

This is going to be a VERY emotional day for me and I could really use some love today.

The three things that have come into my life because of Gerry

1. He made me feel again..emotions that I had shoved down to the bottom of my heart have just exploded out of me in the last 2 years.

2. The best group of friends a girl could ever ask for. Nothing in the world can compare to the loyalty and compassion and love that Gerry's fans have for one another. You are all very special to me.

3. He gave me my best friend. He gave me Gabriel.

Gabriel is leaving tomorrow so make sure and send him some love today.

I love you all,

Suz :kisswink:

:confused::confused::confused:

I thought I posted here sending Hugs to Suz and Gabe but I don't see it here? Can't imagine what happened. Not like it was my first time or anything LOL

Take 2: :hugs: to both Suz and Gabe. Suz, you know everyone here is sending good thoughts your way!

Good Morning Gorgeous GALS! TGIF!! Woo hoo!

Tonite is MOVIE CHAT. Bring on :frank: and the mud!

Chat was fun last nite (I'm sure I missed all the best naughty bits!) Big shout out to all my peeps (you know who you are LOL)

Have a great day all!

Insane drive-by.

Okay!

Worked 14 hour days Wednesday and Thursday so I wouldn't have to work today..and I still had to go in for 4 hours today.

Bah.

Okay..going to check up on my areas, (Roleplaying sections, and the like) and make sure my Gutter GALS are behaving themselves.. or at least trying to behave themselves.. hehe

Then I am crawling into my workshop to do everyone's graphics.

I unplugged the phone, the curtains are closed, the doors are locked, the cell phone is off, I have a gallon of iced tea, and some chicken and hashbrowns from Waffle House...I AM READY! hehe

Reminder that we have MOVIECHAT tonight!

So I need to get all my requests done before that!

Love yas!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

Hi, All You Wonderful GALS!! :wave: I'm so sorry to be missing out on all the fun here of late, but I have had to go to WORK (gasp, shudder) and am just too swamped to keep up right now. Hopefully that won't last forever, because I sure do miss you all! But I realized that I had to get some extra income over the next few months so I can afford TWO big trips next year. One to San Diego (all the way across the country from Orlando) for my daughter's wedding in May, and another to Scotland (alllll the way across the Atlantic) for the GBNet convention next July. I need MUCHO DINERO...FAST-O!

I love this second high rise! As for the concept of three...well...I'm not nearly as profound as some of you have been, I'm afraid. For me, the Gerry Threesome that comes to mind is The Phantom :erikicon: , The Stranger :mopboystranger: and Dracula :Draculababy: . My favorite three roles, and the ones that have most touched my life. The Phantom moves me so deeply that I feel as connected to his tormented soul as I would to a real person. Gerry brought him to life for me so completely, I have a hard time realizing he is fictional. The Stranger touches my heart in a more gentle way, and always makes me ponder the quiet moments in life. Because I'm always wondering what the story of HIS life has been, I find I also look inside MYSELF a bit more. And Dracula...well...hell's bells! Ain't it obvious? He's just plain Sex On Legs! :rotflmao:

So that's my Gerry Threesome, and they inspire me daily! Thank you, Gerry, for making these three characters so real and so meaningful, each in his own way! And thank you, GALS, for this wonderful forum filled with love and laughter.

I have about 100 Mandoll Adventures waiting to be told, so I'm hoping to find some more free time SOON!

You folks have a wonderful day and a happy weekend!

:hearts:

Chat was fun last nite (I'm sure I missed all the best naughty bits!) Big shout out to all my peeps (you know who you are LOL)

RATS, missed a good chat again! Hope I'm still one of your peeps, though! :kisswink:

and make sure my Gutter GALS are behaving themselves.. or at least trying to behave themselves.. hehe

Who us?? Behaving ourselves??? :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: As if...... :funnyface:

HUGS to all the GALS and PALS -- especially to Suz and Gabriel. Save travels, Gabriel....

:rose:

Happy Friday everybody! I'm really looking forward to movie chat tonight. My husband even said he's watch the movie with me, even though he's not a big soccer fan.

Marcia, good to see you. Best wishes getting the moolah for those trip! What a great goal to look forward to!

Bethy, have fun in the dark! :lol:

Suz, I replied to your other thread about Gabriel's trip. Hugs to both of you.

Happy birthday, Bonnie!

Amber, I like your 3s. ::D:

Hi Hobbes, Pilar, Anna, Bella, Cassie, Leslie, Susan, Mel, Mousie, Elissa, EricaJS, Kristine, Pop, Di, and the rest of you lovely gals!

Hugs,

Irene

Edited by Lady Trueword

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hi Gerry fans!

Three, hmmmm...

Well, I noticed Gerry in 2001, I believe. It would be 3 more years before I'd see him again.... :headspin:

and then three more months before I dove into the Gerry fandom.... :heat:

and then met up with three wonderful fans who pushed me into some great activities :claphands:

There's my story....short and sweet.... ::D:

~alice

Fast, Quick... Run by.... :wave: Hi, Gals!

Off the top of my head... my first set of three is

Vanilla!

Black Velvet!

Kinks!

Each and every flavor is :gerrylicious: with lots of :heat: which bring on multiple :gerrygasm: or complete :spontaneous:!

Must rush now, I need to be on the Public Information Service desk in 5 minutes.

Luv y'all.

Will get back later tonight!!!!

Beachie

Edited by givemeabeach

Well since this iis the 3rd floor and 3 is the theme hmmmmmm

I can think of a few things

3 F's

Faith- the trinity is important

Family- I have 3 girls and

Fun-- where would we all be if we dont have any of this---

on another note -- wonderful things come in 3s

for me---

1--- when I called to make hotel ressies for Vegas I got some wonderful news

2--- I just got a job- and the perfect one at that (been a stay at home mom for 15 years)

3--- that one hasnt happened yet- but I'm sure it will be a good one!!!! :hmm2:

or am I still dreaming??!!

Annemarie

Well here we made it to the 3rd floor wow ::D: the 3 is the word then huh. the 3 f's . Family Faith, Friends. my 3 f's. Its beautiful here in south central Miss today 73 and already its getting to 3pm and the sun is starting to godown won't be long 5pm it will be dark More time for me to spend in the dark with Gerry :ohbaby2: :mopboyerik: more movies to watch I love to put on his movies and my candles and sit in the dark with him. Of course there is always the dog barking to interrupt me for something or another takes me out of my mood. Darn any way. Well I feel better today some, am thankful for that. Well you have a good evening and pleasant dreams to all . Gerry Dreams. lu lu

My "3"

1. My mop-boys.

I used to mop-up the drool by myself (remember that Dr. Em! hehe)

but then I found the boys. I don't know what we'd do without them!

2. Kinks or Vanilla?

Back in the early days of GALS (what was that..like a year and several months ago..hehe) I wasn't sure if people would like me running around talking about Gerry's kinks & vanilla. (Black Velvet was all Abrrrock!) I am so thrilled that it became an important part of the GALS way of lust..I mean life! :rotflmao:

3. My beautiful FANmily here and the Gman, himself.

So many wonderful things have happened to me since I became part of GALS.

I met so many wonderful people...(including Gerry!)

I Love the living hell out of you, Scottish man!

But I also met the greatest bunch of human beings I have ever had the honor of meeting. I will hold you all in my heart for the rest of my life!

Okay! Back to signatures before I start crying again!

:hugs:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

One of my dear, dear "sistahs" in the Gerry-lovin' FANmily reminded me of a couple of very important "3's" today.

3 little words (if you count the contraction as one word)

WE'RE ALL CONNECTED - and how, baby!!

I LOVE YOU - and I do (TNLW) each of you here, the many, many I've met since that fateful New Year's Eve 2004 when I first laid eyes on Gerry. And of course I love the G-Man himself - what's not to love about a man who is talented, intelligent, empathetic, caring, beautiful inside and out, funny, deep, soulful? Well...you get the picture....we all do or we wouldn't be HERE.

LAUGH, LOVE, LEARN... these are three things very important to me every day of my life (so much so that this is on my license plate frame). First to find things to laugh about no matter what is going on trying to drag me down. Laughter is the best medicine for whatever ails you. Second to love my family, my FANmily, my friends, my colleaques, my life. Love does make the world go 'round. Third to learn, because when we stop learning something new every day then what is the purpose of life? Even if it is just a little something. Stephen Covey calls it "Sharpening the Saw" and it is the 7th of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Challenge your mind, exercise it so that it continues to grow no matter what age you've reached chronologically, and you will be forever young.

Well I guess my three words would be....... Mesmerized, because that's what I was when I first discovered Gerry in Attila!

Friendship, because that's what I found when I knew there were others out there just like me, caught under the spell of Gerard Butler! That would be the angels site.

Family, because that's what it's like now that I have found the gals. So now I have the angels and the gals and it seems that we are all sisters in a word, which brings me to the conclusion of family! I hope someday that I get to meet you all and of course the person the really brought us all together in the first place!

:kiss::butterfly::hugs: Fran

I have to gush over my darling husband. Tonight when POTO came on HBO he was the one who put it on, and when I heard the music I joined him. Now, almost every night he goes to bed between 9 and 9:30 but tonight he stayed up on his own, until the movie was over at 11pm and THROUGH the credits too!! Oh, and he commented on how well Gerry SINGS considering he is not a trained singer. :inlove: Now you know one of the many reasons I love him so much!!!!!