Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also stars Ian McKellen and Kathy Bates and it's a love story....had no idea when I turned it on. :confused: It just sounded interesting and it is. You should rent it. It's based on a novel called "Amy Foster" - or so my cable tv guide tells me. It was made in 1998.

Edited by Gemmie

Morning, Gemmie. It it a beautiful day here. 52 degrees! I'm not sure what to do yet today. Right now, I'm lounging around in my robe and slippers. Been up since 8:30 and I had 10 hours of sleep. I feel wonderful.

BTW, Gemmie, I watched Elizabeth I on OnDemand last night. The HBO movie. Was that the one you were telling me I'd like. If so, you were right. It was awesome!

I am getting things ready today to head over to Trixie's house. I will be watching their dog and cats while she is at her mom's.

finanlizing some stuff for my party on Wednesday. I am really trying to not focus on sales for that night and see if I can get back the kind of parties I used to do. It is so amazing how your mindset even in the subcon. can effect your sales.

Hi Windy - Yep, that's the movie I was telling you about. Glad you liked it. I did the same thing you did - got up early but didn't too much in the morning - just lounged around in my robe and slippers and had a big breakfast. It was nice. Then, I went for a run outside along the lake and ran almost 8 miles. I feel good now but tired. I also did some cleaning around my place, shredded some documents that have been staring at me for awhile, folded laundry and now I am about to get out the suitcase and start looking through my closet to determine what to wear to the Big Apple - I don't want to over pack. I hate when I do that. :tantrum: I also made an appointment for a massage tomorrow night. That should put me in the right state for our trip! :claphands:

Hi Mik, Have fun at Trixie's with the "kids". When I was in school, I dog sat for the cutest little cocker named Sandy. Her owners lived in my apartment complex and Sandy and I became friends so her owners asked if I would watch her while they were away. She was such a cutie. I had a canary that my mom had given me named Rudy (he was named Rudy after the Clash's "Rudy Can't Fail" - he really sang whenever that song was on the stereo) and Sandy used to love to terrorize that bird. They eventually got along - wouldn't really say they were friends but they did learn to tolerate one another.

Hey Gals - I was telling Windy that I met a fellow in our neighborhood waiting for the bus yesterday and he was in a kilt. So, I asked him what clan his tartan belonged to and he told me Anderson. He then asked me if I liked it so I said "sure". Then, his bus came and he wished me a nice weekend and got on. I was still waiting for my bus with this one other girl and she told me that he is there a lot and that he always wears a kilt - different ones, according to her. So, for those of you who like men in kilts, I know a guy. I am not sure if he's all "there", but he did wear it well - he had the sporran, the stockings, the whole bit. However, he was wearing a sweatshirt on top.

I'm here and poor Caffrey doesn't know what to do with himself. I can't tell if he is enjoying the quiet or missing everyone. I'm sure there is a part of him that is missing everyone.

Getting ready to watch Desperate Housewives.

Evening all! Just stopping in to say hello. Looks like it's been quiet in here today. I didn't do much either today. Got up early and lounged around the house, and started reading The Highlander's Touch for the second time. I love KMM books! Just lurking here and watching Cold Case. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Windy and Gemmie have a BLAST in NYC!!!

Hi Pat - A very happy birthday to you today.

Stacie - That is exactly what I intend to do when I get to NYC - blast right through it. It's been such a hell month at work that this little vacay is exactly what I need.

Hi Mik - Hope you and Caffrey aren't too lonely over there!

Gemmie

P.S. Those suspenders of GB's are sure getting more than their fair share of publicity. Wtih the dog and the suspenders, I would have to say that GB has very high proile accessories.

Edited by Gemmie

hey all just checking in...I have not dropped completely off the face of the earth...

I will be on later just wanted to say missed you all so much :kiss::wave:

Hi LT:

We go to NYC this coming weekend. We didn't go for the GB birthday bash - we are going to have our own bash this weekend! But, thanks for the well wishes and I am sure that we WILL have a good time! That poor unsuspecting Big Apple won't know what hit it! :headspin:

Gemmie

:happybirthday::party::happybirthday:

PatKay - HAPPY BIRTHDAY I hope you have a lot of fun on your birthday :behave:

I just got home from work a little while ago so I am trying to catch up on everything.

Edited by Miklyn

Good afternoon all.

Glad to see you Terra!!! We miss you too!!!! ::D:

PatK......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :yippee:

Hope you have a happy one!!

I did not do a darn thing all weekend. I stayed in bed all day and night Saturday because I was so upset over my Friday night at work.

Today the 5 of us went in to the supers office and nothing was resolved.....after work the publisher walked through our dept and jokingly asked what we were discussing and we told him about the events that had taken place Friday night and today and to our suprise he knew absolutley nothing about it. Well he promised us that something would be done about the shinanigans that went on at the night shift. I feel alot better about the outcome now.

I felt really insulted today by my boss, like my co-workers and I were not valued by the company, we were trash that could be kicked around and stepped on. And that is not how an employee should be made to feel.

Ok I am done....Thanks for letting me vent!!! :inlove:

Since we are so close to finishing this thread and we have run over the last couple of times. I thought I would go ahead and start a new thread.

In case we get to chatting tonight and forget.

NEW THREAD

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...t=0#entry943430

Edited by Miklyn

• 2 weeks later...