Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Stef with an F

11/13 GB attends 300 Preview in NYC

from http://www.blackfilm.com/20061110/features/300preview.shtml

I bolded an important note, hehehe :cunning:

When Warner Bros. decided to bring the film “300”, based on a graphic novel by Frank Miller, to San Diego Comic Con this summer, I don’t think anyone had any idea as to how it would be perceived. With “Spider-Man 3”, “Ghost Rider”, “Saw 3”, “Snakes on a Plane”, and countless other anticipated films being previewed as well, “300” didn’t seem to be on anyone’s radar. Then the trailer was shown to a packed audience of 8000 and holy smoke, did it ROCK! It was first time to my recollection that a single trailer of one film was repeated a whopping 3 times after hearing “RUN IT BACK” over and over. “Superman Returns” got 2 repeat viewing in 2005. “300” was THE BEST trailer of Comic Con this year and yet, the film comes out in 2007.

Now, 4 months later, Warner Bros. has started to show some footage of the film to various journalists of the press, consisting of internet, print, TV, and comic book outlets. Being in New York, I hated to read how other folks have seen the footage already. I can’t escape the greed. I want to be first to see this after what I saw this summer. Hence, not only did they bring us 30 minutes worth of footage shown in New York, but here to introduce the piece was Director Zack Snyder, along with producer Mark Canton, actor Gerard Butler, and the author of the graphic novel, the legendary Frank Miller.

In front of the screening room, which can only seat about 70 folks, yet was SRO, Zack proceeded to explain the order of what we would be seeing and clued us in on what the story was about. That was a good thing because I didn’t read the novel. Then we were privileged enough to see the first 10 minutes of the film. We see a young Leonidas being born and set unto the world to fight his way through life, beginning with some kids and then thrown out in the wilderness to battle a ferocious wolf. He can’t come back until he proven himself and believes he’s a Sparta and king of his people. As an adult, he’s played by Gerard Butler, with Lena Headey playing his wife, and Dominic West as one of his soldiers. When a messenger of his enemy shows up and wants him to surrender, Leonidas doesn’t take kindly to being ridiculed in front of his wife and people and set an example to the messenger so that his action is indeed louder than words!

Zack then gave us more insight into the story before he showed the next clip which has Leonidas standing butt naked in his room and talking to his wife, Lena Headey as Queen Gorgo. Leonidas seems skeptical of his decisions but the Queen reminds him of his duty and then we see some sexy slow love scene. Since this is a footage, we didn’t see all of what you expect to see. Zack was smart enough to tease us with this. Lena, who was seen in “The Brothers Grimm” and some indie films, will be a name you recognize now that her profile has blossomed since being cast as Sarah Connor for the TV series based on the Terminator. Anyway, we then see King Leonidas meet up King Xerxes where they talk about his surrender. I definitely have to read the book. Things can be confusing with these names. Xerxes looks like Goliath to Leonidas’s David.

After more yada-yada from Zack, we saw the first battle scene with the Spartans against The Immortals. In every film battle scene, you see blood and guts, but with this film, it the visuals that will get you. The cinematography, the color, the look, and every thing about this film smells REPEAT VIEWINGS. Afterwards, the filmmakers sat down for the usual Q & A that go along with a presentation. Frank talked about the special effects, and Zack was asked about the score of the film, which was composed by Tyler Bates. Also discussed was the transportation from book to film and Frank’s involvement. If you haven’t seen the trailer or pics of the film, then click here for more details, http://www.blackfilm.com/20060805/features/300.shtml

As the cliché goes, I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS FILM TO COME OUT!!

In the meantime, take a look at some of the props that brought to the presentation as well as pics of Frank, Zack, and Gerard.

“300” opens on March 9th, 2007

EDIT: New photos 11/15

Posted Image Posted Image

"Dear Lord, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. You like me, you reeeeally like me.... (and if you could see it in your heart to include a full frontal view, I will be forever grateful.) Amen."

Leonidas standing butt naked in his room and talking to his wife, Lena Headey as Queen Gorgo. Leonidas seems skeptical of his decisions but the Queen reminds him of his duty and then we see some sexy slow love scene. Since this is a footage, we didn’t see all of what you expect to see. Zack was smart enough to tease us with this.

Posted Image

I honestly don't think I am going to be able to handle it....Leonidas butt naked :cunning::stars: :worship: :spit: :headspin: :pointy: :whip: :spinny: :licky: :heat:

Leonidas standing butt naked in his room and talking to his wife, Lena Headey as Queen Gorgo. Leonidas seems skeptical of his decisions but the Queen reminds him of his duty and then we see some sexy slow love scene.

:spit: Did I read that correctly? My eyes are not playing practical jokes on me, right? That says "BUTT NAKED"?!?!?! Holy Crap! :spontaneous: I just :gerrygasm: 'd thinking about it!

:woah: Calm down!? How can you tell me to calm down when you're driving me to distraction?! Four more month of constant teasing...I can't take it! Hobbes slinks off the thread with tongue hanging out...

OMG... I am looking so forward to this movie! :tasty: My son went to the movies the other night and called me from the theater to tell me that he has just seen the previews to 300 and it was fabulous! He came home and went on line and looked it up and called me in to see the trailer. Fab Fab Fab! I'm excited!! Can't ya tell??? hehehe !!! :heat:

Hugs, midnight :yippee: :pointy::lolita::kiss:

That "...his glorious behind..."-comment sure makes sense now!! As if we ever doubted that....Posted Image

But how to survive the waitingperiod....?????Posted Image

Hugs from VERRA impatient Eva Mari :tasty:

PS: No matter the risks...!! DS

Posted Image X number of GALS there... Posted Image

Edited by NordicGirl

*dies* Trying to recover my breath after hearing the description of it all. Especially the scene between Leonidas and his queen. Yowza.... :spontaneous:

That said, the reviews on this movie are going to blow the roof off. They're already talking about people seeing this movie multiple times. We all know WE'LL be doing that but they're talking about lots of people seeing it. How exciting for all involved.

Gerry's life - fortunately or unfortunately will never be the same. I can hardly wait till March.

Thanks for posting the article!

:spontaneous: DDDDDDid I read the words BBBBUTT NAKED I got soooo excited that I know someone before me is praying for frontal too butt I can't remember who......... Hello, where am I....... OMFG, I just want to go to sleep til March 9th!!!!!!

:finger: :heat::bouncydrool: Anybody got a yellow towel?

:kiss: Fran....I think!

huminahuminahumina :barebum: can't wait can't wait can't wait

I mean I've been waiting since Archie ran into the ocean for another nekkid Gerry scene :wow2: :bootyshake: :partytime:

Can you tell I'm excited

Gerry's life - fortunately or unfortunately will never be the same. I can hardly wait till March.

I know what you mean, I want him to have unbelievable success, but what that brings may not be completely positive

*dies* Trying to recover my breath after hearing the description of it all. Especially the scene between Leonidas and his queen. Yowza.... :spontaneous:

That said, the reviews on this movie are going to blow the roof off. They're already talking about people seeing this movie multiple times. We all know WE'LL be doing that but they're talking about lots of people seeing it. How exciting for all involved.

Jill, I'll be doing more than just watching the movie...

MULTIPLE times! :laugh4: :gerrygasm: :gerrygasm: :gerrygasm:

I spy Spotty, can't wait to read what she writes!! :wave:

Edited by Songbird

I'm going to get into big trouble when i EVENTUALLY get to see it. I won't be sitting in a seat, nope i'll be sat up by the screen with my face right up to it. It will take military intervention to move me too. I can see it now, the staff will be saying "Move or we'll have to get security" and i'll be like "I'm not moving, i'm not moving." :lol: Gee wizz no one will able to see what's going on because i will be in this position :headspin: :lol:

:tantrum: How much longer til March? :tantrum:

Ger,

You've always been A List for all of us, but please don't disappear into the dark recesses of Hollywood

never to return. You very much deserve the recognition this film will bring you (long overdue i think) and i truly hope it will add to and improve your life, rather than take away from it and especially with your privacy. :kiss:

All kneel in the presence of 'The King' :worship: :lol:

Love and respect

xxSimonexx

:erikrose:

:bonk:

Um, I don't think I can fully form a regular sentance at this moment...

Gerry, how could you do that to us? Are you trying to :fook: in' kill your ENTIRE HAREM OF FANS???????

And many thanks to God for helping the director and writer come up with that scene, which will live forever in GB history as the straw that killed the harem....

What a way to go.... :thud:

Edited by AimeeMarie

It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?!

:bigone::takeitoff:

Leonidas standing butt naked in his room and talking to his wife, Lena Headey as Queen Gorgo. Leonidas seems skeptical of his decisions but the Queen reminds him of his duty and then we see some sexy slow love scene. Since this is a footage, we didn’t see all of what you expect to see. Zack was smart enough to tease us with this.

Posted Image

I honestly don't think I am going to be able to handle it....Leonidas butt naked :cunning::stars: :worship: :spit: :headspin: :pointy: :whip: :spinny: :licky: :heat:

Okay ladies... we have missed one of the most significant aspects of this article... the truly exciting revealtion that this articles makes....

THE GER BEAR IS BACK... our Gerry is growing scruff again!!!!!! He is looking MIGHTY FINE!!!!!!

:headspin: :cunning: ::D:

Pssst...

not only what Stef highlighted...

but this I posted last week...

Private screening of Half Hour of 300 Footage

This was reported by SciFi.com earlier today here, but

from: http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archives/2006...ng_details.html

there's a decidedly GALS spin on this report! :heat:

There has been a short screening of about half an hour of footage from the upcoming film 300 by Zack Snyder, and a surprise attendee was Frank Miller himself.

According to SciFi Wire, the screening showed never before scenes of the battle sequences, and included a scene for the ladies, Gerard Butler getting down with Lena Headey (there's a joke there) as King and Queen Leonidas. Thank the lord that he didn't have any braces on during that scene.

p.s....'braces' + 'suspenders'! lol!!

:licky:

Okay ladies... we have missed one of the most significant aspects of this article... the truly exciting revealtion that this articles makes....

THE GER BEAR IS BACK... our Gerry is growing scruff again!!!!!! He is looking MIGHTY FINE!!!!!!

:headspin: :cunning: ::D:

Woo Hoo! Love the SCRUFF!!! (More scruff, more chnuzzle pics!)

You're right I did miss it the first time. I was temporarily blinded by the words Leonidas...butt naked...sexy slow love scene :thud::stars: There I go again! Can I get some help here? (Hobbes feeling her way around the thread) This may happen a lot between now and March!!!

OMG...OMG...!!!!!!.....I think I am having a scotflash :heat::heat: Just the thought

of Gerry butt naked has me tingling all over.....and I do mean all over!!!

How am I ever going to make it till March....I think I may need the paramedics...my

heart is never going to be able to handle the stress of the wait....March seems so far

away....what am I to do? Guess I'll have to order me a King Leo "action figure"....they don't

call them action figures for nothing...hehe. Maybe that will hold me over till MARCH!!!

Did someone say butt nekkie Gerry???? :cunning: :dance:

OMG!! March is so :fook: in far away. :tissues:

That man is going to be the death of all of us.

But what a way to go!! :whome2: Yes you Mr. Butler.

:leo: :leochest: :KingLeo: :barebum: :gutter:

:whochnuzzle: Your scruff is back and sexy as ever.....

:mouthmaulme: On second thought..... :hump:

I better stop before Bethy shows up with her hose.

:Yee-Haw: :gerrygasm: :baby:

Love you all!!!

Debbie

"Beware the Ides of March" Less a few days, but you get the idea. If not heart failure, comatose GALS all over the world!!

Congrats to Gerry, we knew it all along.

xox

K

:spontaneous: :spontaneous: :spontaneous: :spontaneous: :spontaneous:

Whoa! Reckon my cardiologist would mind seeing this movie with me and bring defibrilators and anything else that might be required to fix me when I see Gerry in that love scene?... OMG, does he know what he does to us?

Edited by touchmetrustme

I have made a big decision...I will see 300 alone. My breathing is going to be way too heavy to take my husband along. How are we ever going to wait until March!

The sexiest King in history award goes to :leo:

Cheers!

Geara

:spontaneous: :spontaneous: :spontaneous: :spontaneous: :spontaneous:

Whoa! Reckon my cardiologist would mind seeing this movie with me and bring defibrilators and anything else that might be required to fix me when I see Gerry in that love seen... OMG, does he know what he does to us?

HA HA HA You guys are killing me!!! :headspin: :funnyface::lol::lol::lol: :crack1: :hehe::humina: :bump2: :smileydavid: :gerrylicious: :baby: :gerrygasm:

:finger: Fran