Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

WELCOME to the 9th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic!

A new year has dawned this week, and there are a lot of exciting things on the horizon for Gerry, and for us, his devoted fans. So let's just reflect on what is ahead (300, BOAW, PSILY, Priest, maybe even Burns) and what we hope that means for Gerry and the fulfillment of his dreams, and what it means for us as we get to see more and more of him on the big screen!

:whome2:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Alice...when Stef first posted these.... I was so ga ga over the Leo-Gorgo humpty dance, that I totally overlooked the other 2 images.

When I clicked on the above image... of Gerry/Leonidas with arrows protruding from his chest, I just about fell out of my chair... intense and almost frightening. To be THAT determined in your mission and passion for an ideal, that you keep going..... wow, I can't even imagine.

Gerry's eyes are full of fire... and his body looks rock hard.

I am IMPRESSED.

Swannie

Good Afternoon (and Happy New Year) GALS! :D

Things have been so busy around here that I need a vacation from my vaction before school starts again! :bonk:

Debbie - So sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. :comfort:

Erica - Congrats on a month of being smoke free! :claphands:

:hugs: to everyone who's not having such a good day.

:wave: to Irene, Zany, Swan, Susan, Pilar, Alice, raina, jenn, Anna, Mel, Mousie, Bella and all the GALS and PALS!

Have a great weekend!

jedisnoopy

Hello everyone, no, I haven't dropped off the end of the world. Just a quick hi to let you know I think of you all each day. My dear old dad now has pneumonia and it won't be long. He made his 90th birthday and Christmas in reasonable health to enjoy it.

If I'm away for a while, just know I'm here in my thoughts.

To all those delightful GALS who sent cards, your responses are on the way.

Love to you all

Cat - so sorry to hear that your dad is failing. But I'm glad you got to be with him for his birthday and the holidays.

:hugs: to you hon. You know we are always here for you. Losing a parent is tough no matter what their age. You have my prayers.

Jilly

Hello CAT & JEDISNOOPY! Cat, I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. :hug99: :hearts: Love ya, gal.

I'm feeling a little better about my dental woes after talking with Dr Pam, who assured me that under the circumstances, the implant is the best way to go... and that the sinus lift is not all that scary. Whew!

Speaking from someone who has two implants (teeth, people, TEETH!) I highly recommend. Even if it is a bit of a pain-in-the-arse process.

I watched Mel's "Take You On" video again tonight... and I saw those "firelight through diamonds" eyes.... just like I described them.

WOW.

:inlove: :hearts: I get all crushy whenever I watch it.

:wave: Hi everyone! Mine and Mousie's younger sister and her husband got into town last night, it's so great to see them!

Oh, Alison, yes, our twins brothers are on the very right and the very left of that pic. :music:

My never-ending academic battle continues... we'll see how much it costs me...mentally and fiscally...when it's finally over.

This picture is exactly how I feel about it...

Posted Image

My spear in hand, arrows protruding and everything...

~Mel

Guest greyeyegoddess

Yeah Alice...when Stef first posted these.... I was so ga ga over the Leo-Gorgo humpty dance, that I totally overlooked the other 2 images.

When I clicked on the above image... of Gerry/Leonidas with arrows protruding from his chest, I just about fell out of my chair... intense and almost frightening. To be THAT determined in your mission and passion for an ideal, that you keep going..... wow, I can't even imagine.

I am IMPRESSED.

Swannie

Yeah, the dreamy picture did take over, but just the full face of Gerry caught me more...gads, I don't know how well I'm going to take that scene.

Should there be a "movie first aid kit" put together for these...drool buckets, yellow towels, tissue...what else.

Mel, I like your metaphor.

CAT!!! HUGS!!!! I know how you feel about what's going on with your dad.

Howdy Jedisnoopy and Jilly! :wave:

~alice

:music:

Drive by from the Busy Bethy Beaver!

Attila MovieChat Tonight! 10:00pm EST!!

Posted Image

:mopboyattila: :heat:

This is the movie that turns me into a melting puddle of human goo.

Come and watch me freak out! :rotflmao:

:hugs: for everyone today!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cleo.gif

Bethy

...gads, I don't know how well I'm going to take that scene.

You and me both, Alice...you and me both.

~Mel

Same thing with me....didn't even notice the arrows until now...but I did also notice his fillings on his molars! ack! Out of period with that one, hope they computer-generate them out of there!'

"Leo-Gorgo humpty dance" :rotflmao:

Guest pilaraquarius

MEL!! I just wanted to tell you.."Take you On".....FOOKIN' INCREDIBLE! Some of the peeps will tell you....I LOST MY MIND for a few minutes! LOL.....AWESOME!

:goodjob2:

:wave:

MEL!! I just wanted to tell you.."Take you On".....FOOKIN' INCREDIBLE! Some of the peeps will tell you....I LOST MY MIND for a few minutes! LOL.....AWESOME!

:goodjob2:

:wave:

Thanks, Pilar! :hug99: Most of my videos are pure labors of love...but this one even more so...I'm sure you know what I mean. A big THANKS to those GALS who took such LOVELY pictures that I was able to use...and to STEF for always keepin' the GALS Gallery so packed-full of hi-res *drooooooool* pictures! Posted Image

Hey guys, thanks heaps for the support. It's only days now so I really appreciate it. He was a pain in the "you-know-what" as a Dad but he is my Dad so...... It's still hard. Feeling a bit low.

However, just re-ran your vid Mel, and it's certainly something to hold close and watch over again. Never know whether to look at those amazing eyes or just sit and want to nibble on that bottom lip. Your the GAL!!!! I downloaded the large size one and WOW!!!!

Okay, better go now, and thanks again your wonderful women!!!!

Hug boob squishy HUGs

Cat

Hello all

I'm feeling a bit down today, as I've mentioned, my dad has been gone one year today. I miss him a great deal, especially the sound of his voice.

I'd like to tell you a story if I may...

I know that he is always with me. I hardly ever tell anyone this, but I'd like to share it with you. He has come to me in several dreams, getting closer each time, until in the last one I was able to talk to him and hug him. He had some important messages for me.

And there is something else. My dad was in and out of the hospital for the last few years of his life. Every time (except the last) that he was in, he would at some point feel someone hit him on the shoulder or arm, yet no one would be there. He said he knew it was his guardian angel telling him he would be ok.

This past June I graduated with my master's in education. I so missed having him at the beautiful outdoor ceremony, he would have been so proud, yet I felt his presence. When we were seated, the seat to my right was empty for some reason. The last part of the ceremony was a song...and the chorus began...to everything, turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn, turn, turn. They got to the part..a time to live, a time to die.. At that moment I felt quite a hard hit on the front of my right arm, below the shoulder. I turned to see who had hit me, but there was no one within reach. I knew for sure that was my dad telling me that he was there for me on that important day. I cried through the rest because I was so happy he was there.

To anyone who is missing someone, just as you always hold that person in your heart, that person stands by you always.

love to all,

-Isabella

Edited by isabella_adores

That's a beautiful story Isabella. How comforting that must have been to feel his presence at such an important moment for you.

After I lost my dad a few years ago, I had some dreams as well where I got a chance to talk to him a bit more. I always woke up feeling very comforted. A bit sad but comforted at the same time. I always like to think that he's with me now.

:hugs: to all tonight.

Hello all

I'm feeling a bit down today, as I've mentioned, my dad has been gone one year today. I miss him a great deal, especially the sound of his voice.

I'd like to tell you a story if I may...

I know that he is always with me. I hardly ever tell anyone this, but I'd like to share it with you. He has come to me in several dreams, getting closer each time, until in the last one I was able to talk to him and hug him. He had some important messages for me.

And there is something else. My dad was in and out of the hospital for the last few years of his life. Every time (except the last) that he was in, he would at some point feel someone hit him on the shoulder or arm, yet no one would be there. He said he knew it was his guardian angel telling him he would be ok.

This past June I graduated with my master's in education. I so missed having him at the beautiful outdoor ceremony, he would have been so proud, yet I felt his presence. When we were seated, the seat to my right was empty for some reason. The last part of the ceremony was a song...and the chorus began...to everything, turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn, turn, turn. They got to the part..a time to live, a time to die.. At that moment I felt quite a hard hit on the front of my right arm, below the shoulder. I turned to see who had hit me, but there was no one within reach. I knew for sure that was my dad telling me that he was there for me on that important day. I cried through the rest because I was so happy he was there.

To anyone who is missing someone, just as you always hold that person in your heart, that person stands by you always.

love to all,

-Isabella

Isabella, your story is amazing! You know it was your Dad. I totally believe that our loved ones never really leave us. I hope you feel better Sweetie, you have to think that your Dad wanted you to know he was fine and will see you again. :hugsnkisses:

Cat, you too Hon, I know it's damn hard when we lose our loved ones, so we really have to give it our all when they are with us. I know sometimes my Mom rubs me the wrong way but then I think about how she's feeling and also that she probably won't be around a whole lot longer and then I feel like an arse for even getting mad at her. She's been quite ill so I guess we're all in the same boat. I hope you feel better... I hope we all do!

I stopped by earlier to say hi and tell you guys that I had a strange and crazy thing that's been happening to me so went to the Docs today to see if he thought I belonged in the Loony bin. I happy to say that he said I'm not crazy although not sure if it's good news or not either. Here's the thing.... for the past month or so I've been feeling funny, you can laugh if you want cause I have but I've been smelling a strange odor and kept thinking it was coming from my body! Yes I said my body. I am the only one that smells it. I ask everybody around me to smell me and they do and ask me if I'm crazy.I was beginning to think I was. I know you have to be giggling by now. Anyway, I also am getting dizzy and short of breath but the worst is MY HOT FLASHES ARE BACK...EEEEEEK! I know TMI but I have to tell it all to you. So the result is that for the next 24 hrs I have to Pee a lot, not wanting to go into too much detail but have to go to the hosp. for lots of different tests. Blood tests are done. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the Doc said that all of my symptoms were possibly caused by a benign tumor either in my thyroid or lung or upper stomach.

At first I was WHAAAAAT but he repeated the word benign. Whew! So the moral of the story is that I'm not crazy and I don't smell funny :lol: I probably have a tumor! Also, if that is the case ....it's treatable. I hope I didn't bore you guys with my story but really wanted to try an explain the best way I could this bazaar thing that's been going on in my life over the holidays. Now I know why I was soooo blue.

Annaway, ((hugs)) to you all that need them and those that don't. :kiss:

:pointy: Fran

Wow, we got to the 9th floor fast! I had a good day--paid off our car at last! Yippee! :clap: I wish this week wasn't ending so soon--now I have to go back to work next week. It's so true that it takes a week just to get used to being on vacation.

Fran - I'm sorry you got this news regarding your health, but it's good to know that you weren't crazy. Hopefully there is no tumor, but I'll keep you in my prayers. :hug:

Cat - I'm sorry your dad's health is deteriorating. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :comfort:

Isabella - what a great story about your father. Wonderful that you were comforted in some way when he went.

Hi to everyone, I hope you had a great movie chat. Sweet Attila dreams! :mopboyattila:

Hugs,

Irene

Edited by Lady Trueword

Hello Everyone,

Wow! You have all been so busy posting! I do miss calling in here to catch up with everyone but I keep running out of hours in the day, such a change from having too many and not able to utilise them.

Don't worry my Gerry-itis is still raging, but as all who know me will realise that although it would seem 'low key' and very 'English', it is non the less rampant!

Cat, so sorry to hear of your Dad's deteriation, it can be very difficult just to keep vigil, I pray you will find peace and comfort soon.

Isabella, darling, I pray the same for you and your family, peace and comfort, :hugs:

Fran,sweetness, hope all goes well for you in the furure, will keep you love in our prays to keep you safe.

Erica, dear one, it is Fantastic that you have kicked the weed into touch, Go Gal Go!

Mel,sweetie, that video is my new obsession, I must view it before I sleep, say no more, dreams Gal, dreams!

Bethy, beloved QB :inlove: I seem to remember talk of an earlier time for Movie night for us folk who live on the 'other side of the moon'. :cunning:

Lesley, honey, I noticed the fillings in Gerry's teeth, and I also noticed just how much treatment he has had on his teeth over the years, I kinda liked the little 'quirks' he had before. Hollywood Eh! Everyone has to succumb eventually.

Risa, my hunny bunny, hope the weekend has been 'good' for you, thinking of you.

Betty Ann, dear friend, I wish you comfort and peace.

Kristine get my new room ready in the Gutter, Please! :kiss:

Anyone who feels left out be assured it is only because 'the lights are getting dim in the upstair rooms.'

I am sitting amidst the christmas decorations, sad when the time comes to pack it all away, MacWilley takes such good care of my little treasures, one or two are so old and tatty but they hold such good memories of happy times. Just like my visits to this site, I hold Gerry and each and everyone here in my memory....and in my heart.

Anna x Posted Image

'If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you fall asleep,

I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the Lord, your soul to keep,

If I knew it would be the last time that I would see you walk out the door,

I would give you a hug and kiss and call you back for one more.

If I knew it would be the last time I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,

I would video tape each action and word, so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time, I could spare an extra minute or two to stop and say "I love you,"

Instead of assuming, you would KNOW I do.

If I knew it would be the last time I would be there to share your day,

Well, I'm sure you'll have so many more, so I can let just this one slip away.

For surely there's always tomorrow to make up for an oversight,

And, we always get a second chance to make everything right.

There will always be another day to say our "I love you's",

And certainly, there's chance to say our "Anything I can do's?"

But, just in case I might be wrong, and today is all I get,

I'd like to say how much I love you and I hope we never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old alike,

And today may be the last chance you get to hold your loved one tight..

So if you're waiting for tomorrow, why not do it today?

For if tomorrow never comes, you'll surely regret the day

That you didn't take that extra time for a smile, a hug, or a kiss

And, you were too busy to grant someone, what turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today, whisper in their ear,

Tell them how much you love them and that you'll always hold them dear,

Take time to say "I'm sorry," "please forgive me," "thank you" or "it's okay".

And if tomorrow never comes, you'll have no regrets about today'.

(Author Unknown)

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hi ya'll,

I wanted to chat last night, but instead I waited in the emergency room with my sister, who had been sick for a few weeks. We didn't get home until 3 am or so...prescribed vicoden and she's out right now.

Then I was ready to go out to a Gerry fan birthday party and the guest of honor is sick.

So, I still have to go run some errands for work, even on a Saturday.

Pilar, the pictures are divine.

Isabella, lots of hugs for you at this time.

Fran, good to hear that there is good news amidst others.

Hugs to you all!

~alice

:music: