Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Susan~Sporran

About haggis - I tried it in NYC and it was nasty - but the one in Glasgow wasn't that bad (to me). I didn't eat it all, but probably finished half of it and it really wasn't bad. So, on that, I recommend if you want to try haggis that you go to Scotland to do so!!!!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all, have you seen the fracas over at imdb about the wiki entry? I can't seem to find any mention of it here. Perhaps you are discussing it in the non-public threads, but I'd like to know of course if it's true!

Do you have link? What is "wiki?"

Helen

it is http://www.wikipedia.org/

which is basically an open-source cooperative encyclopedia that anyone can read, edit and add to (subject to the rules, which are pretty loose but work amazingly well)

an enormous amount of information, available in many languages

anyway - Gerry's bio - someone added the mother of all bombshells and then it was modified several times and now that info has been deleted (you aren't supposed to use wiki entries to discuss/have arguments about facts, you are supposed to source your material and leave it at that). This info wasn't sourced as far as I can tell. Can't find it on google generally and I also searched at The Scotsman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_Butler

The full discussion is over at imdb.

Hi Noelle....

It appears to be idle gossip... a lot of that has been going around in recent days. We are just observers, and until we have facts... these are only rumors.

Anyone can say anything on that site.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Hi Noelle....

It appears to be idle gossip... a lot of that has been going around in recent days. We are just observers, and until we have facts... these are only rumors.

Anyone can say anything on that site.

Good advice, Swannie. Noelle (et al.) I am a moderator of a fansite for a different actor, and he was recently a similar 'victim' of Wiki vandals. (They claimed he was marrying a costar from his last movie and that their love child was on the way...and it's totally untrue, of which we had proof...)

Personally, I avoid IMDb boards like the plague. Anyone can say anything and it's really just a big bad car accident over there! You can't help but keep reading because it usually is written to sound just credible enough that it COULD BE TRUE... I am not criticizing or poking fun at its devotees, BUT, it truly is one of the least reliable sources of information available. (That, along with Snarkfest, DataLounge, and many other sites.)

It's frustrating to adore such a private man as Gerry, but, really... isn't his integrity and desire to protect his loved ones and family something we all so admire about him? Ok, jumpin' down off soapbox...

Lady Fran, your family is gorgeous! (And because I am old and married may I say :hubba: in regards to your two fine sons. :p )

Lady Trueword... hadn't seen your siggie just lately and it's to die for glamorous, woman. Love it!

DebraSue and Attila Girl, how's it going girls? Lovely to see you both!

Anna...I hadn't met you previously but thanks for sharing that prayer and your stories about the snow. I live in South Florida and today is the first day since last year I am going to need to put my kiddo in an actual jacket since last year... BRRRRRRRR but no snow here, either!

JackiesBatGirl... Rachel... You sexy thang!! I feel like I know you already, chatting to your Aunt Marce everyday like I do. Welcome, welcome, welcome. Pull up a chair and a bucket to drool in and relax with the rest of us!!

Hmmm... I am forgetting people... But I also wanted to shout out to some of the single Gals and let you know that the grass is always greener, chickies... Shet, there are lots of days that I would tell you you can HAVE my husband because I could do better by myself. Cherish your freedom and next thing you know... some cute guy will show up and snatch it from ya (I was 31 when I got married...).

Shout outs to all who could use 'em on this Monday. I had a very busy weekend with my daughter's party (but I've already shared the best shots with y'all here). The mommies and I all had champagne though on Saturday night, and here's a snap of us having a grand time (that's my pal Susanne on the left, me, and Betsy on the right...), proving we may have toddlers but aren't dead yet (a real concern among our set!)

not dead yet!!

good morning!!!

kissy :kisswink:

Edited by kissyfit

Welcome Rachel, it's a wild ride here, but well worth it.

Hey Kissy- definitely not dead! which one are you, btw?

I have had very little exposure to the IMDb board and didn't like what I say. I just pretty much hang out here. I like the slumber party feel.

A Welcome to you too Noelle, I see you registered quite a while ago and are probably mostly a lurker, but hope to see ya post more!

Erica-did you have a good time?

Ahh my brain is on pause. Anyone have any advice on how to get rid of a lingering cough. My chest is still congested just enough to prevent serious laughing or deep breathes. Either cause a deep hacking cough. It is really starting to piss me off.

Can you all believe that January is almost over!?!?! I can't.

I am the one in the middle, the one with the complexion that makes me look like I've rendezvoued with Gerracula (only in my dreams, sadly!).

I have had very little exposure to the IMDb board and didn't like what I say. I just pretty much hang out here. I like the slumber party feel.

Slumber Party is an excellent analogy for Gals! Love it!!

(and I can't believe January is almost over either!!)

Welcome Rachel, it's a wild ride here, but well worth it.

A Welcome to you too Noelle, I see you registered quite a while ago and are probably mostly a lurker, but hope to see ya post more!

Erica-did you have a good time?

Ahh my brain is on pause. Anyone have any advice on how to get rid of a lingering cough. My chest is still congested just enough to prevent serious laughing or deep breathes. Either cause a deep hacking cough. It is really starting to piss me off.

Can you all believe that January is almost over!?!?! I can't.

Yes darling. I am a frequent sufferer of bronchitis and asthma.... brought on by a cold or allergies. Get yourself some Mucinex. It is an overthe counter drug that truly works. It's a bit spendy, but well worth the cost. Use as directed and it will help break up the secretions so that your cough is productive.

Something else, if that doesn't work... go back to the Doc, because these chest colds can cause asthmatic symptoms and need to be treated accordingly.

My first case of pneumonia/bronchitis was when I was only a few months old, and it nearly killed me, so I've had an upper respiratory weakness all my life.

Hope you kick it... cuz those things can knock you flat.

Kissy...you are a hottie!

Swannie

Can you believe it??? I am still a virgin to this forum ... Trying to find my way around here!

But it's funny to go through all those threads - you GALS r so darn adorable ...

I would just like to give my 2-cents to this ...

Gerry is one hell of an actor - not only the hottest scotsman I have ever seen (don't get me started on the scottish accent) but also a gifted actor (I have most of his movies on DVD).

There are a lot of really good actors out there as well, but Gerry is THE ULTIMATE ACTING POWER to me ...

I am looking forward to all of his movies and extremely happy to have found this site to talk about them!

Cheers, pia

Can you believe it??? I am still a virgin to this forum ... Trying to find my way around here!

But it's funny to go through all those threads - you GALS r so darn adorable ...

Welcome, pia!!! Chime in and away, lady! You're in great company here!!! I only delurked recently and everyone has been so lovely. Gals is as addiciting as Gerry!!

:claphands:

Welcome to you Pia... I am glad you are feeling comfortable here with us.

Well ladies, I have been up all night writing, and..... as most of you are just beginning your day... I am going to bed.

Perhaps I should check for neck bites.... :mopboydracula:

Nite peeps!

Swannie

Thanks Swan - I'll try the Mucinex.

Hey Pia- Welcome to the board. There is definitely a lot too it. Be careful it's addictive and certain GALS will always try to drag you into the gutter portion of the board. They really are quite persistant and deviant. Oh wait- that's me :angel2:

Welcome to you Pia... I am glad you are feeling comfortable here with us.

Well ladies, I have been up all night writing, and..... as most of you are just beginning your day... I am going to bed.

Perhaps I should check for neck bites.... :mopboydracula:

Nite peeps!

Swannie

Swannie, thank you, thank you, thank you! Keep writing. We are waiting impatiently to find out what happens next.

Take care of yourself, too.

Helen

Willkommen, Pia.

This is a most entertaining group of Gerry fans who will keep you informed of every aspect of Gerard Butler's life and career and other things. The photos they provide of him are spectacular.They are also extremely gifted in making videos, graphics, writing novels, poetry, etc. etc.

I don't do any of these things. I just read, admire, and enjoy being a Gerry addict.

Helen

Quick Monday good morning to you all! Welcome to all the newbies and virgins to the GALS!

:hello: Pia - make yourself comfy here!

Kissy - thanks! I also guessed that you were the radiant one in the middle. I got married when I was 30 also, so I know what you're saying. I wish I could join you and your friends! :lol:

Swannie - get your beauty sleep! hehehe

Monday hugs to all the busy people in here!

Irene :D

Welcome Pia!!

I've been around for a few years but only recently started posting! So don't be shy and have a good time! The Ladies here are great and very supportive. The pics of Gerry are awsome and some of the Gals are very artistic & creative--I love their work! Above all I think we admire & respect Gerry for his talent & are blessed that he shares it with us thru his many wonderful characters! I personally love The Phantom--an emotional roller-coaster ride! Who's your fav?

Luv Debrasue :gotgals0ll:

Good afternoon, all you lovelies!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday, well, as great as a Monday can be... :bleh2:

And, thanks to all who have shouted out to my dear, sweet niece Rachel (JackiesBatGirl), she's busy in college and I have no idea when she will get a chance to thank you all herself, so Thanks.

pia, girl! We have to soooo have a long discussion about QAF...oh, yeah!!!!

Have a good one everybody, and take care all!!

Marcie

Suz - congratulations on your new house, how exciting!

Jackiesbatgirl and Pia - :Welcome2: Make yourself at home! :wave:

Marcie - way to go, converting your niece!

We went camping this weekend and took the new dog LOL... he did really well for a first trip. Hope you all had a great weekend too! I can't even believe that it's been a year since I joined Gals!

:hugs:

Jenn

pia, girl! We have to soooo have a long discussion about QAF...oh, yeah!!!!

Marcie

Ey Marcie,

no doubt about having a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong discussion ...

I have to say I love love love your siggy - I am just watching Celebrity Poker with Sara Rue ... I like her so much more with a little more weight ... but I am happy for her that she lost so much - I hope she feels better now!!!

thanks anyways for the warm welcome,

cheers, pia

Pia- I noticed that you are from Vienna. I have to say that Vienna is my absolute favorite European city! I have been there twice (not for many many years now) and I just fell in love with it. You are so fortunate to live in a city so rich in culture and history.

Hi *cough, cough* everyone.

Unfortunately, I, too, have become a victim of the dreaded chest cold. Thank goodness I only have to go to school for three nights this week. My poor 2-year-old nephew has RSV. He was over here last night and ran around and around until, suddenly, he started coughing uncontrollably and was so miserable! The difference between adults and children is that adults (usually) know when to rest when they are sick. The Albuterol he was on hyped him up. Poor baby. :comfort:

Anyway, :Welcome2: newbies! I hope you all have a ball here!

Irene: is that you in your signature and avatar? If it is, all I have to say is... :wow2:

Suz: I'm so glad you have a new house. Enjoy it!

Well, I need to stick my face over a pot of boiling water or something! :sick: I hope everyone else feels good or better today.

Luv, Mousie