Gerard Butler GALS

Is Gerry married?

Xan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at Wikipedia and it says "single". Perhaps someone posted it and it was later removed?

edited to say: Merge Stef! LOL

Edited by hobbes3

I'm looking at wikipedia now and it says he's single. Remember - anyone can edit a wiki - do not rely on this for accurate information.

Thanks. I was not aware of that about Wikipedia. Learn something every day. When I looked it said they had married in December 2006. Someone must have changed it since.

When I checked it out earlier today, Gerry's marital status wasn't even mentioned. I think you're right, Swannie, someone is just fooling around.

I hate to say this but maybe someone jumped the gun before permission was given! I would think that if and when he does marry we'll know via his peeps don't ya think?? If so like I said before Congrats and what the Hell happened to my invitation?? :lol: :yippee:

:wave: Fran

I saw that Janie. Someone else mentioned the craziness, and a rumor and wiki and IMDb. I read some of the posts and as Stef said anyone can edit/add/remove stuff from wikipedia.

On IMDb I read the part were they decided to put in their own names and they thought that was just hilarious.

THEN SOMEONE EDITED WIKI TO SAY THAT HE HAD MARRIED LOLITA!!! IMDb posters

were just rolling over that one. Now I'm sorry, but this just seems like really rude, to say the least. They all thought it was the funniest thing ever! I just didn't think that posting false and possibly inflammatory information is funny. I'm sure the Lolita thing was a joke, how could it not be, but how can you think that is funny and then call yourself a fan.

To be fair I don't know if anyone at the IMDb board posted the Lolita marraige thing, but they sure all thought it was hilarious! And they make comments about our group , it sure does make me appreciate you all!

Edited to say: Maybe I over reacted. If others do find that funny, I mean no disrespect. I just didn't care for it and that is my own opinion.

Edited by DawnS

Guest pilaraquarius

Being the EXTREMELY private individual G is...maybe it's true...maybe not...if it is...I want to find out where they registered at so I can send a gift.

When I checked it out earlier today, Gerry's marital status wasn't even mentioned. I think you're right, Swannie, someone is just fooling around.

I hate to say this but maybe someone jumped the gun before permission was given! I would think that if and when he does marry we'll know via his peeps don't ya think?? If so like I said before Congrats and what the Hell happened to my invitation?? :lol: :yippee:

:wave: Fran

:push: Ok--someone enlighten me again---what the heck is a peep? Debrasue

peeps is an on-line slang term for the word "people".... easier to type out.

Well ladies, I think we have only just begun to see/hear rumor of this sort about OUR man. After 300.... the vultures will be circling.

So hang onto your thongs GALS.... we're in for one wild ride with the G-man!

Well ladies, I think we have only just begun to see/hear rumor of this sort about OUR man. After 300.... the vultures will be circling.

*glances nervously overhead*

AAAACKK!!

*runs wildly from vultures*

I'm NOT dead yet....!! I'm getting better! I-FEEL-HAPPY.....

(clearly, it is a late Monday afternoon, and this a-brrrrrock needs to go home)

~Mel

Boy, you said it Swannie! This is what I fear the most...seeing Gerry's name and face on the cover the 'rag mags' in my local supermarket. :tantrum: Once 300 hits and Gerry becomes 'known' by the masses, somebody somewhere is going to dig up whatever they can on him (real or not) and start plastering it all over those horrible magazines. :(

Unfortunately, such is the price of fame.

That's why he needs his fans to stick by him... and not over react about every little tidbit, rumor or razzi vids. We need to calmly consider each "press" situation as it arises... and sort out fact from fiction.

Gerry said it in his New Years Message: "I could do with your support.... and I'll support you as best I can."

Swannie

It's usually the insecure & imature who lash out & try to snuff out the brightest flame. But isn't that when you find out who your real friends are, the people who love & respect you? When your heart is in the right place you can't be snuffed out--your flame just gets brighter! I don't think we have anything to worry about.

:beo:

Yeah---I get sappy sometimes! Sorry! Debrasue

peeps is an on-line slang term for the word "people".... easier to type out.

It's not MY thong I'm wanting to hang onto, Swan. Oops. *races back to gutter*

*squeek* VULTURES?

*looks around in G Bag and pulls out Heavy Tazer Gun*

This will be an interesting time ahead to say the least. . .doesn't matter on the rumors or who you marry (lolol) your GALS arre here to support ye G! :kisswink:

Gosh, I hope by bringing this up I didn't cause a problem. I adore Gerry and didn't know that Wikipedia could be "edited" at will. I just saw the 'married in December' notice and naturally with the specultation that's been circulating recently with the new GG pics, etc. that there might be something to this. It read like a legit notice. Again, don't mean to be a rumor-monger. But as someone said, it is only going to get worse. :confused:

Gosh, I hope by bringing this up I didn't cause a problem. I adore Gerry and didn't know that Wikipedia could be "edited" at will. I just saw the 'married in December' notice and naturally with the specultation that's been circulating recently with the new GG pics, etc. that there might be something to this. It read like a legit notice. Again, don't mean to be a rumor-monger. But as someone said, it is only going to get worse. :confused:

Xan *BIG hug* you did nothing wrong! lol, if not you, some other GAL would most likely have picked it up and posted it just out of curiosity :)

Gosh, I hope by bringing this up I didn't cause a problem. I adore Gerry and didn't know that Wikipedia could be "edited" at will. :confused:

Xan *BIG hug* you did nothing wrong! lol, if not you, some other GAL would most likely have picked it up and posted it just out of curiosity :)

Xan... I don't think many people know that Wikipedia can be edited by just anyone; they usually 'learn the hard way' in just the manner you did. I moderate a website for a different star; Wikipedia claimed in December that he was marrying the mother of his soon to be born lovechild (and in reality he is neither about to marry or become a father; in fact, he doesn't even know the actress they linked him to!).

Sadly... Wikipeda, the IMDb boards, Snarkfest, DataLounge... none of them are in the least bit credible resources for information unless they are backed up with direct links to the real info. All of them host posts that can be contributed anonymously, and so they just can't be trusted. Oh sure... the posts at these places often sound credible, but they're generally designed to be so by troublemakers who love to stir the pot. Just go (actually, don't go!) to IMDb as the rumor mills churn... it's like a bad car accident!

Sorry to be on a soapbox, but like a lot of one time newbies to these sources, I got taken in, and would hate to see anyone else suffer the same fate...

kissy :kisswink:

Xan I didn't know that Wikipedia could be edited either. Don't wory about it I don't think there was any harm done.

Hugs

Erica

Xan - it was a legitimate question. You're not rumor mongoring. In all honesty if you see something somewhere and want to find out if it's true, then posting it here and asking for verification is the responsible thing. You know that these ladies will get to the bottom of it. And will only post things as FACT when they have been researched and corraborated as FACT. Until then they will be marked as what they are, be it speculation or a rumor. Those things are fun to talk about too, just as long as we know it isn't for sure, then no harm.

And we all learned about wikipedia today didn't we. So a good thing happened.