Gerard Butler GALS

Guest greyeyegoddess

Of course, I find myself in the minority.

I don't like hearing the f-bomb, I don't like the birdie, and I don't find either endearing. A lot of things that people have mentioned that are endearing to them, are annoying to me. Just because something is socially acceptable, doesn't mean I have to accept it.

So if we go by the things that annoy me, and other things I've personally experienced, then I have to say no, I wouldn't like the real Gerry or I'd be really annoyed with the real Gerry. But that is something I've always had a feeling about, and I've talked to many fans about my feelings. If G and I ever met in a different situation, we'd probably not be friends. I accept that.

I enjoy his movies, I like his acting, I've met him a few times, and will still be a fan of his work. Spoke to him and he was nothing but courteous and helpful, because I was a fan. I appreciate his work as he appreciates me as one of his fans, collectively.

~alice

:music:

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never noticed this thread before

Well anyway.I was sort of a late bloomer when it came to gerry ;)

I actually offically just noticed how talented, and hot he was when i saw PSILY.

Am only 20 (now i say this like its a bad thing lol) But i have never noticed him before.

I knew who gerard was so to speak, as i had seen him in our papers when the whole bond huha was going on.

Well anyway. :lol: When i saw PSILY i reconised him straight away.And am like OMG i cant believe how good an actor he is and the biggest PLUS he was scottish :dance::pointy:

After i came away from PSILY.I went straight home and i was on the laptop, and searched my little heart out to find stuff out about gerry.I also checked out his other movies to see if i reconised him from anything else.And suprised myself that i had never noticed him before.As i said i was young and naive lol.But i feel now i appreciate him more.

Later that night, i signed up for GALS :pointy:

I just think gerry is such a genuine guy, who cares he says the f word, its a scottish thing ;) and who else says it so nicley lol.

When i watch him in interviews i find my self laughing constantly he's so funny and also comes across very caring.

I know i will never ever get to meet him, well i can hope for that one day lol.

Other than that.I think its fantastic gerry is Scottish and just proves what talent we have.He's a breath of fresh air to us.And he's another actor we can be proud of.I have said to a few friends he's scottish you know.And there like really.And am like YES!!!!! LOL

He also makes me proud to be Scottish sometimes.As let's face it.For somethings our country doesn't have a great reputation, but gerry is one thing we can be proud of.

I think i have just gabbed on and probaly spoke nonsense lol

Christine, I always loved Scotland...in fact, I am an Anglophile in every sense of the word, and one day I intend to explore ALL of the United Kingdom. Even when I was a kid, I felt that the deepest part of my soul was Celtic.

As for Gerry, all I'll simply say is that life was totally enriched by "discovering" him, his talents, his beauty and his heart. I always felt that if we met in a certain context, we'd be great buddies. It's just an intuitive "kick" I feel whenever I read or listen to an interview with him. Of course, that could just be my own fantasy version of G (I think I discussed this feeling in another thread) but sometimes I am amazingly accurate about people that I've never met previously. So who knows?

(In regards to the "F" bomb, I must admit that I eloquently drop it into my conversations at times. It doesn't bother me, and I don't think that Gerry would do it excessively in the company of women -- any woman, not just a fan. Despite the "bad boy" persona, I think he also has impeccable manners and is very thoughtful. His mama really raised him right!)

EDIT: He'd have nary a problem with excessive "F bomb dropping" once he becomes intimately acquainted with you as a female, friend or lover. I'm QUITE certain that Tonya, for example, must have heard him mutter or yell "FOOK" about a million times over the years. *grin*

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Gerry is Gerry and I hope he never changes. I am sure he is the typical roguish male that cusses when he gets talking (and we know Gerry CAN talk. I dont know if people are just swearing more or not, but I hear cuss words everywhere and even if I dont use them frequently...I know that it's not unusual for men to use them and especially Scots....or Irish...or American...or?

Hmm, I never saw this thread before.

I love Gerry. But I don't know him. All I know is how he acts in front of a camera whether it's in a movie, behind the scenes, during an interview or when approached by the paparazzi..

BUT I like what I see and hear from him in one way. To me he's that bad boy that I know darn well I'd be attracted to both physically and emotionally. The bad thing is he's a Scorpio and I'm a Sagitarrius. Our personalities would clash like heck. I know, or I think that's what would happen. Hey, we could have a great time for a while - That's for sure!! Just not sure if we'd ever work in a relationship.

I discovere this thread today ... I love Gerry for his work since years. I love the character he played in Dear Frankie, and Marek in Time Line. It was enough to me to become a fan (at home, without a forum, where I was readind some posts, watching some pictures, but without involvement). Since PSILY, after the big 300, I was rassures he stay the same actor I loved before, and not only this one who shout "This is spartia". So I wanted to implicate me in the forum ; I read a lot of interview from him, and I listened a lot too, and I saw a smart person who is cool, who knows what he wants, what he expects from live and from acting. He's funny with a big humour sense, goofy with a big laugh, and he's gorgeous, which is important for me too.

If I could meet him one day, for 10 seconds I would ask him for a picture with him and an autographe. If I could meet him one day, for 10 minutes, I would ask him about his lectures, his favorite musics, his favorite places for a walk (to see if we have common points) and I would thank him for his carreer and all he shares with us in his films.

I'm married and my hubby is still in love with me since 19 years and I still love him too. What to ask to Heaven ? I find my home star ! So, Gerry is for the fantasy, and, if I met him, it would be for friendschip, and no else (except in my dreams).

This is for you gals!!

Yesterday I found two threads. This one and “Affirmation, Gushing & Love” and I just have to post this.

First of all: I apologize for my English.

I’ve been a fan of GB for a while. First time I noticed Gerry was in Timeline, (TV), after a while I saw Attila and I looked for more info/ works of Gerard. I saw TR2 and POTO and after that I began to look for websites, info, pics and, above all, interviews. I wanted to know the man behind the actor. And that was the moment I fell in love. :wuv: I cannot explain how much Gerard has meant to me since the moment I knew of him, at least not in English but, I’ve seen my feelings and thoughts in your posts. I feel you love and support the actor but most important, the human being –that is, non-perfect but real-.

But what I really wanted to tell you is that I can find many info through the web and different sites but I finally registered in this site BECAUSE OF YOU GALS!.

I felt so much positive vibes around here. I saw you are there behind each other, you support each other, you respect each other, you make us –newbies- feel welcomed. So I thought “what a great community to be part of!!”.

So I want to thank you for being there, for sharing your feelings, jokes, pics, thoughts, videos, interviews, experiences…… I have the feeling I will never feel alone, not any longer.

And I think I should thank Gerry for moving all of us in such a way that now we all are here for each other.

That is what I needed to say. I hope I got to explain myself. (Note: it took me 45 minutes to write this post in English. That’s why I don’t post so much. It’s too time consuming ;D).

Best wishes and hugs

Daian

Gerry is great just the way he is. He is a passionate man. All his emotions seem to be right there for all to see. I'm glad he doesn't seem to hold back. I'm sure that Gerry knows if he walks around Hollywood, he will have his picture taken but having so many people walk up & talk to him must get tiresome. For true fans, he seems to take time to chat. But for every true fan, there is one jerk who crosses the line. He is an excellent actor because he is so complex. He is just fine for me!

I never saw this thread either.

I have been a fan of Gerry's work for years but "him" not seriously until 300. I guess he left our shores when he had the better oportunity. He was always somebody who never looked the same in any film so it was easy to understand why it was a case of "Gerry who". He was never on any UK chat shows that I can recall so I never had the chance to see the "real" Gerry that I have come to know and love. If I had I am sure I'd have been pulled in completely long before I was. :kiss::wuv: and no doubt bankrupt from constantly being in the US attending his premieres, talk shows etc ha ha and meeting my GALS.

I'll admit when I first saw the phantom when it came out on DVD I was a fan but not a major one(damn you Hugh Jackman my attentions should have been on Gerry!!! :funnyup: ) and felt the production was so lavish and over the top that I did not appreciate Gerry's performance. I remember looking at it again after seeing 300 and some of his past interviews and it blew me away and I kick myself that I did not see it way back then. It was heartbreaking his performance. A woman could take up smoking after seeing POTO!!! :wuv:

I think I fell in "love" watching all the old Leno's and Ferguson shows and he has such an infectious personality that I can understand those of you who were lucky to see them at the time how you were drawn in hook line and sinker and have not been let free. It also hasn't hurt that he made himself so available to his fans especially in the earlier days. No I'm not jealous!!!!! :tantrum::funnyup: From all the things I have read and finally personally witnessed a few weeks ago he loves his fans and he would not do what he does for the conventions if he didn't want to - I think he is as proud of us as we are of him! :kiss:

I know he has said if we knew the real Gerry we would not like him - well on the face of things and how he handles himself in public and comes across in interviews if it was an act we would know by now and with what I know about him I like him just fine. As for looks when I have seen a male celeb in the flesh and I have seen alot of the best at the Globes I sometimes get a bit dissapointed that they were either not as good looking or maybe shorter than I expected but when I saw Gerry at Nim's a few weeks back even though it was not up close he was everything I thought he'd be and much more. I can honestly say I have never seen such a fine figure of a male specimen - perfect in every way.

And on the 6th day God created Gerry!!!!

Moira

Moira and Daian,

I just discovered this post as well. I totally agree with everything you two just said, because I feel the same way as you. You just said it a heck of a lot better than I could have. :rose:

:welcome1: Daian, glad you decided to come and join us! We have a lot of fun here! :wave:

:hugs:

GJewel

Edited by GerrysJewel

As the topic starter, let me just say, I have really enjoyed reading all your replies. Thanks you each for sharing your thoughts, and welcome to all our new members and friends.

Swannie

Of course, I find myself in the minority.

I don't like hearing the f-bomb, I don't like the birdie, and I don't find either endearing.

Alice, I'm in the minority with you then. I don't like these behaviors either, no matter who it is. So, I don't think profanity and rude gestures are cute even coming from Himself.

Do I want him to change? Believe it or not, I don't. He is what he is. One of the things that I love about him is that he is unconventional and appears to be true to himself. I don't want him to conform to my standards and I especially don't want him to conform to Hollywood's expectations.

I don't aspire to ever meet him, and even if I did, I'm married anyway, so in the end it doesn't matter what the real Gerry is like. I'm comfortable being his fan despite his rough edges, especially since he seems to have many other wonderful qualities. Plus, he's very talented and very nice to look at and that's all that necessary to watch a movie or ten or twelve. :)

Edited by annieday

And I think I should thank Gerry for moving all of us in such a way that now we all are here for each other.

That is what I needed to say. I hope I got to explain myself. (Note: it took me 45 minutes to write this post in English. That’s why I don’t post so much. It’s too time consuming ;D).

Best wishes and hugs

Daian

At first Daian, your English is pretty good (and better as mine). And .. I pass a lot of time too, to read and write in English. But I'm so agree with you about the community I find here ... and it's also the reason why I'm a GALS !

Welcome with us Daian !

And on the 6th day God created Gerry!!!!

Moira

:funnyup: Moira, it's so true ! I'm agree, Gerry is a real God's creation, and you're very lucky having see him in flesh. I hope to have this chance one day too.

Everyone has faults. The one thing I used to dislike was the smoking and the drinking, but he's quit those. I love the fact that he's so kind towards others...unless you're a stupid poparazzi who has no business invading his privacy anyway. He has a right to stand up for himself and show that they are unwanted. He just needs to work on how he expresses it...but hey, we're all human and lots of us have a bad temper at times...he just doesn't get the privacy we get during those moments.

To answer your question, yes, I would still accept him.

Edited by Ceit

I totally accept Gerry in all of his Gerryness! And I love that " no body's pushover" Glasgow street attitude! I make no apologies for him! He makes me happy,he makes me smile & I don't have to know him on a personal level to appreciate that! Give me an honest man with rough edges any day! I'll gladly cover his back! Just give me a reason!!!!!

Debrasue

Great blog! I am Jules and I am 43. I have always been fascinated with Hollywood and how much it has changed through the years. I, like Gerry was born in November so I can understand a bit of the alluring aura he holds. I have always been attracted to men with a bit of an edge, yet sensitive and romantic. There is something about the spirit that makes us Scorpio's constantly looking for adventure and the next great story. Romance is intense in the beginning, but tends to fade and it seems one is always looking for the next thrill. I hope Gerry can find something stable in his life wether it is through his family or friends. He comes across as having it all together, but sometimes it is a sign of insecurity. He is very handsome, has a killer smile and a bit raw at times. I see a lot in his smile though and his eyes. If you look into his eyes, you can see his soul. He has a good soul. I am sure he is going to get annoyed with the rumor mill of Hollywood. I can see him losing patience with the photographers in the near future because of the lack of privacy. If they date high profile people, they will remain in the public eye. Many though have managed to keep very private and I respect them tremendously. Look at Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks and other mega stars. They are some of the biggest box office draws and have remained very private. If Gerry wants to remain private, he can. It will mean staying away from the bars and hot spots and just staying focused on his career. I wish him the best. I like the Gerry you see in 'P.S I Love You' and 'Nim's Island'. That is the Gerry I would hope he is inside when he finds the right person. I don't care much for the cursing, but a lot of the actors from abroad tend to do it more. I just try to look past it and see the better qualities in him. As long as he remains respectful of his fans, he will have a truly flourishing career!

• 2 weeks later...

I am brand new to the forum and just now came across this thread while browsing and trying to find my way around...

I absolutely accept him for who he is! He is a very caring, kind, intelligent, gifted, funny, and complex man. As much as I love him, and I DO, he is also human and I think his *imperfections* make him that much more attractive and real. He doesn't just show us what he thinks we want to see...he shows us Gerry, in all his glory, the good, the bad, and even the frustrated and angry when someone crosses the line. I admire that in him...I don't just want to see nice Gerry, I want to see it ALL! It certainly doesn't make his wonderful qualities any less wonderful...

He can drop the F-bomb all day long, give someone the bird, be late for appointments, and even tell someone to back off if they get too froggy but, at the end of the day, he's still our Gerry that cares about his fans and would probably stop in the street to take a picture or sign an autograph, or even have a conversation if time allowed. He's still our wonderful Gerry!! Isn't that why we love him so!?!?!?

:whome2:

April

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Winter Angel

So my question to you fans is this: can you accept him as he is? Can you enjoy the rougher and more raw; cussing, abrupt and impatient Gerry... just as he is, without expecting or wanting him to change? Can you still remain a fan, as more of his imperfections and quirks are revealed... and can you stand beside him, if there are things about him you really don't like at all?

I think we need to be prepared, that as he becomes the target of the press, and as we learn more about him.... there will be unflattering moments captured and witnessed. There will be situations where his humanity and vulnerability are on display.

Will those things diminish him in your eyes? Does your opinion of Gerry as a person, directly influence your appreciation for him as an actor...or can you separate the "man" from his craft?

As for me.... I will admit, I have never "known" anyone quite like Gerry... and he has challenged many of my conceptions about what is acceptable, or even charming behavior. That said, I now know without reservation, that I can and do accept those rougher edges of his blustery, charming and irresistible personality. Plain and simple, I adore the man as he is, and would never want him to change or conform to mine or anyone else's standards.

This is the man I want to know and love. That is just it. He is just a man, not a hero or an angel even though we may see him as such. I don't care what may happen in the future, with what degrading and such from the media. No matter what, I adore this man. I have never been this way before and I never plan on changing my opinion.

I know I may never meet him but Gerry holds my heart. He is genuine. Not many people now days are like that. They wear masks that make you think one thing when it is truly another. I pray he never loses that. I cherish the fact that what you see with him is what you get.

You can tell he is insecure at times and searching for inner peace. I pray that he finds it. Not just find temporary peace but the peace that passes all understanding. Peace in the midst of trials and heartache. Peace in the midst of pain. Peace at all times deep within his soul. Peace that endures the test of time.

Granted, I am not pleased with the fact he uses the f-bomb and flips the bird but I don't mind. I accept him for who he is and this will be apart of him until he decides to stop using profanity. I forgive him each time he does that. He deserves it.

I truly love Gerry and I always will. Nothing can nor will change that. As long as I have breath, I will stand by this beautiful man and give him my support. If it means at times getting into fights with my friends about his character and other aspects of him then so be it. I had done that before and I will gladly do it again.

Okay, I know I sound obscessed with this man. But as I said before, I love Gerry and I always will. He is the only man who has ever held my heart and though we may never meet, I proudly give it to him.

Gerry, with all that I posess, I remain yours,

the Angel of your heart.

Edited by Winter Angel

He can drop the F-bomb all day long, give someone the bird, be late for appointments, and even tell someone to back off if they get too froggy but, at the end of the day, he's still our Gerry that cares about his fans and would probably stop in the street to take a picture or sign an autograph, or even have a conversation if time allowed. He's still our wonderful Gerry!! Isn't that why we love him so!?!?!?

:whome2:

April[/font][/size][/color]

Amen, Sweetie! When you love someone, you love them with all the bumps and bruises; the good, the bad and the ugly. I support and respect Gerry for EVERYTHING he has shown us he is.

From what glimpses i've seen of Gerry, he strikes me as essentially a decent man, with his family taking pride of place in his life. HE is obviously ambitious and works assiduously at his craft. I believe he wants to reach the top of the mountain in his field, which IMO is always a good attitude to have when you want to reap success. Yes, i sense that he is a little insecure and not totally at ease yet with the Hollywood game but i belive he possesses the self-confidence, the good natured outlook and a great sense of humour and fun which will see him through

Sure he is bawdy and prone to crudeness which i think he may need to reel in ocasionally (due to the very sensitive constitution of some individuals) but as the Bible says "In God's eyes no man living is justified" (psalms 143) i.e none is without imperfections. So i wouldn't worry too much about what the real Gerry is like and whether or not i can accept him. I really dont feel as if that's my call.

Gerry's imperfections are between him and his God, to sort out. We need to accept others as they are, as we accept ourselves ( there may be a problem however, if we cannot truly recognize and accept our own flaws). I accept Gerry as he is!

Gerry's imperfections are between him and his God, to sort out. We need to accept others as they are, as we accept ourselves ( there may be a problem however, if we cannot truly recognize and accept our own flaws). I accept Gerry as he is!

Kudos to this Topic. I was way to tired to focus on what I really want to say after reading all of the replies here the first time I saw this thread. Swannie thanks so much for posting this wonderful thread, will be back to edit and give my reply after some sweet Gerry dreams. :wuv:

I have spent the better part of the past week watching Gerry Movies, interviews, looking at pictures and reading interviews and have to say what I think I love the most is that he has never forgotten who he really is and where he came from, that to me is the most endearing quality anyone in this industry can have. He seems so down to earth and has an inner peace with himself that I just admire. As he mentions in one of his interviews " Everything I am good & bad, is what makes me", and that just how I accept Gerry. :wuv:

Edited by bamms

Again, I apologize late for joining in on the conversation, but I have to say that this thread utterly fascinates me. Gerry seems like a true dichotomy of sorts, and I believe that is why he is so attractive to the "opposite sex". Good for him for being the true man he is and not feeling he has to shape his thoughts, feeling, and personality to the standard Hollywood stereotype, or even that of one of his characters, that everyone would expect.

Frankly, he is no different than any of us EXCEPT he has a very high-profile career (of his choosing!) that puts him in situations where admiration and sometimes unreal expectations are put on him. I enjoy the idea that he is this crazy, fun, outgoing man on the outside, but yet someone who holds his passions and desires to himself (I would bet ANYTHING he is an amazing cuddler, and downright fantastic..well...um...lover...). Good for him for cussing like a sailor and coming off like a tough guy (ALL HAIL THE RUSSELL CROWE'S OF THE WORLD! HA!). He is also a highly-educated professional who is brilliant at his chosen career, which takes focus, dedication, and a huge amount of humility to pull off.

I'm SO happy to have found a group of individuals who see beyond the Hollywood actor to understanding that there is more to this beautiful man than just what we see on film...

And....

He has nice feet.

I think from what we know or think we know of Gerry, we would all gladly accept him.

Even if it was not to fulfill our fantasies, but just to be a friend. I think he'd be a respectful, funny and interesting friend.

I'm not saying I'm not attracted to him physically, because, well that would be just a lie, but I am saying that I find him amusing and charming and wouldn't mind sharing a pizza and a few beer with him just to shoot the shite. I think he'd be a blast to hang out with.

Cheers to that!!! HA!!! Sometimes the physicality doesn't matter...of course, I'm sure all of us girls have been in the situation where you meet a great looking man, but the minute he opens his mouth...well...in one circumstance, I made a bee-line to get away from him! UGH! Anyway, its nice to know that someone as attractive as Gerry has quite a bit of depth to him and that he is not afraid to be who he is..

And yes...his feet...hee hee... :wuv:

I guess I don't spend much time wondering about the "real Gerry" these days.

I know that even every single interview, fan encounter, and photo taken together doesn't begin to add up to the whole person that only family and friends would know. All of those collectively shows us a glimpse of who he is...fragments and facets, but not the whole of him.

Certainly, I like those fragments and facets we do see, those aspects of himself that he chooses to reveal in a public way to fans. But I can't really say I know him from that.

I accord him the same respect that I give any fellow human being...a basic level of respect that changes only if the person in question does something to increase or lessen it.