• 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56 - 60
    • 61 - 65
    • 66 - 69
    • 70 & up

You're only as old as you feel. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!

Well, I am 66 and damn proud of it . . . and I am a great-grandmother to boot! The women in my family became grandmothers at an early age (I was a grandmother at age 39). Some days I feel 66 and others I feel like a teenager. Admiring Gerry accounts for the teenage days . . . what's the harm? My family roll their eyes and say I'm obsessed. I say "don't knock it if you ain't tried it".

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the past couple of years, I've actually been pretty proud of my age, 43. I wasn't always able to say that I felt that way, but the turning point for me was taking a Tae Kwon Do test with my daughter for my next belt level. When the kids test, they have to introduce themselves and state their age. Our instructor said we (any adults testing) didn't need to but I very loudly stated my age. The onlookers giggled a bit, but it also dawned on me at that moment that every single one of them that was giggling was younger than me. Why weren't THEY out on the floor? :confused: Since then, I've been cool with my age.

And since falling for Gerry, I feel like I'm a teenager so it's all good anyways!!

Jill, I had no idea you took Tae Kwon Do! What belt are you, if you don't mind my asking. My kids just started a few months ago, and got their yellow belt about 2 weeks ago.

Good for you, gal!!

:lol: I got up to Senior Green Belt. I've since taken a hiatus because of family life making it feel more like work than play but I think I may go back within the next couple of months. I miss it. And I think after days like today, I need to go kick something and not get in trouble for it. *insert eye roll* *coughteenagerscough*

Congrats to your kids. My 17 year old daughter is close to getting her black belt. I love the self confidence it brings to her. We loved taking it together.

This thread continues to amaze me with all the ages represented, the different walks we've taken in life and where we are in each of our journeys. And yet there is something about this man Gerard Butler that intrigues us all and makes the world a bit brighter. :woo: :woo: for Gerry! :inlove:

I'm 46 but I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!! :pointy: I'm very young at heart and don't ever intend to grow old gracefully. I'm going kicking and screaming and hopefully with a scott, I mean scotch!

Lets just say I'm too old to love but not too old to lust!!! :heat: Betts said it all...there may be snow on the mountain but there's fire in the furnace! :funnyabove: :cunning:

:funnyface: Fran

• 5 weeks later...

This poll shows me that Gerry appeals to women of all ages. How many actors can say that? When I saw Beowulf in Denver I was amazed at the wide spread of women's ages in the theater. That was my first clue that Gerry is special. I know he has brought out feelings in me I didn't know I had. I've been married a long time to my high school sweetheart and never thought I would be turned on by another guy. One never knows, even if it is just a fantasy.

I'm 33. It's surprising how widely spread the ages are isn't it? There really isn't one age group that is obviously much larger than the others. I would have thought there would be more ladies my age, but it looks like the 40-45 age range is the biggest in this poll. That makes sense actually, I'm good online friends with many Gerry fans and most of them are in their 40's.

I just turned 29 a couple of months ago. I kinda want to just stick at this age, LOL. When people ask me how old I am I automatically want to say 21, and then remember that I am 8 years past that. For some reason my brain stayed at 21.

I think it is great that Gerry's appeal is ageless. :inlove:

Gerry's gals are so diverse in age, yet we all act the same age when it comes to being crazy about him. It makes me feel like a teenager again when I get on with some topic that really interests me and get the great feedback from his other fans. I tell you I never feel my age and I probably run rings around the other Grannys in my little town, but I have a great Tonic.....Vitamin GB...

I'm 30...Does anyone else find this age to be an intensely transitory time in ones life?

I'm thirty-three...and I do feel like the past few years have been a period of change for me. Mostly due to external events that have affected me internally.

I'm 30...Does anyone else find this age to be an intensely transitory time in ones life?

I'm thirty-three...and I do feel like the past few years have been a period of change for me. Mostly due to external events that have affected me internally.

I can completely agree with the external events affecting you internally. But, also I find it interesting that I'm feeling like I really need to be a "Grown Up" now, whereas before I never really thought about it. It's strange to think that this is the time in my life where I need to concentrate on really establishing myself.

I can completely agree with the external events affecting you internally. But, also I find it interesting that I'm feeling like I really need to be a "Grown Up" now, whereas before I never really thought about it. It's strange to think that this is the time in my life where I need to concentrate on really establishing myself.

I made 30, 9 months ago, and felt the importance of change as I did when I made 18, but the difference was... less excitement... much less..., and a sense of doom approximating... I mean, time now passes at an alarming rate... The days are shorter, less time for myself, more responsibility every day... simply awful :bonk:

I made 30, 9 months ago, and felt the importance of change as I did when I made 18, but the difference was... less excitement... much less..., and a sense of doom approximating... I mean, time now passes at an alarming rate... The days are shorter, less time for myself, more responsibility every day... simply awful :bonk:

Ahhh, CQ!

I see we are on the same page yet again today! Thanks for adding me as a friend, by the way. You have perfectly articulated how I have been feeling since right before my 30th birthday. Of course there were also some extreme circumstances that made it feel like an avalanche of doom falling on my head 24/7.

However, I have decided to take control of that feeling and turn that sense of impending and constant doom into my new determination to make my life exactly the way I want it; to become the woman I've always wanted to be; to FINALLY conquer my fears and be a leader in my life, rather than a victim of circumstance. I'm beginning to feel better now. Like the doom won't overtake me anymore.

I don't know how I arrived at 44 so quickly. A few years ago I was 30... Anyway I feel young at heart, full of bounce and always ready for a laugh - sometimes my children tell me to act my age! :pointy::p

Olá :wave:

yep! you also agree with me... time perception when you're 30 changes... There's so must happening in life that before you know its your birthday again!

Hugs

CQ

Age is definitely becoming relative! Better medicine & better knowledge of caring for your body helps! I'm 50 but don't feel that old. I'm newly divorcing with three older sons. I still hope that I could be attractive to someone like Gerry! I think he needs an older & wiser woman who would understand his demanding schedule. Younger women are still looking for marriage & children, neither of which he has time for. Hope still lives!

I am 44 and I have come to the conclusion that like a fine wine, I get better with age. I am at the stage of my life that external trappings don't bother me anymore, I find beauty in the soul of a person rather then the outside packaging. Remember the old saying, beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes straight to the bone. :D:rotflmao: