Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #12

I am so hooked on Mile High! In fact, I have episodes 5,6,7 here and we're going to watch them tomorrow. I've already seen them, but Paul's hooked too and wants to watch them before I send them back. FYI Paulette - don't watch it with kids around! There's a fair amount of nudity, sex, and drugs.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow has it been quiet. Everyone must be enjoying the weather today.

I ran a few errands and than lost any energy to finish cleaning. I swear I think that happens everytime.

I'll be lurking around. I know Desperate Housewives starts soon if it isn't a repeat.

Hello? *echo....echo....echo.....* :D Hi everyone and hope you all had a great weekend! :wave: Does anyone else feel they are experiencing a little Gerry withdrawal? The man has dropped off the radar that's for sure. :whome2: Oh well, back to the dvd's for me. :yummy:

Edited by stacie-in-nebraska

Good Morning Ladies....

I wasn't on all day yesterday because we spent the day at Great America! :woo: My daughter danced in the Great America DanceFest they hold every year at this time. They did a great job concidering their music did not work! For some reason the CD player at GA would not play their CD! :confused: So they just played some music and the kids had to dance to it. The 2 younger groups were alittle confused but did ok and the older girls (my daughter's group) did fine. I was just happy the weather was as nice as it was! The kids had a great time! :D

Then last night my husband came down with the flu! The nasty kind! :sick: And we just got everyone well (both my kids are fine!) The poor guy is really sick but had to go to work because he had business. His parents are out of town so there is no one to cover for him. This is one of the things that really sucks about having your own business. :( I just pray the rest of the family doesn't come down with this flu! Yuck!

Trixie...hope you are feeling better! :wave:

Marrisa...love the siggy! I didn't know Tom sported a yellow towel too! :cunning:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a serious note....

For those of us who come from the GB.Net board know Melanie G. She has attended a few of our gatherings and is a wonderful person. Right now, she and her family are going through a very rough time and I would like to ask all of you to say a prayer for them. You may have seen the story of a missing Mom from Plainfield, IL by the name of Lisa Stebic...she is Melanie's Cousin in Law! I have been following her story and hoping for the best. I saw Melanie on Channel 9 News this morning and they are still looking for Lisa. Here is the link to Melanie's post with the websites she has created. Let's all pray that Lisa is found safe and soon. :comfort:

Looking for Lisa

Edited by Scorpio613

Good Morning Ladies

Just popping in from work here.

Stacie - I had read on another thread that Gerry was at a Ranger's game in NY yesterday. I guess they had put up a clip from 300 on the screen, then showed Gerry sitting in the crowd. LOL

Pat - I'm so sorry your hubby is sick now. Poor guy - I hope he starts to feel better soon. I'm glad that your kids feel fine and that they had a good time at GA! Yesterday I read the prayer thread about Lisa. How sad is that? My prayers are with her that's for sure.

Anyways, just lurking for a bit. Then, I have to go to River Forest with Lynn. She's planning her hubby's surprise 40th birthday party, but everything has to be in my name because he'll find out otherwise. So, we're going to the forest preserve headquarters to take care of some special permit stuff. Paul's on vacation all week so I may actually have more free time! Yay!

Good morning ladies.

Trix - I tried to get on the Tom site twice yesterday and it would not allow me to do anything or even log in. Am I set up to do my duty? I thought I was bumped I felt abandoned. *sigh* In addition, I think I may have recruited two others to join on with us. I gave them the link and they said they were going to join so we shall see. BTW, I knew you would become addicted to Mile High once you saw it. It's quite addicting. Let me know if you need the 2nd series to borrow.

Pat - You were in my part of town this weekend. Oh shoot! I have season passes to great America as well. Oh pooh. Well, I'll see ya in a month so I guess it's okay. I forgive ya.

I will read through the rest of the posts during lunch. I'm so behind as usual. Don't hate me... :stars:

Cassie

Edited by Cassie

Really Cassie?? That's very bizarre! You are set up and I don't think anyone else had problems. I'm wondering if it could have been your browser? Hmmm, let me know if that continues.

Cassie - I just sent you an email. :)

Where did you send the email? I'm at work so send it here: cassandra.boroski@abbott.com

Thanks dahlink!

Cassie

Pat - You were in my part of town this weekend. Oh shoot! I have season passes to great America as well. Oh pooh. Well, I'll see ya in a month so I guess it's okay. I forgive ya.

Cassie

Cassie...Too bad we didn't get together! We might be up to GA later this summer because my kids have free passes from a reading thing they got at school. Maybe we can plan something then! :D I see you work at Abbott Labs. A long time ago I dated someone who worked there. Nice guy but he wanted to get married after the second or third date...Yikes!!! :scared: This was me... :escape:

:lol:

Edited by Scorpio613

Hello ladies, I'm watching dancing with the stars right now.

So as ya'll know I have been thinking about starting a website for doing my videos and I got the idea yesterday to expand it to also include favors for wedding, baby showers, bridal showers and so on. I am still pricing everything. I'll let ya'll know how it is coming. along. I am pretty excited about this.

I'll be lurking around

I'm lurking around, too. I wasn't up to going to Zumba tonight, just didn't have it in me. After Lynn and I ran our errands today I got home around 3:30. I didn't want to go to work for just an hour....so I caught one last show of "300". Pitiful, I know. It was showing over here in Addison and Paul was out with the kids. I figured, why not?? I'll tell ya though, it just wasn't the same without having someone with me to swoon with! So, I swooned alone! I got my jollies anyway, though!

Plus, I wanted to save my energy because tomorrow is my last dance class before the recital and I HAVE to be there. Then next week is our dress rehersal, then recital on May 19 & 20. It's just flying by so fast!

Anyways, I'm lurking about!

Pat - Those vids were cute! I loved Raul!

Hi all.

I hope you all have been enjoying the gorgeous weather.

Trix I am sorry that you couldn't go to SF. I saw that someone suggested that you buy some liquid hand sanitizer to keep on your desk so whenever you shake hands with someone you can rub some on your hands. I carry some around in my purse all the time and I take some with me on the plane when I travel.

Did you all see the pictures of Gerry at the Ranger's game?? I am glad he is relaxing and able to be himself.

I was wondering if you all could send some prayers my doggie's way. She is going under the knife on Friday to have a lump removed from her underside. The vet told me he would pretty much be able to tell if it was a fatty tumor. If it isn't he is going to send it off to have it tested. I am hoping that it is nothing.

At least I will be able to work and I can keep my mind on that instead of worrying about her all day.

Kelly...big hugs and positive thoughts coming your way for you and your pooch! :hug99: I know how you feel. Those big or little furballs are just like our kids and we worry about them just as much. I will say a prayer that everything is fine and your doggie will be back catching frisbees in no time! ;) Edited by Scorpio613

Kelly - Cheyenne is in my prayers. Like Pat said, dogs are as much a part of the family as anyone else. They're just more fuzzy. I'm hoping it is just fatty tissue; our cocker spaniel had that often. Let us know how everything goes!

Not much else to report from here. I'm working full time days this week since Paul is on vacation. Today was my last dance class at the studio before our performance next week. Paul and the kids came by to watch us dance, but Aj liked it so much they stayed the whole time! He kept saying, "Again!" By the end of class we were wiped out!

Anyways, going to get ready for bed! Talk to y'all later!

Good Morning Ladies!

Is everyone enjoying the awesome weather we're having? Unfortunately I'm stuck working in the office, but it's a nice change of pace. Paul's on vacation so he's been doing his "adventures" with the kids. I think they're going to try and hit the zoo today (if it doesn't rain). I wish I could go, too!

So Lynn was telling me about her samba show that she did this weekend. They were hired to perform at "The Color Purple" opening after party. I guess she performed for Oprah, Bernie Mac, and all these celebs. Granted, I'm not a fan of Oprah, but I think it's pretty cool! Her costume consists of a Victoria's Secret bra and panties and a big, feather headress (she looks like a Vegas showgirl). Granted, they decorate the bra and panties with rhinestones and fringe, but still... LOL You wouldn't catch me dead in that with my big booty!

Anyways, I'm lurking all day here from work!

Her costume consists of a Victoria's Secret bra and panties and a big, feather headress (she looks like a Vegas showgirl). Granted, they decorate the bra and panties with rhinestones and fringe, but still... LOL You wouldn't catch me dead in that with my big booty!

Trixie...I'm disappointed...I thought you were going to wear that exact costume when you and Paul dance at the GALS convention in June??? :cunning:

:funnyabove:

Edited by Scorpio613

LMAO!! Keep dreamin'!! I'd love to wear it, but I certainly don't want to frighten the guests!

First of all, my prayers go out to Lisa and her family. I sincerely hope that she is found safe and sound. I couldn't begin to imagine the worry and stress the family is going through. My thoughts are with them all.

Second, I hope all went well with Cheyenne and that it is nothing serious that the vet finds. I have grown up with at least one dog in the house all of my life. Living in this apartment I'm in now is the first time I can think of that I didn't have a dog in my home. Sad though I am, it is too small of an apartment and wouldn't be fair to a dog to make it live here. Plus the landlord wants a $350 deposit, which my meger income cannot afford. Anyways, I'm rambling. I know dogs are as much a part of the family as anyone else and I'm sure it will be no time before Cheyenne is back with you and doing great!

Trixie, I definitely think you should wear that Victoria's Secret outfit for the convention. Just make sure to take pictures. Besides, Gerry might be there and I bet he'd like that kinda outfit. :ohbaby2:

I'm off to do some house cleaning. Talk with everyone later and hi to everyone I missed!

Hello everyone. Sorry I was MIA last night. I haven't decided if I got hit with allergies or a cold. I feel find I just can't breathe and I keep sneezing which makes me wonder if it is allergies.

I have to go to Indiana Saturday morning for my sales meeting. I just found out from my manager that I was #10 for sales in April. I seem to be hitting every other month. I need to get in gear so I can do it every month. LOL

Kelly let us know how things went for you little one. I am such a huge dog fan. If I could have one here I probably would.

I'll be lurking around tonight

Hey Terra! I hope all is well by you. How is Bridget doing? I'm sure you have been busy "just being there".

Things are good here, just chillin' out with the family tonight!

Howdy girls,

It was another beautiful day.

Has anyone heard anymore on Melanie's cousin?? I haven't been able to catch any news in the last couple of days. I SO hope and pray everything turns out good for her and her husband. I can not begin to imagine what they must be feeling.

Miklyn good luck at your sales meeting.

I would like to Thank all who are sending good vibes and prayers Cheyenne's way. She has become such a strong part of my family. She is my confidant when I need someone to talk too and my companion when no one else wants to walk with me.

I did something today I thought I would never do. I signed up for a college course. It is Microsoft office. It starts at the end of August and goes until December and the great thing is, it is only 5 minutes from my home.

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and today while my son was at the GC Workforce I took the initiative and signed up.