Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #12

I tell ya, if I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all!!! :needhug:

I was playing catch with my son today and ended up taking a baseball off the side of my nose! :stars: Now my nose is swollen on one side! I heard a crack too when it hit, so I hope it is not broken. :confused: Even if it is, there is nothing I can do about it anyway, but it does hurt.

So how was your day? :p

Edited by Scorpio613

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat - When it rains, it pours! Look at it this way, at least it didn't happen right before Vegas!

Just been getting some stuff done before our trip Saturday. Paul and I are headed to San Fransisco for my childhood friend's wedding. And God help Micki, she's watching my maniacs!

I tell ya, if I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all!!! :needhug:

I was playing catch with my son today and ended up taking a baseball off the side of my nose! :stars: Now my nose is swollen on one side! I heard a crack too when it hit, so I hope it is not broken. :confused: Even if it is, there is nothing I can do about it anyway, but it does hurt.

So how was your day? :p

OMG, Pat, that's horrible! :stars: I really hope it's not broken. I thought I was the only one that injuried myself. I swear I get hurt at least once a day at work. It wasn't as bad as what happened to you but I managed to cut myself at work the other day when I was chopping onions. The only thing that saved it from being something serious was the fact that our knives all suck and are seriously dull. Otherwise it would have been a bad cut. I cut right across the top of my hand. But like I said nothing serious. Look at me just rambling on. :bonk: Seriously, I am so sorry that happened. Make sure you ice it often. Makes my nose hurt for you just thinking about it. Ouch!

Hey Trixie remind me what time I need to be there?

I had to run a package over to my hostess from Sunday so I just got back home

Pat - When it rains, it pours! Look at it this way, at least it didn't happen right before Vegas!

Just been getting some stuff done before our trip Saturday. Paul and I are headed to San Fransisco for my childhood friend's wedding. And God help Micki, she's watching my maniacs!

Trixie...I was thinking the same thing too! I iced it right away after it happened so hopefully it won't swell up much more. I am just curious what it is going to look like in the morning. I have to do some visiting work for my husband tomorrow, so I am hoping it will not be bruised or swollen more. :confused:

I LOVE San Francisco! :inlove: I was there on a business trip but stayed a few extra days to vacation. My husband flew out and met me there. We had a great time! I want to go back and take the kids. They would love Fisherman's Wharf. Hey, bring back some Dungeness Crab!!! j/k :D Have a fun and safe trip!

Miklyn...you will do fine with Trixie's kids! Kids always behave better for other people than they do their parents! I know that first hand! :p

Stacie...thanks for the Gerry Hugs!!! If I got those for real everytime I hurt myself, I would become very accident prone, very quickly! :lol:

Edited by Scorpio613

Stacie...thanks for the Gerry Hugs!!! If I got those for real everytime I hurt myself, I would become very accident prone very quickly! :lol:[/b]

You and me both, Pat. You and me both. This would be me every day -----> :bonk:

OUCH!!!!!! PatK .....my nose hurts just thinking about it!!!

Did you do a MARCIA BRADY when you got hit????

OOOOOOOOO...MY NOSE!!!!!!

OH Trix....San Francisco!!!! I would love to go there someday.

OUCH!!!!!! PatK .....my nose hurts just thinking about it!!!

Did you do a MARCIA BRADY when you got hit????

OOOOOOOOO...MY NOSE!!!!!!

I didn't even think of that!!! :rotflmao:

Too Funny!!! :rotflmao:

Edited by Scorpio613

Hey Trix.....I can just see you trying to carry the Dungeness Crab home with you in your suitcase. :rotflmao:

Miklyn you will do wonderfully with the kids. Like PatK said kids always behave better for other.

Thanks Pat! BTW - he DOES f*** like a man.....I'll email you an artile T found that just about knocked my socks off. It was his girlfriend that was interviewed back in 1999, it was her first interview and she got suckered into spilling about their sex life. OMG! Kitchen tables and all! The little freak!

Ummmm, yeaaaaahh.....

Can I get a copy of that article, please? Thanks. :cunning: I just joined the Tom site. Verra nice!!! (You'll NEVER guess what my username is! LOL!)

And thank for the condolences for the Cards pitcher. What's really weird is, a friend of our family was hanging out at a bar down by the stadium on Friday night. In comes Mr. Hancock with a few friends and OUR friend (my sister's husband's nephew, actually) meets him and goes on & on about how "no one's gonna believe this", etc. Mr. Hancock took several pictures with our friend, asked him to sit down with himself & his friends and have a few drinks. Our friend basically hung out with Mr. Hancock and his friends all night for like 5 or 6 hours, just drinking and getting to know each other. They even exchanged cell phone numbers at the end of the night, to hang out again sometime. The next thing we know, he's dead. Our friend was obviously very upset. Just goes to show you how you just never know how much time you have left.

Can I get a copy of that article, please? Thanks. :cunning: I just joined the Tom site. Verra nice!!! (You'll NEVER guess what my username is! LOL!)

And thank for the condolences for the Cards pitcher. What's really weird is, a friend of our family was hanging out at a bar down by the stadium on Friday night. In comes Mr. Hancock with a few friends and OUR friend (my sister's husband's nephew, actually) meets him and goes on & on about how "no one's gonna believe this", etc. Mr. Hancock took several pictures with our friend, asked him to sit down with himself & his friends and have a few drinks. Our friend basically hung out with Mr. Hancock and his friends all night for like 5 or 6 hours, just drinking and getting to know each other. They even exchanged cell phone numbers at the end of the night, to hang out again sometime. The next thing we know, he's dead. Our friend was obviously very upset. Just goes to show you how you just never know how much time you have left.

Marissa...wow, how freaky! That had to really freak your friend out. :scared:

Btw...I saw your username on the TW site! Very appropriate! :lol:

Edited by Scorpio613

Marissa - I never guessed that was you! ;) Glad to see you over there and loved your Tom story (our first!). That is also weird about Mr. Hancock and your friend. Also very sad. At least they will always have those memories.

Pat and Kelly - I've never been to SF before. I just wish we were going to be there long enough to explore the place. But, you know how I travel.....our plane gets in at noon, wedding's at 3:00, and we're probably catching the 6:30am flight home the next morning. Aye aye aye.

Good Morning All...

Just a quick update on my nose...it is much better! :woo: I don't think it is broken, just badly bruised because it still hurts to the touch. Thankfully, the swelling has gone down. I don't look like I was in a boxing match! :D

Trixie...Ugh, those quick flights in and out are such a pain! I did that with some friends years ago, we hit 3 midwest cities in 3 days. It was fun then but not sure I would enjoy it now with all the security you have to go through. :( Hopefully while you are there you can get to see some of SF. See Fisherman's Wharf, ride on a cable car and drive down Lombard Street (the world's curviest street) are probably some things you can do in one day! Have fun and be safe! ;)

My daughter is better but now my son is not feeling good. :sick: Last night and this morning he said he had a headache and a scratchy throat. He went to school today but I am worried he is coming down with Strep like his sister. If he does, he is going to be so upset because he will not be able to go to Great America this weekend. :crybaby: Oh the joys of parenthood.

Well I better get going, I have to do some visiting work today. :gettowork:

I'll be on later.

Edited by Scorpio613

Oh no Pat! I hope your little guy doesn't get sick (although I'm thining he might). I'm also glad your nose is a little bit better, I'm sure that has to hurt! I hate getting gonked on the nose. I'm pretty used to the quick flights, but SF is such a long haul to not even be there for 24 hours. But, I've been friends with this girl since I was 3 years old, I gotta go!

Of course, last Thursday we had a rep come in and was using the open desk next to me. He introduced himself and shook my hand and went and sat back down. He's sitting there the entire time blowing his nose and coughing. I asked, "Are you getting over a cold?" He said, "No, I woke up with it this morning - fever, chills, sore throat, stuffy nose..." Great. Viruses stay dormant for about 7 days once they enter your body........and of course I woke up a little stuffy this morning. I swear if I get sick I'm going to hunt this guy down and kick his @$$. I've been taking airborne once a day all week, so hopefully that will either block it or make it less severe.

I'm also so afraid to fly after what happened with my nosebleeds last time. I have a feeling that was due to my HBP, which it's normal now. I just remember the horrible pain in my head and it makes me shutter to think I'm going to have to go through that again.

Anyways, back to work!

Pat, glad to here the nose is doing better. But sorry to hear your son is getting sick now. If it's not one thing it's another, huh? :boink: Hope your nose keeps getting better and hope your son doesn't end up with strep. *sending good vibes your way*

Trixie-Try not to stress too much about the flight, especially since your BP is back to normal I'm sure you will be a-ok on your flight to SF. BTW, even though it's a short trip, hope you have a blast while you're there!

Edited by stacie-in-nebraska

Thanks Stacie! I plan on dancing my booty off tomorrow night! The girl that's getting married is one of my old dance partners when we used to perform duos. She recently taught her fiance how to latin dance, too so I know there's going to be some good music. You would never know this girl is half Mexican - blonde hair, blue eyes, white as can be! LOL Plus, I like seeing Paul all spiffed up, he always looks so good!

Hello ladies, put in a little extra hours today. I am so glad this week is over.

Trixie I hope you are not getting sick I know you have been looking forward to this weekend.

I'll be lurking around

Good Morning Ladies

Well, I'm officially sick. :( I am SO mad. I don't feel horrible, but I certainly don't feel up to flying, getting dressed up, and going to a wedding. I feel so bad because I'm not going to my friend's wedding. But, Paul went by himself LOL so that that we aren't complete no shows. He flew out about an hour ago and then he's taking the red eye home tonight. I know I got sick from that rep that came in to my work - I'm feeling the urge to call him and ball him out. Grrrr!

Otherwise, not much else going on here. Lurking around.

Trixie...I am so sorry to hear you are sick. :sick: I don't blame you for not going. It sucks to fly when your sick but then to turn around and have to do it again in less than 24 hours...Yuck!!! That was sweet of Paul to go to the wedding anyway! :hug99:

I would want to kick that reps butt too! What an insensitive jerk! :( You should put a bottle of liquid hand sanitizer on your desk so whenever you shake hands with ANYBODY you can immediately squirt the stuff on your hands. It may look weird and maybe appear rude to some people but if it prevents you and others from getting sick, then it is worth it!

My MIL has bottles of the stuff around the business. At first I thought she was being paranoid (which she tends to be) but with all the people that come in for visitations and you have NO IDEA where these peoples hands have been (not a pretty image) and they want to shake hands with the director or the chapel sitter, it makes sense!

Take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon! :rose:

Marissa - I absolutely love it!! You've got the towel shots and everything!! Well done Bethy!

Edited by Trixie

Trix....sorry to hear you ended up with the crud and had to miss the wedding. Glad that at least Paul could go. I agree on the hand sanitizer stuff. My brother and his wife use that stuff all the time, and they and their kid seem to never get sick. Maybe I should use it more often too. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Marissa....love the new sigey!!

I actually am waiting my first Mile High episode from Netflix...so I will get to see Tom in a different light!

P