Gerard Butler GALS

4/18 - 2007 Taurus World Stunt Awards

http://www.earthtimes.org/

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Host 2007 Taurus World Stunt Awards </STRONG>

LOS ANGELES, April 18 /PRNewswire/ -- The Taurus World Stunt Foundation is pleased to announce that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will host the 2007 Taurus World Stunt Awards taking place on Sunday, May 20th at Paramount Pictures. The show, which will air domestically on Friday, May 25th at 10:30 p.m. EDT/PDT on AMC, is the entertainment industry's only award show that honors and celebrates Hollywood's top stunt professionals who consistently push the limits thrilling movie goers throughout the world. Now in its sixth year, the Taurus World Stunt Awards has solidified its stature as the highest achievement that a stunt person can earn.

Johnson previously hosted the Taurus World Stunt Awards in 2005 and will next be seen in Disney's "The Game Plan," due out this Fall. In addition, Johnson is currently shooting "Get Smart" opposite Steve Carrell for Warner Bros.

"I have the utmost respect for the stunt community, which is why I am so happy to be hosting the TWSA for the second time. As actors, we truly appreciate all that they do as they literally put their life on the line for the sake of filmmaking. The stunt community is like family to me and I'm proud to be a part of honoring them."

"AMC is pleased to be broadcasting the Taurus World Stunt Awards and believe it will be a valuable addition to our programming slate," said Rob Sorcher, AMC's Executive Vice President of Programming & Production. "We look forward to honoring the industry's outstanding stunt men and women who contribute a great deal to the world of action feature films, and to providing our viewers with access to one of Hollywood's most exciting events."

This year, the Taurus World Stunt Awards will honor Gerard Butler, star of the blockbuster hit film "300" with The Action Movie Star of the Year Award. In his powerful portrayal of King Leonidas, Butler did many of his own stunts in the film which retells the story of the battle of Thermopylae. In preparation for "300," Butler trained extensively for seven months; including training with stunt men from the film.

Butler said, "It is such a special honor to receive this award from the stunt community. In each action film I'm a part of, I am continually amazed by their remarkable talent. While I am proud to receive this accolade, I am keenly aware of who the real action heroes are."

Guest greyeyegoddess

Those awards are always fun to watch. They do stunts on stage. The Rock has been there before, honoring his cousin who looks like him and does his stunts.

I hope that this is the first of many, many awards.

~alice

:music:

Those awards are always fun to watch. They do stunts on stage. The Rock has been there before, honoring his cousin who looks like him and does his stunts.

I hope that this is the first of many, many awards.

~alice

:music:

Whooo hooo!! Congrats, Gerry!! :cheer2:

Does anyone know which channel will air the show (if it's aired at all??) Think he'll show up there? Well, I'll guess he will. Oh, man this is so exciting! *bounces around* And I'm not even going! Just so happy for Gerry. More awards coming up! Let's start counting them. :D

Edit: Nevermind, I found out the date! *adds it to calender*

Edited by Kiya

http://www.earthtimes.org/

Butler said, "It is such a special honor to receive this award from the stunt community. In each action film I'm a part of, I am continually amazed by their remarkable talent. While I am proud to receive this accolade, I am keenly aware of who the real action heroes are."[/b]

I love the special features from Timeline where Gerry pretends that it was actually him that was blown off the stairs of Castle LeRoc and crashed through the stable roof. I think he said something like "It was me, it was really me" and giggled that adorable way he does and gives the stuntman a big pat on the back. :mopboymarek: :hearts: It is so cool that he was actually able to do so many of his own stunts for "300". I think I remember the director of Attila saying that Gerry did a lot of his own horseback riding for many of the scenes....especially the duel with Tommy Flannigan. :greatking: He's just the WHOLE package, isn't he!!! :whome2:

Lois

Congratulations to our boy!!!! This is just the beginning I think. He has earned all the attention and then some that he is finally getting... And yes he accepts his accolades very graciously that's just another reason that we love him!!!

:claphands: Fran

*sigh* Gerry is so humble and eloquent...and SINCERE! :cheer2: :leochest: :whochnuzzle: I DO I DO! :igotgals::fans::partytime::bounce:

Gerry, congratulations!! I wish I could give you a GREAT BIG KISS! :pucker:

YEAH BABY!! HUGE CONGRATS, GERRY!! And to the ENTIRE stunt team of 300!!

SOOOO bursting with fan pride. :hearts:

~Mel

Congratulations !!! Gerry !!! -- You Do SOOOO Deserve this Award & many many more !!!

:claphands::claphands::claphands: X 100 !!!...

and Congratulations to rest of the Crew in 300 -- !!!!!

:claphands::claphands::claphands: X 100 !!!

and I agree with the rest of you Ladies ... Gerry is SUCH a DEAR & HUMBLE & GRACIOUS GUY !!!

I'm very very happy, and proud of you !!! Gerry !!!

It's LONG overdue & You deserve the Very Best !!!

Take Care & Love Ya !!

Amanda-Tee

Gerry is not humble he has class. Gerry is every man (and woman) in his acknowledgement of a job well done. Gerry works harder than any one I know, that is why he is a winner. Grab all the awards you can Gerry and show them to your grandchildren. You are a very special man.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Congratulations Gerry...you deserve it for all the hard work you put into giving us the best movie of 2007! I hope this is just the beginning of the awards you are going to receive!

hugs,

Sue

:omg2: How can anyone not love this man. He's the BEST and is finally getting the recognition he truly deserves. :clap:

He was wonderful in 300. He moves so beautifully even when he's doing all those fight scene's.

You know, like when they slow-mo the action in a football game and the players look like their performing in a ballet.

I just can't get enough of watching him. :bouncydrool3: :lookin:

A HUGE congradulations to Gerry! When I read this,I was jumping up and down in my mind. Yay! :claphands::claphands: Gerry SO deserves this award! After all he did such a fantastice job portraying King Leonidas. This award is just a start in awards for Gerry. (*crosses fingers* LOL) But anyway,I loved the words he said. He is just so humble and kind,like many of you gals has said. A huge congrats from me to Gerry.

Congraduations Gerry! :claphands::claphands: X 200 You SO deserve this award for all the work you did for 300...making it one of the best films this year.(Forever in my book)