Gerard Butler GALS

Video-Making Workshops

Hey convention attendees!

*INFO UPDATED 5/22/07*

The current schedule:

It's gonna be on Friday @ 2pm in the Ballroom. We have an hour and a half until Bethy's siggy workshop begins. So please come everyone! Laptop not required!

So, we have the one slot for 90 minutes. The beginning vidding will be first, and will take as much time as needed, no worries! I'm gonna try to take the last half hour for more advanced stuff, but if we run out of time, we'll just do what we did last year... Bea, Nade and I had our own little workshop, just gathered around my laptop and checked stuff out. So no worries, we will SO get to every level!

First: for beginning vidders (using Windows Movie Maker, this program comes built in with just about every Windows operating system from 98 to XP & Vista).

Second: for more advanced vidders (using Sony Vegas home edition, perhaps a little dabbling into the Platenium edition).

Laptops recommended, but certainly not required. If you have a MAC with iMovie or Final Cut Pro, or any other program, then by all means, bring it! Most video-making programs have simular basics.

Instructions for DVD ripping will also be discussed.

**added 5/30/07** (thanks to Judy for bringing this up!!)

WHAT TO HAVE ON YOUR LAPTOP (if you're bringing one and want to have the hands-on experience):

*Load at least a handful of pictures (it can be of Gerry, or just anything really) onto your laptop. A dozen or so is a good minimum number.

*Load at least one song (an MP3 file) onto your laptop, so that you can learn how to sync music and images.

*IF you have a ripped movie clip, probably a good idea to bring those along as well. If you don't have them or don't know how to rip clips from a DVD, no worries. Ripping will be taught as well. In the beginning section, we'll mostly be learning about slide shows anyhow.

w00t, can't wait! :claphands:

~Mel

Mel this is so great to hear. I really need to learn more. I have admired the videos put together by so many here and would love to try my hand at it. I still remember what Gerry said last year about the videos and the very talented people who put them together (that would be you,Mel LOL)

Just another thing to look forward to this year... :yippee:

Deb

I don't have a laptop or anything, but I would love to take part in this.Watch, listen, take notes, so I can try my hand at it when I get home as I do have the windows moviemaker on my computer.Looking forward to all of you pros teaching me!!!! :claphands: Can't wait!!

I've always wanted to learn this so I'd be one of the beginners. I am DEFIITELY interested in this! Please sign me up! I don't have a laptop so I hope that I can still participate. I do so admire all the great videos and would love to participate myself, but had no clue how to begin. Thanks a bunch for offering this great opportunity to those of us who are "computer challenged."

Can I sign up also. I don't have a laptop either but like the others who don't I would love to just take notes and observe.

Thanks for offering this. It's a great idea!

Debbie

Hooray, I'm so glad there's enthusiastic interest! :claphands::claphands:

Indeed, if you don't have a laptop, come with a pen & paper and take notes!

w00t!

~Mel

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mel! Just saw this. I'll bring my laptop, and I'll be happy to assist or be a pupil - either one! I have Windows Movie Maker, which I've never used, as well as Adobe Premiere Elements and Sony Vegas 7 loaded on my laptop, if that's any help to you. I'm no expert, but I'd be happy to help any way I can.

I also have ImTOO DVD Ripper 4.

Getting psyched!

OH YEAH :pointy: :yippee: -- COUNT ME IN!!!! SOOOO COOOOOL !!!!

I have a laptop if anyone wants to bum off mine.

hugs to all

4 weeks till Vegas ___ WOOOOOT :claphands:

Binkie

Hey Mel! Just saw this. I'll bring my laptop, and I'll be happy to assist or be a pupil - either one! I have Windows Movie Maker, which I've never used, as well as Adobe Premiere Elements and Sony Vegas 7 loaded on my laptop, if that's any help to you. I'm no expert, but I'd be happy to help any way I can.

Getting psyched!

Dude...you have THIS??

Posted Image

Jealousy! That's awesome!! (that you have the program, not the jealousy, lol)

One day I'll be able to afford that... :bonk:

We MUST play around with it! :kisswink:

~Mel

Sounds like much fun at the con. Wish I could go!!!! But I can't. *sniffles* :tissues:

:hug99: I'll just beam you over, Kelli! :claphands:

You'll be with us in spirit...

~Mel

Getting psyched!

Dude...you have THIS??

Posted Image

Jealousy! That's awesome!! (that you have the program, not the jealousy, lol)

One day I'll be able to afford that... :bonk:

We MUST play around with it! :kisswink:

~Mel

YES!! I have an incredibly nice husband who got it for me for Christmas. I'm baffled by a lot of it. Maybe we can figure it out together!

I will definitely bring it along.

WAAAAAAAAA! I wanna go...... I wish I clould but I don't think it's gonna happen..especially with Mel giving us some great tips and instructions on some video making! I know I've made a few but I would love to be able to produce some "almost" as good as Mel!!! Somebody ...pass me a tissue would ya?

:crybaby: Fran

Mel, I can't bring my computer but I'd love to sit in your workshop and take notes. I am fascinated with all the wonderful videos and would like to see if it's possible for me to learn some of this art form.

:erikrose:

Linda / Pink Lady

• 3 weeks later...

w00t, indeed! Come sit in and take notes!! The more the merrier! :claphands:

Oh! A quick announcement... we have one slot for 90 minutes. The beginning vidding will be first, and will take as much time as needed, no worries! I'm gonna try to take the last half hour for more advanced stuff, but if we run out of time, we'll just do what we did last year... Bea, Nade and I had our own little workshop, just gathered around my laptop and checked stuff out. So no worries, we will SO get to every level!

(remember kittypro...we're gonna play with your software! :D )

~Mel

No problema, Mel! I'm bringing my laptop and my external hard drive. AND my Vegas manual. I'm lost without it! Actually, I'm lost with it, too! What a complicated piece of a techno toy! I'll probably NEVER figure it all out!

Getting psyched!

Hey Mel,

I think I forgot to say....count me in.

I'll bring my laptop. I have Sony Vegas Platinum 6.0.

Friday or Saturday? Or don't you know yet?

Nadine

Hey everyone!

It's gonna be on Friday @ 2pm in the Ballroom. We have an hour and a half until Bethy's siggy workshop begins. So please come everyone! Laptop not required! (suggested if you have one, but not required)

~Mel

I'll have to check in, dump my stuff (and my husband) and come running! Unlike all you other lucky gals, I have to work on Thursday, and don't get in to Vegas till Friday morning. But I'll be there! :yippee:

Hey everyone!

It's gonna be on Friday @ 2pm in the Ballroom. We have an hour and a half until Bethy's siggy workshop begins. So please come everyone! Laptop not required! (suggested if you have one, but not required)

~Mel

I'll be there to take notes. I want to know if this is "way over my head or not" before I invest in the software or a laptop. See you there.

Barb