Gerard Butler GALS

Vegas 07 DANCE MUSIC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont be there but I love to dance to she thinks my tractor s sexy , footloose , and we arefamily and chers song on her tour album I cant' think of it. its so good. Betts

A sexy music block dedicated to the G-man himself. Any song buy:

Teddy Pendergrass(Turn off the Lights, You got what I want, Close the door etc.)

Berry White( I forgot the names of his songs because I'm tired right now, but I think Gerry would want us to play something from him.)

Can't forget AC/DC!!!!!....oh, and John Mellemcamp!!!!!

I have my IPOD on and how could I forget

Don't Cha and Buttons by The Pussycat Dolls

Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer :yippee:

YES!!! Gotta have some Pussycat Dolls! We will be in Vegas after all!

Does anyone know that New Wave song, Don't Go, by Yazoo?

I freaking love that song!

I love all Disco! But, I also like some New Wave as well. I loved Duran Duran back in their day!

Heck, I loved Rock too! Led Zepplin, Judas Preist, Def Leppard, AC/DC. I love old music of just about every kind.

If it made you want to move you butt, like the freaking Bee Gees!

I love Timbaland Presents Shock Value the whole CD, but specially the songs Bombay and 2 Man Show!!!!!

Everytime we play that at work it totally makes me want to dance :bellydance: :dance2: :dance:

Edited by ChinaPearl

Just checking in on one of my fav. GB sites and I couldn't resist this thread.

Hope you don't mind my input (even though this Party Crasher GAL isn't attending your fun bash). I'm starting to wish I was now. :cunning:

My bf and I just took a long road trip and I think I have just about ALL of the songs you ladies mentioned on my iPod, however we're trying to expand our narrow minds and explore some of the new stuff and we REALLY enjoyed Gwen Stefani's newest CD "The Sweet Escape".

There are two great dance tunes from this one called "Wind it Up" and the album title "Sweet Escape".

I highly recommend adding those two to your list.

Some newer songs-

Put them up-Edun

Satellites-September

Glamorous life-Fergie

Rehab-Amy Winehouse

Is this love-IIO

Some club oldies

Gotta Get Through this-Daniel Bedingfield

1,2 step-Ciara

Any new Madonna

It feels so good-Sonique

Freestylers anything, but I like "I'm in love with you"

I Watch You-Lee Cabrera

Faster Kill Pussycat-Paul Oakenfold with Brittney Murphy

Any new Kylie Minogue

Love for Love, or Show Me Love-Robin S

Alice I think I know only one or two of those songs! :lol: And I have teenagers in the house!

GROAN!!! You guys make me feel so OLD!!! I never heard of ANY of these tunes!

**Suzie slinks off to her rocking chair**

I never heard of any of those songs either, Suzie. Make room for my rocking chair on your porch, I'll join you. :rotflmao:

Well, now that I know for sure I'm attending, I can finally reply to this thread! LOL

Here's what gets me going:

ANY MOTOWN!! (And the good thing is, people of all ages love motown!)

ANY CLASSIC ROCK/OLDIES (50's, 60's, 70's, 80's)...

• Elvis Presley
  • Rolling Stones
  • The Eagles
  • The Beatles
  • The Doors
  • Grateful Dead
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • CCR
  • Joe Cocker

CURRENT MUSIC (MOSTLY):

• Aerosmith
  • Prince
  • Bon Jovi
  • Justin Timberlake
  • Lenny Kravitz
  • Janet Jackson
  • Beyonce
  • Outkast
  • U2
  • Elton John
  • Billy Joel
  • Toby Keith
  • Rascal Flatts
And of course...

POTO Soundtrack

Edited by Marissa
Guest greyeyegoddess

You gals make me laugh! I listen to a dance music station all the time, so I know most of those songs. If I had to depend on someone else telling me what kind of music to listen to, I'd be in trouble.

Believe me, when you hear those songs, you'll want to get up and dance. But I'm all for 80's new wave, 70's disco, 90's modern, and before and after.

By the way, Parislovesgerry...I FREAKIN' LOVE YAZ!!!! Alison Moyet is my most favorite female singer in the whole wide world and Vince Clarke is a genius in my book (big fan of Erasure here!). Not to have "Don't Go" or "Situations" at a dance party is a crime against humanity. Most people don't know the group, but when they hear the songs, they know....

Did someone mention, "Hey Ya"? So we can shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture?

Last year there were some songs I didn't know and I hope that doesn't happen again, because when I don't know the song, I won't dance.

People, think DANCE music. Music to dance to...what will get you up on your feet?

That new one from Shakira and Beyonce' is kind of cool "Beautiful Liar"...and I'm not much of a fan of either.

~alice

:music:

Oooo I love Erasure, great memories of when I lived in London!!! And Yaz is fantastic, it's not new, but who cares!

I've been rocking in my chair trying to think of some good rock and roll tunes. Sorry, but I never heard of most of the groups/singers listed except for Marissa's list. I'm mostly a 50's, 60's, early 70's GAL.

Doobie Brothers: Listen To The Music and Rockin' Down The Highway

Jerry Lee Lewis: Great Balls Of Fire

Bill Haley: Rock Around The Clock

Danny & The Juniors: At The Hop

Chubby Checker: The Twist (This one is so much fun)

Sly & The Family Stone: Dance To The Music

Sister Sledge: We Are Family (We really need this one)

Donna Summer: Last Dance

Meat Loaf: Paradise By The Dashboard Light (This is a great rock song)

Three Dog Night

The Who

The Rolling Stones

Elvis

Bee Gees

Elton John

Chicago

Okay, back to the rocking chair. I feel so old all of a sudden!! I think I'll put some 45s on my record player - maybe that will make me feel better. :tissues:

Dee

I've been rocking in my chair trying to think of some good rock and roll tunes. Sorry, but I never heard of most of the groups/singers listed except for Marissa's list. I'm mostly a 50's, 60's, early 70's GAL.

Okay, back to the rocking chair. I feel so old all of a sudden!! I think I'll put some 45s on my record player - maybe that will make me feel better.

Hey, no rocking chairs for us! I'm only 25(ish)!!! We just know good music when we hear it!

Can't wait for the party, GALS!!

Seriously, I'll dance to anything.. especially with a few drinks in me! wOOt!

There is one that I have to hear....."I Like The Way You Move" by the freestylers I think...there is a gerry video to it somewhere.Or the same song(not sure if the title is differnet) by Outkast.Also...think the DJ would have "Push Up"????He'd make so many women...so happy!!! :cunning:

Hey ParislovesGerry I would LOVE to hear some YAZ myself. I was just thinking today as I was listening to my 80's tunes on my Mp3 player what I want to hear at the convention. How about some "Work for Love" by Ministry - 12in version. YEAH! LOVE IT! If you mix it up a bit I'm all about dancing it up.

Cassie

All of the above! Just thinkin' about all those songs is gettin' me excited... LOOK OUT VEGAS! Here we come... :yousosilly2:

:throw:

Sally

I just hear YAZ "Don't Go" today and a New Order song, totally made me think of dancing with ya'll

Yay, it sounds like it is going to be a great party!!!!!

I can't wait!!!