Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #13

Shannan - It would be so great if you could come! Pat needs the money for POTO like now! MT will be that Saturday Nov. 10. I haven't begun working on the details yet since it is so far in advance (I'll probably give them a call in July), so no money is due for that yet. You should come up here!!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to make it for the MT event, but I don't think I can see POTO since I just took my daughter in Vegas.

I am really hoping to make it to MT this year too since I've never been to it. I've heard it's a good time. Plus with the rest of the GMCL's I'm sure it will make it extra fun! I didn't have to cash for POTO which I'm bummed about but maybe some other time I can see that.

:blushing: Thanks so much ladies. :) Here we didn't think we did very good. Thank you very very much for the nice compliments!

Good Morning Gals!!

I am officially back from the vacation from HELL!! You would not believe what continued to happen once Ethan and I went back up to Utah. :wall: We got stranded in my mother's car in Park City. We went and rode the mountain rides, then when we left to go home, her car wouldn't start. WE jumped it a couple times, but it just wouldn't keep going. So I had to scramble to have it towed to a local dealer, then find one of my brothers to drive 1 hour and 40 minutes to come and get us. We were without wheels for 24 hours! Luckily it was only a fried battery that needed replacing. It was only 8 years old! :funnyabove:

Then early the next morning, I was rushed to the ER with severe stomach pains. I thought my appendix burst or possibly a kidney stone, but thank goodness it wasn't that. It is some weird bowel thing where your small intestine telescopes into your large intestine and starts to strangulate. I will have to look this one up on the internet. Once I got a whopping dose of Morphine, the area relaxed and everything went back into place. Scared the bejesus out of my 79 year old mother. So Thursday I was in a drug induced FOG. While I was recouping, my mother had the FEDS and local police running through her yard and neighborhood looking for some guys that were trying to escape them. I guess it was a drug related thing. I have come to realize that the house I grew up in is being sucked into the Ghetto.

On a brighter note, the flight home went smoothly! Thank heavens for that. Spent Father's Day with the old man and now have to go back to work today. My house is a total wreck! I think nobody thought they needed to clean up or wash laundry the whole time I was gone. It will take me a good week to rake this place up. :tantrum:

Sounds like you all had a good time at HG eventhough it was HOT and the BUGS were after ya. I will have to read to catch up on what has been happening while I was in Utah.

I paid Pat for POTO, so I will be a coming in November to Gerry's Birthday Bash!

I better run for now and take kids to swimming lessons. Talk with you all soon.

Paulette

Edited by enchanting eyes

Paulette...I am sorry to hear you had such a horrible vacation. Sometimes you wonder why you left home at all when things like this happen? At least you got to enjoy Vegas without too much trouble! Do the doctors know why your intestines did that? Is it something that can happen again? Please take care of yourself. :hug99:

The HG were fun but HOT like last year and this time we also had the cicadas to deal with! They didn't bother me much but Trixie's little girl was terrified of them! Poor thing. We met for dinner later which was fun! Let's hope next year we will get some "normal" Spring weather instead of this 90+ degrees BS!!! :(

I have to call the theater to pay for the POTO tickets today. Unfortunately I did not hear from Cassie or Shannan so we did not reach our 20 ticket minimum. Say a prayer they will still let us have the tickets we have on reserve. I will keep everyone posted.

We found a baby duckling yesterday. He/she is so cute but we need to find it a home. I called around and found a children's farm that will take him/her, so we will be heading out now.

I will be on later.

Edited by Scorpio613

I have to call the theater to pay for the POTO tickets today. Unfortunately I did not hear from Cassie or Shannan so we did not reach our 20 ticket minimum. Say a prayer they will still let us have the tickets we have on reserve. I will keep everyone posted.

I'm here I'm here! :tantrum: I want to go!!!! :tantrum: Have you orderd the tickets yet? I was already gone when you left me the pm so I havent' paid yet. is it too late? I can get on PayPal right now just let me know if you have ordered them or not. I don't want to sit by myself.

Cassie

BTW, Hello lovely ladies!

I'm here I'm here! :tantrum: I want to go!!!! :tantrum: Have you orderd the tickets yet? I was already gone when you left me the pm so I havent' paid yet. is it too late? I can get on PayPal right now just let me know if you have ordered them or not. I don't want to sit by myself.

Cassie

BTW, Hello lovely ladies!

I got ya Cassie!!! :wave:

Don't worry, I won't leave you by yourself! :hug99:

Edited by Scorpio613

Gosh I wish I knew more people that would want to see POTO. I know my Mom wants to, but I know she won't be in town that weekend.

COnsider yourself lucky for not having credit cards!!! LOL Stay that way for as long as you can!!

I plan to stay that way. They got me in trouble before, I'm not going down that path again.

Good for you Stacie! If only more of America would try that.

I wish I could go to POTO but like I said after the Vegas POTO and the family is planning a Wicked trip to Chi-town (recent development) it's just not possible.

Crap, I hope I'm not too late and that I'm not the cause of losing the tickets to POTO! :confused: After the whole chemo thing last week, I was dog tired all weekend as well as busy running around, so I didn't get online at all. So, I didn't see Pat's email until today. Pat, I sent you the payment through Paypal this morning, so I hope we're all still able to go.

So, in case you can't read between the lines, I'm coming to Chicago in November!!!! YAY!!! The one and only other time I was in Chicago was over 10 years ago, and it was for work so I didn't get to do a lot of playing around. I stayed in Schaumberg (spelled correctly?), but I did get to go to the Hard Rock Cafe' and to some club called the Excalibur (I think that was the name). All I remember about the club is the Abba Dancing Queen video playing, drinking too much and having a little too much fun in some guy's car later on in my hotel's parking lot. :heat: This was back in my single days, and he did fly to KC to see me a month later, so it wasn't a total one night stand. :cunning: I look back on it now and realize how stupid that was; what if he had been some serial killer? Oh well, long time ago, I'm still alive, no need to worry.

Ok, let me know when you get the money for POTO and then I'll watch for updates from Trixie on the MT portion of the trip. Stacie-I hope you get to go too! Would be nice for someone from my part of the world to be going as well.

Talk to you all later,

Shannan

Crap, I hope I'm not too late and that I'm not the cause of losing the tickets to POTO! :confused: After the whole chemo thing last week, I was dog tired all weekend as well as busy running around, so I didn't get online at all. So, I didn't see Pat's email until today. Pat, I sent you the payment through Paypal this morning, so I hope we're all still able to go.

So, in case you can't read between the lines, I'm coming to Chicago in November!!!! YAY!!! The one and only other time I was in Chicago was over 10 years ago, and it was for work so I didn't get to do a lot of playing around. I stayed in Schaumberg (spelled correctly?), but I did get to go to the Hard Rock Cafe' and to some club called the Excalibur (I think that was the name). All I remember about the club is the Abba Dancing Queen video playing, drinking too much and having a little too much fun in some guy's car later on in my hotel's parking lot. :heat: This was back in my single days, and he did fly to KC to see me a month later, so it wasn't a total one night stand. :cunning: I look back on it now and realize how stupid that was; what if he had been some serial killer? Oh well, long time ago, I'm still alive, no need to worry.

Ok, let me know when you get the money for POTO and then I'll watch for updates from Trixie on the MT portion of the trip. Stacie-I hope you get to go too! Would be nice for someone from my part of the world to be going as well.

Talk to you all later,

Shannan

Shannan...no, you are not too late and no, you are not causing any ticket problems! I got your payment and you are officially joining us for POTO!!! :claphands:

Since you have not been to Chicago in 10 years, there have been alot of changes (for the better)! The Hard Rock and Excalibur are still there along with dozens of new clubs! Navy Pier is totally different too! Maybe you should come down a couple days early and check things out!

I think we have all done some "dumb" things when we were young and single, I KNOW I did!!! :doh: That is why my daughter will be locked in her room until she is 30 years old!!! :lol: j/k

Trixie should be posting info soon about MT. Luckily they do not require payment as early as the theater does. :(

See you in November!

Edited by Scorpio613

Shannon-I'm planning on coming for MT just not for POTO. I'll just have to find something else to amuse myself while that it going on. Maybe they'll be shooting the Untouchables prequel then and I can go do some Gerry watching. LOL

And Pat, is 30 supposed to be the cutoff for doing stupid things? I'm in trouble cause nobody told me. :angel2:

Edited by stacie-in-nebraska

If they are shooting the prequel that weekend .... I can guarantee you some people are going to be making some hard decisions....Phantom or the actual Gerry......that would be interesting to see. LOL

If they are shooting the prequel that weekend .... I can guarantee you some people are going to be making some hard decisions....Phantom or the actual Gerry......that would be interesting to see. LOL

That's a no brainer for me. I would have to just eat the cost of the show and go do some Gerry stalking. I should think about saving some vacation time to take off just for this reason. Hum... I would even take time off and not get paid if it meant that I could see Gerry while filming. I'm so for the going down and finding this set if they do in fact film here. I would go eat at the hotel they would be staying at as a just in case. What do you think it would be The Pennisula? Hum...

Cassie

That's a no brainer for me. I would have to just eat the cost of the show and go do some Gerry stalking. I should think about saving some vacation time to take off just for this reason. Hum... I would even take time off and not get paid if it meant that I could see Gerry while filming. I'm so for the going down and finding this set if they do in fact film here. I would go eat at the hotel they would be staying at as a just in case. What do you think it would be The Pennisula? Hum...

Cassie

Oh believe me Cassie, if Gerry is in town that weekend filming, we will be adding a "location visit" to the B-day Bash weekend! :cunning:

FYI...most celebs stay at the Four Seasons when in Chicago. Got that info from someone who used to work in the Chicago hotel business. ;) I had to contact Gary Busey there when he was in town filming "Rookie of the Year". Busey is an old college buddy of my former boss and he asked me to call him so they could meet up.

Btw...love your siggy Cassie! :D

Edited by Scorpio613

Where is everyone? Hello... Hello....

*crickets chirping, scratching* or whatever it's they do. chirp scratch chirp. Oh fugetabuoutit!

Cassie

I'm here....just hanging out tonight. It has been quiet in here lately. I've also been lurking around the gutter later. LOL

I'm waiting to find out if I have a party tomorrow night. My hostess is not getting back to me so if I don't hear from her than I will not be going. It is in a questionable part of Chicago so I want to make sure the party is on. Last time I did a party in that area they walked me to my car so nothing would happen to me and the scary part is they told me that. LOL

I'm lurking around tonight

forgive my ignorance, but what prequel are we talking about? Oh and forgive my laziness as I probably could probably figure it out myself.

Oh ans SIN I'm planning on MT but not POTO too.