Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #13

Hi Everyone:

I wanted to pop in and say have a safe and fun July 4th. I hope everyone traveling to the UK has a safe and great trip. I will be going later this summer and traveling in both England and Scotland and I agree with the rest of you who say when it's your time, it's your time. I was over in the UK during an IRA bombing in London - one bomb went off right across the street from me. But, it never made me regret going to England that summer nor did it prevent me from going back.

Hi Trix - I saw the Tom Wisdom My Space page. It looked really good. He is a cutie.

Happy July 4th!

Gem

P.S. How were the Highland Games? Any Jamie Frasers in that bunch??? I am going to keep my eyes peeled for a lookalike when I am in Scotland this fall. If I can find more than one, I will send them back to you!

Edited by Gemmie
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey SIN - Hope all is well with you!

I don't know about you, but the last two times I tried to access the Forum site it took forever for it to load. Maybe that's why it's quiet - that and the holiday and the beautiful weather and summer vacations.....talk to you all later. Hope you had a great July 4th!

It has been quiet around here, but like you said Gemmie, with vacations, warm weather, etc. who wants to sit at a computer all day long! :confused: Except maybe me! :embarassed:

We did go out and see some wonderful fireworks last night by our house. We had a great spot to view them. All we had to do was spread out a blanket, lay down and look up at the sky! It was really nice! :tens:

Later today is our last real rehearsal. Starting Sunday, we go into full tech/dress rehearsals every day until opening night (July 12th). Somehow my job as "official kid wrangler" has been elevated to "unofficial Children's Choir choreograher"! :doh: I found this out Tuesday night when the director asked me to handle the children's choir choreograhy so she could concentrate on the adult choir and principles. Thank goodness I take notes and have been at every rehearsal except 1 or I would be SOL!!! The kids sort of know what they are suppose to do during which song, but we have so many little ones (6 & 7 yr. olds) and other kids who have never been on stage before that they totally forget everything they are suppose to do when the cast is on stage! They stop and watch the show instead of being a part of the show! I know I will get help from the musical director during the show but he can only do so much! I certainly have my work cut out for me for the next 2 weeks! :scared:

Trixie...hope all is going well with your living room remodeling! Please be sure to post pics when everything is done. I can't wait to see it! :p

:wave: to Stacie, Gemmie, Terra and all the other GMCL's!

Gotta run for now.

Edited by Scorpio613

Gemmie, it was loading kinda slow on Tuesday evening and yesterday morning. Maybe that's why it's been quiet. That and I'm sure with the holiday, people probably have family in town visiting etc.

And Pat, you're not the only one sitting in front of the computer all day. I'm guilty of it quite a bit. In fact, more than I should most days. But alas, what better way to spend my time than looking at things about Gerry and chatting with the fabulous GALS on here, right?

Hope all is well with everyone else and I'm sure I'll be lurking on and off the rest of the night!

I for one have been so busy with kids out of school, working on getting Ethan all sorted for college this Fall, working a lot at the ol' job, working on the house and the yard, and trying to get ready for the UK Cony.

I check in every day, just don't always have time to post! Gotta head out shortly again to work. I think my boss is taking full advantage of me before I leave for 2 weeks later this month.

Talk at ya soon! Hi to all the GMCL's!!

Paulette

Hey ladies!!!!! Sorry for the lack of communication. I went home to St. Louis for the week and got home late Saturday. Went downtown yesterday (Sunday) and got a beat of heatstroke so I've been chillin on my couch since. I was due in for jury duty this morning and called in because I had a splitting headache. They deferred me till September. Dang blasted - I tried to get out of it but the woman was so dang snippy w/me I just wanted to get off the phone w/her. Someone was not having a good day.

Hope everyone is A-ok and had a great 4th of July. Must go visit Tom's site to see what is going on. *sigh* Was watching the 2nd season of Mile High again and he's just too cute. double *sigh*

Pat - did you get the tickets for POTO? I haven't heard anything from you regarding this since you were going to call and see if you could get them at the group price.

To all you super Midwest Lasses, have a great rest of the evening. I'm now going to bed to watch the rest of my show! :cunning:

Cassie

WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD!!! :woo:

My family and I will be going to see the new Harry Potter movie tonight at Midnight! I cannot wait! :cheer: It is going to be a very long night since we will be at rehearsal from 6-10pm, then head over to the theater. My husband is getting there earlier so he can hold a place in line for us. We already have the tickets, we just have to be sure to get good seats together! I am probably going to hit Starbucks before rehearsal just to ensure I stay awake for the movie. :p We are watching HP&GOF right now just to refresh our memories. ;)

I watched Daniel Radcliff on Leno last night and I have to say, I was quite impressed with him. He is a smart, articulate, witty and funny young man! I believe he will have a very good career as an actor. Granted he will ALWAYS be Harry Potter, but he comes across smart enough to use that to his advantage rather than try to run away from it as other actors have from characters they are always associated with. I look forward to seeing him in other movies beyond HP! :claphands:

Cassie...I apologize if you did not get my email. I did send one out saying that we are all set with the POTO tickets! I will be looking into restaurants near the theater to set up an after POTO dinner soon.

Well gotta get going...still have to get to piano class, then back to do hair & makeup on the kids since tonight is a full dress rehearsal! If anyone else is going to HP tonight...have fun and stay awake! :lol:

Edited by Scorpio613

Hi Cassie! :wave: Hope you're feeling better and hope you are enjoying season 2 of Mile High. I'll get to meet you in November then, huh? You'll be there for MT & POTO? Hope so. That would be really cool to get to meet you.

PatKay, sounds like you are busy as a bee once again. Do you ever take a day off? LOL Have fun at HP and hope you enjoy it!! And can't wait to hear about which restaurant we go to after POTO. Since technically I've only really been to Trixie's & the airport when we did the Indy get together I can't wait to see more of Chicago! WOO-HOO!!!

G-DAY GMCL'S

PATKAY - JUST A SUGGESTION

FOR EATS AFTER POTO IN NOVEMBER !!!

PETTERINOS & MICKEYD'S IS LOCATED

KITTY CORNER FROM EACH OTHER ON THE BLOCK

BETWEEN CADILLAC THEATRE

AND FORD CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS !!!

HOPE ALL SURVIVED THE STORMS THE OTHER NIGHT :scared:

LIGHTNING HIT THE TREE IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE AND

SPLIT IT IN TWO AND WAS BLOWN ACROSS THE STREET

ON MY NEIGHBORS CAR !!!

FOR ALL THE GMCL'S GOING TO SCOTLAND - STAY SAFE AND ALERT !!!

DLSPBS - PAT :rose:

:read: P.S. DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THE ONGOING GALS

CHARITY EFFORT FOR THE SCOTTISH YOUTH THEATRE !!!

Hi Girls!! Just dropped in to say "Hi".....I missed the Highland Games because Tom was home and we have been running lately.

It sounds like everyone is busy..PatKay..we have just watched the other 4 Harry Potter movies and I'm looking forward to this one!! They are so much fun :claphands:

When is Medieval Times this year?..hopefully I can make that!!

Sounds like we will been seeing more of Gerry...Hi to Trixie, Miklyn, Lois, PatKay, Terra and all of the rest of you!!!Lassies!

Linda/Swetster

Hi Girls!! Just dropped in to say "Hi".....I missed the Highland Games because Tom was home and we have been running lately.

It sounds like everyone is busy..PatKay..we have just watched the other 4 Harry Potter movies and I'm looking forward to this one!! They are so much fun :claphands:

When is Medieval Times this year?..hopefully I can make that!!

Sounds like we will been seeing more of Gerry...Hi to Trixie, Miklyn, Lois, PatKay, Terra and all of the rest of you!!!Lassies!

Linda/Swetster

Medieval Times is the weekend of November 9th-11th. Hope to see you there!

Hi to everyone else out there!!

And I totally entered the last 2 raffles. I hope I get something good!! woo-hoo!!!

Just a quick :wave: !

Well the play is in full swing. We played 2 nights and both nights we had standing O's! :cheer2:

We perform tonight, then we are off for a few days. Thank goodness, we have been out every night with the play since last Sunday! :stars:

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is such a fun play! This is our 3rd time performing in this play! If you ever have the chance to see it in your area, go see it, you will really enjoy it! :claphands:

I hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful weekend! :D

Stacie...I wouldn't be ME if I didn't live my life in the fast lane! Just ask Trixie, Miklyn and the others. I am always burning the candle at both ends! :p

My kids and I were out today meeting the Weasley Twins from Harry Potter! Yes, that is James and Oliver Phelps who play Fred & George Weasley in all the Harry Potter films! :wow2:

They were appearing at the the theater we saw HP at when it came out to sign autographs and take pictures! It was AWESOME! We got SO lucky because just as we got to the table where the boys where, they stopped and sat down to sign some books and pictures. We had to wait about 5 mins. standing smack dab in front of them! We took a ton of pictures. I was standing right next to James Phelps and he looked up at me and apologized for the wait and I told him "no problem, I'm enjoying the view"! :tasty: He looked at me and laughed! Then Oliver looked up and said he was sorry for the wait and look right at my daughter and smiled! I thought she died and went to heaven!!! :swoon:

They are so cute but really look just like any tall teenage boy in high school. That is, until they open their mouths...OMG, how I love that English accent. :thud: Here is the main picture that was taken of the boys with my children...

JAMES & OLIVER PHELPS W/MY KIDS

For whatever reason, the picture did not download completely but you can still see my kids with the Weasley Boys!

I was so excited for them, I felt like a teenager again myself! :D

It was a VERY fun day today for us! :claphands:

I hope everyone is doing well!

:hugs:

PatKay

Edited by Scorpio613

Hi Gals:

Well, I am going to London on business next month and will be going on a couple of trips to Scotland while I am there. And, I have made up my mind that I am not going to come back until I see a man in a kilt, even if I have to buy the kilt and put it on some good looking Scottish bastard myself!!!! How's that for a pick up line??? Excuse me, sir, but could you just take off your pants and put on my kilt? Pretty please?????? :rotflmao: Well, it might not be original there, but it will make for a good story here, I think. I will be going back in September too so I am going to get some more Scottish time then. I am going to go as far north as the Orkney Islands in September and I have been told to bring long underwear. I guess it's nippy up there so if I blow into the North Sea, it was good knowing all of you. :wave:

I didn't read the whole thread since I am so far behind but did you go to the Highland Games? Was the scenery nice???? Let me know.

Take care,

Gem

Hi Ladies!

I have been lurking, just haven't posted much.

Gemmie - I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!! I was just telling my husband last night how badly I want to go back to London. It's been almost 6 years since I've been there and I really miss it. Although, next time we go we're planning to go all through the UK - hitting London, Ireland, and Scotland, which we may do for my birthday. Drop the kids off at my Mom's and away we go!

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone!!! Hope all is well!

Hi Trix -

It's been a long time since I have been in London too and I hear it's really expensive now, which just sucks because it is such a cool place to go and a lot of people are avoiding it because of the cost. I just met this couple last night and they were saying that Buenos Aires is really cool - very European and so much cheaper than going to Europe. However, for me, there is just no place like Europe and no substitute for its history, culture and the like. I would rather just save my money and go there. This trip is on my company so that makes this trip even sweeter.

I am going to head to Scotland and also going to spend time in the Cotwolds and Somerset County. So, that will be lovely. The English countryside is gorgeous. I will be staying in Notting Hill while I am London. I will give you a report when I return. Sounds like a few people are heading over this summer so this board will probably be loaded with fun stories.

I will let you know if I stay in any cool places and such if you want the info for your planning. A friend of mine who is Scottish told me about this gorgeous place in the Cotswolds with just three rooms for let and it looks great so we will probably stay there for a night or two. I am also staying in Edinburgh at this place called The Witchery by the Castle. Doesn't that sound interesting? I will let you know if I spot ghosts or Rosemary's Baby or something. Sounds so sinister!!!! :rotflmao:

The UK is such a romantic place to go - so many beautiful B&B's with four poster beds. Yikes. You and Paul will have some fun!!!!! :cunning:

Gem

Edited by Gemmie

Hello LADIES!!!! I miss you guys! When are we hooking up again. I need a girls night out. I'm assuming we're doing the PSILY in the fall. Oh pweety pweeze...

Pat - you have beautiful kids. Cuties yes they're.

To all you gorgeous Midwest GALS, have a great evening. I'm off to finish watching "Hell's Kitchen".

Cassie

Hey there, Cassie! As far as I know the only big get together is in November(POTO stage show and Medival Times). Shame we aren't all independently wealthy so we could fly to Miami to see Shattered together.

Also,

I'll be in attendance tomorrow night when we will TOTALLY kick Scrubby arse!!

wOOOOOOt!!!

GO CARDS!!!

Edited by Marissa