Gerard Butler GALS

5/17 - Gerard Butler Joins Untouchables Prequel

Thank you to madamina for sending us this news link.

The Untouchables - Capone Rising

Gerard Butler Joins Untouchables Prequel

Source: Variety May 17, 2007

Gerald Butler (300) will star in Brian De Palma's The Untouchables: Capone Rising, reports Variety.

He joins Nicolas Cage, who will play a younger version of Al Capone, the character made famous by Robert De Niro. "Capone Rising" is a prequel to De Palma's 1987 classic The Untouchables, and will revolve around the early dealings between Capone and Irish cop Jimmy Malone, a role that garnered an Oscar for Sean Connery.

Principal photography will begin in October.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I freakin' LOVED The Untouchables!!! This is very exciting! And what an absolutely PERFECT role for Gerry!

:claphands:

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooo EXCITED OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! This is what i'm talking about!!! YAY YAY!!! This is what I've been waiting for!!! SQUeeeeeeeeeeeee ...somebody stop me!! Oh shite...I just got dizzy... :stars:okay I'll stop... *sigh*

:cunning: Fran

edited to say....Didn't Malone get killed in the first one?? OH NOT NOT AGAIN!!!

Edited by ladyfran

I'm so happy for him, I'm in tears! This is just SOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN' FANTASTIC!!!!!

Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of our guy on the big screen.... an orgy of G movies!!!!!!!

Swannie

OH MY FREAKIN' BUTLER!!!!! :claphands::claphands:

I LOVED THE UNTOUCHABLES!!!!!!

AND Yes, Nicolas Cage is in it too!

I swear the info is coming fast and furious and I LOVE IT!!!!!

YOU GO GERRY!!!!

Fran he did, but where it's a prequel..HE LIVES!! YES!!

Edited by moonglow

Now that's what I'm talking about!! A gangster film... taking the Jackie Junior vibe to bombastic new levels... in a film with a vintage setting and undoubtedly a real budget! (and ok, as an Irish cop, lol)

Oh MAN... and it's been reported that he showed up for the announcement of this so it must be happening... and that principal photography begins in October... HOORAY!!!!

what a huge year for Gerry!!!

:claphands::claphands::claphands:

kissy :kisswink:

Edited by kissyfit

OH MY FREAKIN' BUTLER!!!!! :claphands::claphands:

I LOVED THE UNTOUCHABLES!!!!!!

AND Yes, Nicolas Cage is in it too!

I swear the info is coming fast and furious and I LOVE IT!!!!!

YOU GO GERRY!!!!

Fran he did, but where it's a prequel..HE LIVES!! YES!!

*phew* Thanks Moonie...I feel better now.

:cunning: Fran

heh, I hyperventilated for about half a hour before I started wondering if I had missed the news on here, did a quick search through archives and finally managed to alert the mods...

actually, I'm *still* hyperventilating... :yippee:

I've wanted him to play a gangster again, but this one is a cop..but still, you so know he's going to have that hard as nails edge to him.

And he's working with another Academy Award Winner..aka Nic Cage..this is SO FREAKIN' GOOD, I'm over the moon.

And can't wait to go home, it should be on the entertainment shows..and there should be pics soon too.

Guest greyeyegoddess

Dang! The boy won't stop once he's on a roll! Congrats Gerry! My head's still spinning with the last few announcements. Keep it up! We love you!

You can use this opportunity to send a congrats and share your excitement to Gerry with the Furcedes fundraiser!!!!

I'm merciless!

~alice

:music:

*is doing the happy dance* Oh man, talk about a PACKED schedule!! I'm so happy for him! I loved watching 'The Untouchables' and you can definitely count me in once this puppy gets out in movie theaters. Whoooo hooooo!!! :dance: :dance:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG..........

That is the BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! The payoff is finally here, ladies. We knew he had it in him...just had to wait for the REST of the freakin' world to figure it out.

Just...way to go, Ger....knock 'em dead. Peeps are gonna be saying "Sean who?" :pointy:

I am definitely not only seeing it when it comes out..but I'm freakin' lining up for the first show!

:claphands::claphands: So happy right now for him!

TERRIFIC!!! OK!!! WOW!!!

My co-workers came running when I yelled....I was having trouble catching my breath, so one had to bring me a glass of water!!!!!

This is just soooooo fookin' spectacular!!!

Gerry following in Sean's footsteps (well, Sean's Oscar-winning role) - How great is that??

GO GERRY!!

Hey Alice.... :mopboyjackie: did I get your attention? I just mailed my letter with my gift yesterday, can you toss the letter and I'll get another in the mail tomorrow?

Dee

hiya everyone,

I am not seeing this anywhere on the RSS feed so I am just posting the link... this is the original article that states the information about Gerry and "Capone Rising".

Variety Article about Gerry and Capone Rising

I wanted to alert everyone because in the article it mentions that Gerry made an 60 second appearance during the announcement.

This announcement was probably made at Cannes during one of the distribution shows outside of the Festival. If I were everyone, I would be watching Access and E! for clips about this, especially since they also announced Cage would be playing Capone.. this is HOT HOT NEWS!

Oh mother of gawd... I am soooo freakin excited for Gerry. I know some were looking forward to some other roles like Therese Raquin and Burns... but ladies he has to strike while it is hot! This is the way he will get his name out there...and dang it, I loved the original Untouchables.. and with Brian De Palma at the helm this movie is going to be HUGE!

(so excited I almost peeeeeeed! in me pants)

Hugs

Sancre

OMG! That is great, I love the whole gangster drama genre thing. It my favorite kinda of movies, and I loved "The Untouchables", so I bet this one will be great.

:claphands::claphands::claphands: I am thrilled for Gerry - this sounds like a FABULOUS movie and a great career move - but can I just throw another hissy fit :tantrum: because Variety AGAIN listed him as GERALD instead of GERARD!!! I mean really, is it THAT difficult to get his name right????

I couldn't believe it when I first read about the Untouchables! I was jumping all over the room and tears were running down my face. I am so over the moon for Gerry...finally, finally he's getting the recognition he deserves. He's the next action star for sure...he deserves all this and more...he's worked so hard to get where he is. Looks like he'll be filming back to back. Just can't get enough Gerry!

:claphands: :yippee: :inlove:

:omg2:Gerry.....in a suit.....and a fedora.....packing heat..... :spontaneous: :yummy::gerrygasm::heat: :tasty: :drool1: :spontaneous: :drool1::omg2: :spontaneous: :spontaneous: :tasty: :omg2::yummy::gerrygasm: :spontaneous: :heat::gerrygasm:

Issy

OMG!!! Well the roller coaster has begun.

I am so happy for Gerry.

He so deserves all this. But the poor boy

is going to be sooooo tired!! Hope he takes

good care of himself.

And Susan, I agree with you. Why the

heck cant they get his name right. :tantrum::confused:

Debbie

Edited by Trekkiegoober