Gerard Butler GALS

5/17 - Gerard Butler Joins Untouchables Prequel

I sent an e-mail to Elizabeth Guider at Variety about her last two articles spelling GeraRd as GeraLd. Here's her answer.

Thanks for pointing this. A terrible lapse on our part. Duly noted.

Elizabeth

--------------------------

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

Dee

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dee,

Glad you got that staightened away with Variety. After 300...you would at least think that she would have known it was Gerard!!!!! Job well done, Dee.

To think that I was upset that Gerry wasn't the next James Bond following in the foot steps of the greatest Bond, Sean Connery. This is a much meatier role for Gerry. Much better then the pretty boy role of 007. Even though we all know he would make a VERY handsome Bond. Which is why Sean left the Bond roles to act in more demanding parts. It paid off with an Academy award. Smart move. This will be a great movie for Gerry. I can see him now: strong, forceful and oh so commanding. He'll nail this one, as he does all of his roles. Congratulations Gerry on all of the movies you are going to do this year and next. Busy boy!! See you in the movies!!

Kathy :claphands:

I saw this first thing this morning...oh no! I wonder where that leaves Gerry? Someone mentioned Andy Garcia as Capone...I think he'd be amazing. Maybe now Gerry can do Watchmen.

:tantrum: :inlove:

no Nick Cage..uh-oh, I hope this means that Gerry is still on board for the role of Jimmy Malone. I would be so crushed if he wasnt in "Capone Rising"..its such a great movie for him.

I would like to see Joaquin Phoenix as Al Capone.

ohh me too! I luv Joaquin Phoenix....such a great actor and would make a fine Al Capone

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM "Ain't nothing wrong with Andy Garcia either" :kisswink:

:cunning: Fran

He would be fine, yeah... only it's supposed to be *cough*young*cough* Capone he'd be portraying - I mean, *not* saying that Andy Garcia is old, of course, he's only 43, that's by no means "old", at all, but think about this: when The Untouchables was filmed, Sean Connery was 20 years older than Gerry, k? Now, let's see...Bob De Niro, who was Capone in that movie, was 44 back then... so I'm not literally saying they should be casting a 24 year old, but at least someone in his early 30's, and, well, as someone already stated before, Joaquin Phoenix would be just dandy...he'll be 33 in October... :kisswink:

I'm glad he's getting the work I really am. Again, I will see anything that our dear boy is in w/out a doubt. I'm making a habit of being a bit negative w/his choices I know, but again, I'm on the fence w/this one. I heard about Nic Cage being in this movie a couple days ago and the first thing I thought was Who Cares. Little did I know that Gerry was connected. I think Nic Cage has a very shakey career right now. He has been batting very low w/his movie choices and to an extent I don't think he's taken as seriously as he used to be after he won the Oscar. It appeared that every role he took was a so called $$$ grab. Lets hope that w/this one he can redeem himself and in turn make a fan out of me. I'm all for Gerry doing this because it does sound like a good role, I'm just not into him co-starring w/Nic Cage.

Cassie

Well, wait until you read the latest on Cage's career move. Apparently, he has bowed out of Capone. Rumor is that he doesn't like to be upstaged by actors with more charisma (and a huge fan base) like GB. Of course, the "official" reason given is that "contract negotiations broke down". Yeah, sure, whatever.

We all know that Nic Cage would definitely be upstaged by Gerry...the true star of this movie! On another Google Alert today Clive Owen's name was mentioned as well as Sean Penn. I hope this movie isn't tanked like some of Gerry's others.

:claphands: :inlove:

Clive Owen ...YES...Sean Penn...NO! Now that would be a match of Hunkiness! CO and GB.....OMG!

:claphands: Fran..... OOPS..edited to say GB and CO...

Edited by ladyfran

I read about Nic Cage dropping out this morning and the first thing I thought was "good riddance". I'm telling ya, Nic Cage is not the hot star he likes to think he's. Once you do too many grab the cash movies w/no depth or direction the fans and the studios tend to not think of you so highly. He won an Oscar for cripes sake and all he has done since is crappy movies for the most part. If the rumors are true about him not liking to be upstage by actors with more charisma then good. Gerry would have blown his behind out of the water w/his acting. I'm just hoping if Gerry is going to do this that he doesn't just do the grab and run routine. Lets hope his choices are sound and he believes in them and in turn they do well.

Cassie