Gerard Butler GALS

5/31 - Lessons Learned From MTV Movie Awards Nominees For Best Fight

http://www.mtv.com/

Lessons Learned From MTV Movie Awards Nominees For Best Fight

Wrestler, cage fighter, '300' star enlighten us in the way of the rumble.

By Larry Carroll

Gerard Butler vs. the Uber-Immortal ("300")

Carlito: I've been nearly decapitated a few times. My opponents have definitely tried. The Uber-Immortal reminds me of a bigger wrestler — guys who are kinda dumb but tough to beat up. They're pretty much a walking wall, a walking tank. But, as we see here, if you keep trying, they'll eventually come down.

Faber: When Gerard Butler throws down with the Uber-Immortal, his moves are impressive. But he might have wanted to trade his sword in for a baseball bat. I'm not too great with a sword, but I can swing a bat. The decapitation's a good idea, because you should always go for the neck. The jugular? That's a good spot. A lot of my fights have ended in chokes.

Gerard Butler: You'd better not learn too much from my fight, unless you want to go to prison for decapitating somebody! If you do see some person, or something, that is twice the size of you, just run. It's always better to get the hell out of the way than to take on that fight. ... I had to do it because I was getting paid. I had to kill that guy. But in real life, if I had seen a guy that size? I'm outta there.

Catch the latest on the 2007 MTV Movie Awards, including exclusives from host Sarah Silverman, nominee and presenter announcements, photos, highlights from years past and much more at MovieAwards.mtv.com And don't forget to grab the popcorn and tune in to the big show when it airs live — for the first time ever! — Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.

:flee::lol: "But in real life, if I had seen a guy that size? I'm outta there"

You crack us up, Gerry!!

Oh and thanks for the reminder that the show is on Sunday night. Yikes! We're supposed to be at my cousin's graduation party that afternoon/evening. We'll use the kids as an excuse to cut out early so I can get home to see Gerry!!

Gerard Butler: You'd better not learn too much from my fight, unless you want to go to prison for decapitating somebody! If you do see some person, or something, that is twice the size of you, just run. It's always better to get the hell out of the way than to take on that fight. ... I had to do it because I was getting paid. I had to kill that guy. But in real life, if I had seen a guy that size? I'm outta there.

:funnyabove: :funnyabove: :funnyabove: :funnyabove: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It just pleases me that he's reasonable and knows when to bail out of situation. My hero! :inlove: Besides, don't want a bruise up the ole pretty mug now does he.

Cassie

:flee::lol: "But in real life, if I had seen a guy that size? I'm outta there"

You crack us up, Gerry!!

Oh and thanks for the reminder that the show is on Sunday night. Yikes! We're supposed to be at my cousin's graduation party that afternoon/evening. We'll use the kids as an excuse to cut out early so I can get home to see Gerry!!

:funnyabove: :rotflmao: Active99, A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do! Blame it on the kids!

If you do see some person, or something, that is twice the size of you, just run. It's always better to get the hell out of the way than to take on that fight.

I swear that sounds just like something my father would say..he cracks me up..but that piece of wisdom is totally true though, run for the hills..nothing wrong with saving your own skin.

AWWWWW ...he just doesn't wanna hurt 'em!!

:cunning: Fran.....Yay Sunday....we get to see Gerry!!!???

Edited by chachababy
Guest greyeyegoddess

Man, I hope I'm home by then. I have that other comic convention to be at this weekend, and I'm playing hostess again. Why right before Vegas this year??? WHY???

~alice

:music:

:funnyabove: :funnyabove: :funnyabove: :funnyabove: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I love this guy . . . he knows when to back off.
I'm going to admit to a "blonde" moment (and since I am a blonde - or not-so-much blonde anymore - it's OK). I nearly posted the question"What channel are they on?" :doh: Hmmmm...The MTV Movie Awards, wonder what channel they are on? :doh: Do I need to ask who is buried in Grant's Tomb as well??? :doh:

Hahahaha!!! :rotflmao: :funnyabove: :funnyabove:

Susan....who can think clearly when it comes to Gerry???!!! LOL!!!

You just gotta love the guy......just cause he's an actor doesn't mean he's lacking in common sense!!! :hmm2:

[/b]

LOL, reminds me of the line from "Maverick,"

"He who fights and runs away...can run away another day." :D

Yeeeeah, I'd probably think, "okay, that guy's huge...so he probably can't run that fast...FEET DON'T FAIL ME NOW!" *BOLTS*

~Mel

I'm going to admit to a "blonde" moment (and since I am a blonde - or not-so-much blonde anymore - it's OK). I nearly posted the question"What channel are they on?" :doh: Hmmmm...The MTV Movie Awards, wonder what channel they are on? :doh: Do I need to ask who is buried in Grant's Tomb as well??? :doh:

Susan,

:doh: That would be Cary Grant. Right? (Am I a blonde? I was when I was much younger and I will be again tomorrow!!)

I love Gerry's answer....run and outta there!!! Don't you just love this man???

Dee

Edited by Dee*s 2nd Childhood

will be watching Sunday I tried to vote today didn't get vote buttons on any but the first one. maybe its over. But I love the interview. hehee he knows not to mess up that Gorgeous face!!!! betts

The man is wise as well as gorgeous! A man for the new millenium!!

(Gerry Dear, there is also something to be said for sneak attacks! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!)

Suzie

Run, Gerry, Run. Wouldn't want any damages to that Gerriliscious bod. :kisswink:

So glad to hear Gerry is as smart as I know he is. His beautiful face is his livelyhood and he must protect it at all costs. I would think little of him if like some actors he went around trying to prove his manhood. He doesn't have to do that. He has no hang-ups in that regard. He's just plain smart. Good boy, Gerry!! :whome2:

Kathy

Or how long was the 100 Year War? :lol:

Actually susan it isn't that weird of a question because there are more than one MTV channels!