Gerard Butler GALS

'Love Letters from The Lair'

Guest pilaraquarius

Is THAT where he took off to!!!! Hmmm So ..what's going on Wednesday??...I guess that was ME talking to the statue heads...I tend to do that when I get lonely you know!!! I found a cool pic of G...

I just love the shadows in this one...almost like a B&W....

Posted Image

Good Gawwwwd, Debra!!!!!

First the luscious pics of Erik...now THIS!!!

(there outta be a law! That man is bad for our health! Pass the ciggie, PLEASE!)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this is my current favorite... I've missed this smile and I ain't letting it go so fast...he makes me smile....and that makes me feel really nice inside....kinda all warm and fuzzyish...just like the new siggies Pilar & Erica have...I could look at those all day....next best thing to being in G's backyard!!!! Pilar!....This Man is sooo good for our health!!!...Being Happy is as Healthy as you can get....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Debrasue

Mina...I saw your name on the program...cool!!! And it's a beautiful program also! Is someone going to record it? Are you going to perform in an Opera theater? I tried to make out La Comedia...it sounds funny with Gerry and Sean Penn....was this performed on the street there in Rome??? I sort of had a hard time making out what was going on ...but it looked like fun!!!

I missed all my Lair Gals...even the Virtual Gals left me...I need a Hug, Ladies!!!
And then I want to hear all about how much fun you all had...If it happened in Vegas I want to hear about it!!! Especially that other Phantom!...Do I have anything to worry about???Oh God!..You know how insecure I can get...I hate when that happens...I just wanna make sure I'm still loved...and I'm your favorite Phantom...your favorite Erik...I feel a tear starting to well up...then it's gonna turn into a gusher...then we'll have to get all Bethy's mop boys over here to mop up the tears...and you would like that wouldn't you? One Phantom isn't enough??? 'sniff'...oh geez, now my nose is runny...I hate when that happens too....I feel like I'm losing control over my life...who's writing this dialogue anyway? I write the scripts...I write the music...I write the songs that make the whole world sing... Ooops!...I mean cry!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Debrasue

Hello Everyone!!

We returned home from Vegas this afternoon. I had such a WONDERFUL time--the five days just went by all too quickly. I loved every minute spent with all of the "sisters" that I met. I just wish all of you had been there to share the experience.

I will let Swannie fill you in on all the details of the event--partly because she is so good at telling the

"stories" of our gatherings, and honestly, I am just too dog tired to write very much tonight. I walked

and walked to the max this ol' gal's body could go, and then I walked some more. So much to see and

do in what will probably be my only trip there. The convention was just marvelous, effecient, and beautifully done. All who worked so very hard deserve kudos, plus!!

The other highlight of my trip was the POTO stage show. I loved it and wasn't at all disappointed! I knew it wouldn't be Gerry, or Gerry's "Erik" and I was glad it wasn't an imitation of his portrayal. Live theater is very different from film, and this production certainly did not disappoint me. We were treated like royalty including a backstage tour and the chance to meet Anthony who was the "Phantom" for that performance. He went out of his way to answer our questions, pose for photos and sign our programs. I personally was pleased with his portrayal of the Phantom, and was glad he brought something different to the character. (I do have to add that to me, Gerry IS Erik, but I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't find myself constantly comparing the two.) I had no particular expectations, and thus, I just enjoyed it for what it was. I will attempt to put up a photo of myself with Tony. As I said earlier, I know Swannie will give you a much better "review" of our Phantom experience.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, I was having a great time!! I did miss all of you who weren't there and I am glad to be back here in our very own "Lair."

Judith of the Lair, Keeper of the Innocents

and Guardian of the Royal Pug

Posted Image

Edited by mommaduck

OMG!! Judy! I love the picture of you with Anthony! Lucky Lady! I sounds like you had a terrific time and I'm glad you got to go and share Gal time with the other ladies! Hey..Judy...your last sentence rhymed! I'm glad you got to see the Phantom show...I've heard it is very good...and that the guys who play the Phantom do an excellent job! You are so right.... you just can't compare the stage to the movie...two totally different things....and we know G was 'born' to play The Phantom in the movie! (at least in our minds!!) Hey!...Does that mean.... The Phantom of the Opera is There...Inside Our Minds??? He's there....the Phantom of the Operaaaa.....Oh my God...we're all possessed!!! LOL!!!

Mina...I saw your name on the program...cool!!! And it's a beautiful program also! Is someone going to record it? Are you going to perform in an Opera theater?

Nope, it's just a smaller auditorium, it's too short a programme (only a little over a hour) to be sung in a proper theatre.

I tried to make out La Comedia...it sounds funny with Gerry and Sean Penn....was this performed on the street there in Rome??? I sort of had a hard time making out what was going on ...but it looked like fun!!!

Hehehe, that was a joke... well, actually that would be great if it was made into a film for real, but this one is just me and a few friends having fun and "casting" actors we think might do well as such and such characters off Dante's "Divine comedy" if it was made into a movie (a trilogy, possibly: Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso...)... I tried to explain that here, but apparently my explanation was way too... unexplicative (!), suppose anybody in here got even the general gist of what I was rambling on about... :D

It's also nice to see some new faces in here! Welcome beachie... what took you so long?

Lair love to you all,

Swannie

I'm not sure why, it took so long. I've been hearing snips about this thread, but until Erica mentioned it downstairs in the gutter, I didn't know where it was. Her posts got me interested, but still no time to stop by. However, when I saw her beautiful Love Letters from the Lair video at the Virtual Con I was blown away.

I'm just quietly walking through to . . . :confused: I don't know. I think I've forgotten what is like to be in the Lair, under His spell.

Beachie whispers . . . It's so quiet, meditative, serene and wonderful down here. Alone, but not alone. You can feel His presence every where!

Edited by givemeabeach

madamina, your GERRYSOUP TRIUMPHANT! was incredible. I laughed so hard, I fell out of my chair! LMAO :claphands:

I'm so glad you posted it in the Virtual Con. After reading this thread and discovering what a hard time you had creating it, I am extremely glad that you stuck with it and were able to finish it! Wonderful, Wonderful! Or perhaps here in the Lair I should ay, Brava, brava, bravissima ...

Emily and Debrasue, I'm sorry I did not get a chance to thank you both for the lovely poetry you posted at the Virtual Con. They were very beautiful! The muse that generates such beauty is reflected in the words you write. :inlove:

Swan, I love the pictures of you and Nathan in Vegas. Were those pics from the Talent Show?

Mommaduck, it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Wow, a backstage tour :yippee:!! I love your pics. Anthony is dreamy! I hope you're now resting up from all the walking you did.

I look forward to hearing more about Vegas. Since I don't know most of you, I hope you will post names with the pictures you post from the convention.

givemeabeach

Edited by givemeabeach

Dear Lair GALS, and all visitors, who we welcome with open arms. As most of you know, I just returned from the Vegas Convention yesterday. I slept so hard last night in my own bed, and this morning, for some reason, every muscle in my body aches. I guess it's from all the walking we did. You can eat anything and everything you want in Las Vegas, because you WILL walk it all off! Everywhere you go in that town, even in your own hotel, requires a loooooooooooooooooooooooong walk!

So, needless to say, I am very tired and sore.

The best part of the trip for me, was of course seeing all the GALS I met last year again, and meeting the GALS who were new to the convention this year. I had such a great time putting the names with faces.

But truly, the highlight for me was my son having such a wonderful time meeting all the ladies, hanging out with his official GAL girlfriend, Diana..... and just enjoying life. As a mom, I could have asked for nothing more.

Now.... about the Phantom. First of all, I wish all you Lair GALS could see the theater in Vegas where the Phantom is shown. Walking into the auditorium that night was unforgettable. The iconic moment for me was when the Phantom's theater is restored to its former glory; the organ chords literally shake the walls, and the chandelier rises above our heads, rotates in five glorious disks of light and crystal, finally lining up to become one glimmering, spectacular chandelier.

That was the moment that brought the most tears from my eyes and took my breath away.

Debra..... did you think that ANY other Phantom could steal my heart from Gerry's Phantom.....? I wondered too if that might happen upon seeing the show live again. After all, it was Gerry's Phantom who stole my heart from Michael Crawford's Phantom!

But no..... my heart and soul are still with the Phantom, created and lived on film by our Mr Butler.

Let me say that the opinions I am about to share ARE just one opinion.... mine. I am no expert, I am not even a critic, I can only be honest about my own feelings and responses to Anthony's interpretation of Erik.

The man is a fine, trained and skilled actor. He definitely gave the role his own individual flair and was quite good at showing us the Phantom's mental illness..... he did not however, MOVE me. I never did feel his soul... and therefore, I never felt the Phantom's soul.

As a child of live musical theater, I am very aware of the differences between live theater and film, and I understand the constraints actors in theater are under, to portray in-depth emotion. For me, Michael Crawford conveyed a depth of character and emotion in his live performance, but Antony's performance felt only skin deep. The other quality I truly missed in the Las Vegas Phantom, was a certain virility, sexuality and sensuality that truly rocked my world when I saw the show in the early 90s. I understand, that is not the direction Anthony took his Phantom, and that is okay.... but it just did not speak to me.

I cannot really compare Gerry's portrayal to any other..... but our Erik need not fear, HIS Phantom can NEVER be replaced by another.

Gerry was not merely acting..... he was BEING the Phantom.

The tricks, special effects and staging of the Las Vegas Spectacular were.... spectacular, but I hated the way they impaled PONR by shortening it down to nothing.... and there were other changes from the original stage show that I did not care for.... but it was a worthwhile experience, and the live orchestra in surround sound was unbelievable.

We did have a thorough tour backstage, and Anthony spent a great deal of time meeting every single person in our group and answering questions. He is a very charming and gracious man who values the Phantom's loyal phans. I confess, I was not feeling well that night, and could not get up on my feet to have my picture taken with him, but Bill did! I can't wait to see all the photos!

Seeing the show was a beautiful experience that cannot compare to the impact Gerry's Phantom has had on my life, but I do hope that you all will have the chance to see it live someday.

Swannie

Swansong GAL: Lady of the Lair,

'Guardian of the Master's Dreams'

And Willing OCPA Sufferer

Posted Image

I shall repeat: Swannie spoke for me as well, and did so in her usual eloquent fashion. The

entire PHANTOM show experience was just a lovely memory for me to include in my very

own personal "Lair" inside my head. BUT, Gerry need not worry, no one will EVER really

BE the Phantom, except him. As Swannie said, Gerry WAS the Phantom, heart and soul,

and it shows. AND the best part, we have more than a memory, we can see it over and

over again whenever we want to "go there" via DVD.

Judy

Posted Image
Yes....Sometimes our Erik does have moments of insecurity...
But with Time, Love & Care...these demons will fade into obscurity...
We have felt his heartbreak...we have seen (in his mind)... the cause of all his painful emotion....
But we will always be here to help him correct that twisted distortion...
So...Dear Erik...
No need for fear... or worry....our Love for you is True...
No other Phantom has your Heart, your Soul, your Charm, your Grace...
No other Angel of Music could ever take your place....
Because we knew...
We could not help but Love you...
Posted Image
The first time ever we saw...
Your Beautiful Face!

Posted Image

Edited by Debrasue

Here's the pic of MC? and G....posted originally in Virtual Con...Share your favorite Gerry picture....page #8...they say it's not a manip...supposedly taken at the London Premier of POTO.....is MC that much taller than Ger?.....looks suspicious...

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...t&p=1038345

You can click them...

Posted Image

Edited by Debrasue

Deb... that is not MC...this is:

Posted Image

and this is very recent:

Posted Image

He is tall, but not taller than Gerry. I don't know who that gentleman is in the photo you posted.

Edited by Swansong

Posted originally in the Virtual Con thread in the Vegas Con Section. had to look around for it there....I thought it looked a little 'suspicious' ...!..... kind of a 'funky' looking photo tho....I only know what the young MC looked like from years ago... I don't even recognize him in any of these current pictures....Why would any one even claim it was MC???? That doesn't make sense to me, either! After comparing the two photos...they are definitely two different guys!!

I think this will link to the Virtual Con thread ..

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...t&p=1038345

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...t&p=1038177

Edited by Debrasue

Hello fellow Lair GALS!

Wow, haven't been here in awhile all thanks to my upcoming high school graduation and finals LOL. Well, as promised, here are the pics of my POTO painting.

Posted Image

Details of Painting

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maiden of Creativity-

Guardian and Keeper of all the master's fine art masterpieces,

And his artistic apprentice

Aya!!! This is so beautiful!!!! You have created and amazing work of art....thank you for decorating the Lair with it!...The details are incredible! In the sleeves...the shadows and light.... Erik's eyes...his mouth...you can almost here him singing "No One Would Listen"!! You really did put a lot of Love and Energy into this painting...and you captured Erik nicely...his expression....his hand & the rose...the background....I love looking at this.....You know..eaach one of your closeup detail shots would make excellent prints!!! You're gonna have the Gals going nuts over this painting Aya!!!! Hope you don't mind if I save this to my computer...just to look at when ever I want....You are truly an Artist & I'm honored that you shared your work with us!!!

Oh!...And Congratualtions!!! On your graduation!! You must be really excited!!!

Edited by Debrasue
Yeah! I am...I mean this has been by far the most important year of my life, with my blossoming into a full blown pro artist to graduating. I couldn't be happier.....actually I could if I could see Gerry again LOL but alas, I have to wait till he shows up again near my neck of the woods.
Guest pilaraquarius

I missed all my Lair Gals...even the Virtual Gals left me...I need a Hug, Ladies!!!

And then I want to hear all about how much fun you all had...If it happened in Vegas I want to hear about it!!! Especially that other Phantom!...Do I have anything to worry about???Oh God!..You know how insecure I can get...I hate when that happens...I just wanna make sure I'm still loved...and I'm your favorite Phantom...your favorite Erik...I feel a tear starting to well up...then it's gonna turn into a gusher...then we'll have to get all Bethy's mop boys over here to mop up the tears...and you would like that wouldn't you? One Phantom isn't enough??? 'sniff'...oh geez, now my nose is runny...I hate when that happens too....I feel like I'm losing control over my life...who's writing this dialogue anyway? I write the scripts...I write the music...I write the songs that make the whole world sing... Ooops!...I mean cry!!!

Posted Image

Awwwwww..that's wonderful, Deb! We all know that Erik cries at the drop of a hat...LOL! (Probably G, too.). He's got NOTHING to worry about. The most breathtaking Phanotm EVER...was portrayed by Gerard Butler.

Well..Aya.....you know someday you might have a showing...in a Gallery...and maybe G might show up...and maybe he'll see this painting of himself as Erik and just have to have it!!! And of course he would love to meet the Artist personally....and maybe he'll decorate his Manhattan Apt with it....or his Malibu Home....or he'll give it to his Mum for Mother's day...then another Artist will see it and say "I've got to meet this woman...this Artist!!!" And of course he owns his own Gallery of Masterpieces and he will not be happy unless he shows your work...and then a Prince form Monaco..or somewhere sees you in the Gallery....and he falls in Love with you....and wants to buy your paintings...and then some of your paintings are sold at charity fundraisers....and you meet all kinds of different artists .....and how would You like this Dream to go?......LairGal...your life...your adventure.... is just beginning!!

Edited by Debrasue

:claphands::claphands: Ayashinoselene!! Your paintings are magnificant...You're very talented and I hope to see more of your work! Thank you for sharing with us.

:wave: Fran

Ayashinoselene - CONGRATS ON YOUR GRADUATION!!! :claphands: :claphands: :claphands: And your painting is wonderful, you're really talented!!

As for myself, in ten hours I'll be siniging in the end-of-season concert, and, of course, my parents, who have been visiting me in the past week, decided to leave *before* that. Then guess why I feel so depressed - they've never *ever* come and listen me singing. Now the only support I have left is from the Phantom of the Opera (who's there inside my mind etc - but barely a real person, now, let's face it.) and from Erw, who's not *here* either, as he's in London singing his DG, but has been sweet enough to remember of my little concert and say "hey, check the timing: we'll probably be singing the same quartet at the same time!!!" as he's singing tonight, too... and I was absolutely :rotflmao: yesterday as the BBc Radio3 presenter was interviewing him, when he dared to say something along the lines of "I can't see any seh'cksay in Don Giovanni..." and I was like, w00t?? you kidding, aren't you??

So sorry your parents aren't going to hear you sing! Wish I could hear!!! And Erwin (AS DG of course!!) is just a little on the seh'cksey side....I can see it!!! LOL! I think it's kinda sweet he would say that tho!!!

Well...as long as we're on the subject of seh'cksey...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Debrasue