Gerard Butler GALS

Unsolicited or disconcerting PM's or Emails

Actually you can research a IP. http://www.ipligence.com/mailtrace/

But a advice... you better not reply at all. Now your email is marked as a valid one, and they will keep coming with new scams. Just block every email address he sends and don't open them. Don't have any personal data in your computer like credit card number or bank account number, real address or name. You should also have several email addresses so that you can use them for different occasions. For instance, I opened an email account only to be used in the GB Foruns. I recommend the use of Hotmail, because they can't track your IP with this one.

Hugs

CQ

Edited by Celtiberic Queen
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I was totally duped by Leo. :crybaby: That's what I call him. Leonard Jones is Leo for me. Anyway, I met him on a Gerry Fan Yahoo group. Said he was a cousin of Gerry's from Gerry's father's side (the real father). :confused: Was not sure what to believe. I liked the email card he sent to the group and thanked him for it. Just being friendly to a new comer. That is were all my troubles began..... He hooked me, so to speak. Caught like a freaking fish!

Well, long story short, I had caught onto him. He knew it, but still contacted me via Instant messenger or email. I have one or two I saved, for reminder on what does happen out there. If I should forward them on to the moderator here, I will be glad to. If this helps you all put an end to the troubles, I will do my duty, so to speak.... LOL.

If the moderators need full details, I will email or PM them personally and privately. Never did I think that I would be so stupid.... :wall: I really thought I was above that nonsense. :embarassed: Oh well, let me know if I should do anything at this point. I really think :needhug:

:hugsnkisses: :hugs:

I'm so sorry, Happy Gerry Girl. Don't feel bad about being duped...it could happen to anyone. I just hope he did not damage you financially.

We GALS are happy to give you a big cyber hug. You'll move past this.... and with PS I Love You coming up soon, you really will be a Happy Gerry Girl!

Swannie

Happy Gerry Girl - please forward anything you still have on this person to info@gerardbutlergals.com. This is the email that is being used to collect all evidence of the fraud this man has tried to perpetrate on Gerry fans on this site and others.

And here is a big :hug99: for you! (I was looking for the group hug icon and it seems to have been lost)

Gerry Girl! Thank you for being so willing to share your information with the admins!

It takes courage to make your admissions. I hope you find support and comfort here!

Posted Image

Spot

Hi Jodie, I'm not sure if we've ever met....but :wave:

I want to echo what Spot said....and I hope you do find a place here that is free from vultures like the one you encountered!

Posted Image

Sue

Gerry Girl, please don't feel bad about being taken in. Such sharks are well practiced and it isn't always easy to detect just what they're about until it's too late. Your help in trying to stop this predator is to be commended.

I have to say this, and I hope no one takes offense to the language, but people just suck sometimes, why do something like that to someone, do they get some sort of cheap thrill off of it?? I feel for anyone whose feelings were hurt by the person that did this, I wonder if they realize what effect they have on people they do this too.

Those that would prey on innocent people like this, and do it repeatedly and methodically, really don't care how they hurt the people they victimize. All they care about is getting what they want and the damage they cause in the process means absolutely NOTHING to them. They will hide behind fake names, fake companies, fake churches, anything that they think will draw people in and make themselves APPEAR to be good people worthy of your trust and confidence. I won't go so far as to say that people suck because in general most people I have come in contact with in this life have been good, generous, wonderful people, but those who victimize others do suck. Scum of the earth is what they are.
I have been observing the development of this, and I am simply appalled by that guy's behavior. I am lucky enough to not have received any letters, but I still feel for those other GALS who were unfortunate to receive them. When I read a copy of one of the emails on this threat, I automatically detected so many red flags on it. To those that actually fell for that guy's trick, it's not your fault, it is easy for those types of individuals to take advantage of your trust. I have to be specially cautious of such things since after a friend of mine was being stalked by an online stalker, I know how scary and horrible that can be.

I have not received any of the emails. It is unfortunate that some people have nothing better to do than deceive other people and cause pain. I suppose the more popular Gerry gets the more crazy people will be out there causing havoc for his fans.

geara

Judging from my own experience, I think it's more about the challenge of hooking us in, whatever their agenda may be, it's a game.... they look for your weakness, and if you give them the slightest indication of vulnerability, they swoop in on that and say whatever they think is going to convince you of their love, or whatever, to form some kind of "relationship" with you, so that when the time comes to con you out of your money, you are totally caught off-guard--or, that's what they are hoping for.

My online stalker, who went by the name of JASPER, (his email was <Patrick Ijeh> jasper_022003@hotmail.com), had an interesting ploy: he wanted to send ME money, at first; he wanted to send me a check for $10,000.00 and have me cash it into US dollars and mail it back to him. I flipped out at this. So he decreased the amount of the whole "check" idea to $5,000.00, stating that he was only joking about the ten-thousand. He said that this was necessary so that he could purchase a passport and airline tickets. I then asked him to explain how that made any sense at all, as I assumed that he was just trying to get me to launder money for him, or something. That's when I blocked him the first time.

But, he would not give up. He kept emailing me these unbelievable letters of love (I hung on to them, at first, but after all was said and done, I deleted everything associated with the guy, but these letters were just --WOW-- knocked my socks off,) begging to meet me. Despite my flip comments, like "my husband can't WAIT to meet you!", he insisted that he never loved anyone else like this before, and he would "have" me, no question about it, because the moment I saw him and knew who he "really" was, I would fall in love with him, too. For a bit, I wondered...... but then he started up the CHECK-business again, and I tried to block him the second time. One nasty virus later, he wrote me another email, apologizing, claiming that someone had emailed it to him and it subsequently went to all his contacts, me included. I knew that was BS, and I think he knew I knew it was, too. But he kept it up, even though I flat out told him that I refused to even touchhis supposed check. After that, the whole trapped-in-Nigeria-thing happened, and that's when he asked ME for money.... You all know the rest from my previous posts.

All in all, this guy was not terribly smooth... but his love letters were very, very heart-breaking. Everytime I thought about it, I asked myself why someone I didn't even know, who I had not harmed in any way, would target me like this in such a cold, calculating manner..... leading me to believe that I was queen of the world to him, all the while plotting to con me. That's pretty messed up. In the end, I wrote him an email telling him how this made me feel, and that I felt sorry for him. I told him that I was so fortunate to have REAL people in my life who love & care about me, and that I must be in a better place in life than him, if this is how he brings in an income. He did not reply.

Oh DC I got ones like that with the money I delete them I have blocked this guy out so far so good. I also get constant e mails where I have won lotterys from UK and England and I have not entered anything like it I keep sending them to aol spam. This creep, this pervert is the pits, if Gerry knew about this maybe he could do something about it to help. I know he would not want anything associated like this with him at all. I know he don't use his name but implys its him. too bad he can't get involved some way then it would stop but my daughter is a lawyer and she said the FBI has to get in on it to stop it. so I hope its being turned over to them. since he is out of the country or not . Anyway I can sympathize with all us GALS that have had this mail he is a pain in the you know what. I would like to tellhim to stick it where the sun don't shine. xoxo Betts

Thanks for that, Betts... :wave: I never watch the news or read the newspaper, (for a good reason, believe it or not), but if I did, I probably would have avoided someone like him in the first place! I did some checking and there seems to be some kind of scandal centering around Nigeria.... when one of the other ladies mentioned something about "that Nigerian-scam," it jolted me because I hadn't heard anything about that until now.

No wonder "Jasper, a.k.a Patrick IJEH" freaked out when I asked him if his last name was Nigerian. :D It is, in fact. But I did some checking, and it turns out that these people (Nigerian?) pretend to be from Europe or the US, and they fool people into recieving a phony cashier's check (or stolen credit card,) through Western Union for a large amount of money, all in the pretense of starting a new business with a NEW FRIEND, or whatever the scam is for that person--LOVE, too, I suppose. They ask their victims to cash these for them, you know--deposit the check into your bank account--and then mail the cash back, or certain expensive packages that they've conned you into purchasing for them.

What happens is that the phony cashier's check bounces, but it's too late by then, because the criminals already have your money or purchased items. There was even a case on one of those televised Court TV shows where one sister was suing another because she talked the Plaintiff sister into depositing one of these fake checks into her account, and when the check was returned, it bankrupted her! Anyway, they did a Dateline or 20/20 expose' on the subject...... pretty sad, indeed.

BUT, yes, I think Gerry Butler would be horrified if he knew that certain nasty individuals were using his persona to defraud some of his adoring fans! I still have an HTML print-out that I got from one of "Jasper's" viruses, where his name was -literally- included in the code up and down the error log. I wish I could use that to catch the miserable #@*%!!! :confused:

DC,

You are not alone in this growing problem. It's a terrifying experience for any of us that have gone through it. The first step in tracking these people down is for a formal complaint to be filed. It's classified under fraud. I believe someone else in the thread mentioned that the F.B.I. would have to get involved and that is correct. I'm quite sure that the people that Gerard has looking out for his interests have been made aware and are taking the necessary steps to make this stop.

I feel horrible that you experienced this and I too know this feeling firsthand. Unfortunately there are those people who prey on others who show any kind of heart be in on the computer or in person. It speaks volumes for your character Dreami, that you were moved by the pleas of this person. While you can allow it to become a lesson learned, please don't let it take that beautiful heart.

I've learned this lesson in one of the most costly of ways, much more than money, and I allowed it to harden me in many many ways. One has to be careful about what and whom they allow in their lives and around the loved ones that we hold dear. This kind of tragedy has made me into the person I am today, however, I am far wiser and stronger for it.

All I can do is encourage you and others who have had to deal with this kind of thing to not hesitate to contact local authorities regarding this kind of fraud and stalking in order to take the first steps in bringing it to a halt. It is my sincerest hope that because of the warnings here, no one in the GALS community will fall prey to this pathetic, piteous individual again.

DC,

You are not alone in this growing problem. It's a terrifying experience for any of us that have gone through it. The first step in tracking these people down is for a formal complaint to be filed. It's classified under fraud. I believe someone else in the thread mentioned that the F.B.I. would have to get involved and that is correct. I'm quite sure that the people that Gerard has looking out for his interests have been made aware and are taking the necessary steps to make this stop.

I feel horrible that you experienced this and I too know this feeling firsthand. Unfortunately there are those people who prey on others who show any kind of heart be in on the computer or in person. It speaks volumes for your character Dreami, that you were moved by the pleas of this person. While you can allow it to become a lesson learned, please don't let it take that beautiful heart.

I've learned this lesson in one of the most costly of ways, much more than money, and I allowed it to harden me in many many ways. One has to be careful about what and whom they allow in their lives and around the loved ones that we hold dear. This kind of tragedy has made me into the person I am today, however, I am far wiser and stronger for it.

All I can do is encourage you and others who have had to deal with this kind of thing to not hesitate to contact local authorities regarding this kind of fraud and stalking in order to take the first steps in bringing it to a halt. It is my sincerest hope that because of the warnings here, no one in the GALS community will fall prey to this pathetic, piteous individual again.

Posted Image to you Iliessa, Christina and Jodie! I'm so sorry for all that you have been through. I belonged to another Gerry site where I believed an individual was Gerry and got my feeling deeply hurt too.....so I also know. But I am so grateful for Dayna and all the admins and mods here that they are right on top of this sort of thing. So I feel that will NOT happen here.

Sue

DC,

Thank you so much, Iliessa, that is very kind of you to say--and you, too, Irish! I am SO sorry that you've had to learn that same lesson in the worst way, like me. I feel for both of you, because there is nothing more crushing ~humiliating~ than to be fooled by someone for the sake of love or admiration. I really DID feel sorry for the guy in the beginning, because at first he just seemed so lonely, he told me how he had been betrayed by someone he loved with all his heart (ironic), and I felt that I should be kind and at least hear him out...!

But, like you said, I AM far wiser and stronger for it. But it's not been easy. He started this crap nearly a year ago, and I still have never understood why he persisted so much like he did, when I was so adamantly clear about my feelings for him--or lack, thereof. I couldn't have been more blunt or rude, yet he kept telling me over and over that he wanted to die if he couldn't "have" me. Stupidly, I found this at the very least FLATTERING--even more so when he resorted to hinting at being Gerard Butler, telling me that he keeps all my letters & website pictures close to him... stuff like that. And when it all turned out to be an elaborate lie, while being a brainless scam, I kind of "lost" myself for a bit.... it's hard to explain, but I felt like the most insignificant person in the entire world! Even though my husband and sons applauded me for out-smarting the guy--it just wasn't enough consolation.

But thanks to all of you for your advice and caring, because talking about it has helped to heal the awful wound that "Jasper" left me with. On my MSN Live Messenger, he is BLOCKED forever, but I gave him a special nick-name..... something that makes me smile every time I see it. :cunning:

• 2 months later...

EEE-GAD!! These are HORRIFIC!!!

*Our Father, who art in Heaven*

*Hallowed be Thy name...............*

Pammie I think its time we send out our vampires if this Dbag as I would like to call him is bothering people again.

Paige :wave:

Guest DonnaKat

Ladies, I'm sure most of you are already aware of this, but romance scams are a BIG business. Not only do they impersonate celebrities, but everyday people as well. I had a Nigerian scam artist try to dupe me by posing as a regular guy from Chicago. He used profile pictures and everything (it was through a dating site). After chatting with him, I came to the conclusion that he probably snagged some poor guy's real pictures from a real dating profile (what I wouldn't do to find the REAL person behind those pictures, to let him know what happened).

Anyway, I reported him to the administrators and blocked him from contacting me. But in the end, unfortunately, there really isn't a lot the authorities can do. These scam artists are located all over the world, they usually work from internet cafes, and change locations many times so they can't be tracked. Oftentimes they work in groups. I noticed when I was chatting with him (I already knew by this time he was a fraud), every time I would stump him, he would wait before responding. My guess is, I was dealing with not one guy but a group of people, and they were collaborating together to try to fool me. So instead of corresponding with some lovestruck man, you might in fact be dealing with a group of people - maybe even women.

There's a site called Romance Scams . They have a world of information, including stolen pictures used by scammers. The best defense against this sort of thing is knowledge...and don't forget to listen to your gut instinct, because it's seldom wrong.

I don't know if any of you heard about this , but it made the national news...and it happened right in my back yard.

I don't know if any of you heard about this , but it made the national news...and it happened right in my back yard.

That whole story has me enraged. First, the mother of the other girl has no remorse at all and second, what the hell kind of mother does that to a child? What is she teaching her own babies about the way of the world and how you should deal with life in general? I cannot stand it. Sorry excuse. All I can say is that Karma is a betch. That is why I monitor everything my son does even though he doesn't know I do it. Thankfully, he is a smart 13 yr. old.