Gerard Butler GALS

Your first time...

Guest greyeyegoddess

Attila was it for me, but I guess it wasn't strong enough, because I didn't do my research. I caught up with Gerry's work again, a few years later. But I loved Attila, and watch it when I can.

~alice

:music:

My mom and I first saw him in movies Timeline and TR2 but we did not do research until we saw POTO. I had to make her see that. :funnyface:

Everyone knows ...I'm an Attila Girl!! When I first saw him I was just as much of a goner than as I am now! Maybe even a little bit more....I wish he would do another Attila type movie for the big screen.....Some of the stuff that I'm reading about that I guess he's gonna be doing is.........well let's just say not my cup of tea! Oh I'll watch anything he does but I soooo wish we could get another Rough and tough but gentle and sexy movie out of him.... :cunning:

:inlove: Fran :attila: Oh yeah Attila is my guy!

My mom and I first saw him in movies Timeline and TR2 but we did not do research until we saw POTO. I had to make her see that. :funnyface:

The funny thing is I remember hearing about all his movies before he did POTO, but for whatever reason never did see any of them..probably because I just don't go to the movies all THAT often, but being such a POTO fan already I made sure I saw this one, and the rest--as they say--is HISTORY!! I've now seen almost all of the movies he's ever made, and I still occasionally shake my head in bewilderment as I wonder how I could have missed becoming aware of him sooner.. :confused: ..I mean, think of all the drool time I missed out on! :tasty:

First movie I saw him in was Reign of Fire but sadly didn't notice him until seeing him in Phantom of the Opera the second time I watched it. What was I thinking? :confused: Then of course, after checking online to see what else he'd been in saw that he was in Tomb Raider and Timeline. I know it's the way he tends to be a chameleon with his roles..never looks the same in any of them. Now that is talent!!

First movie I saw him in was Reign of Fire but sadly didn't notice him until seeing him in Phantom of the Opera the second time I watched it. What was I thinking? :confused: Then of course, after checking online to see what else he'd been in saw that he was in Tomb Raider and Timeline. I know it's the way he tends to be a chameleon with his roles..never looks the same in any of them. Now that is talent!!

Welcome Joan,

It was Reign of Fire for me as well. I am guilty though (sadly) of not recognizing him from movie to movie at first- it wasn't until the credits of POTO that I realized it was him ( thinking the Phantom was hot through the whole movie :doh: ) welll now your addicted you poor thing! :cunning:

Di

For me it was POTO. I had never heard of Gerry before. The scene where he was leading Chrissy down the corridor made me breathless. I was thinking who is that gorgeous man with half of his face hidden in a mask. After the movie I googled his name and saw what he looked like. I have never been the same as before. :mopboyerik:

The first time I ever heard of him was on the message boards of author Karen Marie Moning. He's verra popular there!!! The girls there kept talking about GB, so I decided to check him out, whoever he was. Am I ever glad I did! :D The first movie I rented was Dear Frankie (which I absolutely LOVE), then POTO. I was in love then and there!

The first time I saw him was in Reign of Fire; I was home recovering from the flu and did an On Demand rental of the movie. I kept thinking, "Damn, who is that guy with the Scottish accent?" I thought he was SO GORGEOUS, and his voice just really got to me. So I wrote down his name, though it didn't ring any bells with me, but recognized him at the video store when I picked up a copy of Timeline. So I watched that, and still really (really) liked him. But when I saw him in Attila, I was a goner. After that, I began actively looking for his movies. I purchased Frankie online, then Beowulf, then Phantom, and then I began seeing trailers for 300. At first, I didn't pay too much attention, but my guy was really hot to see it. I was shocked when I realized the Spartan King, with his rippling muscles and steely gaze, was Gerry! So we went to the theater and saw it three times (just nothing like seeing it on the big screen), and now we own the DVD, and I can't wait to see all the films he's working on now. There are still some of his movies I haven't seen, like Shooters and The Game of Their Lives, but I figure it's just something to look forward to! The guy is just totally amazing. And what is it about him that makes you feel like you know him?? Like he's an old friend?? Weird.

Well I actually had seen Reign of Fire when it first came to dvd, and I didnt notice him cuz I honestly didnt care for the movie much. And I happen to have seen TR2 in theaters, and I did remember that I liked Gerry ALOT in it, but it still didnt compell me enough to look him up (I still to this day kick myself for not looking him up, just for curiosity sakes sooner than I did.)

But as luck would have it, I saw Phantom in April 2005...and I see him for the first time in that...and it was just BAM! I was so blown away and utterly moved by his performance, that I was just like 'thats it, I have to know who this guy is'..and Ive been a devoted fan ever since. And Ive seen most of the movies hes ever done, and he is so facsinating to study and how he dissapears in each role he does is unlike anything Ive ever seen.

My first Gerry movie was "MRS BROWN." I didn't really think much about the character or

the actor at the time. It was in a theater so HOW DID I NOT NOTICE???

When I say "ATTILA" in the tv guide I remember thinking "why would anyone want to

see a movie about the "HUNS!!" I was thinking of the Disney character Huns--from

MULAN--not very sexy looking I might add. So I missed out on that!!!

Then I didn't go see POTO at the theater until February '05!! Just kept putting it off.

I was smitten as soon as I saw the top of Gerry's head through the hole in the floor!!

I came home and got on the computer, found GB.net, and the rest is history. I did

manage to see the movie 7 more times in the theater.

My next movie was "Tomb Raider" which was still playing on one of our cable channels.

That was a GREAT way to discover Mr. Butler--looking like, well--Mr. Butler!!! Oh

those were great days, at that!!

Judy

My mom and I first saw him in movies Timeline and TR2 but we did not do research until we saw POTO.

I had to make her see that.(My edit) :funnyface:

ALL mums should be so lucky, Paige! :kiss:

My sister in law kept insisting I should see a dvd she had aquired recently, and so I did. It was POTO...

:thudstars: :cunning: :inlove: :tasty: :heat::pant::pointy:

I immediatly searched and found LOADS of info, - AND fans! A short time later I bought the special doubble disc version, - searched some more...and decided on GALS. I've never looked back, LOVE it here! :pointy:

And of course I have now seen loads more, but still more to see. I love having more to look forward to, and the man is sooo talented, funny and HUMAN, - got to love him! AND good looks too... :cunning:

The first time I saw Gerry was in D2K. I thought he was very hot, but then promptly forgot about him. STOOPID ME!!!! :boink: I missed out on almost 4 years of prime Gerry worship! :tissues: Well, I'll tell ya, never again!

I saw him on TV as Attila and thought to myself....Wow what an amazing actor, and DAM he is hot!!

And saw him in few other things and totally feel for in Phantom of the Oprea.

KAMI

Edited by Kami-Witch

Hey! I'm new to the forum and a new fan. I've always known who he was but he never really grabbed my attention. The moment I saw the trailer for 300 I couldn't wait to see it because I loved Sin City. Then you know how it goes. I became obsessed. With the help of my sister who then crammed POTO down my throat. For years I have loved Joaquin Phoenix, (hence the name), and now Gerry, they are both in my #1 spot. :inlove:

I thought this thread was about something else... :lol:

The show that made you say OMG who is that guy?

Actually, I believe I said in utter confusion, "Gerard Butler? Who the hell is Gerard Butler?" :lol: I was a huge Phantom fan and that was right after I heard he'd been cast as The Phantom in the movie. Then I looked him up on IMDB and rented Dracula 2000. I thought he was a good actor, but I became a fan because I liked him in interviews.

The first movie I really saw him in - Dracula 2000.

I do recall seeing the trailers for both Reign of Fire and Timeline in the theater. I surfed pass Attila one afternoon, but I got distracted and did not go back. It was the scene when he was reaching out to N'Kara face. I recognized it later. When I saw the trailer for ALW's PotO and thought he was Antonio Banderas. Well, that wasn't true. So I had to see who this Gerard Butler was. I saw Dracula 2000 in his filmology. We had that in a dresser drawer. Husband had recorded it from HBO.

What a beautiful man!

Sharon

Edited by aprilxxi

I remember seeing POTO trailer in a theater and had to own it, as I have been a POTO music fan for years and years. So for mothers day 2005 or 06, my boys bought me POTO. I watched it once or twice and liked it. Then about a month ago the Hallmark channel had POTO on and I watched it again and really paid attention to the Phantom. I thought he was the sexiest man I had ever saw and had to know more about Gerard Butler. Went on the Internet and found out as much as I could about this man.

Which lead me to GALS, I became a member and the rest is history. I have watched and re-watched all the video's in the multimedia section and he won me over with his personality and stunning good looks.

Now I have to say I am the proud owner of Phantom, 300, Dear Frankie and Beowulf and Grendal. I will be adding Attila soon(I have it on order) and Dracula in the future. I even scour the cable channels hoping to catch a movie of GB's. I saw Dracula on cable a few weeks ago and was thrilled.

For me, it began in the spring of 2004 when I was channel-surfing and saw part of Attila on TV. I watched because I'm very interested in history, though I knew the film wasn't exactly accurate. I wasn't all OMG over the lead actor, but he made a pretty good impression...enough that I looked him up on the IMDB during a commercial break.

I might have paid a bit more attention to him if a family member hadn't gotten sick the next morning. She was violently ill and it turned out to be something much more serious. The actor playing Attila was totally forgotten until early December.

I've loved The Phantom of the Opera since hearing the original cast recording in 1988. So, I was eager for the movie and I was excited to see the trailer on-line. I looked up the cast on IMDB and the reference to Attila rang a bell.

The first time I saw Gerry was Dracula 2000 :mopboydracula: , and he had my attention from the word go,( well once he wasn't so greyish lol! )! Then when he seduces that chic and they float to the ceiling I was like... Mmm - Mmm - Mmm! Thas a man!!!! A few months later I say him in Attila on the history channel, and thats when I thaught.....

"I'm In Love!! Lord help me!!!!" :hearts: I already owned D2000, but puchased Attila asap, and everything I've come across since then. The only movies I don't own are his early ones I missed, and Beowolf & Grendel, which I WILL remedy asap!

SMMJ, Holly :butterfly: :ohbaby2:

Edited by Holly