Gerard Butler GALS

Coming Attractions!

Im will work it out somehow. Dont be surprised if I cant find a dress that I show up in a tux, some wingtips and a fedora loL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im will work it out somehow. Dont be surprised if I cant find a dress that I show up in a tux, some wingtips and a fedora loL

OMG!! That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! ....great minds....!! i'm tellin' ya!! But don't forget the moustache!! ;)

Okay if you dress like a old school pimp in your zoot suit can I be your foxy lady? We can work on the strut later. :dance:

Cassie

OMG!! That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! ....great minds....!! i'm tellin' ya!! But don't forget the moustache!! ;)

Or I could be your bi-atch I'm flexible! :D

Cassie

Or I could be your bi-atch I'm flexible! :D

Cassie

Cassie/Landa - see PMs

I'm in! What a great idea! Gerry is full of style & we can have a great tribute convention to him! I better start looking for that perfect dress! My mother is from that era so she should get excited. I think I should bring her & have some fun! thanks!

Speaking of short, and often slightly "round," the legendary Judy Garland would be

my choice. (I was actually named after her.) IF my "ship comes in" and I am able

to attend in '08, I would most likely wear a dressy jacket and pants--she was wearing

such when I saw her in live performance at the "Hollywood Bowl" in 1955.

I won't give up HOPE for coming back to Vegas with you, but it is looking fairly bleak

at this time as I haven't paid for last years trip!! The age old "money issue." Anyway,

I will be there with you in spirit, if not in person.

Judy

"Vintage Hollywood" I love this idea and can't stand the wait. My focus is on Casablanca's Ingrid Bergman. I just love her, or ... there are so many others to choose from. Good thing we have plenty of time to think about it.

Bling, here we come!

Sally

Hey SUZIE, How about Claudette Colbert? She was one of my favorites...She could do comedy. :D The Palm Beach Story is the best!!

CASSIE, One of my all-time fave Hollywood dresses is worn by Lena Horne singing Stormy Weather...

I keep wishing they'd make a movie about Josephine Baker...I'm thinking Halle Berry or Jada Pinkett-Smith. I think if you were to dress like her, like in her Paris show days, you would be very VERY cold!! :kisswink: I love how she adopted all those children from all over the world and called them her Rainbow Tribe. Maybe that's what Angelina Jolie is going for?

CASSIE, One of my all-time fave Hollywood dresses is worn by Lena Horne singing Stormy Weather...

I keep wishing they'd make a movie about Josephine Baker...I'm thinking Halle Berry or Jada Pinkett-Smith. I think if you were to dress like her, like in her Paris show days, you would be very VERY cold!! I love how she adopted all those children from all over the world and called them her Rainbow Tribe. Maybe that's what Angelina Jolie is going for?

________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________

They did make "The Josephine Baker Story" in 1991 with Lynn Whitfield in the title role and David Dukes as her husband. The movie was very good and showed the great disparity between the races in the movie and theater world. That's why she went to France and was a much loved star there. The movie also showed the glam of the era well.

I am so looking forward to next year. Maybe I'll even be brave and talk to more people (if I knew how I would put a picture of a turtle here LOL) AAAANNNNDDDDD it gives me just one more reason to shed a few more pounds. The first is a trip to Chicago in December to see The Phantom of the Opera at the Cadillac Palace Theatre with a couple of friends (can you say road trip?) and now this.

OOOO I can hardly wait!!! Em and all what a great idea. :claphands:

Deb

IF I can make it next year, I need to lose some weight for a classy gown.. otherwise, I'll be rockin' the zuit suit, complete with pimp fedora and maybe a tommy gun that squirts gerry juice.. :lol:

I just thought of another glamerous short person...Carman Maranda. Wonder where I could find a four foot tall fruit headress???? LOL! Actually, I know we don't have to channel a star, but what fun to contemplate! Practical considerations however, dictate that I can't wear slinky and fou fou ball gowns are too hard to pack. *Puts on thinking cap*

Suzie

What fun to remember the "oldies" from when I was a kid. My favorite western (before the Duke in "The Searchers") was "Duel in the Sun" with Jennifer Jones and Gregory Peck. It was very romantic to my young eyes and Jennifer Jones was beautiful. If only I could channel her . . . of course, I'd have to dye my hair and lose tons of weight . . . being practical and realistic, that's not going to happen. ha ha . . . at least not the dyeing of my hair! This is going to be fun!

beejay

IF I can make it next year....

Bethy, Damnit! Whaddaya mean IF??? You're going. Period. Final. No arguments. :boink:
Vegas wouldnt be the same without ya'

Who will empty the ice machines if you're not there??!!!

You WILL be there!!!

Annemarie

Hi Gemstone,

What kind of information are you looking for about the convention? As of right now all we know is it is in Las Vegas and it is going to be Vintage Hollywood theme.

Are you looking for what we usually do at the conventions?

I'll help the best I can with the information you are looking for

Hugs

Miklyn

GEMSTONE was at the convention this year.

We don't have the final date or which hotel yet but we expect it will still be about the same time in June as the last two were (coinciding with CineVegas). Hopefully within the next week or so we will have all that available and you all will be the FIRST to know when we do.

IF I can make it next year, I need to lose some weight for a classy gown.. otherwise, I'll be rockin' the zuit suit, complete with pimp fedora and maybe a tommy gun that squirts gerry juice.. :lol:

Bethy,

I don't care if you lose an ounce or gain an ounce, I can seriously already picture you in the zoot suit and pimp fedora!! (Tommy Gun? Even a play one might not make it through security. You might have to pack it in pieces, and assemble it after you get to Vegas. :lol: )

Don't forget to wear spats!

Guest greyeyegoddess

I just thought of another glamerous short person...Carman Maranda. Wonder where I could find a four foot tall fruit headress???? LOL! Actually, I know we don't have to channel a star, but what fun to contemplate! Practical considerations however, dictate that I can't wear slinky and fou fou ball gowns are too hard to pack. *Puts on thinking cap*

Suzie

Funny Suzie that you should mention that...I was thinking the same last week...looking for Chica chica boom...LOL!

~alice

:music:

IF I can make it next year....

Bethy, Damnit! Whaddaya mean IF??? You're going. Period. Final. No arguments. :boink:
Vegas wouldnt be the same without ya'

Who will empty the ice machines if you're not there??!!!

You WILL be there!!!

Annemarie

I'll add my voice to those thoughts...Vegas without our Queen BETHY??? :hmm2:

Sorry.. :lalala: ..DOES NOT COMPUTE!! :bonk:

Alison

• 2 weeks later...