Gerard Butler GALS

GB Fan Convention '08 Helpers

As we begin thinking about the Gerard Butler Fan Convention, we recall many members saying that they would like to help in various ways. And we learned from previous conventions that "delegation" of duties can be very beneficial. So, I'm starting this thread to ask those of you who are serious about your offers of help to respond. If you really want to just show up and have a good time without helping an any way, that is perfectly ok, too. But if you would enjoy being a part of the prelimenary work and are able to commit your special skills toward making this the best convention yet, we want to hear from you.

There are several areas where we may need helpers. For one, the Admins/Mods will not plan group excursions to POTO, Chippendales, etc, this year, nor will we be putting together any events other than those posted for the convention itself on June 13 and 14. If someone feels like they would like to research group rates and coordinate a group event, or just organize luncheon/breakfast meets and greets, that would be great.

Also, those of you with decorating skills... talk to us. Dr. Em is very particular about her vision for the way she wants the ballroom decorated. And that is a good thing. The decor at the '06 Dracula's Ball was breathtaking, though costly. Having Dr. Em do the decorating has saved us a ton of money, but it does take a lot of time and energy. She needs bodies willing to come to help with the grunt work. Also, if you have decorated before, you're willing to lend your experience and skills, and you think you can work closely with Dr. Em to help achieve her vision for Saturday night's ball, please speak up!

And lastly, many of you have stated that you will be happy to help with "anything." If you are serious and we can count on you to follow through, we want to have a list of able bodied helpers we can call upon, as needed.

To make this very clear, please understand that any of you that we take up on your offers to help will be under the direction of the admins/mods, as we decide what we believe is best for our needs. We cannot allow the ball to be dropped. So only serious applicants need apply, please. Be sure when responding to tell us your area of expertise.

Plant thief #1 reporting for duty! :wave:

I am a Jack of all Trades. Catering, decorating, event planning....I even do windows and toilets if necessary. :lol:

I've already run this by Dayna, who thought it was a great idea, but I'll make it official here: I would love to head up a discussion/sharing group about The Phantom of the Opera, where attendees can sign up ahead of time to take part. Those participating could bring along Phantom inspired artwork, scrap books.... or just share their personal stories about how Gerry's role as the Phantom touched them.

I've already been thinking about how to implement this idea, and will need to coordinate with a Mod for assistance. Not sure about the timing, but I'm really thinking it could be slated for Friday during the day. I would like to title this event, "Love Letters From the Lair." Will need to discuss a quiet location that is somewhat private (perhaps my own hotel room). Anyhow, this is one way I know I can contribute to the Convention experience.

I also have done tons of decorating for many different kinds of events, and have designed sets and props for live theater.... would be happy to help on Saturday in whatever capacity is needed!

Swannie

I had posted that I could help put together a book of attendee's with pictures. I believe Stef had an idea about this and someone had said she might want help.

*Raises hand to volunteer with decorating and "grunt" work*

I will be there with the handy tool and emergency kits. (Southwest Airlines baggage handlers hate me!) I've done decorating, first aid, emergency repair work and generally anything short of dealing with live electrical wires. I am a great assistant - just use me as you see fit.....wait, that's not what I meant (unless Gerry is involved, then yeah, baby!) Really, no job too big or too small - as long as I can reach it! Have tiny drill, will travel!

Suzie

Still not 100% sure I'm attending, but if I do, then I will definitely be willing to help out. I am not a creative person, but I take instruction well... so whatever you need me to do is fine!

Anything for my GALS.

I can decorate, I can be a grunt, I will liturally do whatever any of you need of me.

All I'd really need to know is what to do and when to do it!

Love you all!

Jen

Would love to help with the decorating......granted that everything goes as planned and hubby and I get to attend.So...Dr.Em....I'm all yours......Have helped with large projects like this before.I love working with themes and color schemes and such......I am very particular about things too...I think we'll get along great!...oh yeah, almost forgot!!!We will be arriving on Thursday and my hubby will help too.....

Edited by redroseblackribbon

If Mel is doing another video workshop for beginners, I'd be happy to help with that.

I might also suggest a discussion/sharing session for vidders who are beyond the beginner stage. It's fun to actually talk in person about this stuff with someone who understands what you're talking about. (My husband is like a brick wall when I 'try' to discuss it with him). Just an idea!

Hi all, although I'm in Australia, I will be arriving on the Sunday before the con. Happy to assist with anything you need. I could probably do a group booking to "Thunder from Downunder" from here if anyone is interested in that (and assuming it is still in Vegas at the time). Simply means emails etc and I can do that.

As for on the day stuff, happy to put up decorations and help in any way. Love that stuff and did it for the Australian Con last year which I (and two other Tarts) organised. We did the decorating, set up, bags etc. So have plenty of experience.

Hugs

Cat

Well, I'm good with tools,power and otherwise (do NOT go to that gutter LOL). I can decorate,stuff bags, follow directions and all that other general dogsbody stuff. I'm pretty good at heavy lifting as long as I have a supply of Bayer Back & Body with me. I had been thinking of coming in on Thursday but with the great room rates I would like to come sooner. This is my one vacation of the year that is all about me. So do with me what you will (sure would like to be able to say that to Gerry).

On an aside note,you know you have it bad when you are putting together a dog kennel and realize that the manufacturer's name is Gerry and your mind automatically makes the jump LOL.

Looking forward to a great time,

Deb

Sorry I missed this sign up earlier, or I would have jumped on then!!

I am willing to help with any and all grunt work. I will most likely be renting a vehicle this year so I can help transport things (I know where Walmart is Dayna :D) Also, I am quite crafty so if you have any projects you can run them by me and I can help there also.

And I used to live in Vegas and my mother still does, so that may add some service. (I know another gutter GAL who lives there too, Oh Erica!!!)

So anything anytime!! gimme a holler!

Knight Phantom and I will be coming in Thursday. I will be willing to help with behind the scene stuff like, set-up, clean-up, goody bags, anything you might need. I also can help like the greeting table, help setting up auction tables, direct people where to go etc. All you have to do is assign me something and I'm willing. My specialty is not in the planning, but in the follow through. You tell me what you want and I get it done. Knight said she would help in all these things also. Keep us in mind.

Sally

PS I am open to helping Swannie with Phantom of the Opera if she needs it.

Edited by cybrsal

Like Sally said, I'm game for anything! :yippee:

PS I am open to helping Swannie with Phantom of the Opera if she needs it.

And Swannie, you know you can count on me too. Anything for my Erik. :inlove: :rose:

Grunt, gopher, decorater, food taster :tasty: , all around image maker I can do it if you need some help. Put me down and just fill me in if you need some help.

Cassie

Plant thief #1 reporting for duty! :wave:

I am a Jack of all Trades. Catering, decorating, event planning....I even do windows and toilets if necessary. :lol:

KB - baby I'm counting on ya! After all, we MAY need plants again! *hee-hee*

:thankyou: to all those willing to pitch in! Our Ms. Libby is taking down your info so we can get with you for help.

:hugs:

Dr. Em

I am working with Susan, the wonderful woman in Vegas who owns 50 of the Phantom of the Opera costumes, to set up a viewing of them all at her house. There will be a thread about it soon, so if you're interested, make sure you check it out!

Issy

I am working with Susan, the wonderful woman in Vegas who owns 50 of the Phantom of the Opera costumes, to set up a viewing of them all at her house. There will be a thread about it soon, so if you're interested, make sure you check it out!

Issy

HUGE :thankyou: to you and to Susan! The collection is absolutely AMAZING! You absolutely HAVE to see these costumes!

Thanks again Issy and Susan!

:hugs:

Dr. Em