Gerard Butler GALS

2008 Convention Yearbook

Please only vote if you are planning on attending the convention in 2008.  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the person to write a little something about themselves?

• Yes
    • No
    • Whatever, I'm just going for the gambling.
  2. 2. If yes, would you like it to be:

• A little statement and Q & A
    • Just Q & A
    • Happy with either!
  3. 3. What would you like to know about each other for the Q & A?

• How did you discover Gerry?
    • Marital Status and/or other personal information.
    • What are you looking forward most during the convention?
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above.
    • Choice not listed. Will post my question choice to thread.
    • WHERE'S THE SLOT MACHINES?

Hello Ladies!!!

I am excited to tell you that I will be putting together a Convention yearbook for Vegas.

The yearbook will only contain information on those attending the convention. I can't wait to get started on this. I already have a few ideas going through my head.

As I am still deciding the layout of the pages and the size of the pages, I would like a little feedback.

Here are a couple of questions for you....

1. Would you like the person to write a little something about themselves?

2. Would you like it to be a little statement and Q & A or just Q & A?

3. Let me know.... What would you like to know about each other for the Q & A?

Thank you for your help in this...What a great goodie

Hugs!!!

Miklyn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great idea!!!!

I like the short statement about themselves:where they from...married...single...kids....

maybe a short statement(if possible) on why you love Gerry.

When did they discover Gerry...how long have they been a fan...just the general stuff...

Jow does your family and friends feel about Gerry....

Hey Miklyn, I really like this idea. I haven't been able to register yet, but plan to as soon as funds allow, hopefully next week. I had such a great time last year & really want to attend next year, so a convention yearbook would be a wonderful addition!

Thanks for taking on the task!

:hugs:

Vanessa

Fabulous idea!

The Q & A and brief statement ideas are great. You need some artwork or graphics to break up pages full of text, I think. Would attendees be willing to make up a digital image with some pictures of themselves, their hobbies, pets, where they live, or whatever? They could e-mail it to you, and it would be easy to insert and reproduce in a Word document. If people don't have digital cameras, or don't do photoshop, they could even search out photos of landmarks where they live on the net. Anything would do. It's easier for me, at least, to identify someone with visual images accompanied by text. Maybe you've already thought of this. Just an idea.

Dr Em Thank you for the poll. That is great.

I love the ideas.

I will want a picture from everyone so we all know who is who. To have some fun photos to put in between at points like a yearbook would be a great idea and addition. If you send me the photos I can also work with them since I know how to do photoshop and things like that, so if you don't that is fine.

Keep up the great ideas.

Thank you Miklyn for volunteering to take on this project! :bow2:

Just so I understand the process, you will be collecting submissions from those of us who will be attending the Convention, and so the 'yearbook' will already be finalized by the time we get there, right?

And in keeping with a 'yearbook' idea, at the Con, with yearbooks in hand, I suppose we could "autograph" each other's books upon request, couldn't we? Since I'm a singer, I LOVE giving autographs! :lol:

Sounds like a lot of fun as well as a great way to break the ice with attendees (what little ice there may be?) as well as having a cherished memento of the time spent together!

:claphands::cheer2::throw::woo: :yippee: :goodjob2:

Miklyn, just wanted to tell you again what a great idea this is and thank you publicly for volunteering to make the yearbooks. Let us know where and what to send you, when you decide. Asking others for their autographs will encourage interaction with those we have yet to meet and will surely make the yearbooks a cherished momento for us all.

Miklyn, this is gonna be a heck of a lot of work for you and your team, but what a great idea! I'm all for doing whatever we can to make it easier for you. Remember, there will be some who decide to come to the convention at last minute, so you'd better do a cutoff date for submissions to the book.

Woot! This is going to be fun! :claphands:

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

YES!!!! YOU WILL HAVE THEM IN YOUR HOT LITTLE HANDS IN VEGAS LADIES!!!!! :ohbaby2:

Once I get an idea of what everyone would like to know I will create a Q&A for those attending. I will need a photo from you too. Yes there will be a spot at the bottom of every page for your personal information if you like to share it. That is completely voluntary .....and yes room for signatures too.

At anytime you can submit fun photos from past conventions or get togethers you might like to see in the yearbook.

I am an organized freak LOL LOL so I will be creating folder on my computer for photos and starting this project this weekend. Don't worry about cropping or sizing because I will be working with the photos as I put them on the pages. They will be all over like a yearbook.

There will be a cut-off date, and I will work it around the final payment date so hopefully there will only be handful I would have to add by then.

Keep sharing the ideas ..... I love to hear them

We will be the Class of 2008 from Gerard Butler High.....LOL

What a GREAT Idea!!!!

I have 2 questions though...

1) can someone who wont be attending be able to submit a photo etc?.

maybe have a separate section for non-attendees??

and 2) will you have any extra for purchase??

That would sure make it easier to put faces with names etc..

wishing I could go!!

Annemarie

MIKLYN - GREAT IDEA FROM A GMCL !!!

:claphands::claphands::claphands:

CANT WAIT FOR THE FULL DETAILS !!!

DLSPBS - PAT

P.S. YOU COULD ALSO INCLUDE A LIST OF WHO

YOU WOULD MOST LIKE TO MEET AT THE CONVENTION,

SO AS NOT TO FORGET TO LOOK THAT PERSON

UP WHEN YOU ARRIVE ???

Edited by DLSPBS

Annemarie - I wish I could put everyone on the site in the book, but one it would cost a fortune and two it would be size of a phone book. LOL LOL

We are floating around a couple of ideas, but I will share this, If I have any extra after the convention I will let everyone know and then how much they would be. Once I figure out cost the price I post will include shipping it to you.

Pat - that is a great question....I know I always have a list of people I want to see and then I end up leaving and saying to Trixie I forgot to see her and her and her.

I think I am starting to come down with something so I will be sitting at my computer this weekend and vegging out and working on the layout of the book.

Annemarie - I wish I could put everyone on the site in the book, but one it would cost a fortune and two it would be size of a phone book. LOL LOL

We are floating around a couple of ideas, but I will share this, If I have any extra after the convention I will let everyone know and then how much they would be. Once I figure out cost the price I post will include shipping it to you.

Pat - that is a great question....I know I always have a list of people I want to see and then I end up leaving and saying to Trixie I forgot to see her and her and her.

I think I am starting to come down with something so I will be sitting at my computer this weekend and vegging out and working on the layout of the book.

:wave: Thanks for the info-- Just thought I'd ask- and if you do have any extras please put me down for one!!

Annemarie

How are you going to organize it? Alphabetically by screen name / real name? Or maybe by state / country? I'm not sure what would work best. Just something to think about. Maybe some sort of map might be fun to see where people have come from. Kind of an all-in-one visual that would have immediate impact that's easier to see at a glance. Just an idea.

What a wonderful idea! Sounds like you've got great ideas! A great way to get to know each other. :claphands:

Hugs, M

Edited by Midnight Diva

I'm game for anything what do you want to know? :pointy: Great idea Mik! I'm sure you will keep us posted when information is needed. Just let us know.

Cassie

How are you going to organize it? Alphabetically by screen name / real name? Or maybe by state / country? I'm not sure what would work best. Just something to think about. Maybe some sort of map might be fun to see where people have come from. Kind of an all-in-one visual that would have immediate impact that's easier to see at a glance. Just an idea.

I was wondering this myself. I guess you could do by state and alpha within each or you could alpha by screen name w/real name beside it. I'm game for anything because I think it's a brilliant idea.

Cassie

Since many people don't know each other by real name, or even by where we live, it seems that alphabetically by screen name would be the most logical to me, with real name beside it.

I'm the 1 who so far answered that my question wasn't listed and I'd post it here. I guess in some ways it is because it has to do with personal information but more along the following:

I'd like to see - city, state (and country) of each attendee

One hobby, interest or passion in your life besides Gerry (since our interest in him is a given).

Maybe a structured space for a certain amount of personal information like: Marital Status (S,A,M,D,W) Children (#) Grandchildren (#) Your Age (if you want to say), Zodiac sign (maybe).

Here is one I would love to see from each person - in a single sentence give your favorite saying or personal motto.

Miklyn,

Great idea! Thanks.

I agree with Susan that listing by screen name makes more sense.

I also like the idea of a personal motto or saying by each one....something like that can be a little window to the soul! :D

Nadine

I like all of Susan’s ideas as well.

I think it’s important to LIMIT the amount of words each person is able to write in their area for their personal information otherwise it could get really out-of-control.

Maybe do a stats type outline. Like so:

Dr. Em aka Dayna

Marital Status: Divorced and happy to be single.

Children: 4

Grandchildren: 0

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn

City/State or Province/Country: West Jordan, Utah, USA

Personal Motto: “Do not follow where the path may lead, go and make your own path and leave a trail behind!"

How did you find Gerry?: While watching Attila during a particularly bad time in my life and for some reason, he woke up the damn sexy woman in me and I felt alive for the first time in years.

What are you looking forward to most regarding the convention?: INSPIRING and EMPOWERING even more woman than before!!!

These are JUST ideas!

Dr. Em

Both what Susan & Dr. Em said sounds perfect to me & with a personal photo of each of the attendees & maybe throw in some fun pics of the GALS doing different stuff from different events or get togethers throughout the book would be great!

I finally got registered just now & am really looking forward to it! :Yee-Haw:

Vanessa

Ok, Ladies for those that are ready to get started.....

Just a quick reminder....if you send me your information and then do not finalize your registration....it will NOT be going into the book.

I am creating the templates this weekend..since I am a little under the weather and not planning on going out. LOL

I liked Dr. Em's Questions so I am going to go with them with a couple of additions.

You can Pm me your answers and your photo. If you have a favorite group shot from a previous convention or get together send them too, just please remember to let me know who everyone is in the photo.

So the Questions.

Marital Status:

Real Name/Screen Name

Children:

Grandchildren:

Zodiac sign:

Personal Motto:

How did you find Gerry?:

What are you looking forward to most regarding the convention?:

Who are you looking forward to seeing?:

Which is your favorite picture of Gerry? This one may or maynot be on your page...I will be sprinkling our man through out the book and would like to see which photos everyone likes the most.

Remember you do not have to worry about cropping or anything with your photos as I will be working with them for the book. If anyone needs help getting the photo to me don't hesitate to ask I can help you with that too.

I will update more information as I work on this, this weekend....Have fun ladies!!!!

Edited by Miklyn