Gerard Butler GALS

11/9 - People's Choice Awards Nominations

Songbird

Thank you, Moonglow and Hollywood!! :thankyou:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071109/ap_en_...s_choice_awards

`Bourne' earns 3 People Choice nods

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - "The Bourne Ultimatum" was among leading nominees for the 34th annual People's Choice Awards, organizers said Thursday.

The spy thriller was nominated for favorite movie, favorite action movie and favorite "threequel." Leading man Matt Damon was nominated for favorite male action star.

He's up against Johnny Depp, who got nods in the male action star and favorite male movie star categories. Jessica Alba scored nominations for favorite leading lady and favorite female action star.

In music, Justin Timberlake earned nominations for favorite male singer and favorite pop song. "Give It to Me," a Timbaland song on which Timberlake is featured, garnered a nod for favorite hip-hop song.

Other multiple nominees included "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" and "Transformers."

Winners will be announced Jan. 8 during an awards show broadcast on CBS.

The nominees are:

1. Favorite Movie: The Bourne Ultimatum; Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End; Transformers

2. Favorite Family Movie: Evan Almighty, Ratatouille, Shrek the Third

3. Favorite Action Movie: 300; The Bourne Ultimatum; Transformers

4. Favorite Movie Comedy: Knocked Up; The Simpsons Movie; Wild Hogs

5. Favorite Movie Drama: Disturbia; Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix; Premonition

6. Favorite Threequel: The Bourne Ultimatum; Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End; Spider-Man 3

7. Favorite Independent Movie: Becoming Jane; A Mighty Heart; Sicko

8. Favorite Female Movie Star: Halle Berry; Sandra Bullock; Reese Witherspoon

9. Favorite Leading Lady: Jessica Alba; Drew Barrymore; Queen Latifah

10. Favorite Female Action Star: Jessica Alba; Jodie Foster; Keira Knightley

11. Favorite Male Movie Star: Johnny Depp; Denzel Washington; Bruce Willis

12. Favorite Leading Man: Jamie Foxx; Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson; Joaquin Phoenix

13. Favorite Male Action Star: Matt Damon; Johnny Depp; Bruce Willis

14. Favorite On Screen Match Up: Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in Rush Hour 3; George Clooney and Brad Pitt in Ocean's Thirteen; Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man 3

15. Favorite TV Drama: "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation;" "House;" "Law and Order: SVU"

16. Favorite TV Comedy: "The King of Queens;" "My Name is Earl;" "Two and a Half Men"

17. Favorite Animated TV Comedy: "Family Guy;" "King of the Hill;" "The Simpsons"

18. Favorite Sci-Fi Show: "Battlestar Galactica;" "Doctor Who;" "Stargate Atlantis"

19. Favorite Competition/Reality Show: "American Idol;" "Dancing with the Stars;" "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"

20. Favorite Game Show: "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?;" "Deal or No Deal;" "Jeopardy"

21. Favorite Female TV Star: Sally Field; Katherine Heigl; Jennifer Love Hewitt

22. Favorite Male TV Star: Patrick Dempsey; Charlie Sheen; Kiefer Sutherland

23. Favorite Scene Stealing Star: Richard Belzer from "Law & Order: SVU;" Neil Patrick Harris from "How I Met Your Mother;" Chandra Wilson from "Grey's Anatomy"

24. Favorite Funny Female Star: Ellen DeGeneres; Whoopi Goldberg; Wanda Sykes

25. Favorite Funny Male Star: Will Ferrell; Adam Sandler; Robin Williams

26. Favorite Talk Show Host: Ellen DeGeneres; Jay Leno; Oprah Winfrey

27. Favorite Female Singer: Beyonce; Fergie; Gwen Stefani

28. Favorite Male Singer: John Mayer; Tim McGraw; Justin Timberlake

29. Favorite Group: Daughtry; Maroon 5; Rascal Flatts

30. Favorite Rock Song: "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's; "Home" by Daughtry; "Makes Me Wonder" by Maroon 5

31. Favorite R&B Song: "Beautiful Liar" by Beyonce with Shakira; "Because of You" by Ne-Yo; "Shut up and Drive" by Rihanna

32. Favorite Country Song: "I Need You" by Tim McGraw with Faith Hill;

"Never Wanted Nothing More" by Kenny Chesney; "Stand" by Rascal Flatts

33. Favorite Hip-Hop Song: "Give It to Me" by Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado; "Party Like a Rock Star" by Shop Boyz; "Stronger" by Kanye West

34. Favorite Pop Song: "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie; "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce; "What Goes Around...Comes Around" by Justin Timberlake

35. Favorite Song from a Soundtrack: "Read My Mind" by The Killers from "Friday Night Lights;" "What I've Done" by Linkin Park from Transformers; "You Can't Stop the Beat" by the Cast of Hairspray from Hairspray

36. Favorite Reunion Tour: Genesis; The Police; Van Halen

37. Favorite New TV Comedy: Aliens in America; Back to You; The Big Bang Theory; Carpoolers; Cavemen; Chuck; Reaper; Samantha Who?

38. Favorite New TV Drama: Big Shots; Bionic Woman; Cane; Dirty Sexy Money; Gossip Girl; Journeyman; K-Ville; Life; Life Is Wild; Moonlight; Private Practice; Pushing Daisies; Women's Murder Club

If Gerry isn't on their nominee list next year, after 300, PSILY, Nim's Island, RockNRolla and possibly even Game then the "people" don't know what the fook they're talking about! Hopefully the nomination for 300 at least means we'll see him as a presenter (crossing fingers).

If Gerry isn't on their nominee list next year, after 300, PSILY, Nim's Island, RockNRolla and possibly even Game then the "people" don't know what the fook they're talking about! Hopefully the nomination for 300 at least means we'll see him as a presenter (crossing fingers).

How much action does a star have to do to get recognized? How can you not nominate him for Leading action star. Well, I never watch this awards show anyway because it's dull and the people who win make me yawn. If he's a presenter I will make the effort to watch for those few minutes.

Cassie

I agree, I still get Gerry who??? I can't stand it. I hope after all the projects he's been working on everyone will know the name - Gerard Butler. :D Does he win the award on the most movies made in one year??? Did 300 bring in the most box office sales???

I guess he has to stand on his head, eat crackers and whistle Dixie. And with Johnny Depp movie in there, well I kind of know already who is getting it anyway. And that is not fair. :tantrum::tantrum: see its all politics Betts

I can't believe that 300 was nominated for action movie but Gerry wasn't nominated for action star. Bruce Willis? Give me a break. Johnny Depp just walks through his role as Jack Sparrow. Gerry gave his body to the role of King Leonidas. He was King Leonidas! What a joke!

Not to take away from the 300 nomination for best movie, but when I read the list of nominees, I was so furious, I had to really talk to myself to keep from posting exactly what I think about Gerry not being nominated. I've slept on it now, and am not any happier about it. What is the deal? :angry2:

I guess he has to stand on his head, eat crackers and whistle Dixie. And with Johnny Depp movie in there, well I kind of know already who is getting it anyway. And that is not fair. :tantrum::tantrum: see its all politics Betts

I suspect GB is a long way from winning a People's Choice Award or Oscar, not because he doesn't deserve them, but because the Hollywood system is very insular and clubbish. He is an outsider, not only because he is not American, but because he apparently doesn't play the media game the way some "stars" do. For all his Gerry Juice appeal, he is pretty quiet in his personal life compared to the Clooney's, Cruises, Pitts, et.al. This allows him to avoid the tabloids, but also makes him invisble to the media who basically select the People's Choice Awards, Sexiest Man Alive, etc. The types of films Gerry has made up to this point rarely receive Oscars, especially for the actors. Remember the Academy is composed, in large part, of establishment people, who, in an effort to give themselves the aura of repectability as an art form, tend to reward high concept or "artsy" film fare over commercially successful, entertaining films - hence the failure of a film like Raiders, including its director and star to win anything. There hasn't been an Oscar awarded to a film I have really enjoyed in years, to the point where I don't even watch them anymore. They bore me to tears and irritate me with their pretense and "political" diatribes. They are movies, for Christ sake, not the second coming, and actors are just that - actors - not intellectual or aesthetic titans. I have loved movies since I saw my first one at age 7, but the Hollywood "culture" is not one I admire or basically give a fig about except for the entertainment factor they provide. I am a "Luddite" when it comes to film as an "art form", questioning its position in that pantheon altogether. I know, this is a minority opinion and the film students I work with laugh at my narrow perspective and accuse me of being an old fuddy-duddy. Well, so be it. Gerry may actually be better off NOT winning an Oscar, since the Oscar "curse" has been known to derail some promising careers. Some actors who have won, haven't made a decent film since, and have virtually disappeared from the screen. "Gerry, sweety, just make your movies and I will go see them. I may not like them all, but I WILL go see them, at least once....promise." :D

This is a shocker! IMHO I think 300 will win. Looking over the list I asked,"What action movie was Johnny Depp was in?" Pirates? 300 was more action than that, Gerry should have been in that category. Then,the leading man category...I about cracked up! I love Joaquin, but :confused:. And the other two. I could think of better "Leading Men".

Edited by Jo A. Quin

Gosh.... People magazine is sooo out of touch with what the people really like. They just pick some nominees THEY like, not who the people like. And PEOPLE magazine never liked Gerry. They do not get the Gerry juice. They hated 300. Their review of the movie was aweful, they didn't find anything good about it. It's almost a miracle the movie got nominated. And yes, looking at the list of the male nominees... it's all US actors... what about the Gerard Butler's, Daniel Craig's (both Gerry and Daniel should have been in the action star category), Clive Owen's, Hugh Jackman's???? Well, not even "Pirate"s Orlando Bloom is nominated anywhere....

You know what though? Looking at actors who are NOT nominated... I think that is a wonderful group of actors... much better than the ones that actually were nominated (The Rock??? I mean... c'mon!!!)... so Gerry is in good company of non-nominees....LOL

Ina

PS... looking through all the nominees again... who picked those????? Really???? I mean do they live on MARS??? Favorite TV Sci Fi shows and "Heroes" and "Lost" are not on there???? What are they thinking??? They are completely out of their minds! OK, I feel better about Gerry not being nominated. The people picking the nominees don't have a clue about current pop culture. I don't think you want to be nominated by those people...LOL

Edited by Phanina

I don't know what the Hell he has to do to get their attention!! :tantrum:

:bonk: Fran

I wonder the same thing, all of the "Hollywood Bunch" is jealous and running scared he will take over and eventually he will!

Amandac

Yes... I think Hollywood is afraid that really good foreign actors will take over the US movie industry.

I wouldn't worry about it though, after PSILY and Nims, I bet he does get a nomination.

If memory serves me correctly, how they get these noms is by contacting people and asking them their favorite star, movie, etc...and they widdle the field down from there.

I also think you can vote on their website as well, you might want to check that out.

I've given up on these so called award shows. They are so political in nature. Gerry is in good company with those other actors who were not nominated. Those who were, well come on, I mean REALLY! Not to get personal but some are "has beens" and others are just terrible. Gerry doesn't have to prove himself at awards shows. We and many other people know Gerry is a great actor and personality. That's all that counts in my book. I sure hope "300" wins or else I'll know for sure something is wrong.

Kathy

I used to believe that the Choice awards were really created by the People, but there is a committee just like the oscars, and they are pushing whoever they want. Bravo Xan and all of you for voicing my opinions. Personally I am going to write an e-mail to the awards folks and politely tell them why I don't watch awards shows, ever. Hollywood wants to groom some actors and ignore others but box office doesn't lie. We know who the people's choice around the world is!

:whome2:

p.s. I do believe that GB is now an A-list actor, but not with the media. The movies he has coming up sound great.

I used to believe that the Choice awards were really created by the People, but there is a committee just like the oscars, and they are pushing whoever they want. Bravo Xan and all of you for voicing my opinions. Personally I am going to write an e-mail to the awards folks and politely tell them why I don't watch awards shows, ever. Hollywood wants to groom some actors and ignore others but box office doesn't lie. We know who the people's choice around the world is!

:whome2:

p.s. I do believe that GB is now an A-list actor, but not with the media. The movies he has coming up sound great.

You go girl!! Love to hear from a fellow Coloradian! :wave:

Kathy :claphands:

I think Hollywood can be like a small private club. It isn't your talent but the people they want to be in the club. As for "300" it was all marketing , Snyder, Miller and Gerry the handsome sales man. This was a Frank Miller project with the marriage of a young CGI director. Miller had a Hollywood track record with his comic book format perfect for CGI, cheap to make. Once again Gerry the (humans) were secondary so that is why "300", the film and "Action Hero" are promenent in the nominations. I am happy Gerry is working and we have a couple of years of movie going just ahead to watch a "WORLD" class actor do his thing. Keep up the good work Gerry, see you at the box office.

I can't believe that 300 was nominated for action movie but Gerry wasn't nominated for action star. Bruce Willis? Give me a break. Johnny Depp just walks through his role as Jack Sparrow. Gerry gave his body to the role of King Leonidas. He was King Leonidas! What a joke!

I totally agree with you!! But let's not forget the big ones - The Golden Globes and The Academy Awards!

Hey, it did'nt hurt Jennifer Hudson and she was voted off American Idol!

Yes and granted she has NOT put in the time Gerry has, but her role was not ignored. And neither should Gerry's as King Leonidas. We all know timing helps as well - if Time Warner re-releases 300 over the holiday season, the academy voters will be remined of who should be CROWNED BEST ACTOR. :cunning:

I'm so sick of Johnny Depp, I mean the guy is sexy and everthing but he's been sexy for 20 years. Let's give someone else a chance!!!