film. It has raked in the awards this year

proving what we all have said about this

dandy of a film to be true!!!!!!!

He also gave all of Gerry's fans a real treat

with the extras too...

It has really been a pleasure getting to know all of you

through the Wrath threads here and I can't tell you

how much I appreciate all of your help with the emailing

and spreading the word. You are all awesome...

I would love to hear from all of you and have you share

your thoughts....

Huge hugs!!!!!

Ruby/blondesquaw

I have always loved knowing more about what went into filming a movie, and watch all the bonus features I can find on my DVDs, so when I heard about Wrath, I was so thrilled! More Gerry, sure, but I was just as anxious to hear more from Sturla and everyone involved. Jon is amazing in his dedication, as well as knowing that we as fans want to know about everyone involved, not just the 'big names'. He kept us informed about the progress, let us know how grateful he was for the help in getting the word out, and even made sure everyone got their copy of the DVD before he got his! We can only hope and pray for much more wonderful work from him!

Issy

i think anyone that is planning on seeing gerry and sturla's version of beowulf and grendel should see 'Wrath of Gods" first..... it doesnt give too much away, but draws you totally into the whole making of, what it took to make it, and the passion behind it.

for me, this movie is so dear, and gerry is so so proud of it, that, that is truly what film making is all about...!!!!!!!!!!!

when everybody pools together, and does everything thing they can , including many times going without even basic necessities, let alone your own personal umbrella holder, it really doesnt get much better than that....

so am i passionate about wrath and beowulf....... absolutely!!!!

• 1 month later...

I just finished watching the ENTIRE DVD. I loved it. I especially loved the verra long interview with Gerry - it's like an hour of just listening to him talk! They went so long the tape ran out!! :laugh: And his Scottish burr was still so thick then! :thud: I just laughed pretty much through the whole thing. I adore Gerry's little giggle, and he was soo funny when the lights went out!

Oh, but I hated seeing him lying on the rocks exhausted - looked like he had a cramp; and freezing. Poor baby.

I really enjoyed it, and I could watch Gerry get undressed a hundred thousand times and just :tasty: :tasty: I want that lady's job!!! Whew! But to block out him in his undies is silly; thank God the European version doesn't have it blocked out. I'll be getting that next.

Anyway, this was truly a good look at the trials they went through to make this film. And it's also wonderful to hear how much Gerry believed in it. His whole heart was in it, and it shows. He spoke very passionately about the film, which is probably why it took him so long to say what he needed to say about it.

Loved this, and can watch it again and again . . .

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

I received my copy of "Wrath..." a couple of days ago, and watched it earlier today.

It was great to see a documentary/diary made of this movie! To me, it really gave an in-depth look into what goes into making a movie--where the financing comes from, how a shooting schedule goes, and what happens when the unexpected occurs. I felt so bad for the crew of this movie, what they had to put up with, weather & conditions-wise. It made me appreciate the movie even more. I just wish the movie itself was more successful at the box office, to make the work everyone did for this movie more meaningful and special, financially-wise.

And the extra footage was interesting. I wouldn't want to be stuck up to my hips in mud! And hearing/seeing Gerry talk for over an hour in costume, with the power outage, was cool. I thought it was funny that they ran out of tape--that Gerry can keep on going, he has so much to say! And like someone already pointed out up above, that was NICE that we could see him strip down & talk!

I received my copy before the B&G movie. What an absoute BLAST of a doco. The scenery is just breathtaking, and to learn of all the mishaps that happened was astounding. I think that they did an absolutely stunning job considering the conditions and budget constraints that were placed on them.

THe Gerry interview was hilarious, talking about the feud that exists between people from Glasgow and Edinburgh and giggling was infectious, i found myself laughing along, I enjoyed that he gave credit to all the people involved and gave us a little insight into people that he had known since he was 12. I don't think many actors could have done an hour interview straight from filming the fight scene in the meeting hall. As G said, he was battered and bruised, and he had a splitting headache, but being a true professional he gave the interview graciously.

When i finally got the B & G movie, all the parts of Wrath just fell into place, and i was able to really really enjoy the movie.

Thankyou to all the talented people that made that movie what it was, we need more visionaries like them.

Love to you all

ALi

The funniest part of them running out of tape is it was supposed to only be 15-20 minutes, max. That's Gerry for ya! He a true Celt. We're all blessed with the gift of gab. None of us need the Blarney Stone, that's for the non-Celts. We're born with the ability!

Personally, I wish all of the movie makers had the foresight of the WOG team! To make this kind of documentary (which is WAY COOL in its own right and stands alone) BUT to include a good dose of Gerry Juice to top it all off is great (and MUCH APPRECIATED!) However, to have two versions (one with a "black box" and the European version without the black box) -- that's just pure marketing genius! (You got money out of me TWICE! LOL)

Thanks, again, for all your hard work Ruby and for letting us tag along on the ride!

Holly

• 2 months later...

I just finished watching the ENTIRE DVD. I loved it. I especially loved the verra long interview with Gerry - it's like an hour of just listening to him talk! They went so long the tape ran out!! :laugh: And his Scottish burr was still so thick then! :thud: I just laughed pretty much through the whole thing. I adore Gerry's little giggle, and he was soo funny when the lights went out!

Oh, but I hated seeing him lying on the rocks exhausted - looked like he had a cramp; and freezing. Poor baby.

I really enjoyed it, and I could watch Gerry get undressed a hundred thousand times and just :tasty: :tasty: I want that lady's job!!! Whew! But to block out him in his undies is silly; thank God the European version doesn't have it blocked out. I'll be getting that next.

Anyway, this was truly a good look at the trials they went through to make this film. And it's also wonderful to hear how much Gerry believed in it. His whole heart was in it, and it shows. He spoke very passionately about the film, which is probably why it took him so long to say what he needed to say about it.

Lisa

I finally got my copy of wrath of gods. It is amazing and does stand on its own. The passion and dedication of everyone in this film shows how movies should be made not for the money but for the story and love.

Lisa I agree with you 100% I guess I am going to have to get the European version as well, cannot believe they blurred him out in his underwear!

After seeing all that this movie has went through to be made, it makes me appreicate it more! Beautiful job!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Lisa

I finally got my copy of wrath of gods. It is amazing and does stand on its own. The passion and dedication of everyone in this film shows how movies should be made not for the money but for the story and love.

Lisa I agree with you 100% I guess I am going to have to get the European version as well, cannot believe they blurred him out in his underwear!

After seeing all that this movie has went through to be made, it makes me appreicate it more! Beautiful job!!!!

You can see him without the black box at

Cheers ~ Dallas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I watched the DVD again yesterday and it still amazes me that they ever managed to complete the movie. The chaos and real danger thanks to the sinking ship really opens your eyes to the reality of movie making and just how unglamorous the industry truly is.

It is heartening to think that even after the many hours of a days filming Gerard still gave over and hours time to give and interview to the documentary maker.

If you have not seen this DVD I sincerely recommend it.

Best wishes.

Jude.