Gerard Butler GALS

Nim's Island Screening in CA

Just thought I would share you this news since.... you might be interested.... duh! :thud:

There was a post on the Nim's Island board on one of the film sites not to be named here.. lol.

The poster said she called the following number and found out there will be a free screening in California for Nim's Island on Sat January 12th near Los Angeles. The number is the information number for people that have invitations. 866-827-8280. It is a recording for the people who have recieved a flyer/invitation for them to register. How you get that flyer/invitation is not really known. One poster said they thought they passed them out at "citywalk".. I have no clue since I am in NC.. not CA... lol.

She found out the screening is going be in La Verne Ca.

However, .... this is not a fan event or even an open screening...it apparently is a screening/marketing thing for preteens/young adult.. .that is the demographic that they have targeted (okay girls.. i know some of you can pass for 15...lol.) However they will let parents/adult attend with the child (I also know most of you are mothers..grandmothers... aunts... heck uncles... hey... don't you know that neighbor down the street with that kid... :roflmao:)

Seriously,

You must have an received a flyer with invitation number to register (you are gonna have to figure out how to get that in time and register)

AND parents/adult can attend with the child... but there must be a child in the following age range... . ie no adults will be allowed to attend without a child.

boys- age 7-11

girls age 7-15

I don't know if this will help, but there used to be a website that we checked for all screenings which we used for for Ps I love you.. maybe that can help.

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Sancre

(who is probably in the doghouse after this post, but hey, I believe in helping my fellow Gerry fans! Besides... i want info you lucky CA batches... you better come back and tell me all the friggin details! or I am moving to CA and you don't want that).

Heya Sancre..... you know, I think the various Gerry sites have hopefully worked through their issues, and I for one refer to other websites by name all the time!

You do such a great job of keeping the fans posted! I've been following your Box Office mojo posts about PSILY on GB.net, everyday. Thanks so much!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong
I often get called for screenings like this but I don't have a kid to take with me. If I happen to get a call for this one I will have to see if anyone I know would let me rent a kid.
Guest greyeyegoddess

If they would screen up here, I'd take my niece, because I know she'd love it. She loves animals and movie, and I plan on taking her to see it.

The studios don't know though...they don't know that this movie is going to be view many times by fans of Gerry, and that's where a lot of their ticket sales are going to be coming from.

It's soo sad that they still don't get it.

~alice

:music:

I often get called for screenings like this but I don't have a kid to take with me. If I happen to get a call for this one I will have to see if anyone I know would let me rent a kid.

I'm short, I could pass as your adopted child. Just remember to buy me a pair of those fugly b/w shoes they used to wear in the day and I'll do my ponytail and we're straight. When do you want me there? :D

Cassie

Edited by Cassie