Gerard Butler GALS

Ipod Question - Video Downloads

Hi Gals! :wave:

I am off to China on Friday. I go there about 3-4 times a year for work. I travel all over the World actually, but China is always my longest flight. Since I am a newbie to all thing Gerry, I have downloaded a bunch of audio and video clips of Gerry. The more I know about this man, the more I realize his depth and adore him. I am absolutely in LOVE! :wuv:

Anyway, I was able to download all the audio clips on to my Ipod, but seem to have difficulties downloading any of the videos from the unzip folder on my c:drive. It doesn't give me an error message, it actually appears to download, but there is nothing in the Itunes library. Does anyone know if I am allowed to download the videos to my ipod. My Ipod is brand new - I got the most up to date nano and I'm able to download movies and videos from Itunes.

If anyone could help, I would be so grateful. It's a long flight and I just want to hear to Gerry's sexy voice and see his sexy self to get me through the flight.

Thanks!

Sally

Edited by sav8821
Guest Winter Angel

I have had problems with that myself. You need to download software that will convert your downloaded Gerry Videos to Ipod compatible format. The glitch is that most software will recognize the files as copyright and will not convert them. ( I almost took a sledge hammer to my computer when it did that). You can also find a lot more information if you go to the Apple web site. They have a forum where you can read up on some of the programs that others have found useful.

I use the M2 convert to ipod software. You specify what folder it goes to and then you have to drag it to the "movie" library in the itunes folder.

Then "sync" your updates.

:wave: Hi!

Just popping in to say that, in France, anyway, the itunes store has about 20 podcasts of the making of 300, with interviews etc., which you can download free! Not all of them would transfer to my ipod from the library, one of which was of course the 4:24 min interview with Gerry (the copyright problem) :tantrum: but they are well worth downloading just to watch and keep in your library and you will be getting a few podcast with Gerry as Leo .... I think I ended up putting about 10 onto my ipod .... Just make a search for "300 Gerard Butler" or something similar, and you ought to find them ...

Hope you get your software in time for your trip, if not you will at least have these and some Gerry to listen to, which is a whole lot better than nothing! LOL! :)

:hearts:

Sorsha

Just popping in to say that, in France, anyway, the itunes store has about 20 podcasts of the making of 300, with interviews etc., which you can download free! Not all of them would transfer to my ipod from the library, one of which was of course the 4:24 min interview with Gerry (the copyright problem) :tantrum: but they are well worth downloading just to watch and keep in your library and you will be getting a few podcast with Gerry as Leo .... I think I ended up putting about 10 onto my ipod .... Just make a search for "300 Gerard Butler" or something similar, and you ought to find them ...

Hope you get your software in time for your trip, if not you will at least have these and some Gerry to listen to, which is a whole lot better than nothing! LOL! :)

Sorsha

Thanks!!! I'm doing that right now!!!!!

Sorsha

Thanks!!! I'm doing that right now!!!!!

Oh GOOD - I'm glad you could find him!! I hope you will be nicely entertained on that long trip and have enough "Gerry fixes" with your trusty ipod to hand!! :) Even a day without seeing his face is not nice, is it? Especially if you've only just caught GALS recently .... just about everyone here knows exactly how you feel, I'd say!!!

There may be some good free or shareware programs for converting videos to the correct format for iPods, but the best program I've found is ImTOO's MPG Encoder 3. The name sounds a little limiting, but it's able to convert audio and video files back and forth between MANY different formats...from AVI to MP3, MP4 to WMV...and many, many others.

I've always used it for converting videos for my iPod and, so far, haven't had an issue with copyrighted videos. I recently used it to convert a song that was included in a DVDs extras, but not on any soundtrack. I had already ripped the video and was able to make an MP3 for personal use with no trouble.