Gerard Butler GALS

5/30 POTO Sequel Aiming for 11/09 Bow in London

I noticed that too Steph, but I do like to post any reviews or news I can find so that it continues to generate interest. Good luck getting tickets!

I understand, and I definitely wasn't criticizing the choice to post the article... just expressing my confusion! :) Thanks!

Steph

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More news from the Telegraph UK:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre...era-sequel.html

Openings for this have confused us a lot with it bouncing from November 09 to March 10. Well, it looks like Love Never Dies will open in March of 2010 in London, so we can only guess that the NYC opening will be November of 2010. Whenever Sir Andrew decides to open it will not be soon enough for this Phan!!

You bet me to the punch Jeanwhale!

Ladies....go, go now and watch this! The music is wonderful, and Ramin's performance will bring tears to your eyes! I am already plotting my trip to NYC next November!!!!

Bravo Andrew, bravo! Thank you for never giving up on Erik.

eta~ link from NYTimes http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/...-for-next-year/

eta again~ more goodies! http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatre/l...ies+Today+.html

Edited by Knight Phantom

The video is wonderful! It's going to be so great to see the Phantom in another setting, and of course to get more beautiful music by Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber! Even though it's still a ways off, hearing the music makes it all seem real finally! :)

Steph

They were talking about it this morning on one of those morning shows and also did a quick interview with ALW! While they were talking they were showing some parts of the movie and a couple of others ....The one song which I believe is from Love Never Dies also debuted and it was beautiful! They were asking ALW if he thought this would be a mistake and he answered honestly and eloquently!

:wave: Frannie

I have fallen in love with ALW's "Phantom" all over again. I know it isn't Gerry, and his Phantom

will always have the most special of places in my heart, but I am SO VERY EXCITED to finally

hear some music from this new production. I am totally enthralled! I am praying that the show

does well and does make it to the US. Ramin Karimloo is wonderful as the Phantom. I cannot

wait to hear the entire musical score, and I know I won't be disappointed after hearing these two

new songs from the show.

WOW. WOW. That's all I can think of to say!!

Judy

Sorry to interject but we feel this is a better recording Swannie, there is such excitement here as the tickets have gone on sale,

hugs,

Anna x

Our tickets are ordered and on their way!

Edited by Anna

Can I be any happier?? My inbox is bursting with Phantom news!!! (insert Abby spaz dance here)

Anna I am doubly happy that there is excitement for this in London. Bravo on scoring tickets!! Please do be sure to come and tell us ALL about it when you get to see it. But remember, no spoilers!

OK, enough gushing...here are the latest links:

LA Times

AFP

LA Times~ Envelope

From UPI News Track:

Karimloo, Boggess set for 'Phantom' sequel

LONDON, Oct. 8 (UPI) -- Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess have been cast as the Phantom and Christine in the upcoming West End London musical, "Love Never Dies," show producers said.

The sequel to Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Phantom of the Opera" is to have its world premiere in London at the Adelphi Theatre March 9. It continues the story of the Phantom, who has moved from his lair in the Paris Opera House to haunt the fairgrounds of Coney Island, Brooklyn.

Set 10 years after the mysterious disappearance of the Phantom from Paris, the show is described in a news release as "a roller coaster ride of obsession and intrigue ... in which music and memory can play cruel tricks."

Based on the French novel by Gaston Leroux, the stage musical, "The Phantom of the Opera," has been seen by more than 100 million people and is regarded by many as the most successful entertainment entity in history, its producers said.

Karimloo will create the role of the Phantom in "Love Never Dies," having already played the role to great acclaim in "The Phantom of the Opera" in London. He also played Raoul in the West End production of "Phantom," as well as the role of Christine's father in Joel Schumacher's film adaptation. His other stage credits include "Les Miserables" in the West End, the U.K. tour of "Miss Saigon" and the U.K. tour of "Sunset Boulevard."

Boggess made her Broadway debut in the lead role of Ariel in Disney's "The Little Mermaid." "Love Never Dies" will mark her West End debut.

Previews of "Love" are to begin Feb. 20. The show will then premiere in New York in November 2010 and in Australia in 2011.

I just watched the youtube of one of the songs from Love Never Dies and just noticed that the Phantom is not wearing his mask while he sings about how he can't wait to hear her sing again? I don't understand this; is he the Phantom or is Andrew projecting to the audience "his" perception of what the Phantom wished to appear as? Anyone remember the "missing" nylons on Christine the morning she awoke in the Lair? Now with this latest revelation about her son Gustav; maybe it was not just an omition by the wardrobe person?

I can't wait to see if it is a huge success then he will invest in making the movie too. I will not rest until I see Gerry as the Phantom once again. By the way; did anyone see him on Leno last night? Did you hear the uproar from the audience when his Phantom role was shown?

Yes indeed; love never dies; where the Phantom and his fans are concerned!

**May**

I read "Phantom of Manhattan" (the basic source material) and thought it was atrocious. I do admit that I like the music I've hard thusfar, and am likely to buy the cast album when it is released ... but I have no desire whatsoever to see the show.

I read "Phantom of Manhattan" (the basic source material) and thought it was atrocious. I do admit that I like the music I've hard thusfar, and am likely to buy the cast album when it is released ... but I have no desire whatsoever to see the show.

ALW's comments on the press video for Love Never Dies seemed to indicate that they changed it a lot from what Phantom of Manhattan ended up being. They tried to make the musical from that, but got stuck, and ended up going another way.

Steph

I read "Phantom of Manhattan" (the basic source material) and thought it was atrocious. I do admit that I like the music I've hard thus far, and am likely to buy the cast album when it is released ... but I have no desire whatsoever to see the show.

ALW's comments on the press video for Love Never Dies seemed to indicate that they changed it a lot from what Phantom of Manhattan ended up being. They tried to make the musical from that, but got stuck, and ended up going another way.

Steph

I believe in Andrew and when he says that it has been totally revamped; I know it will be the best Phantom ever. He is extremely proud of his "baby" The Phantom of the Opera; and would not do anything to jeopardize it. I will not be seeing the stage production however it is not for lack of interest but lack of means. I do await the movie version however and hope and pray that Gerry does reprise the role. The movie version should not be made like the first one where every word was with music and singing. I would love some songs to appear spontaneously but would appreciate more talking in between. Stage productions and big screen productions are two very different animals. Does anyone know why in the new song for LND's; the Phantom does not wear his mask?

I believe I can answer your question May.

The reason Ramin is not wearing make-up is because this was a preview of the song, not of the costuming; hence the lack of staging except for the chair Sierra was sitting in. Have no fear...when the play is produced there will be the proper look to our Erik.

I believe I can answer your question May.

The reason Ramin is not wearing make-up is because this was a preview of the song, not of the costuming; hence the lack of staging except for the chair Sierra was sitting in. Have no fear...when the play is produced there will be the proper look to our Erik.

Thank you kindly and you are right; it only makes sense. I would love to see the theatre version; but will have to wait and hear from those who have been; how wonderful it was...

• 2 months later...