Gerard Butler GALS

I love the entire POTO soundtrack but the song I catch myself singing at random moments is 'The Phantom of the Opera'...I absolutely LOVE the music to that song and the corridor scene was my defining "Gerry moment"...I will never forget it!

Yes...

much to my family's chagrin...and sometimes my own :lol:

I can't carry a tune, but I do hum, sing and belt out POTO songs at various times...

I know to stop when I sound awful to myself...

and then I put on the CD and sing along with that...with the CD full blast my voice is (thankfully) drowned out! :rotflmao:

Yes...

much to my family's chagrin...and sometimes my own :lol:

I can't carry a tune, but I do hum, sing and belt out POTO songs at various times...

I know to stop when I sound awful to myself...

and then I put on the CD and sing along with that...with the CD full blast my voice is (thankfully) drowned out! :rotflmao:

Way back when the original musical played in London, in the mid 80s?, we bought the double cassette tape with Brightman and Crawford singing. We just loved the music and played it over and over. That was as far as it went because back in those bad days, Equity didn't allow us to see UK films or shows. So when we heard that a film was being made, we were very keen, but had never heard of these people... so Gerry knocked me for six from the start. I didn't know his name but when I saw him I fell in love for ever. I know every word and every move and I wish I were Emmy... I often drive alone and then I put in the CD and play it really LOUD... Oh.My.Word. And my husband's mother is pure Scottish, so I just love that accent - it is so special. My son loves him too and is proud to be 1/4 Scot !! with Gerry-hugs to you all from South Africa ...

I sing “Phantom of the Opera” and “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” a lot, especially since I know all of the lyrics for both songs. I sometimes sing bits and pieces of “Think of Me” because I don’t know all of the lyrics to it. I also love singing “Point of No Return,” but for some reason I only seem to know Gerry’s part. I’ll also sing bits and pieces of “Music of the Night,” but I don’t know all of its lyrics even though I listen to it all of the time. It’s like “Think of Me,” both beautiful songs but not the easiest to memorize (at least in my case). In my opinion, “The Phantom of the Opera” and “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” are easier to memorize the lyrics to and sing (even though I, of course, can’t carry a tune, lol) than “Music of the Night” and “Think of Me.” Could some of the singers we have on this site mention which songs they find the hardest to memorize or sing?

:

I love the entire POTO soundtrack but the song I catch myself singing at random moments is 'The Phantom of the Opera'...I absolutely LOVE the music to that song and the corridor scene was my defining "Gerry moment"...I will never forget it!

:pant: That was my wake up scene too. When he took her hand and looked back at her, I was a goner :yummy:

I wake up several times a night, and I always seem to hear something from POTO in my mind. The music is mesmerizing as is the Phantom. :pant: Those gorgeous eyes were so seductive, I would have followed him anywhere. :yummy:

Spartandax

When I see him as Don Juan stalking across that stage like a hungry panther, "Neil Young's "Like a Hurricane" comes to mind. LOL!

Ohhhhhhh, LAWRDY, Pilar! You had to put THAT image in my head, didn't you?! Off to imagine write Gerik steamy scenes now!

On Topic - I LOVE the music to this soundtrack soooo much, I am always singing, humming, whistling tunes from it. Mostly I find myself humming Angel of Music and Point of No Return and of course, Music of the Knight.

PS. Music of the Knight. That was a typo - but I think I just accidently found my working Title!! What do you think, Pilar?

I have an accompaniment track CD and I sing sing ALL the songs!

I wait until no one else is home, turn on the CD loud, and just sing my little heart out! I love every song, but my faves to sing are PONR and WYWSH.

Swannie

When I see him as Don Juan stalking across that stage like a hungry panther, "Neil Young's "Like a Hurricane" comes to mind. LOL!

Ohhhhhhh, LAWRDY, Pilar! You had to put THAT image in my head, didn't you?! Off to imagine write Gerik steamy scenes now!

On Topic - I LOVE the music to this soundtrack soooo much, I am always singing, humming, whistling tunes from it. Mostly I find myself humming Angel of Music and Point of No Return and of course, Music of the Knight.

PS. Music of the Knight. That was a typo - but I think I just accidently found my working Title!! What do you think, Pilar?

Hmmmm, would ye be writin' that for me? since I am Gerry's Knight Phantom?? In another fandom there are lots of smut stories titled like that! you know mw...all for smut!

Hmmmm, would ye be writin' that for me? since I am Gerry's Knight Phantom?? In another fandom there are lots of smut stories titled like that! you know mw...all for smut!

Deb, can you point me to the other fandom? I need me some smut! :lol:

Deb, can you point me to the other fandom? I need me some smut! :lol:

Well, if you like Vampires, and sexy blondes PM me and I'll set you in the right direction.

The other fandom BTW is mine and Iliessa's beloved "Forever Knight", and let me tell you...there is some mighty randy stuff to be read out there!!

The other fandom BTW is mine and Iliessa's beloved "Forever Knight", and let me tell you...there is some mighty randy stuff to be read out there!!

Ooooohhhh...I would love to read "Forever Knight"....is the author willing to share? :)

I often catch my self singing "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again". I think because the lyrics touched me from the first time I saw the play lo those many years ago!! I too have missed my father most of my life and often wish he were here again.

Ooooohhhh...I would love to read "Forever Knight"....is the author willing to share? :)

Feel free to PM me and I will gladly share links to FK archives (Even some of my stuff is archived). You too Elissa!

ps~ if you are not familiar with Forever Knight, please look it up on netflix. All three seasons are available on DVD.

Edited by Knight Phantom