Gerard Butler GALS

TUT POLL from Entertainment Weekly

Rubee815

I wasn't "surprised" in the least that it would be enjoyable.

Well, I voted and I saw nothing at all "vile" about the movie. "Don't Mess With The Zohan" was vile! I almost got up and walked out on that one and I like AS.

I must admit that today, was a stressful day for me so I tottered off to the next wee town and went to their brand new cinema and saw TUT again by myself this time (my second viewing). It was nice! The seats had never been sat in, there was still the smell of fresh paint and the ticket was only $5.50. I sound like I was getting on the Titantic! Anyway, it was lovely to sit there by myself, just a few people scattered about, enjoying some alone time with my favorite Scot. The movie, again, was funny and cute and I laughed,... again, and when the dancing scene came on, I savored every beat of it! I also thought I detected Gerry "lip syncing" the words! Oh well. That shows where my focus was and imagining what it would feel like to be "dipped" by Gerard Butler.

Thanks, Barb!

D

How could you call this movie vile? I think it had a message, maybe more than one if you count "Mike's" past confessions. Anyway, I'm so excited because our small town theater is holding over TUT for the third week and since my family is coming for a week's visit tomorrow my daughter-in-law and I are going to see it. Both of my sons can too if they want to. My D-I-L and I saw PSILY twice when I visited them when it was out. I introduced her to Gerry and now she is hooked. It made her day when I told her that TUT would be here. She and my son haven't been able to go because of my baby granddaughter. Grandpa will baby-sit for us because he has already seen it once!! LOL!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I have thought that the reviewers never got the "message" of the movie--just too hung up on

finding fault with it. I can understand some finding it not to their taste. But so many just said it

was too "predictable." Well, duh--romantic comedy, nice to have it have a happy ending. I am

just glad many are liking it--obviously and that it is doing well at the box office.

Delene, I saw 300 several times early in the day with only a few people in the theater. It is

like a private showing and I loved that. Nice to have the theater full for the sake of $$, but me,

I like being alone with the "king" (and I don't mean just King Leo.)

The more I see TUT the more I love it. Gerry does know how to pick them!!

Hugs,

Judy

This is one that I enjoy more each time I see it. I also really enjoy hearing how loudly others in the audience, both men and women, laugh at all the right places.

As of yesterday the box office has topped $60 million so to the critics I say stick it where the sun don't shine!!

This is one that I enjoy more each time I see it. I also really enjoy hearing how loudly others in the audience, both men and women, laugh at all the right places.

As of yesterday the box office has topped $60 million so to the critics I say stick it where the sun don't shine!!

I knew this movie would be great, just like every other Gerry movie. I don't care what

the critics say. I make my owe decisions. No one will ever discourage me from a

Gerry movie. I back his choices every time, because he has proven that his choices of

projects are things he can do well at the time he chooses them.

I have introduced two new people to TUT and, yes, there are two more Gerry fans in the

world today.

WORD TO THE WISE, the CD soundtrack is a HUGE disappointment. One not whole song

on the whole CD. Not one note of the dance scene. Not one note of "Bucket full of sunshine."

Total waste of 9.99. Just snippits of music from the movie. It is recognizable, at least to

me, but I've seen the movie 16 times already. Going to see it twice more tomorrow if my

summer cold will allow.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

One of the female critics at EW thought it was file because of the vibrating panties scene in the restaurant, she thought it was humiliating. But as a film critic she should know comedy is often about humiliation. See Ben Stiller in Something about Mary for example, or Steve Carell in 40 Year Old Virgin, or any old rerun of I Love Lucy.

I do think, despite the clear success of the TUT the critical backlash has somewhat depressed the box office figures. So instead of 60 million it might be 70 million. TUT will show a profit in any case. The positive critical response to The Hangover very much contributed to the success of that movie, because some folks do pay attention to reviews. They are not the people who rush out to see the movie on opening weekend; they’ll wait for a weeknight or the next weekend if the reviews are somewhat positive. It not they’ll catch in on cable and think it was better then they expected.

I voted for enjoyable. My sister and I didn't find TUT vile at all. The movie is funny! Gerry was, as always, awesome in it. We and the rest of the audience (mostly women) laughed throughout the entire movie. I wonder if the so-called critics will label Gamer as "too violent?" Who cares what the critics think anyway?

One of the female critics at EW thought it was file because of the vibrating panties scene in the restaurant, she thought it was humiliating. But as a film critic she should know comedy is often about humiliation.

Humiliating for whom? Perhaps someone who has some issues with the female orgasm? Can I say that? I thought it was more "humiliatin" to watch Katherine act like a goofy school girl with her spaz dance! Who the heck does that anyway? OK, so I only do it when I eat a Klondike bar but who doesn't....GEEZ! :funnyface:

D

Well, I voted and I saw nothing at all "vile" about the movie. "Don't Mess With The Zohan" was vile! I almost got up and walked out on that one and I like AS.

I must admit that today, was a stressful day for me so I tottered off to the next wee town and went to their brand new cinema and saw TUT again by myself this time (my second viewing). It was nice! The seats had never been sat in, there was still the smell of fresh paint and the ticket was only $5.50. I sound like I was getting on the Titantic! Anyway, it was lovely to sit there by myself, just a few people scattered about, enjoying some alone time with my favorite Scot. The movie, again, was funny and cute and I laughed,... again, and when the dancing scene came on, I savored every beat of it! I also thought I detected Gerry "lip syncing" the words! Oh well. That shows where my focus was and imagining what it would feel like to be "dipped" by Gerard Butler.

Thanks, Barb!

D

Thanks, Barb!

D

I thought some of the critics were really over the top in the language they used to trash the film. One said it was on a par with 'The Antichrist' as the most horrible film this year!!!

They seemed to be taking it far too seriously and just not enjoying the tonge in cheek, raunchy romp.

Thank goodness the deluge of bad reviews has not stopped people going to see it, enjoying it and passing the word on. The Box Office success bears this out.. In these days of Internet blogs and comments critics' views dont influence people as much as they used to.

Mirin