Gerard Butler GALS

Gerard in NYC 9/24

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad that when someone finally realizes their dream in doing what they love the price they have to pay is the loss to any right of privacy and what happened in that video. It's very unfair and happiness in living your dream shouldn't have to be a trade off. I didn't watch it but can tell by your reactions it was painful to see. I can talk a big game having a talent for the perviest smack talk ever. Example: "Fook those jeans make him look fooking hot and I would love to peel off that c**k hat and.....(18 &over forum)! But when it comes down to it if I ever passed him on the sidewalk or met him I wouldn't be capable of anything other than a small smile and maybe a quiet hello if that. ~Becca :wuv:

I'm Scottish so I have to say this.....It cost Gerry $20.00 to get away from this dude!!!! That sucks!!! I also don't like the way this dude was pressuring Gerry to talk. No one should think they have a right to make someone talk to them. Who does he think he is???? OK, thank you for letting me vent!!!! :tantrum:

BTW Gerry....Lookin good, you handsome devil you!!! :wuv:

~HUGS~ Kathy

I'm Scottish so I have to say this.....It cost Gerry $20.00 to get away from this dude!!!! That sucks!!! I also don't like the way this dude was pressuring Gerry to talk. No one should think they have a right to make someone talk to them. Who does he think he is???? OK, thank you for letting me vent!!!! :tantrum:

BTW Gerry....Lookin good, you handsome devil you!!! :wuv:

~HUGS~ Kathy

He was such a sport about it. You could tell that he was annoyed, but you could practically see in his eyes that he knew it was the guy's job and he wasn't doing it to be malicious. He said a few words to him, answered a few questions, and tried to keep it moving. It amazes me that this man's beautiful soul is visible in such a soulless video. Oh Gerry.

:wuv:

Stephanie

He was very nice, but dude shoulda got the hint. Seriously, it's all about dollars. If people feel that strongly about the issue then they should write to the sponsors of the show, and threaten to boycott their products.

So, until someone is severley hurt, or killed in the pursuit of a celeb nothign will be done about it. In America, we're reactive, not so much on the proactive side!

JMO

D

Gerry handles the paps better than any other celebrity around. He just lets them know he

isn't happy about them catching him "this time." You can tell when he doesn't think his fans

would like to see him "like this." He just tries to hurry away hoping they won't pursue him.

I love him getting into the taxi. I've never seen him pull that before. He usually gets on his

phone and calls someone to pick him up.

I truly hope that he doesn't get so tired of the paps that he stops walking around on his own.

He loves to walk and has done so for so long, and it is such good exercise for him. I hope

the bad walks don't outweigh the good walks. I would hate for him to lose that joy in his life.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I agree on the 'razzi following him around but I remember the old days when the press would ask who he was. It still makes me cringe to think how someone could ask "Who are you" or "Are you anybody"?

As a celebrity it has to make you feel good to have the recognition and attention and I think his smile in the cab shows he is not too put out by the encounter.

I wonder if he is going to bill TMZ the $20.00?

Guest rcarder100

Nice pics! He looks damn good!

You can play it safe and sit on the sidelines, or you can try to make things happen for yourself. Personally, I'd feel like a jackass tracking dude down to where he hung out, and then trying to talk to him. However, some people don't. I think if they can say hello and then keep it moving then it's not such a big deal. Unfortunately, people get lost in their own fantasies, and that's where things become dangerous.

I guess if the people who are offended by the pics of him walking down the street on his own time, dont by the papers, or look at the tv shows where these things are published and broadcast things will change. Until then tracking people down in their private time will remain the thing to do.

The only time I really felt uncomfortable, and bad for Gerry...was when TMZ caught him making out with a really pretty girl at an outdoor arcade. As bad as I felt for them both...I watched it. More than once. But, I'm a freak like that.... :wuv:

I must say that Gerry is pretty patient, but you can always tell when his temper starts to flare....LOL, even with that smile on his face.

D

I felt a little weird looking at the pictures of him coming out of his garage in LA. I didn't realize it at first until I recognized the white car, and then read the caption underneath where the pics came from. I know the photographer had a super long lens, but geesh! That would freak me out to raise the garage door and see someone taking my picture.

I must say that Gerry is pretty patient, but you can always tell when his temper starts to flare....LOL, even with that smile on his face.

D

I agree, he is so patient with all the paparazzi, but you can tell when he's at the point where he just wants ot be left alone, and I can't blame him in the least. It must be so unnerving to have your every move recorded. I heard him tell the paps once, that "Okay, I've posed for some pictures, but that's enough now". Which I thought was still very plolite given the circumstances.

I love to see Gerry walking down the street or whatever and I realize that this is an invasion of his privacy and I hate seeing him uncomfortable, however, it's a reality of the business he's in and he knows that and the upside that he can focus on is that his fans will be happy, despite our own moanings of how we hate it, WE ARE LOOKING and we are posting the links to the site.

Anyway, I don't agree with how TMZ portrays celebrities sometimes and it seems an opportunistic way of making a living, but voyeurism has always been alive and well and it's hypocritical of anyone to participate in it by viewing it and then bemoaning the cruelty of it.

To put it in perspective, I think Gerry has come to realize it's going to happen and he will smile and try to push on as best he can without getting hostile. I believe his biggest fear is being irritated in to saying something inappropriate or making a scene that would put him in a negative light and as he knows and so should we, that is what the razzi's are fishing for. Don't give them the upper hand and be nice and just get the heck away. Good job, Ger!

I've noticed some celebrities stop and talk and are friendly to TMZ because they know it's going to be on TV and it looks good to their fans to be a nice person, but the main thing it's not giving them what they really want and that is making a big scene showing anger. Being a jerk or a biotch gets you no where and again, gives them what they want and if you are going to get caught out in your private time in a public place, just bear through a couple of minutes, stay in control and smile and if a prying question comes your way, don't get upset, just laugh or make a joke or have a pat response like, "I just love you guys!" and say "cheers" and walk on.

I hate TMZ's presentation of Gerry sometimes and I see it kind of like almost a "hazing" of sorts in to the club. Gerry's in now and the more he is seen and the nicer he is to these people, the better they will act as well. I'm not saying he needs to be on the right side of the paps to be accepted, but since they are out there and no laws can stop them, you have to make the best of it.

I can tell when Gerry is faking. His mouth is smiling but his eyes are saying "go the bloody hell away!

I love Gerry in his rooster cap. He'd fit right in out here in the sticks where I live. I could see him riding on his John Deere tractor, racing a break neck speed of ten miles per hour up the road! :funnyup:

Delene

He was very nice, but dude shoulda got the hint. Seriously, it's all about dollars. If people feel that strongly about the issue then they should write to the sponsors of the show, and threaten to boycott their products.

So, until someone is severley hurt, or killed in the pursuit of a celeb nothign will be done about it. In America, we're reactive, not so much on the proactive side!

JMO

D

Alright, I'd love to write to whoever is responsible for these pictures and express my opinion that it's an intrusion.... who is responsible for these pictures and how can I contact them?

Also, I hesitate to bring this up, but the fracas that Gerry got into with the paparazzi after the RocknRolla premiere was like that. Apparently the guy had run a few red lights pursuing him and almost struck several pedestrians.

I agree, he is so patient with all the paparazzi, but you can tell when he's at the point where he just wants ot be left alone, and I can't blame him in the least. It must be so unnerving to have your every move recorded. I heard him tell the paps once, that "Okay, I've posed for some pictures, but that's enough now". Which I thought was still very plolite given the circumstances.

Exactly! He always gives the camera at least one smile or wave. If they just snapped a few and then let him go on his way, that would be fine, and if that were the case I think Gerry would be even more willing to put up with it. But instead, they have to pursue him, as if they think they're going to catch him doing something really scandalous. Like when Gerry was relaying the story about them trying to get a shot of him eating... wtf was that all about?!

Steph

I think Gerard handled the whole situation very well indeed, real nicely. Great that he got that taxi and was able to leave those paparazzis behind.

I do love the little grin he can't keep from his lips when he explains he's just trying to get away from the paparazzi. *Guilty pleasure*

Steph

TMZ is owned by Time Warner, so they are very much part of the corporate media. When Gerry has run into disputes that go public they have gotten his side of the story out there so it works both ways. I think he’s well aware this is something he has to endure no matter how frustrating he finds it.

OK~ PERSONAL OPINION ALERT~

While I do enjoy the pictures of Gerry out and about, I do NOT watch trash like Perez Hilton or TMZ. If you want to watch be my guest, but once you do watch; don't b*tch about the fact that Gerry is being stalked by the 'razzi.

I agree that if we; as a society, quit watching and linking, that they (the razzis) would probably fade away. I don't read the rag mags either. I will wait patiently for articles and pictures that do not try to goad Gerry or any other celebrity for that matter, into behaving badly or blatantly invading their personal space.

Rant over...I return you to your regularly scheduled drool fest!

OK~ PERSONAL OPINION ALERT~

While I do enjoy the pictures of Gerry out and about, I do NOT watch trash like Perez Hilton or TMZ. If you want to watch be my guest, but once you do watch; don't b*tch about the fact that Gerry is being stalked by the 'razzi.

I agree that if we; as a society, quit watching and linking, that they (the razzis) would probably fade away. I don't read the rag mags either. I will wait patiently for articles and pictures that do not try to goad Gerry or any other celebrity for that matter, into behaving badly or blatantly invading their personal space.

Rant over...I return you to your regularly scheduled drool fest!

:yay::yourock:

I love when you give your personal opinion - it usually jives with mine. So here comes my rant ...

Personally, I never watch TMZ on television nor on the internet. And I never read or buy the rag mags. I am guilty of once in a blue moon viewing the pictures that we post, usually never saving them (there have been a few gorgeous occasions). But I would never squash anyone else's right to do that so like Deb said if you like it watch it, but don't bitch about it.

Imagine if fans of every celebrity decided "we're pissed off and we're not gonna take it anymore" and we stop feeding the razzi need. They would quickly go out of business.

We shouldn't't wait for another Princess Diana incident. It should have ended there, but seems to have only gotten worse (or just my perception since I have never followed a celebritie's career before). My wish is that the celebrities would band together and create legislature that severely hinders the razzis from doing whatever the hell they want.

I would be very happy seeing Gerry only on talk shows and at premieres. I don't need to see him eating or walking down the street while trying to have a quiet day to himself. I don't want to read that he had to jump in a cab to feel safe and get his alone time - or even to get from Point A to Point B.

Thanks, Deb.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

TMZ is owned by Time Warner, so they are very much part of the corporate media. When Gerry has run into disputes that go public they have gotten his side of the story out there so it works both ways. I think he’s well aware this is something he has to endure no matter how frustrating he finds it.

Absolutely! I don't defend everything that TMZ does however they do try to keep it real most of the time but don't really seem to try to distort the facts (too much). Levin knows how far he can push it but he sometimes says things that aren't very nice and that's when I get angry.

His little band of razzies there have become celebrities in their own right and seem almost protective and defensive of their own favorites at times. They can be quite entertaining too.

They need to stop with the "subtler... Butler" thing. I never found it funny. It's old and played out.

Delene

P.S. Who the heck is Perez Hilton???? I've heard the name but have no idea who this is.

I do watch TMZ from time to time, and I especially watch if they have a blurb about someone that I like.

I don't purchase the gossip rags, but if they're laying around I read them if someone peaks my interest. I don't believe half of what I read, and most of what I see...so I take it all with a grain of salt.

Creating legislation? There are anti-stalking laws, and privacy laws. However, there are allowances for dealing with public figures. I believe the laws vary from state to state. Can you imagine being a Congressman and going on record that your new fight is making sure the paparrazi leave celebs in peace? Healthcare issues, taxes, violent crime and other social ills rank are high on the list.

Americans love celebrities, but more than that we love to watch people fall in disgrace. It's sick. We live in a culture that lives to build people, only to tear them down. People see a guy doing well, living the dream and they're all about it. Then next thing you know... the subtle decent into madness and destruction begin. People slowly chinking away at the armor, looking for a reason to make someone that is happy as miserable as they may feel.

IMO, there is a contingent that believes that they are owed something when people are public figures. You see George, Gerry, et al doing well, so now 'we' are entitled to know all that we can about you, and if you tell me to eff off, then you're at fault. I paid to see your movies and supported your career when you weren't big.

It's like a sick form of jealousy. Why is this guy living his dream, and I'm stuck in this bs job with these people that I hate, blah blah blah.

Then again, there is another explination, a very simple one. Nosiness, voyeurism, whatever you want to call it. Personally, this is the category that I fit into, LOL...my mother always told me that I needed to mind my damn business, and I would avoid trouble, LOL....

Also, Perez Hilton is a d***e bag! I've read his site....not Page Six...but whatever!

JMO

I agree 100% that there are more important issues that the government has to deal with, but I also believe that putting people's lives in danger and infringing on people's privacy is important as well. I guess another celeb has to die before people will believe how dangerous these vultures are.

I'm not sure about your generalization that people like to see celebs fall from grace. Maybe I'm in the minority, but those are the types of stories I don't listen to. For a more recent example, Mackenzie Phillip or even the whole Lindsay Lohan stuff. I know so little. I don't also don't know too many people who do care about that stuff. I can't even comment cause I don't know anything. LOL I did care about the deaths of major celebrities, but once the sadness was over and crap began I stopped listening. I don't understand this need to tear people down. Like you said, it's jealousy.

I have a feeling we're in agreement on this issue ... maybe in different ways. This is about the fourth or fifth discussion about this subject I've had on GALS in the two years I've been around. It's a never ending discussion.

I don't believe in earning a living off of someone else's back. I don't just mean it for Gerry but for all celebs. I saw on TV one time Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick trying to walk to their car and how they could barely move becuase of the hoards of photographers ... it was disgusting. After Diana died George Clooney was very vocal, but not since. I just don't want someone else to die because some razzi dirtbag runs red lights to get a picture ...

Again, this is a never-ending discussion,and we as fans have to deal with our own personal opinions on it.

I remember when George Clooney spoke out!

They boycotted taking pictures of him at his premiere! I don't remember which one, but there was a big story on it. George's career hasn't been effected, and they are back to stalking him and his gf's.

I don't know....I would just feel weird and untalented if I were earning my living like that. Yet and still, I look at the pix, and watch the shows!

In one of my Uni classes back in the day, I'd decided to do a paper on the arguement for a celebrities right to privacy. I went to my professor with the information that I had, and asked her for help. She flat out told me she would FLUNK me if I did that paper. I'm paraphrasing here, but she said celebs have very little right to privacy, because they use 'us' (media) for their own end, and when it doesn't suit them they want 'us' to go away.

Needless to say, I changed my paper topic. Got an A, but I was sh*tty on fire after that!

Oh yeah...it was a journalism class! Although paps, TMZ, Perez Hilton are not legit journalist, or photo journalists they are lumped in there.

My professor? She's tops in her profession, and well respected the world over. Crazy stuff!

D

Sorry about the run ons, and misspellings, LOL!

Edited by DNice09