Gerard Butler GALS

VEGAS REGISTRATION IS OPEN!

These events seem very fun. Wish I could go...

~Ray

You can be there in spirit, ye know! How about donating one of your fabulous works of art to the silent auction? All proceeds would benefit The Shade Tree! :kisswink:

Any ideas on how to get him to stop sulking?

Make a "cheerio mouth" and watch your teeth? :confused: That always works on Big Mike...

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finally told my best friend I was going to Vegas-the one I said would hold an intervention when she found out. Weel, it came thisclose to one, but in the end she thought it was cool and a great idea I go. Only after I promised I would give her a detailed travel itinerary and call 3 times a day. Yes, I know I'm grown, she just worries. But. BUT. Now the GROUP will soon be giving me an insurmountable amount of hell. Not because it's a fan convention but Vegas is the week after our annual week long camping trip to the lake and I can't go because I'm taking the time off work for Vegas instead.

Since all my friends are married, any suggestion that doesn't involve cheerios to appease them? These are the same people that have yet to forget when I went somewhere else for Memorial Day weekend 6 years ago, they bring it up every year. You have to love the friends who graft you in as family.

I'm too tired to figure the days but it's closer to Vegas! :yahoo: Yes, if you are wondering, I was the kid in the back seat asking every 5 minutes "Are we there yet, are we there yet?"

:kisswink: Pass the JJ mints and Gerrita me please!

Bex

:vegasbaby:

Edited by ready2fly

Bex,

Tell them it's for a really good cause.....The Shade Tree....and helping this charity is near and dear to your heart....amonst other things too....lol

"So don't make me feel bad about going to this!" Be firm...LOL

~ Linda~

PS....You are going to have a blast!

Edited by Poppy

:funnyup: Ya Bex what Linda said!

It is a Charity event after all. How many of those do you get to go to and drool over a Hot Scot!

Passing around the Gerrita Pitcher and tray of Butlerfingers......help yourselves!

cheryl

Bex,

Tell them they could have nixed the camping trip and come to Vegas with you for vacation! There'd be plenty of stuff for them to do whenever you're off whooping it up with your galfriends!

Yeah, Bex, what they said. Besides, there are no ants or creepy crawleys at the Hilton! You don't have to go to the "facilities" in the woods, and you can eat chocolate covered strawberries instead of burning your lip on s'mores!

See you in Vegas baby!

Suzie

:wave: Thanks ladies! I don't think they'll do Vegas and that's fine with me. That way I get to miss out on all the creepy crawleys of early summer mainly the June Bugs-ack! I'm not exactly the best outdoor girl. Plus we have July 4th, Labor day and all summer.

If it gets too bad I'll remind them of the year they forgot I'm allergic and mixed shellfish in with some other food, it shuts them up everytime!

:) Bex

Hey, I'm "local" to you. I've no problem with getting Big Mike to go kick some arse... :kisswink:

Hey, I'm "local" to you. I've no problem with getting Big Mike to go kick some arse... :kisswink:

I don't think we need to open the 55 gallon drum of whoop arse just yet Spot! But I love that you went there. :)

Edited by ready2fly

Just registered! I'm so excited to attend my first con. Can't wait to meet you lovely GALS.

:yay: That's great! It will be my first convention too and I'm so way beyond excited! ~Bex

:goodjob: Reg!

Can't wait to meet you and Bex and all the other new gals who are attending! :wuv:

I...I...I'm actually considering it, too. OMIGOSH, what has Gerry DONE to me!?!?!?!?!!!!

How cool Raz on the seat sale! (I'm so jealous of the seat sale.)

I'm still undecided on how long I'm staying so it'll be a bit longer before I book my flight.

I can't wait to meet you too Cheryl, KT and all the Gals who have been so nice and welcomed me into the FANmily! :D

Beacon 1 you should come, you won't be the only newbie there. I hear it's amazing and for a great cause.

Bex

Reggie,

I'm so glad you are going! You are so going to have a blast and it will wonderful to see you again!

hugs, Linda

To Beacon and all the other GALS who are still "on the fence" about coming or have never done anything like this before.....

Cheryl and I were newbies last year. We both came by ourselves (...BY OURSELVES!!!! WHAT WERE WE THINKING???) and had never met anyone except online at GALS.

I was nervous about what to expect...will anyone talk to me? Everybody probably already knows one another. I have never done anything like this before! I'm going to spend the entire time in my room because I won't fit in!......this is what I was thinking!

BUT..........

...you never know what is going to happen unless you try it, so....I just took a deep breath and registered! I got my plane tickets and got on the plane (good thing I brought extra underwear because I was so nervous that I was cr@pping myself!!! HA! HA! :kisswink: ). When I got to Vegas I slowly walked down the hall toward the ballroom to pick up my registration package and you know what???.....I was greeted with the biggest smiles and the warmest welcomes at the registration table. I was directed to go into the ballroom and look around. I sat myself down at a table and was trying to take it all in and catch my breath when Cheryl walked over to me and we started chatting. She was new as well and we just hit it off! Within 5 minutes we knew the entire room and were all chatting and making plans to hangout together!

Holy cr@p!!! That was easy!?!?! What was I afraid of in the first place? That was so simple and everyone was sooooo fabulous!!!

And that is how it happened!

So...just jump right off that edge! NO FEAR!!! The GALS will catch you! And you will have a blast!!!! :2cents:

See you all in :vegasbaby: !!!

Raz :kisswink:

Can't wait to meet you Bex!

Come on and take the plunge Beacon! You won't regret it.

Cheryl

How cool Raz on the seat sale! (I'm so jealous of the seat sale.)

I know!!!! How COOL is that !?!!!

:p

I'm still undecided on how long I'm staying so it'll be a bit longer before I book my flight.

I am flying in on Wednesday and leaving on Sunday. If you can get an extra day I highly recommend seeing one of the shows in Vegas. I saw "O" last year and it was amazing!!!! I have also heard really good things about the Chris Angel show!

See you there Bex! Can't wait to meet you!

Raz

Bex

Okay, am I doing something wrong? I'm much later than I'd hoped getting registered, but I do plan on coming...problem is, when I go the site and click on "registration", then on "registration form", it's blank...there's no registration form to fill out. I don't know if it's a problem with my computer or what, but I can't bring the form up on either my laptop OR my other computer...HELP! I've been trying to register since yesterday...