Gerard Butler GALS

Box Office

Novelistgirl

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is pretty amazing! NOT one of the box office prediction outlets put LAC in the top 5 this weekend going against Paranormal Activity and Saw VI. PA received almost 2000 outlets this weekend so the buzz on the box office was that it would be strong. Also The Vampires Assistant and Astro Boy were suppose to be big this weekend with Where the Wild Things Are being another strong contender. Not once did I see LAC even mentioned...

So how did it shake out last night?

1. PA

2. Saw VI

3. WTWTA 4.4 million

4. LAC 4.3 million

...Vampires Assistant, Astro and Amelia all performed badly up against last weeks hits. Only Saw got it's audience.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/paran...iday-box-office

The movie has legs and GREAT word of mouth!!!!! Love it!!!!

It's been almost a week since I last saw LAC. I might have to take a trip to the theatre tomorrow afternoon, I think I'm having withdrawal! :D Plus, it never hurts to help out those numbers!

Steph

Same here. It's been a week today and I'm dying ... time to cash in those bottles and cans!

I want to go see it again before it's out of the theaters here if it already isn't...I've been feeling a bit better so think I'm ready to go sit and watch our guy do his brilliant Thang one more time!! :wuv: Anybody have any latest numbers BTW?

:wave: Frannie

Just checked the numbers Frannie......After 10 days.....

Box Office Mojo

LAW ABIDING CITIZEN

Domestic Total as of Oct. 25, 2009: $40,318,000 (Estimate)

Distributor: Overture Films Release Date: October 16, 2009

Genre: Thriller Running Time: 1 hrs. 48 min.

MPAA Rating: R Production Budget: $50 million

~HUGS~ Kathy

I am most excited to see how the movie will fare next weekend, as Michael Jackson`s highly anticipated (and from my end because I want to see it so bad lol) documentary "This Is It" comes out on Wednesday. This Is It is expected to do very well....so we shall see.

Just checked the numbers Frannie......After 10 days.....

Box Office Mojo

LAW ABIDING CITIZEN

Domestic Total as of Oct. 25, 2009: $40,318,000 (Estimate)

~HUGS~ Kathy

That is an excellent result, almost the production budget reached! I wonder how much it will have to make to be seen as a commercial success for the producers?

And these numbers are only for the US! Wait until it's released world wide, the numbers will climb dramatically!!

Cheryl

LAC opens in Denmark on Thursday and I have my ticket...can't waite. I am so glad that it is doing well in the US.

We have had so many Gerard movies here in DK in the last 2,5 months...I have just been in heaven. :wuv:

Anyone know what is going on with the Burns movie? It sounds like he's going to do Coriolanus first?

I went with my two sisters to see it on opening day as well....and they enjoyed it! Saw it this week-end in NYC with some Gerry fans and we all loved it again....lol

LAW ABIDING CITIZEN- Box Office Mojo

Domestic Total as of Oct. 30, 2009: $46,507,000 (Estimate)

Latest figures so far on Mojo....

~HUGS~ Kathy