Gerard Butler GALS

Gerard Butler intimate presentation!

Smith

Tuesday huh? I thought I smelled more testosterone in the valley of the sun. lol The alpha male was breathing my air...

Seriously, Gerry is always giving a helping hand to his friends. I am amazed and inspired by his passionate willingness to support others.

Sally

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just seemed to fill that room. Loved seeing him so so.... normal. Less "celebrity" and more natural. Nervous of course, and adorable as such. Penguinspeak being a prime example. He cracks himself up lol. THIS is the Gerry that I enjoy seeing. Hollywood polish doesnt interest me. It's nice to see that when out of the bright limelight he is still real, and still him.

I may be alone but I for one am glad he didnt do Sherlock. I could see him in that role but RDJ was fantastic. As was Jude Law. And they had awesome chemistry. I love that movie as is and I wouldnt want to change it. Plus I believe things happen for a reason. He turned it down and I bet it was the right thing and as stated it probably clashed with LAC, which he is rightly very proud of. I can't help thinking how we aren't always given what we want, but are usually given what we need (whether we understand or not). Although it was only strongly hinted Gerry really wanted Poseidon but didnt get it and cuz he didnt he then got 300. Makes ya think doesnt it?

ETA: :lmao: at Suzie :funnyup:

I agree.

This is my favorite Gerry.

Him being Gerry the man.

Not just the actor or the showmen.

He seems to be nervous in any sort of public speaking, talks shows, awards, but loosens up quickly.

It's so normal and human, like some of you said.

I wish those media hounds could see him like this and they'd realize he's only human. And an top notch one as well.

Thanks for posting.

He is certainly busy in his "time off" filming.

I don't think he ever takes a break. Not even on his vacations.

According to IMDb a sequel is in the works and Brad Pitt is to play Moriarty. NOT fond of that casting. And I actually like BP but NOT as Moriarty. But what made this movie so awesome for me to watch was the chemistry between RDJ and JD. their Holmes and Watson partnership made the film. Well, that and sexy as fook Mark Strong and his velvet voice. :thud: I will miss MS in the sequel thats for sure.

I do sincerly hope that the success of SH will make an RnR sequel materialize as well. I absolutely LOVE Gerry as One Two. And another movie with him and Mark Strong is ALWAYS a good idea in my book.

Edited by MareksLadyD

Tuesday huh? I thought I smelled more testosterone in the valley of the sun. lol The alpha male was breathing my air...

Seriously, Gerry is always giving a helping hand to his friends. I am amazed and inspired by his passionate willingness to support others.

Sally

The Alpha Male was breathing my air.

That is perfect!!!

And, the testosterone remark helps me understand my very visceral response to Gerry. He brings out that sense of biological imperative to procreate with a strong provider/protector/mate. Guess my ovaries recognize those traits in him. hahahaha! :)

Sharon

Edited by beacon1

Well, Ive just gotta say Gerrys the best anyway and I love him for becoming the actor that he is. If he continued on as a lawyer, we wouldnt know what an amazing man he is.

Maybe we all would be drooling over George Clooney instead xD

Damn that makes me wonder.. Think about all the other men in the world that we dont know about thats nearly as awesome as Gerry.. I like that thought! But.. No one will ever top our great Gerard Butler, right?:D

Edited by Songbird

This thread has veered a bit off topic, but I think some valid discussion is taking place.

If you have an opinion (and everyone does! :lol: ) feel free to respectfully express it and allow others the respect of doing the same. We're all entitled to our opinions; let's not critique each other's posts.

Thank you and carry on! :rose:

I think of all the video clips I've watched of Gerry on talk shows, press junkets etc this has to be my favorite. He doesn't know any way to be other than himself regardless of the situation- a real person. He fidgets, gets tongue tied, loses track of where he is conversation, he's funny and sincere. It's his sincerity in everything he does that gets me every time.

Yet despite his apparent discomfort and while fidgeting and tripping himself up, he remains the well spoken and charming man we all love him for. He's just Gerry being Gerry in front of a room full of people. To me it doesn't get any better than that.

Bex

Edited by ready2fly

I think of all the video clips I've watched of Gerry on talk shows, press junkets etc this has to be favorite. He doesn't know any way to be other than himself regardless of the situation- a real person. He fidgets, gets tongue tied, loses track of where he is conversation, he's funny and sincere. It's his sincerity in everything he does that gets me every time.

Yet despite his apparent discomfort and while fidgeting and tripping himself up, he remains the well spoken and charming man we all love him for. He's just Gerry being Gerry in front of a room full of people. To me it doesn't get any better than that.

Bex

"He's just Gerry being Gerry in front of a room full of people." I heartily agree with that statement. That is what sets him apart. He's always simply "him".

And, I think that's what makes us feel so close to him...even if we've never met him. The man is consistently human. Charming or grumpy. Flirting with fans or telling off the paparazzi. Working diligently on a scene or goofing around on the set like a big kid. They are all facets of a real person. (Just watched the three "Plan" features for "Gamer". Those clips show how much he loves to tease his co-workers something fierce!)

Again, just let me sit around a table with him (with some Coca Cola and tasty snacks) and let him tell stories. It would be an amazing experience. THAT would be a great contest prize. :p

Edited by beacon1

Some of you did not heed my warning and some posts have been made invisible. If you see your's missing, there's a reason for it.

Please keep to the thread topic or a) more posts will be set invisible or b) we'll close the thread.

Edited to Add: Some of the posts that were cloaked will be scrutinized as time permits for the MS, and some posts, or portions of posts, may be uncloaked.

Gerry's role choices (and his choice to turn down a role in Sherlock Holmes) are relevant (and on topic) as he mentions them in the video.

However, we caution that it is not an opportunity to bash Gerry's choices past present and future.

Everyone has their own opinions, and they're not all favorable to Gerry's choices, but that doesn't make the opinions any less important to note than another's favorable opinions.

As always, try to remain respectful to Gerry and to each other.

That 'in your face' with no apologies crap can be saved for TV reality shows instead of our board. :lol:

:thankyou:

Edited by Songbird

I think of all the video clips I've watched of Gerry on talk shows, press junkets etc this has to be favorite. He doesn't know any way to be other than himself regardless of the situation- a real person. He fidgets, gets tongue tied, loses track of where he is conversation, he's funny and sincere. It's his sincerity in everything he does that gets me every time.

Bex

I couldn't have said it better myself. :) So so very true, and all part of what makes him so so charming. :wuv:

Dang it! I have to watch this again! :tantrum:

I didn't hear anything until the "peguinese" snapped me out of my visual coma. I was stupefied by his mere appearance! Those shoulders and hair ... the bangles and bare arms ... and all wrapped up in that chocolately goodness shirt ... All I can think is "melts in my mouth..."

This was my friend Chrissie's response when I posted the video on Facebook:

I just LOVE him. ♥ I think it's absolutely adorable the way he laughs at himself. Always cracks me up. About three quarters of the way through, I thought "Wow, he hasn't dropped the F bomb!" Then, sure enough .. There it was! Haha! And OMG, quoting the penguin dialogue!! LMAO!!!! Too funny! Love him, love him, love him.

She TOTALLY needs to get her BUTT over to GALS!! :pointy:

You can just feel the audience enjoying him. They didn't laugh AT him, they were truly enjoying his wit and humor. Nervous or not, he really conveyed his feelings and opinions while being cute and handsome as a button. I can imagine everyone coming up to him after the program was over. I truly think Gerry's "personna" is just getting to people now. "People, enjoy our Gerry, we've been enjoying him for years!"

Joanie :wave:

Well, Ive just gotta say Gerrys the best anyway and I love him for becoming the actor that he is. If he continued on as a lawyer, we wouldnt know what an amazing man he is.

Maybe we all would be drooling over George Clooney instead xD

Damn that makes me wonder.. Think about all the other men in the world that we dont know about thats nearly as awesome as Gerry.. I like that thought! But.. No one will ever top our great Gerard Butler, right?:D

Yes, there could be other outstanding men out there undiscovered, but they'll probably wind up on The Bachelor! :funnyup:

The cream always rises to the top, sooner or later, and Gerry is definately the "cream of the crop"! He was meant for the world to enjoy even though sometimes I feel many still don't get it and that makes me sad! It sometimes reminds me of the Don McLean song "Vincent" the phrase; "This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you".

Delene

I am still crackin up everytime I think of his pequinese...and I've noticed on all of his interviews he is very fidgety...I also heard him say that he was the class clown in school ...I'm so glad he never grew out of that...I wonder if his mum ever had a hard time punishing him for misbehaving...you know he had to have been a little trickster...but with those eyes, chipmunks cheeks (oh so cute) and sweet smile...I can imagine the stuff he got away with.

Laurel