Gerard Butler GALS

4/21 - Gerry on location-Serbia - Coriolanus

becozy

In Gallery

http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/d/103186-3/42110-filming.jpg http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/d/103189-3/42110-filming_2.jpg

source: http://www.blic.rs/Z...imao-u-cik-zore

Gerard Butler who arrived in Belgrade the other day, as early as yesterday at half past six in the morning was in front of cameras shooting scenes from 'Coriolanus' directed by Ralph Fiennes. The area around the KPGT and the old Sugar plant was forbidden zone the whole day long for all interested to se what was going on.

Butler is playing a character of an army commander while our actor Slavko Stimac is in the role of his deputy. Butler shall stay in Belgrade until the end of the week and the popular Scottish actor is very busy. He is presently promoting films 'The Bounty Hunter' and 'How To Train Your Dragon'. Apart from 'Coriolanus' he is also acting in 'Untitled Comedy' with Naomi Watts. Soon he is to begin work on a new project 'Burns' in the role of famous Scottish poet Robert Burns.

full article here

Thanks to beacon1 for the heads up on this!

(English version was posted by Blic about 12 hours after the original.)

Gerry is right in his element and as much as I enjoy the comedies, it's great to see him again in a "meaty role". Would like to see him in more of these. :kisswink:

Edited by Knight Phantom
Changed pics to links per guidelines ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little bit different translation...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sr&tl=en&u=http://www.blic.rs/Zabava/Vesti/186358/Batler-zaduzen-za--salu-na-snimanju&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1

I tried to paste the article but it kept repeating every sentence.

Posted Image

True Deb, there's been lots of takes on Shakespeare recently Kenneth Brannagh does it best so I'm curious to see how this one goes. Personally I think sticking to the story is important otherwise it's not Shakespeare :)

I'm with you 100% Snap! Change of setting is okay; but the story, and IMO the original dialogue is mandatory for it to be considered Shakespeare.

Just read the joke article.

I'm not at all surprised he is the joker and also knows EVERYONE's name.

He's such a great guy.

My favorite part was about him being in his head and concentrating. Very Gerry.

I can't wait for this.

If you read this again, they are talking about Ralph Fiennes knowing everyone's name...Posted Image

If you read this again, they are talking about Ralph Fiennes knowing everyone's name...Posted Image

I don't know, Marg. When I read it I thought the same thing. That Gerry was the one who knows everyone, which is what we've heard before about Gerry. :wuv:

Either way, it sounds like this is a great set for everyone to work on which I'm sure will translate well into the film.

Lisa

Here's one slightly strange article. It depicts Gerry as capricious and eccentric.

http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=15&status=jedna&vest=177479&title_add=Od%20ku%26%23263;e%20do%20psihijatra&kword_add=dzerald%20batler,%20koriolan#vote

It is stated that Gerry is accommodated in a junior suite and not presidential suite as it had been reported earlier. He came from LA via Washington and then he landed in Rome where a private jet was waiting for him to take him to Belgrade. His female assistant didn’t manage to get on the same plane and according to this article she lost her and GB’s luggage so film’s crew had to buy clothes and underwear for Mr.Butler. It is reported that Gerry wanted to have a house while staying in Belgrade with one or two bedrooms despite being offered the hotel suite. When they found him a house with three bedrooms he said that he didn't like it because there was no antique furniture (????!!!!) and they are still trying to find a flat for him. It is reported that one of his requests was to have Sony’s LCD TV with 26 inches long screen in his trailer -- since those specific TVs cannot be found in Serbia, they bought him LCD TV 26 inches long but not Sony’s. Despite his TV, he is very rarely in his trailer anyway. After his arrival his personal coach came to Belgrade and according to this article he is also kind of a therapist. People around him say that he is afraid of his own shadow. The first few days in Belgrade, Butler has not left the hotel except to go to the movie location ( :lmao: ). Afterwards, he visited some of Belgrade's clubs and rafts. He said that he was surprised that Belgrade was European city and how kind and hospitable people were.

????!!!!! :( :( :( :(

Extraordinarily stupid and I would say inaccurate article. And what's ironic -- these newspapers (Vecernje novosti) are not even yellow press, but well-respected and usually serious papers. :hugely disappointed:

Edited by MissBgd

What this newspaper does not understand is that by writing such drivel trying to find something 'exciting' not only turns the paper into a tabloid it does a lot to prevent Gerry from considering Belgrade as a location for his future productions.

That is exactly the reason I was so mad after reading the article . It seems as if someone is making stuff up, just for the sake of writing about him. The security is so tight, and he specifically asked to be left alone so they can't get an interview with him -- hence, let's make some stuff up :(.

I do hope Gerry is used to it by now...-=Bl@ck_VelveT=- said it best: The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on...;)

Edited by MissBgd

I'm with you 100% Snap! Change of setting is okay; but the story, and IMO the original dialogue is mandatory for it to be considered Shakespeare.

I'm wondering if they are going to just use the story line and modern up the language, sort of like West Side Story did for Romeo and Juliet.

Here's one slightly strange article. It depicts Gerry as capricious and eccentric.

http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=15&status=jedna&vest=177479&title_add=Od%20ku%26%23263;e%20do%20psihijatra&kword_add=dzerald%20batler,%20koriolan#vote

It is stated that Gerry is accommodated in a junior suite and not presidential suite as it had been reported earlier. He came from LA via Washington and then he landed in Rome where a private jet was waiting for him to take him to Belgrade. His female assistant didn’t manage to get on the same plane and according to this article she lost her and GB’s luggage so film’s crew had to buy clothes and underwear for Mr.Butler. It is reported that Gerry wanted to have a house while staying in Belgrade with one or two bedrooms despite being offered the hotel suite. When they found him a house with three bedrooms he said that he didn't like it because there was no antique furniture (????!!!!) and they are still trying to find a flat for him. It is reported that one of his requests was to have Sony’s LCD TV with 26 inches long screen in his trailer -- since those specific TVs cannot be found in Serbia, they bought him LCD TV 26 inches long but not Sony’s. Despite his TV, he is very rarely in his trailer anyway. After his arrival his personal coach came to Belgrade and according to this article he is also kind of a therapist. People around him say that he is afraid of his own shadow. The first few days in Belgrade, Butler has not left the hotel except to go to the movie location ( :lmao: ). Afterwards, he visited some of Belgrade's clubs and rafts. He said that he was surprised that Belgrade was European city and how kind and hospitable people were.

Extraordinarily stupid and I would say inaccurate article. And what's ironic -- these newspapers (Vecernje novosti) are not even yellow press, but well-respected and usually serious papers. :hugely disappointed:

This does NOT sound like Gerry at all, except for maybe the route he took to get there! And if he did "request" any of that stuff, he was joking and just playing around acting diva-ish for fun! Now that's something I can see him doing!

As far as his luggage being lost and new clothes having to be bought for him, he could probably use some! Just kidding! I'd miss his Colorado Buffs tee shirt! He's picky about his underwear too. I believe he has to have organic perhaps due to the "delicate skin" of that cute little bum! :faint:

I'd volunteer to go shop for him! I love to shop for guy stuff. Just give me that credit card, Ger!

Delene

Good for you MrsBgd for knowing the difference between real news and JUNK!

Hey even the best of sources get things wrong and we need to be able see the difference. The 26 inch TV thing is a laugh!

All things written are not the truth.

Well, silly articles deserve silly comments so here's mine: Gerry should fire his travel agent.:-) Despite the ash cloud, there was a much easier way to get to Belgrade from the US. Take a Delta flight to Athens, Greece and then a direct flight to Belgrade. Less hassle and it wouldn't cost production an arm and a leg to hire a private jet; poor people they're on a tight budget to begin with. :-)

Theresa

Well, silly articles deserve silly comments so here's mine: Gerry should fire his travel agent.:-) Despite the ash cloud, there was a much easier way to get to Belgrade from the US. Take a Delta flight to Athens, Greece and then a direct flight to Belgrade. Less hassle and it wouldn't cost production an arm and a leg to hire a private jet; poor people they're on a tight budget to begin with. :-)

True, true :lmao:

BTW, did I read correctly that they say that Gerry is still a chain smoker who cannot manage to give up the habit??? Someone did not do their homework! :-)

You've read it and understood it correctly...

I just have to say it again -- stupid, silly, scandalous-wanna be article... :(

Edited by MissBgd

Well, at least they haven't reported that Gerry had to have a bunch of his mom's home maid jelly flown in yet...

Thank you so much MissBgd for posting and translating the stories that are being printed over there AND also, As Cheryl said, for noting when some of the articles are pure junk...

hugs,

Sue

And just how would these so-called 'journalists' know all this about Gerry? The security is too tight and he doesn't want to give interviews. They're making him out to be a divo and he isn't. I don't think he would ever request such special treatment. He's only going to be there 3 more weeks anyway. I have read some negative comments about Gerry in the Serbian press...I don't think they are used to having well-known actors stay in their country.

Posted ImagePosted Image

These articles that are being written, seems out of spite because he refused to be interviewed, are going to backfire. It might make celebrities think twice about returning to make another film there.

Delene

I have read some negative comments about Gerry in the Serbian press...I don't think they are used to having well-known actors stay in their country.

Honestly, without actually trying to defend anyone, there weren't any negative comments about Gerry in Serbian press. Some of the articles are poorly written, I'll admit that, and this one is THE WORST of them all. So, this is basically all the negative press regarding Gerry.

Sadly, a lot was lost in translation (in all of the articles mentioned here)-- especially through Google Translate. Majority of articles are on Gerry having fun, enjoying himself, working really hard, and him praising Belgrade. We honestly love having him here, as well as Ralph Fiennes and all of the other actors.

:wave:

Missbgd - thanks for all the articles you have posted - and the info re: the rafts..........very interesting. I have no doubt a lot is lost in translation.

BlueJean

This is the first time I've posted, obviously, and I can't get the printing enlarged........the system changed?

I don't give a rip anymore about how the press misquotes and misinterprets Gerry's antics. It's all just to sell their mags and papers. Gerry will make lifetime friends there in Serbia, just like he does everywhere else he goes. Hope the shoot goes well!

Swannie