Gerard Butler GALS

L’Oréal Paris Men Expert worldwide spokesperson

Seriously, they've got it all backwards, as far as I'm concerned! Why not have a beautiful hunk of male like Gerry be in an ad for feminine products? Yeah, go ahead and laugh but I'd buy most anything he endorsed! I love the Old Spice ads even though they are geared to women buying the product for their man. Now that's savvy marketing!

Gerry - "All my women use Acme Feminine Spray and they all smell fresh as the dew on a Highland coo!"

Delene

OMG!!!!! Posted Image

Ahhhh, I don't think so....but funny thought! He probably could sell alot of "spray"!

Gerry could sell air conditioning to the Eskimos. His face and endorsement on anything

would automatically guarantee my purchase of it.

We all knew that someday the rest of the world would really see him, didn't we?

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave:

Hello!

I'm so excited and very happy for him!!!!! Now we all know his beauty secret!!!!!! They couldn't find a better handsome man!!!!! I wonder if we will see the ads in Canada?

Josée

I'm really surprised L'Oreal would miss an opportunity to run the ads her in the states. I know their men's line is not a big seller here but it could be....My company works with divisions of L'Oreal and I'm surprised they don't see the marketing advantage here....I know my husband would be wearing those products! And every time I smelled them I'd think of Gerry! Posted Image

Linda

Revlon Who??????????????????????? :unsure: But I do agree with you all...Lets get some mens products here in the USA endorsed by a MAN'S MAN! Who better than Ger?

:wave: Frannie

Dee.....you freaken crack me up woman! Thanks for the giggle...

Edited by ladyfran

I was at Target today and thought, "hmm, I should buy some L'Oreal". Then I remembered, well, they're not bothering to show Gerry's campaign here in the US, then I really don't think I need to buy anything just for the sake of Gerry being a spokesperson. I want him to benefit, not the company.

That's my silly little story. :lol:

Lisa

To be honest, if I saw Gerry's picture on a product I would buy it. It could be rat poisoning and I would buy it just for the picture. That's how desperate I get for a new pic of Gerry. Too bad companies don't know that about Gerry. Think about all of the PEOPLE magazines that would be sold if they would just recognize Gerry once in a while. How stupid can they be. How uninformed can they be.

~HUGS~ Kathy

To be honest, if I saw Gerry's picture on a product I would buy it. It could be rat poisoning and I would buy it just for the picture. That's how desperate I get for a new pic of Gerry. Too bad companies don't know that about Gerry. Think about all of the PEOPLE magazines that would be sold if they would just recognize Gerry once in a while. How stupid can they be. How uninformed can they be.

~HUGS~ Kathy

100% agree. If Gerry is selling something or promoting something, I'm on board because I can't believe he would blindly put his name on dreck. As for People, etc., I'm sure Gerry and his people are handling his career the way Gerry wants it handled, and if he wanted more publicity in that way he would have it. At least that's how I see it. :)

Any word on when ads will start running so I can go to bookstore and start looking?

Lisa, I swear your signature with the shark scares the crap out of me. I hate pics of sharks...Now the pic Gerry is delicious.

Agree, Lisa. My feeling is that Gerry doesn't need "People" but they sure could use him to sell magazines. They are the losers. I love the fact Gerry is going with product endorsement. No tabloids involved. Gorgeous photoshoot pics. It's a win for him and us. Just wish we could see him in the US on the product.

~HUGS~ Kathy

~HUGS~ Kathy

100% agree. If Gerry is selling something or promoting something, I'm on board because I can't believe he would blindly put his name on dreck. As for People, etc., I'm sure Gerry and his people are handling his career the way Gerry wants it handled, and if he wanted more publicity in that way he would have it. At least that's how I see it. :)

I want to know where I can buy Gerry.

BlueJean

Earlier today I added a couple of screencaptures from the L'Oreal Paris site

http://www.loreal-pa...ers-men-expert/

Posted Image

http://www.loreal-pa.../egerie/Butler/

Posted Image

I'm guessing the ads will start appearing in print and video soon.

We'll keep an eye out for anything - and of course, we're still hoping to find the 'photoshoot'! :D

Those pics look very 'Neil' to me. Are they even recent?

We're pretty sure these pictures were taken in May, when Gerry was in Paris. After Serbia/Monaco, we had pictures in Paris with the beard that said he was there for a commercial ad shoot. Immediately following, we had pictures of him clean-shaven in Russia. If you've seen the pics from Russia, he looks very similar.

Yep, I would say the picture we see was taken right before Gerry went to Russia. When Gerry is clean shaven he looks like Neil. Thanks Barb for the screencaps.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I can't speak for other countries, but for the US, Gerry would definately sell more products to women then to men here, I believe. Although his male fanbase is growing, he's considered a Scot/Brit and not an American male. That may have some affect on selling American products to Americans. Many are a bit sensitive to that right now with the state of the economy and loosing jobs to other countries. Craig would advise him to get his citizenship but I'm just not sure that's something Gerry will ever do. I would think he would have done so by now otherwise.

I've paid attention to ads for men's toiletries and I don't think I've ever seen one on TV or in print for facial products other than aftershaves. I'm not sure why that is because I think men would use them and I'm sure the high end cosmetics company make them to sell in the better department stores, but I've never seen an ad for any.

Delene

Alot of the popular celebrities do ads overseas instead of here. A friend told me many of them request the ads not be American in their contracts due to over-exposure. Not that we wouldn't mind seeing him alot but I know he expressed concern in a couple of interviews last year for so many movies being out in a 12 month period. He thought Americans would get sick of him. Madonna and a few of the high profile sports celebs do overseas ads we never see here.

Sick of Gerry? Never! They think nothing of bombarding us here in America with a constant stream of scantily clad models and airbrushed actresses for women to see and feel bad about knowing we'll never look like that even if we buy the stupid product so I think it's about time some guys had to constantly be reminded of what they will never look like with guys like Gerry and Patrick in ads. Not to mention the happiness it will bring to all us hunk starved American females who get fed a steady diet of frumpy, beer bellied belching males. It ain't fair, I tell ya! I think we should revolt!

Delene

Sick of Gerry? Never! They think nothing of bombarding us here in America with a constant stream of scantily clad models and airbrushed actresses for women to see and feel bad about knowing we'll never look like that even if we buy the stupid product so I think it's about time some guys had to constantly be reminded of what they will never look like with guys like Gerry and Patrick in ads. Not to mention the happiness it will bring to all us hunk starved American females who get fed a steady diet of frumpy, beer bellied belching males. It ain't fair, I tell ya! I think we should revolt!

Delene

I couldn't agree more. No man could measure up to Gerry. Patrick is somewhat close. Why do you think I watch Grey's Anatomy? :cunning:

Delene

AMEN! I was just saying what I heard...I don't agree...I enjoy seeing him everyday...hence why I am here! (one reason! Great gals too!!!)

Linda

Delene

While WE may never get sick of Gerry, I think the thought is that the entire world doesn't love him like we do. Sadly, I also read many articles that asked why Gerry was everywhere last year. I think it's actually smart to pull away for a bit, only to be thrown back into the public eye again.

The L'Oreal thing may not have been Gerry's decision, we'll probably never know. I'm just glad he has some sort of endorsement deal, and what better than products that will encourage other men to look as good as he does. :D

JMHO.

Lisa

Delene

While WE may never get sick of Gerry, I think the thought is that the entire world doesn't love him like we do. Sadly, I also read many articles that asked why Gerry was everywhere last year. I think it's actually smart to pull away for a bit, only to be thrown back into the public eye again.

The L'Oreal thing may not have been Gerry's decision, we'll probably never know. I'm just glad he has some sort of endorsement deal, and what better than products that will encourage other men to look as good as he does. :D

JMHO.

Lisa

I personally have not read anything about Gerry being everywhere or over exposed and that's a bad thing because? Maybe more people would love him if he was more exposed, more of a household name but probably never as much as we do! I know I love him more exposed! He should always expose himself as often and as much as he wants. :pant:

Most cosmetic companies like to feature a string of celebrities to endorse their products. It's a department store brand, affordable to the general public and appears to be the product of choice for those who can afford the best. Makes good marketing sense. I'm just surprised Coke hasn't approached Gerry yet!

Revlon does the same thing and so does Cover Girl and I sometimes wonder if they really use the makeup. I love Revlon's Age Defying over Clinique any day but I love Clinique's skin care products.

Delene