Gerard Butler GALS

10/22 - Starz Develops Allan Pinkerton Limited Series With Bob Cochran & Gerard Butler

Like you, Sandy, and I guess some others, it makes me a little nervous to hear all these new projects that Gerry is supposed to produce. Call me selfish, but I like being able to SEE Gerry in the projects that he works on. That being said, I'm also glad that he won't be starring in this one. Maybe it's superficial, but I feel like Gerry is too big a star to appear in a TV miniseries right now.

Still, despite my hesitations about all these producing projects, I think Lisa's right that this will go aways in helping him to get respect. I remember when TUT, Gamer, and LAC came out in a span of four months last year there was some talk of the movie landscape being oversaturated with Gerry. Obviously, we could never get oversaturated, but I heard the criticism a lot that he seemed to be omni-present.

Another thing to consider is that for this project they state that he'll be an Executive Producer. Am I correct in my understanding that there's less work involved in being an Exec. Producer than a full Producer? I don't think that being involved in this project will detract away from any others that will come up.

Steph

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg were executive producers in a mini series called "Pacific" that was released, I believe, in March of this year on HBO. It is not uncommon for actors to do this, obviously.

The word "trust" gets thrown around alot when it comes to Gerry and some of his decisions. Many say they trust Gerry implicitly with his career or personal decisions but that trust and confidence seems to go out the window for some reason as soon as he's involved in something where he's not in front of the camera. I'm also having trouble understanding why some would say he needs to establish himself more on the acting side of the business in order to be taken seriously. I think he's absolutely doing the right thing here and if I don't get to see him as much on the screen, then that's the way it is I guess.

There's always that possibillity that he could become more involved off camera and there could be many reasons for that, investment, more future creative freedom, more freedom to do other things in his personal life, so on.

It's obvious that many A lister movie stars lend their names to television projects like this for several reasons, maybe just to draw attention to it, maybe to give their financial backing or even some writing input or all three.

I'm a strong believer in the process of evolution where nothing ever stays the same even though we may want some things to. Gerry has always seemed to be the kind of person who likes change and gets bored and wants something new to get in to. Even though he may always maintain a few tried and true constants in his life, he's always going to be on the move for bigger or better or at least different things. He reminds me of that song by Matthew Wilder, "Ain't Nothin' Gonna Break My Stride"! It's one of the things I love about him!

I see it too that Gerry's just getting as many irons in the fire as he can and since Alan is his partner in Evil Twins, Gerry's not alone here. I would guess that maybe with their partnership, Gerry's the major money maker and Alan can be involved more on the administrative side.

This is something I do trust him to do. It takes money to make money, my Dad always said. Even though I'm not in the entertainment industry, it just seems like a good business venture, especially when you're telling a story like this one with this kind of historical significance.

I don't think he's going to ever stop acting but that's his decision I suppose. I think it would be a waste of his acting talent but this will show that Gerry's not just a one trick pony and I think as far as garnering more respect and being taken more seriously in the profession, I think his involvement in things like this behind the camera will definately earn him points.

Having said all this, however, the only thing I get a bit concerned with is not Gerry's intelligence, but his ability to make the right decisions when dealing with the shrewd and sometimes heartless and conniving people in the world as he has sometimes displayed a certain amount of naivete'. I don't know much about Alan but I'm hoping he serves as the voice of reason with Gerry too and I'm glad he's always around.

Delene

Bearing in mind that we do not know the reasons for Gerry's past movie choices I don't think that the idea of his being naive when making some of those choices is perhaps appropriate. By making those choices he has become a A lister who is able to command between $15million and $20million per movie. That he chooses other less well paying roles is due to his wishing to "mix it up" and do movies that interest him personally. My own belief is that Gerry is an astute businessman with his finger on the pulse when it comes to the movie industry.

By moving into producing and not appearing in movies there seems to be something of a concern that he will fade from the public consciousness or that the studios will forget about him and he will have to start afresh. This will not happen. IMO he now occupies a position that ensures that he will be around for a long time in the industry. He has an extraordinarily wide fanbase and audiences are discovering many of his movies for the first time and his fanbase is growing even more. Producing will take some of his time of course and he will not be as visible to us as hitherto, but producing is where the real power lies within Hollywood and for him to diversify in this way is a very good move.

We have two movies to look forward to next year so Gerry's presence on the big screen will be available just the same - probably at more sensible release intervals. Gerry isn't about to go anywhere. Acting roles that he wants to do will come along and we shall be seeing him on the big screen for some years yet.

Bearing in mind that we do not know the reasons for Gerry's past movie choices I don't think that the idea of his being naive when making some of those choices is perhaps appropriate.

I didn't say specifically what he seemed naive about, but it's funny you associated it with his movie choices. I meant it in general terms, he does have a charming naivete' about him or else he wouldn't sometimes say inappropriate things on national television and then have to attend media school to fix. But since you mention it, not all of his movie choices have been the best but it may or may not be due to any naivete' on his part any more then any other actor doesn't always pick the best roles either. Clooney and others have had some clunkers too. So what? It's no big deal.

I was referring to someone getting him to invest his name, time and money in to something obscure and risky and he seems very trusting, that's all.

I try to not look at Gerry through rose tinted glasses. I think he has a huge female fan base but that doesn't constitute the same thing as a wide fan base of both genders. His fans are still primarily female who thinks he's hot looking and that's the reality, even though some of us die hards see more to him then a pretty face, he could stand to show people he's got more too him then that and I think that's what he's doing and good for him.

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I agree totally with what Patsyb has said...and from where I sit, it seems that there is a panic going on that is quite premature and unnecessary, at least at this point in time. Gerry has taken on another production role. But we have no idea what else is in that great pipeline of projects that always seems to be there, even when we are not aware of what or when. Lest we not forget RockNRolla, when he was half way shooting the movie before we even knew it existed. Gerry is full of surprises, even when it comes to his work. Just because there is not anything publically announced just yet, beyond the Pinkerton project, does not mean that there is nothing there coming up for Gerry. Gerry is an actor, first and foremost. That is his passion, and he's not going to "fade away" into the sunset from acting. We have not seen the last of him up on that silver screen, not by a long shot. And at this point, we don't know if he will star in the Pinkerton project as well as executive produce it. But whatever the case may be, we need to look at this as a positive move on his part.

He is going the way of Eastwood, Cruise, Hanks, and the list goes on and on. He's broadening his horizons, stretching those long, beautiful legs, spreading those wings...getting his finger on all the pulses of movie making. I fully expect him to move into direction eventually, and that would be a REAL gem in his crown. Remember that all of Clint Eastwood's Oscars have been for what he did BEHIND the camera...

I don't understand why anyone would object or feel anything but elation for Gerry for this. He is a very capable and astute businessman, and as was pointed out by another poster, you have to spend money to make money. I have all confidence in Gerry that he knows exactly what he is doing, and as his fans and supporters, we all need to trust him and fully support his decisions. He may cut back a bit from time to time from acting, but he's not going to stop acting all together. He may be more "selective" in his choices of movies now, and producing in the meantime is a pretty good "filler" and way to make money to put back into ET productions and a means for acquiring rights for projects, like "The Septembers of Shiraz" which is years away from being made, but what a good choice for a future ET production that will be.

Gerry is on the path of being a real movie "mogul..." and his talents are going to grow, and grow...He's an A-lister now, and is always networking with the biggest and the best in the industry. And as I said above, we don't know what's in that pipeline...there could be 3-4 projects on the horizon that just have not been announced yet....and I think we all should just take a deep breath and sit back and relax, and just wait for the next news.

Gerry has had a very grueling past couple of years, with all the BH Ballyhoo and all that he suffered and incurred during that time. Then the two movies, back to back, Coriolanus and MGP. The man HAS to be totally exhausted, and I expect that he needs a fairly extensive vacay, at least some time off from it all, to recharge his batteries and ready himself for the next project. We have no idea what he's "up to" right now, aside from his L'Oreal deal, but you can bet that he's not sitting on his laurels, letting the world pass him by. That's not his style. Also, remember, that "Playing the Field" - previously "Slide" is out there, and still very much on the active list, so that could be the next thing we hear of.

My point is simple...to not get worked up over this, it's a very positive and lucrative move on Gerry's part to get into some production. None of this means that he is leaving acting or that we'll never see him on the screen again. I trust Gerry, and have confidence that he knows what he is doing, and that whatever decisions he makes will be the right ones, for himself, as well as for us, his fans. I'm extremely excited about all of this, as it will further show the powers that be, as well as the viewing public, the mettle that he is made of and the extensive and great talent that he is. He's following some of the greatest of the greats and he deserves the full support of his fans.

I respect the opinions of everyone here. Opinions are like backsides, we all have one, and all should be respected, even if we don't agree. I hope that I have not offended anyone with my opinion, and that what I said above will also be respected, even if you don't agree.

Peace, out.....

Tense

Bearing in mind that we do not know the reasons for Gerry's past movie choices I don't think that the idea of his being naive when making some of those choices is perhaps appropriate.

I didn't say specifically what he seemed naive about, but it's funny you associated it with his movie choices. I meant it in general terms, he does have a charming naivete' about him or else he wouldn't sometimes say inappropriate things on national television and then have to attend media school to fix. But since you mention it, not all of his movie choices have been the best but it may or may not be due to any naivete' on his part any more then any other actor doesn't always pick the best roles either. Clooney and others have had some clunkers too. So what? It's no big deal.

I was referring to someone getting him to invest his name, time and money in to something obscure and risky and he seems very trusting, that's all.

I try to not look at Gerry through rose tinted glasses. I think he has a huge female fan base but that doesn't constitute the same thing as a wide fan base of both genders. His fans are still primarily female who thinks he's hot looking and that's the reality, even though some of us die hards see more to him then a pretty face, he could stand to show people he's got more too him then that and I think that's what he's doing and good for him.

Delene

I think we shall have to agree to disagree on certain of your statements as I don't propose to enter into any argument. The one thing I do wonder about is what decisions you were referring to if they weren't in relation to movie choices - those same choices which have brought him to the position he now occupies. You mention "Obscure and risky" but some would say that such choices were innovative and challenging. It's all a matter of personal perspective.

However, I would like to say that I don't possess any rose tinted glasses. :)

Edited by patsyb

Delene

I think we shall have to agree to disagree on certain of your statements as I don't propose to enter into any argument. The one thing I do wonder about is what decisions you were referring to if they weren't in relation to movie choices - those same choices which have brought him to the position he now occupies. You mention "Obscure and risky" but some would say that such choices were innovative and challenging. It's all a matter of personal perspective.

However, I do want to say that I don't possess any rose tinted glasses. :)

Depends on what the risks are and you're right, it is a matter of perspective.

A lot of what Gerry has done so far as his movie choices can be called innovative and challenging, but not so much what I'd call risky. You can take all the risks in the world on your way UP but when you get closer to the top, you've got further to fall if you make a bad decision.

As I said, I wasn't being specific to any decisions he's already made professionally or personal, I just meant Gerry has a quality of naivete' about him.

There's nothing wrong with taking risks but you have to do your homework and choose the ones worth taking, especially when you're working hard to build your reputation and garner respect as a serious professional in the business. I'll leave it at that.

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I agree totally with what Patsyb has said...and from where I sit, it seems that there is a panic going on that is quite premature and unnecessary, at least at this point in time. Gerry has taken on another production role. But we have no idea what else is in that great pipeline of projects that always seems to be there, even when we are not aware of what or when. Lest we not forget RockNRolla, when he was half way shooting the movie before we even knew it existed. Gerry is full of surprises, even when it comes to his work. Just because there is not anything publically announced just yet, beyond the Pinkerton project, does not mean that there is nothing there coming up for Gerry. Gerry is an actor, first and foremost. That is his passion, and he's not going to "fade away" into the sunset from acting. We have not seen the last of him up on that silver screen, not by a long shot. And at this point, we don't know if he will star in the Pinkerton project as well as executive produce it. But whatever the case may be, we need to look at this as a positive move on his part.

He is going the way of Eastwood, Cruise, Hanks, and the list goes on and on. He's broadening his horizons, stretching those long, beautiful legs, spreading those wings...getting his finger on all the pulses of movie making. I fully expect him to move into direction eventually, and that would be a REAL gem in his crown. Remember that all of Clint Eastwood's Oscars have been for what he did BEHIND the camera...

I don't understand why anyone would object or feel anything but elation for Gerry for this. He is a very capable and astute businessman, and as was pointed out by another poster, you have to spend money to make money. I have all confidence in Gerry that he knows exactly what he is doing, and as his fans and supporters, we all need to trust him and fully support his decisions. He may cut back a bit from time to time from acting, but he's not going to stop acting all together. He may be more "selective" in his choices of movies now, and producing in the meantime is a pretty good "filler" and way to make money to put back into ET productions and a means for acquiring rights for projects, like "The Septembers of Shiraz" which is years away from being made, but what a good choice for a future ET production that will be.

Gerry is on the path of being a real movie "mogul..." and his talents are going to grow, and grow...He's an A-lister now, and is always networking with the biggest and the best in the industry. And as I said above, we don't know what's in that pipeline...there could be 3-4 projects on the horizon that just have not been announced yet....and I think we all should just take a deep breath and sit back and relax, and just wait for the next news.

Gerry has had a very grueling past couple of years, with all the BH Ballyhoo and all that he suffered and incurred during that time. Then the two movies, back to back, Coriolanus and MGP. The man HAS to be totally exhausted, and I expect that he needs a fairly extensive vacay, at least some time off from it all, to recharge his batteries and ready himself for the next project. We have no idea what he's "up to" right now, aside from his L'Oreal deal, but you can bet that he's not sitting on his laurels, letting the world pass him by. That's not his style. Also, remember, that "Playing the Field" - previously "Slide" is out there, and still very much on the active list, so that could be the next thing we hear of.

My point is simple...to not get worked up over this, it's a very positive and lucrative move on Gerry's part to get into some production. None of this means that he is leaving acting or that we'll never see him on the screen again. I trust Gerry, and have confidence that he knows what he is doing, and that whatever decisions he makes will be the right ones, for himself, as well as for us, his fans. I'm extremely excited about all of this, as it will further show the powers that be, as well as the viewing public, the mettle that he is made of and the extensive and great talent that he is. He's following some of the greatest of the greats and he deserves the full support of his fans.

I respect the opinions of everyone here. Opinions are like backsides, we all have one, and all should be respected, even if we don't agree. I hope that I have not offended anyone with my opinion, and that what I said above will also be respected, even if you don't agree.

Peace, out.....

Tense

I couldn't have expressed my feelings any better...extremely well put. I have the utmost faith in Gerry...he's brilliant, talented, determined and knows what he wants. Everyone should guide themselves with such finesse!

Leslie

Peace, out.....

Tense

I couldn't have expressed my feelings any better...extremely well put. I have the utmost faith in Gerry...he's brilliant, talented, determined and knows what he wants. Everyone should guide themselves with such finesse!

Leslie

I see that response and raise you an Amen! Tense always seems to be able to write my thoughts better than I can. :)

Lisa

I hope, for Gerry's sake, that everything goes well for him with regards to his choices. Even though he's delving in to the production side of things, he's still not to the level in the business of Eastwood, Cruise or Hanks. Those guys have proven track records and have been around a lot longer. And it always helps to have that "Academy Award Winner" added to your name in whatever you do, no doubt.

Like Leslie said, she still needs to explain who he is to some people. His name is not yet that "household", but he's getting there and hopefully nothing will get in the way of that.

He's such our diamond in the rough, isn't he?

Delene

OK, I seemed to have opened a can of worms that I certainly did not mean to open.

Everyone here knows how I feel about Gerry, I'm the one that always says:

"He has it all: CHARISMA, CHARM, INTELLIGENCE, TALENT, DEDICATION, DIGNITY,

GRACE, GENTLENESS, GENIUS, GENEROSITY, HUMOR, HUMILITY, STRENGTH, GREAT PHYSIQUE,

and he is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS.

Please notice that Intelligence and Talent run hand in hand in my opinion. He is, after all, a law graduate.

I certainly know he is more than capable of making intelligent decisions.

I have also always proclaimed that I fully support his every decision, about his life and his career.

He is far smarter than I, and I support him completely to govern his own life, I also encourage him to

do exactly that.

I am his FOREVER, that means for the rest of my life, fan. I will always praise him in whatever he chooses

to do. I have in no way stated that I think that his choice to produce in not clever, rewarding, earned,

practical, and certainly not wrong.

I simply stated that I am selfish. I like seeing him do what he does better than any other actor we have

had for a very long time, and will NEVER see again.

I stated that I believe that if he should, "Stay behind the camera to long" that he could be overlooked

for projects he may want later because the powers that be would have a legitimate reason to

overlook him as they have in the past. I in no way insinuated that his talent would fade or be forgotten,

only that those who have shunned his talent in the past would be given a safe reason to do it again.

Gerry is brilliant, intellectually, as an actor, and as a businessman. I have no doubt of that in the least.

I know he can do anything he wants to do, if Hollywood will let him. I know that he can act, produce, and

direct, and I want him to do whatever he wants to do. I want the very best that this world has to offer for him.

Please don't ever believe that I would discourage him in anything he wants to do, even if he cared what I think. I just don't wish for anyone to ever have an opportunity to hold him back in his aspirations and his dreams.

As for his decisions in the movies he has chosen, know that in the beginning of

his career they were not his choices, rather what he was allowed to make.

I don't have any idea when he was first allowed to choose what movies he would make, only when you reach a certain box office draw are you allowed to

have any say in what you do in show business. I am sure that he made every

character he has ever played believable, and lovable, even Dracula, which is

pretty hard to do. He has more than proven his talent in whatever he has been

stuck in and even more so in the ones that I know he has chosen. The fact that

he gave his best in every performance, those he did not choose especially, proves his GREAT TALENT. In other words, HE PAID HIS DUES. He reached the

point of success that allows him to choose. That is what I do not want him to

ever lose.

Some people do not like some of HIS choices in movies, especially rom-coms.

I, personally, have enjoyed each of his movies enormously. As I have often

said:"He never ceases to amaze me, and he never disappoints me."

If I have been misunderstood, I hope this clears it up.

I will FOREVER be in Gerry's corner, wherever that corner happens to be.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Edited by shirsan

The only other thing that I can add to this is that as a producer, that would give him BETTER access to what is out there, and greater choices as to what he wants to take on to star in next. More will be visible to him and accessible to him during the times he's producing. He won't be "hidden away," but rather smack dab in the middle of all of it, and better able to pick and choose projects than if he were just acting in one particular movie, waiting for the next one to come along. As a producer, he'll know more of what is out there quicker than waiting for his agent or manager to tell him what's available. So the theory of him being "out of sight, out of mind," doesn't fit at all. As I pointed out before, there are more actors/actresses out there with their own production companies now than not, and they don't always star in the movies they produce. or direct (as a good many have ventured into directing as well). None of them have "disappeared" from sight, and neither will Gerry. I don't think Gerry will ever stop acting...it's his passion, what he loves more than anything (next to Miss Lolita....), but extending himself in this direction, can only mean good things.

I'm as big a fan as anyone out there, probably more than many are...and I'm rather "selfish" where Gerry is concerned as well. I would love nothing better than to see him on screen several times a year, but I also see this move into producing as a very positive move on his part, in the advancement of his career, and it's a good and positive thing. I have to trust Gerry, that's all part of being part of his support system and "Team Gerry," that we all have been for so long now.

This is just another "adventure" in GerryWorld, and I'm anxious for this ride to continue on...as I feel that it's going to be a very interesting ride to be on with Gerry, and cheering him on every step of the way. Let's try to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty...it's all good. He's working, doing what he loves to do, and he's nowhere near leaving any of our lives. Just another accomplishment that will bring him bigger and better things, and all of us will benefit from it all. Quite frankly, I'm anxious for him to get into maybe get into directing eventually...he certainly has the chops for it, and as astute to the movie making business as he is, I think he would do fabulously in directing.

Peace, out....

Tense

One of the marks of an outstanding businessperson is that they know their chosen profession from the inside out and can perform nearly all of the tasks associated with their chosen profession. One thing that has struck me about Gerry is that he has an incredible head for business. This latest move doesn't surprise me in the least. He is definitely well on his way to having his name become synonymous with Eastwood - far and above one of the absolute BEST members of the entertainment profession. I have no doubt that in the very near future we will see Gerry move into the director's chair. The choices he has made regarding his films shows that he is not going to allow himself to be keyholed into any one genre. Remember, Eastwood started out in "spaghetti westerns" and look where he is now.

Oh yeah...no question about it. The Butler is well on his way to the stratosphere. And what a ride it's been and will continue to be. :pointy:

One of the marks of an outstanding businessperson is that they know their chosen profession from the inside out and can perform nearly all of the tasks associated with their chosen profession. One thing that has struck me about Gerry is that he has an incredible head for business. This latest move doesn't surprise me in the least. He is definitely well on his way to having his name become synonymous with Eastwood - far and above one of the absolute BEST members of the entertainment profession. I have no doubt that in the very near future we will see Gerry move into the director's chair. The choices he has made regarding his films shows that he is not going to allow himself to be keyholed into any one genre. Remember, Eastwood started out in "spaghetti westerns" and look where he is now.

Amen! Just what I wanted to say...Gerry is brilliant when it comes to business and I don't think anyone could ever take advantage of him without his consent. Gerry has been incredibly fortunate when it comes to his career and right now he's able to make the choices he does. Fans may not like some of the choices he makes, but they're HIS choices. He is looking at the big picture and has that plan in view. Of course, I'm as anxious as anyone else to see what his plans are next, specifically acting up on the big screen. That love will never go away on his part. He can do both at the same time, produce and act. I'm waiting with baited breath to see what comes next!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Dragon Slayer

I've always believed that Gerry has method to his madness, so to speak. He's trying to get his feet wet in many different aspects of the business and build up his bank account so he can have more freedom of picking and choosing what he wants to do. Maybe he wants to do it all and that wouldn't surprise me with Gerry.

As much as he seems to love acting, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be involved in those other aspects of film making. Like has been noted, producing gives him a bit more of the upper hand when it comes to being exposed to more diverse projects. That's a good thing, right?

No one blames anyone for feeling a bit selfish in regard to not wanting him in front of the camera more. Heck, I'd like to see him do a television series so I can tune in every week and see him! I know that possibility is probably a pipe dream.

Actors are the instruments inwhich to tell the story. I think Gerry is the kind of person who perhaps likes to be more involved in the creation and evolution of the story behind the scenes more than out front, at least for a change. And that certainly doesn't mean he can't do both.

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

The Internet drives me crazy!! I just saw two websites that are reporting that Gerry is going to play Pinkerton. One was a Scottish website. I've decided to wait and see what happens with this.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Yes Kathy the Mods have also seen a website saying that Gerry will be starring in the role.

It's a Scottish site and we all know how the Scottish press can be :doh: All other sources are stating that the series is yet "uncast".

Until we hear from a more reliable source it's all just speculation. I guess we can dream of G in the part, but at this point who knows. :pointy:

Cheryl

Maybe it the old thing about "wishful thinking" and then believing it's so then saying it is and then it shall be so! And by the time the "rumor" gets back to Gerry, he says, "Well, I guess I'm doing it since my public says they want it to be so!" :spit:

"Gerry, your public needs you and WE need you!" ;)

Delene

I again state that I am proud of Gerry in all of his decisions, and in all of his accomplishments, and yes,

that is part of what being a fan is all about. Supporting all of his decisions is also part of the whole

fanmily and Team Gerry ideal.

I know Gerry is more than capable to do whatever he wants to do, be it act, produce, direct, manage

his own affairs, choose his own projects, create his own future in WHATEVER he wants to do.

I want Gerry to be HAPPY, whatever that involves. If he is happy, I am happy. Simple enough?

One point though. I keep seeing the name Eastwood appear in all of these posts.

One question: What was the last film you saw Eastwood APPEAR in? How many films have you

seen Eastwood APPEAR in in the last five years? How many films did you see him APPEAR in after

he started producing.

Just saying.

Was it because it is easier to produce and direct than act. I am certain that it is, you don't have

to actually create a character and become that character, which Gerry does so brilliantly, and yes

that takes a LOT out of a person, and requires a great deal of dedication and selflessness.

I just hope that whatever Gerry chooses doesn't become so important to him that it causes him

to deprive the world and the future of his great acting talent, because that would be a TREMENDOUS and

irreplaceable loss. I hope that his producing choices don't cause him to miss some great opportunity to present

his GREAT acting talent in some wonderful film because he is already committed to a producing

project.

There again though, like he always says, he has always been available for a better project because he didn't get some projects he wanted, so I also trust God to continue to intervene in his best interest as well.

I will miss him on the screen when he is pursuing producing projects, but I will pray for his happiness

and success in everything he chooses and always support his efforts because it is his choices that matter.

I have said everything that I have to say on this subject. Gerry's choices are his own and only his, and

it is not , nor has it ever been, my intention to contradict his choices in any way. He is a grown, super

intelligent man, brilliantly talented in every way I have been privileged to witness, and I admire him as well

as appreciate him. Also, however many more years I have on this planet I will continue to admire and appreciate him(and then I fully intend to be his guardian angel)because since I first found him in POTO I am his forever fan.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Edited by shirsan

There is a problem in that it has been mentioned that there may a second installment of Pinkerton in the following year. I don't know how much Gerry would want to make a committment to something like that. He could always produce the second one or not.

I too, read the Scottish blogs that said Gerry would also be starring as Pinkerton. While I think he would be perfect for the part, I would only want him to do it if he truly wants to. This is how rumors get started. I refuted what was being said at the Scotsman.com yesterday and I guess I was questioned as to how I knew. GB.net came on then and said GB would not be starring as Pinkerton.

Posted Image

I've been reading up on the history of Pinkerton. The "Pinks", as they were called, pursued many infamous criminals such as Butch Cassidy, Cole Younger and Jesse James. The two latter criminals are from Missouri. The James gang family home is in Kearny and the Younger home is in Lee's Summit about 25 miles from here. Maybe there is a chance Gerry might come here to do some of the filming! There was an incident where the agents of Pinkerton surrounded the James home in Kearney, MO and supposedly, mistakenly killed an innocent family member thinking the James brothers were inside.

It seems the "Pinks" gained a reputation of harassing and pursuing criminals to the point that they would get nervous and make mistakes, getting themselves caught. Remember the movie "Butch Cassidy" the pursuit by a group and a man in a white panama was probably the "Pinks". Remember Sundance kept saying, "who are those guys"? I'll have to watch the movie again.

I've always loved stories about the west and I am really looking forward to this story being told and I'm excited that Gerry is a part of it whether he acts in it or not!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Pinkerton's agency were in pursuit of Butch and Sundance - they were responsible for taking in most of the Hole in the Wall Gang. When Butch kept asking Sundance "Who are those guys?" it was the Pinkertons who were tracking them. Joe Lefors, who was one of the best and known trackers during that time (I think he was part Indian, but not totally sure on that), was the one leading the trackers, and I think either Butch or Sundance mentioned him in the movie. Joe Lefors was hired by Pinkerton to help track Butch and Sundance, but it's sketchy whether or not he actually became employed otherwise by Pinkerton, but some reports are that he was. I think Lefors always wore a straw hat/skimmer.

Peace, out.....

Tense

Pinkerton's agency were in pursuit of Butch and Sundance - they were responsible for taking in most of the Hole in the Wall Gang. When Butch kept asking Sundance "Who are those guys?" it was the Pinkertons who were tracking them. Joe Lefors, who was one of the best and known trackers during that time (I think he was part Indian, but not totally sure on that), was the one leading the trackers, and I think either Butch or Sundance mentioned him in the movie. Joe Lefors was hired by Pinkerton to help track Butch and Sundance, but it's sketchy whether or not he actually became employed otherwise by Pinkerton, but some reports are that he was. I think Lefors always wore a straw hat/skimmer.

Peace, out.....

Tense

Now I remember, Tense, Lefors being mentioned! Great movie especially when they jumped from the cliff! I know that alot of the posse that went after the two were also made up of volunteers so some weren't Pinkerton's employees directly but maybe contracted. I can imagine how sketchy the records would be on what actually happened too plus Hollywood sometimes tweaks the truth a bit to tell a story. Charlie Siringo was one of the famous Pinkertons detectives who, I think, wrote a couple of books about his experiences and what took place during that time. I can imagine that they will be used a good deal to retell the story.

I think Butch and Sundance ended up in South America eventually and Pinkerton lost their trail. Even though the movie suggests they died in a gun battle in Bolivia, DNA taken from the exumed bodies in a cemetery there doesn't match with relatives. Some say it was the wrong guys and the two returned to the states. So I guess the legend lives on.

Similar thing with Jesse James. There was doubt cast that he was killed by one of his "gang" and it was staged so he could get away and Jesse lived out his life in peace. DNA proved otherwise on him though.

My belief is that an outlaw is always an outlaw and they don't just change their spots all of a sudden. It's their way of life.

It's all so fascinating! Love old west tails!

This will be an exciting story!

Delene