Gerard Butler GALS

10/22 - Starz Develops Allan Pinkerton Limited Series With Bob Cochran & Gerard Butler

There are many "urban legends" out there about Butch and Sundance and what actually happened in Bolivia. Some "historical" accounts are that both were killed in Bolivia, there are other "historical" accounts that say that after they sent Etta Place back to the US for her protection, that Harry Longbaugh (Sundance) was killed, but that Robert Leroy Parker (Butch) survived, and returned to the Hole in the Wall to live out the rest of his life with Etta Place (where she had resumed her life as a schoolteacher.

Neither of these theories have been able to be concretely proven, even though they have accounts from Butch's family, nothing has been proven one way or the other.

It makes for interesting "stories around the campfire" though...I would like to think that Butch survived and came back as reported by some, but as of now, nobody really knows the real truth....

Peace, out....

Tense

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE that movie so much. I think they even mention Pinkerton in it. Anyway, I don't have Starz but I may order it for the time that this will be aired. It sounds like Pinkerton was a really interesting lawman.

Lisa

The thing that's great about this project is the long history of the Pinkerton Detective Agency and it's association with such notorious outlaws throughout history! It can touch on each and everyone in a timeline that could make the show something that could be an ongoing series.

It's a very smart move to tell a tale of the old west based on the entity that pursued these notorious outlaws that ran rampant during those times. It can reflect the romance and folk lore of the early American era over the last one hundred years and become an epic retelling as the agency evolved.

What would be great is if Gerry would narrate the back story in his Scottish accent as Allan Pinkerton.

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I TOTALLY agree, having Gerry do the voice-over narration would be absolutely wonderful....

Peace, out....

Tense

From what I have been told, the technology already exists for the complete merging of the world of Movies/TV/Computer. Why shouldn't Gerry accept this once in a lifetime role??

jmo.

:hmm:

Edited by Emily Bronte

Or......if another Scots actor starred in Pinkerton, perhaps this would "pave the way" for Burns, produced and presented for TV in a similiar manner??

Just a thought...

:archie::attila2::menkilt:

The only place "Burns" could go is on HBO. The man was definitely a ladies man and I'm sure, once a suitable script is written (if that happens) there will be plenty of sex. His poetry is good but he had over a dozen kids with MANY different women. I don't think NBC could air it. But I'd definitely pay to see GB as Burns - with lots of skin showing!!!Posted Image

I LOVE that movie so much. I think they even mention Pinkerton in it. Anyway, I don't have Starz but I may order it for the time that this will be aired. It sounds like Pinkerton was a really interesting lawman.

Lisa

I will definitely order Starz for the month that this airs, if someone will tell us when that will be. I'm sure it will

be on the site as soon as info arises about air dates.

I wouldn't miss his TV production debut. I know it will be wonderful and we will see his creative hand in it.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I saw a statue of Robert Burns in the city square in Glasgow and if the statue is true to his likeness, he was HOT! :cunning:

Delene

So, what you are saying is that Gerry will be perfect in this part, ey? Of course I know you and everyone else

on this site believes that ONLY Gerry could play this part. He IS perfect for it, I just wish he would GET ON

WITH IT, and film it. His hair is pairfect RIGHT NOW, to play the part. Do it, Gerry, PLEASE, NOW!!!!!!

Is that a good enough push do you think? Need I say more?

Isn't Starz an adult station also, sort of? HBO, STARZ, whatever, I'd order it for a month or so to see Burns.

Who wouldn't?

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Delene, the Robert Burns statue in Stirling is also very handsome. :)

Ren

Ren I saw several of him. I also saw a plaque on a wall in Edinburgh marking a place where he had lived for a time.

Delene

I saw a statue of Robert Burns in the city square in Glasgow and if the statue is true to his likeness, he was HOT! :cunning:

Delene

So, what you are saying is that Gerry will be perfect in this part, ey? Of course I know you and everyone else

on this site believes that ONLY Gerry could play this part. He IS perfect for it, I just wish he would GET ON

WITH IT, and film it. His hair is pairfect RIGHT NOW, to play the part. Do it, Gerry, PLEASE, NOW!!!!!!

Is that a good enough push do you think? Need I say more?

Isn't Starz an adult station also, sort of? HBO, STARZ, whatever, I'd order it for a month or so to see Burns.

Who wouldn't?

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Sandy, Gerry would be perfect playing Burns on so many levels. I also believe Gerry wants to play him and do the project with all his heart. I hope it all comes true.

Delene

Found a very interesting article about the possibility of Gerry being a "contender" to be another Clint Eastwood...what we have been talking about lately....

http://www.seattlepi.com/movies/429231_film42134411.html

Just scroll down...it's very interesting....

Peace, out....

Tense

Found a very interesting article about the possibility of Gerry being a "contender" to be another Clint Eastwood...what we have been talking about lately....

http://www.seattlepi.com/movies/429231_film42134411.html

Just scroll down...it's very interesting....

Peace, out....

Tense

There is already a thread discussing this article here:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34318&pid=1453505&st=0entry1453505

• 2 months later...

This article states that Gerry is considering the role of Pinkerton. Don't know how reliable the source is.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-interviews/2011/01/02/scots-star-gerard-butler-on-his-dream-role-as-famous-wild-west-detective-86908-22821774

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic