Gerard Butler GALS

Artists For Peace And Justice's "Let's Build A School For Haiti" Fundraising Dinner

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful pictures! Posted Image And so many of them, we've been really spoiled! Love the hair, the beard goes a little too far down the neck IMO, but I'm assuming he went for this longer beard to compensate for the "girlie" hair (it doesn't look girlie to me, but some posters found it so). I can't help rejoicing at the abundance of Gerry news and pics we've been experiencing lately, which is really making up for the long droughty SA summer.

Chris

I'm not sure what it is really. I don't hate the hair but somethings off. I think it might be the scruff down the neck perhaps with the hair and the suit but the hair is darker then the beard and that gives it sort of a "wiggy" look. Now one shot of him to the side, looked good! It seemed swept back a bit off the face. A bit off the top wouldn't hurt maybe but he may be growing it all out for a part. Or maybe just to get a rise out of his fans. Who knows. But I agree that he does seem a little thinner then usual. I like him a bit more beefy. I always liked the stats when I first looked him up that said 6'2" and 225! I doubt he weighs that much now.\

I hope Gerry didn't let all the silly stuff about his Barbados pic on the beach get to him. I realize Hollywood sets ridiculous standards, but look at Russell Crowe. He seems no slave to fashion!

I'm gonna go with this new look as for a part in an upcoming film.

Gerry looks good but even a little thin and extra hairy, I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers!

Delene

I'm sorry but I don't think Gerry remotely looks unhealthy. Yes, he is thinner than he has been at times, but he's not remotely too thin. I just suspect he's been working out more, since he's not filming. He's just got more time.

I think he looks very healthy. Gerry's coloring is very similar to mine & I can't tell you how often the dermatologist reminds me to use sunscreen. Yes, he looks paler, since he's not been out in the South African sun, and I'm glad of that. I'm sorry, but I'm more worried about things like skin cancer, because I've already had it once. He needs to protect his skin. He doesn't have a pallor, he's just not tanned. Tan does not equal healthy. I love the way I look w/ a tan, but it's just not worth it for me personally & I certainly feel the same about him.

Any way, that's my opinion. I think he looks great. Don't get me wrong, I also think he looks great when he's carrying more weight. I just want him to be healthy.

Ren

I like Gerry's hair in Lisa's siggy!! Just perfect! Now it is too long in the front and with his beard and neck scruff he looks too bushy for his smaller frame. I'm worrying about the weight loss and the paler skin. I know, I'm a mother hen. Can't help it. He just doesn't look healthy.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I'm not sure it's unhealthy so much as maybe the lighting wasn't good. He does look very pale and his hair is a bit dark for his skin tone, but I don't think he's unhealthy. Tired, probably. But he's smiling and laughing and having a great time so I'm sure he's feeling fine.

I'm just not a fan of these pictures. I personally thought he could have cleaned up a bit more for an event like this, but hey ... it's Gerry and he's gonna do whatever he wants and that's why we love him. But I agree; I think he looks better in my siggie also. LOL

I still love him; doesn't mean I have to think everything he does or looks like is perfection. :D

Lisa

I thought it was me but I think he looks thinner around the neck and his shirt collar looks a little big! Also...I agree about the hair....looks like it's too long in the front...maybe it could be a little shaped but then again as everyone says this could be for a role....Just wish I knew which one!!!! Course I never did like the scruff on the neck...I've never denied that! Actually if the front was cut a little shorter it would be curlier! Doesn't really matter cause he still manages to make my heart skip a beat ...and other things! :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

Coloring hair is a tricky thing. Every strand is not the same color or else it will look funky. I think maybe Gerry's gotten in to the "Just For Men" a bit too much perhaps. Russell Crowe's hair is darker then his gray beard too so he colors and talk about chubs!

Guys are funny about their looks sometimes, just like women. I remember when I was dating T and I just happened to feel something in his shirt pocket and quickly reached in and pulled out a tube of mascara. He tried to grab it back from me but I was too quick! I ran off the dance floor in to the light for verification and it was, indeed, a tube of black mascara! Come to find out, he had a blank spot in his side burns and was filling it in with the stuff! I laughed my arse off and gave it back! Actually, I thought it quite ingenious.

As far as Gerry's health, the only thing I worry about is his cleansing. I know what that can do to you if you do it too much. I think anyone who has quit two bad habits is too concerned about his health to neglect it. I just don't want him to sacrifice his health to look good in front of the camera. It starts to catch up to you as time marches on.

And "other things" what, Frannie? Tell, tell!

Delene

I have to say I love his hair. I love the sides and back, they are PAIRFECT. He looks

MARVELOUS. I don't usually like long hair on men, but Gerry wears it so well and looks

so masculine even with it longer.

He looks so good at this function, but isn't he getting THIN?

What can I say, I,

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Coloring hair is a tricky thing. Every strand is not the same color or else it will look funky. I think maybe Gerry's gotten in to the "Just For Men" a bit too much perhaps. Russell Crowe's hair is darker then his gray beard too so he colors and talk about chubs!

Guys are funny about their looks sometimes, just like women. I remember when I was dating T and I just happened to feel something in his shirt pocket and quickly reached in and pulled out a tube of mascara. He tried to grab it back from me but I was too quick! I ran off the dance floor in to the light for verification and it was, indeed, a tube of black mascara! Come to find out, he had a blank spot in his side burns and was filling it in with the stuff! I laughed my arse off and gave it back! Actually, I thought it quite ingenious.

As far as Gerry's health, the only thing I worry about is his cleansing. I know what that can do to you if you do it too much. I think anyone who has quit two bad habits is too concerned about his health to neglect it. I just don't want him to sacrifice his health to look good in front of the camera. It starts to catch up to you as time marches on.

And "other things" what, Frannie? Tell, tell!

Delene

Oh Sweetie...he moves a lot of things on me!!! Posted Image

Awww. Wish I'd jumped in on this conversation earlier. Just saw the pictures right now.

I both like and don't like the hair. I love that it's still long and getting curlier by the day, but as some have said, something about the way it's styled looks a little messy here. That being said, I'd take it messy at this length than have him cut it off, for sure!!

I've been waiting for Gerry to grow his hair out again for awhile now. I have so many fantasies of Timeline-looking Gerry. :D Maybe it's for a role, or maybe he just wants to keep us on our toes. Or maybe he's just restless and wants to try something new for awhile!! ...I suppose not everything is about us... :kisswink:

I noticed how fair Gerry looked too, and it made me happy. There have definitely been times where I thought he's looked too tan, and I'm not a fan of that. Not to mention, when he's too dark I think it looks wrong on him, given his ancestry. Pale and proud, that's me! :D I could sure go for a few more freckles to pop out on his face though. :p I also think that the lighting had something to do with it though. Those first few pics where Gerry is posing, the coloring looks a lot different than some later pics when he's just talking to people.

Seems like he had a good time. LOVED seeing him in the pics with Russell Crowe! Seeing them side-by-side though just gives me one more reason why Gerry is my love and Russell is my crush. At the moment, no comparison physically.

Speaking of physicality, I think Gerry looks WAY too thin right now! Not sickly or anything, I just like him a little beefier. I always preferred him thin until I saw him in person, at a time when he was at his thinnest (had just been on that ridiculous 500 calorie diet!). It struck me just how small he was. I don't think someone of Gerry's size and frame is meant to be that slim. I'd be happy for him to put on 20 pounds or so. ...Then come over to my house and work off 5 of them. :cunning:

I hope they raised lots of money for APJ and Haiti. I still wear my APJ shirt proudly to support the cause!!

Steph

Oh Sweetie...he moves a lot of things on me!!!

Frannie, he not only moves things ON me, but in me, under me and has rearranged a lot of things that are totally relocated in other places now! That man, that man! :pant:

Delene

Well, okay. I've never really chimed in on Gerry's "hair" or its length or its color, or his beard, or his weight. So I guess I'll jump in briefly.

For me, one of the most intriguing and refreshing things about Gerry is his chameleon-like ability to change and evolve constantly...not only in the characters he potrays, but in life. The other thing that always strikes me is his ability to appear relaxed and comfortable in his attire, no matter what it is...one sign of confidence that is quite attractive.

That being said...I don't like to see him in a tie, ever. That man's neck is masculine and strong and striking and is meant to be seen, not hidden. He doesn't wear a tie very often from what i've seen, and I'm glad.

As far as his hair, he's lucky. He has fabulous hair whether it's short or long, or in between. I can remember only several photos over time where I didn't care for how his hair looked. Maybe I don't pay close attention to it.

And I trust Gerry knows how to handle his weight. I actually am amazed at how well he seems to manage it and how disciplined he is. He jokes about his cupcakes, I've heard, but he appears to be very in tune with his body and has said he works closely with his trainer/nutritionist.

Whatever he does, he does well...a perfectionist I suspect.

Leslie

Didn't I read somewhere that there was a celebrity hair growing contest for charity? I know it sounds strange and I think his hair growth is for a movie - I just love it long - but I wish I could remember where I read the article.

:detect:

Well if there's a celeb hair growing contest, I think Gerry's won it!

Also, I believe someone said it could be with regards to November being men's health awareness but I think that's for growing mustaches. Here's a little info on Movember.

T was diagnosed with prostate cancer in December 2008 and still lives strong!

I just threw this in for fun.

I just love that!

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Oh Sweetie...he moves a lot of things on me!!!

Frannie, he not only moves things ON me, but in me, under me and has rearranged a lot of things that are totally relocated in other places now! That man, that man! :pant:

Delene

I so know what you mean! I've never been affected by one man than Gerry has. The night dreams he inspires are definitely XXX rated. If only we could reach out and snatch him out our dreams into our beds to realize his "power" :cunning: . I'd take him like he looks right now, but just want his neck shaven. :faint::hump::strip:

We should be grateful he's got a lovely head of hair and hasn't started to go bald. Look at poor Jude Law and his receding hairline :lmao: he's really rocking the Farrah flick :rotflmao:

He has got thin and I wondered if the ribbing he got from gossip columns re the Barbados pics hit a nerve. I hope not as I do prefer Gerry with a bit of beef on him. I do think as you get older it's harder to keep in shape so maybe he realises he has to keep working out regularly especially when he's not working. He always seems to be eating out more inbetween jobs so he's maybe realised the 2 have to go hand in hand

Moira

I just threw this in for fun.

I just love that!

Delene

Oh.My.Goodness!! Isaiah Mufasa, the only other man I will accept as "Sexiest Man", other than Gerry or Idris.

I love it, too. (My man does smell like him, LOL.)

Edited by aprilxxi

What struck me about these photos is how light his complexion is when he's not in the sun. This man has the fair skin of his heritage. I love his natural curl and the longer hair, but being a curly girl myself, those wave can be difficult to tame. I'm also of the opinion that he MUST be growing out his hair for a role. I get curiouser and curiouser every day!

I do love the photos where Gerry is smiling best!

Swannie

I totally agree, Swannie. He has the Scottish complexion.

I'm also a naturally curly and wavy gal. My hair won't even hold a perm, it just falls out the next day, and

the waves go the way they want to. It is almost impossible to cut without cutting in a wave and then it

just sticks out.

Gerry's is obviously much more manageable than mine. His is gorgeous. I love it long and curly. He looks 31

with his hair this length. AND, Russell Crow's is almost as long as Gerry's.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

We should be grateful he's got a lovely head of hair and hasn't started to go bald. Look at poor Jude Law and his receding hairline :lmao: he's really rocking the Farrah flick :rotflmao:

He has got thin and I wondered if the ribbing he got from gossip columns re the Barbados pics hit a nerve. I hope not as I do prefer Gerry with a bit of beef on him. I do think as you get older it's harder to keep in shape so maybe he realises he has to keep working out regularly especially when he's not working. He always seems to be eating out more inbetween jobs so he's maybe realised the 2 have to go hand in hand

Moira

Moira, as long as he stays healthy that's all I care about. He would look just a great bald and fat, as long as

he is healthy he always has most of us in his corner. I believe, that from reading all the posts on this site,

that everyone's love of Gerry goes much deeper than looks.

I hope he keeps exercising and stays healthy, if keeping him a gorgeous hunk is part of that, ok, but I hope

he doesn't exercise to much to be healthy or for looks alone. I hope he eats healthy and exercises healthy

not to much or to little in either department. His profession provides a lot of exercise most of us never

get so any extra is beneficial I hope and not unhealthy. It gets harder to exercise as you get older so I hope

he tempers his sessions so that he can keep a healthy balance for many many years. To just stop would be

devastating to his health, so I hope he keeps it beneficial.

I know that the world looks at him and makes demands on his physique, but I hope he listens to his body

instead of the public. None of his true fans want him to jeopardize his health for his physique. I hope he

is selfish enough to stay healthy.

In some of the APJ dinner photos he was wearing his sun glasses as though the lights were hurting his eyes,

and he looked just a bit tired. He's been burning the candle at both ends since he got back from SA, hope

he gets some long deserved real rest before starting another project, and gets to enjoy his free time, if he

has any. Knowing him he is probably working 18 hours a day on something and we just don't know it.

I hope he lets us know soon if he is growing his hair for a role, hopefully Burns. I just keep saying it as though

it were so.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

This agency just posted a link on Facebook. There are some really good pics. Too bad they have huge watermarks.

http://www.billyfarrellagency.com/home/event/411

Here's the main page for the event:

http://www.billyfarrellagency.com/home/event/411

Thanks for the links, Ren. Love to see him do a film with Susan S. sometime.

He would look just a great bald and fat,

A double wammy, eh? I'm not sure how good he'd look. I keep picturing the likes of Les Grossman!

I think Gerry wears the dark glasses so he can check out all the babes without getting caught or maybe take in a quick power nap during the speechs! :D

Delene

This agency just posted a link on Facebook. There are some really good pics. Too bad they have huge watermarks.

http://www.billyfarr.../home/event/411

Here's the main page for the event:

http://www.billyfarr.../home/event/411

Thanks for the links, Ren. Love to see him do a film with Susan S. sometime.

He would look just a great bald and fat,

A double wammy, eh? I'm not sure how good he'd look. I keep picturing the likes of Les Grossman!

I think Gerry wears the dark glasses so he can check out all the babes without getting caught or maybe take in a quick power nap during the speechs! :D

Delene

If you go over to the right side of the page and click on Gerry's name you pull up the 55 pics that

have Gerry in them. Saves time looking for him through all the rest.

And yes, Delene, I would still love him bald and fat. He'd still be Gerry and that's all that matters.

Mind you, I'm not complaining about how he looks now, he's gorgeous, but I'd still love him no

matter what; that's what absolutely means, without reservation of any kind.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy