Gerard Butler GALS

Shooting Mar 28 in Shreveport

According to the New Orleans newspaper:

Millennium Films feature film Playing the Field starring Gerard Butler will shoot March 28th to May 2011 in Shreveport.

Here is the link for the above short mention of the film: http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2011/02/what_do_brad_pitt_bruce_willis.html

http://www.louisianaentertainment.gov/film/projects.cfm?form=503 also mentions the movie will be filmed in Louisiana.

Is this Gerry's first time in the south?

Pebbles

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this in my Google alerts about the director of PTF ... a little concerning?

... save for signing on to helm the lighter-hearted dramedy Playing the Field. There's been little movement on that project since Gerard Butler came on board to star, but as that one moves toward a mid-2011 start date the director has struck a deal to make another movie.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Gabriele_Muccino_To_Direct_Adaline/7764612

Just got this in my Google alerts about the director of PTF ... a little concerning?

... save for signing on to helm the lighter-hearted dramedy Playing the Field. There's been little movement on that project since Gerard Butler came on board to star, but as that one moves toward a mid-2011 start date the director has struck a deal to make another movie.

OK so I thought it hadn't gotten much momentum until Gerry signed on! I'm confused by this article. It eludes that PTF isn't starting until the middle of this year and in the meantime the director signed on another project but that one doesn't start filming until 2012. Like I said, I'm confused. I've been trying to find info on PTF and I'm not having much luck. I wanted to see if they'd chosen other cast and the leading lady yet. Hope we get some correct info soon!

Thanks, Lisa.

Delene

I don't think so Lisa. I think they just mean there haven't been any updates, since Gerry signed on. Everything I've seen still says they're starting March 28th in Shreveport. I know there are people on the ground in Louisiana already, because they've been posting on Twitter. In fact, I got the impression that Gabriele Muccino was actually about to arrive there, unless they were referring to someone else when they said director.

Ren

http://www.hollywood...Adaline/7764612

I don't think so Lisa. I think they just mean there haven't been any updates, since Gerry signed on. Everything I've seen still says they're starting March 28th in Shreveport. I know there are people on the ground in Louisiana already, because they've been posting on Twitter. In fact, I got the impression that Gabriele Muccino was actually about to arrive there, unless they were referring to someone else when they said director.

Ren

Thanks, Ren. The article really is confusing. I just don't want anything to impede Gerry's film.

Thanks for the information. I am a new fan so I am not familiar with his old movies. I need to decide which of his old movies are worth buying.

Pebbles

Yes, his old movies are very much worth buying, especially Phantom of the Opera, Dear Frankie, One More Kiss,

Timeline, Reign of Fire, just to name a few. I have them all and I have never been disappointed in any of

Gerry's performances. He is not featured as much in some of the older ones but his performance in each one

is more than worthy of the price of the DVD. I have five copies of Phantom and don't regret it. Shooters and

Fast Food were not my favorite movies and I wouldn't have bought them except for Gerry's involvement, but

even in these his performance is magnificient.

If you enjoy Gerry's current work these older projects will thrill you.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Is it common to not have a leading character signed on yet this late? Heard nothing about the female lead or the son except that video we had and don't know whether he got the part or not.

Delene

March 28th is still over a month away. I hope Gerry is enjoying this hiatus. I know he never really stops working,

and is always busy either reading scripts, learning scripts, signing to produce, looking for projects to produce, etc.

It's just that I grow impatient for a Gerry movie to be in the theaters. It will be Sept. before we get MGP, if

everything proceeds according to play and Nov for Coriolanus. He has PTF to begin 3/28 and Mavericks to

begin later this year and it seems to be taking at least a year to get anything into the theater after he finishes

filming. I really don't see why Coriolanus won't be out until November when if finished filming almost a year

ago, that's almost a year and a half from finish to theater. I'm not getting any younger waiting for the next

Gerry film. Seems they could do better with process time. At least we've had the L'Oreal commercials to

keep us entertained. It's just that Gerry seems to be working all the time and we don't get the end product

for so long. I know, I've already admitted to being impatient. So sue me. I want a Gerry film in the theaters

at least every six months and he works enough so that should be feasible. Who do I complain to? :funnyface:

All kidding aside, I hope Gerry is having a wonderful life. He surely stays busy, and I hope at least some of

his activities are fun, because I realize that most of them are career oriented. Just like, we thought he was

having a wonderful vacation in Hawaii when he was actually training for a role in Mavericks. I'm beginning to

wonder if he ever has any real down time for himself. He is at premiers, awards shows working, walking

red carpets, attending other film events, etc., but are any of these events actually fun for him or all work?

All of these events give us pictures or videos to enjoy, but does he enjoy any of it himself? I pray that he

does. I know he enjoys acting, but this busy work, is it fun or drudgery?

I hope he is enjoying some of his life.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sandy and Angel of Music for the movie suggestions. This is such a nice forum.

I've heard about Dear Frankie from multiple sources. I checked onlne and the DVD for Dear Frankie was more expensive then a blu-ray for a brand new movie. he he.

Pebbles

Edited by PebblesRocker

:wave: Pebbles, and welcome to GALS!

You can get quite a few of Gerry's movies on ebay....I just went and looked and here is a link to Dear Frankie:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4a9d5430ce

Not a bad price for such a wonderful movie. Also they have Attila for 4 bucks and that is a definite must have for any Gerry fan ... and of course Phantom of the Opera!!!! Probably one of the hardest (and pricest) movies of Gerry's to get is going to be The Jury. It is a British mini series and one of Gerry's best parts in my humble opinion....lol.

Anyway, happy hunting.

hugs,

Sue

you would be surprised how little time it takes certain movies to be filmed,especially genres such as indies. It's the post-production that is the time consuming part of the filmmaking process, it takes much long to do because there are so many things that need to be accounted for; editing and shortening the film especially.

I've heard of TV commercials taking longer then a month to do. A couple of months would make more sense unless that's all the time they are spending in that particular location.

I know nothing so I'm an idiot.

Delene

Hi Sue, thanks for the ebay information. I will check it out. I can't wait to see some of his older stuff. The most expensive old movie I saw for Gerry was The Young Persons Guide to being a Rock Star for $424.00??!!

Hi Delene and Angel of Music, I agree with you that I've heard that movies don't take 6 months to shoot anymore. They shoot them within 2 months. Playing the Field is shooting from March 28th to May 20th according to http://www.featurefilmauditions.com/2011/02/auditions-information-for-independent.html

Pebbles

Hi Sue, thanks for the ebay information. I will check it out. I can't wait to see some of his older stuff. The most expensive old movie I saw for Gerry was The Young Persons Guide to being a Rock Star for $424.00??!!

Hi Delene and Angel of Music, I agree with you that I've heard that movies don't take 6 months to shoot anymore. They shoot them within 2 months. Playing the Field is shooting from March 28th to May 20th according to http://www.featurefilmauditions.com/2011/02/auditions-information-for-independent.html

Pebbles

Hi Pebbles! So that's almost two months. I guess sometimes they run longer if necessary.

Thanks for the info!

Delene

Hi Delene and Angel of Music, I agree with you that I've heard that movies don't take 6 months to shoot anymore. They shoot them within 2 months. Playing the Field is shooting from March 28th to May 20th according to http://www.featurefi...ndependent.html

Pebbles

Pebbles, The Jury is a very very good project for Gerry. It is hard to find but sometime you can find a deal.

That is one fine suggestion of Gerry's early work. Young Peoples guide is not worth $424.00 wiat until you

find a bargain. Gerry isn't in the whole movie, and his part is not that great a representation of Gerry's talent.

That's not to say that it isn't worth watching, but not at that price. There will be a deal soon enough.

The Phantom of the Opera is a great work, Lara Croft-Tomb Raider with Gerry is good, try Timeline.

His Andre Marik is magnificeint and you can usually get a pretty good deal on it on E-Bay or Amazon.

Also, one not usually mentioned is Reign of Fire with Gerry and Christian Bale. It's really good also.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I surely hope that filming will be from March-May, as my son and I are planning a road trip to Shreveport in mid-April. If the dates do change, we can change our plans accordingly, but we need to know for sure when the dates of filming are going to be.

Hi Phantom's Lady Rose, :wave:

I am new and I was reading about Gerry's newest film, Playing the Field. I see you might be traveling to Shreveport hopefully to get to see him on set. That is so exciting and I wish I could do something like that. I wish you good luck in getting to meet Gerry. Or are you one of the lucky fans who have met him before? :p Please tell us all about it if you do get to see him. I will live vicariously through your exciting trip. :pointy:

Cheers, Flame

I'm surprised with all the hoopla about GB and JA during TBH nothing has popped up about GB, JB and/or UT! They've been seen out and about several times per tweeters, which is to be expected I would think! Maybe because the start date of the film isn't until the 28th. It's weird really.

I guess all the stuff before was due to the attention for JA more then Gerry or maybe it just hasn't :sh*tfan: yet especially with a woman who may be on the rebound and a very handsome, single up and coming Hollywood hunk! What up with that? The split up has been so newsworthy in the media that I'm surprised it hasn't started and poor Gerry is in direct line for the fodder.

I always expect the worst and hope for the best but so far, so good!

Delene