Gerard Butler GALS

Casting News!

I think the draw of Uma to the project has to do with her abilities as an actress - which I happen to like because of their variety (thinking Pulp Fiction, The Avengers, Batman and Robin, Be Cool, etc.) and the fact that there is a Kill Bill 3 in the works. She is an actress that likes variety in the roles she plays and that sounds like someone Gerry could relate to. She worked with Gerry on Movie 43 which may have bearing on the selections.

And Uma is the only one who knows about what it is like to be a parent!

And some are already assuming that Uma is going to be the seductress...perhaps not...

Articles on the film's casting have indicated that Jessica is playing Gerry's ex-wife and Uma is going to play a soccer mom -

here's just one comment:

"And for all you Gerard Butler fans, it looks like this genre-leaping Scotsman is looking to tackle the romantic-comedy once again in the so-called "soccer comedy" Playing the Field, which co-stars Jessica Biel and Uma Thurman.

Butler stars as a former pro soccer player who finds himself dodging romantic advances from soccer moms after he agrees to coach his son's youth team in an attempt to bond with the boy.

Biel will play Butler's ex, while Thurman will be a soccer mom.

Butler will be producing the film, which was scripted by Robbie Fox (So I Married and Axe Murderer, In the Arm Now) and will be directed by Gabriele Muccino (The Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds.) If you're puzzled by this configuration, you're note alone. (Zany comedy writer teamed with schmaltzy drama director?) But here's hoping with Butler in charge, he'll finally get a comedy deserving of his charisma. (Variety)"

I don't really think Jessica Biel is a comedic actress like Jennifer Aniston and Katherine Heigl so picking her in this role gives me hope that the movie is going to have a dramatic focus and not just a zany comedy like The Ugly Truth. I also hope Jessica can be seen as maternal and not just a sexy ex since I think that will be the key to her being a good casting choice. I think Uma is good at comedy and is a good pick. On IMDb the movie is described as a Comedy | Drama | Sport

I also have high hopes that "with Butler in charge, he'll finally get a comedy deserving of his charisma"

michelle

Edited by michelle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone has the right to criticize Gerry on this or any fan site,

I do, however, agree that everyone has the right to their own opinion regarding someone they love and

respect. As long as the fans here, or anywhere anyone proposes to be a true fan, respect that Gerry is

a human being with the right to make his own choices in life and his career, they still have right to question

those decisions as far as their knowledge and intelligence allows them to.

You're saying fans don't have the right to criticize but they still have the right to question decisions? Isn't that the same thing?

It's important that the actors Gerry chooses in the movies he's producing are popular with fans too. He needs to entertain us. That's what he's in the business for. That's what we expect from him or at least I do. As it is necessary for the dollar to go further these days, people will become more discriminating about what they are spending it on. Anyone that produces a product needs to keep that in mind.

Being sexy and good looking will only take you so far and I think no one knows that better then Gerry does, or I hope he does. He knows he'll get the attention from the female side but he probably feels he needs to throw in a little something to draw the male audiences in too, although we know that Uma Thurman and Jessica Biel do not personify the typical soccer mom.

I'm hoping the story has a moral in the end, no matter what the outcome.

I think he does a very good job of trying to play down his sex appeal and not letting that go to his head too much like so many other actors do but there's nothing wrong with using that to his advantage once in a while. But I would like him to succeed in the business for his talent because that's what sustains in the harsh profession he has chosen. Eventually, people will stop buying what you're selling altogether based on past performance and reputation, I don't care who you are.

Delene

There was a casting call for extras in yesterday's Shreveport Times. Here is the link and the story:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20110309/NEWS01/103090355/Briefly-Casting-call-Saturdayforfilm?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

Casting call set Saturday for film

Tara Duncil, of BAM Casting, will hold an open casting for background extras to appear in the feature film, "Playing the Field," starring Gerard Butler, Uma Thurman and Jessica Biel.

Filming begins March 28 in Shreveport.

The casting call will be held from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday at Millennium Studios, 300 Douglas St., in Shreveport. Those interested should bring a nonreturnable 4-by-6 photo of themselves and vehicles.

The casting call is for people of all ages and ethnicities. Needed are stand-ins and photo doubles, upscale men and women of all ages, business types of all ages, TV personalities and sportscaster types, soccer mom, dad, family types, nanny types, children 9 to 11 years old (soccer players a plus), upscale vehicles, mini vans and SUVs.

Those unable to attend the open casting call can register by visiting www.bamcastingla.com. All chosen to work will be paid.

----------------------------

Anyone going? :wave:

Pebbles