Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Susan~Sporran

Hi everyone,

Sorry the song was so contagious yesterday!! :funnyface: :laugh4: I managed to get rid of it when I finally crashed around 4pm and wound up sleeping til 6 a.m. this morning. Now I'm fixing coffee and getting ready for a day of .....house cleaning.

Hope you all are having a great day!

Star

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Day GALS gals!

I've missed a lot...hugs to all you lovely gals...

Love everyone's fantasy dates...

For my fantasy date with Gerry, I'd have to be about 20 years younger than I am :bleh: and we'd already be 'good friends'...and then the magical fantasy date would happen...and like many of the gals, my dream would be Gerry showing me his favorite places and people in Scotland and then a lovely quiet dinner and a long romantic evening that would never end...in my mind....

Of course, Reality is where my body actually lives, and my fibromyalgia and other maladies are acting up. Lots of family stress and even stress with my hobbies isn't helping! And I thought the hobbies were for fun~ha!

I have numbness in my right shoulder/arm/hand and my left leg...what a mess! :bonk: Couldn't sleep much...and of course, no kids help...think I'll post in FTB for the first time ever...

Stef...I :hearts: you!! OMG! :yourock: I love all the vids available for download!! I've burned to CD the GOTL clips and this morning did the Beowulf clips!! OMG and my favorite Gerry, the one I want to make a avatar out of is there!! :kisswink:Posted Image :headspin: :inlove: Thanks sooooo much, Stef!

Swan! Hugs and prayers for your family for Nathan's health.

Suz! Glad the stinky headache went away!

Sarah...good to hear you got to go out with friends for a movie and a little 'you' time

Susan...interesting day you had! You do have a lot of fun activities on the West Coast! Must be the nice year-round-weather that helps!

Abrock...loved the vid...both versions...dig your new 'logo' for the vids by Abrock!

So many new avatars/siggies...a real feast for the eyes and imagination. (Sarah...hmmm...chains in your new siggy look awfully heavy... :cool: )

Off to check out other threads and see if I can find the GBCast...

Hugs,

Barb

Hi! Gals!

Dr. Em,

I like the idea of the Associated Sister Chat but not the name.

ASSChat...? LOL!

SISTERChat,

SISChat,

ASISChat?

*ps* You have to join their site to enter the chat room.

:leochest:

Barb,

Your going to have an awesome avi!

right, click save!

Edited by zanyzombie

:cheer: Good Morning Gals,

Just a quick post then its off to work for me!!

I gotta tell you all a story first.... Ready

13 guys get lotto fever and go in on tickets, they buy 72 of them and carefully log each one in. Making copies of all tickets, each guy ends up with an 11 page booklet. And DRUM ROLL PLEASE..... They win a whopping $3.00, all together thats it 3 bucks. :confused: I spent more on the ink and paper for the booklets than that :lol: cause yep you guessed it my hubby bought the tickets and I got to copy and log, and print up the booklets.

Can we sing "I'm in the moneyyyyy, I'm in the moneyyyy" LOL

But hey someone won, here's hoping it was one of our gals!!! Or that you feel as good as if you had been the one to win 365 million!! ::D:

Swan how we doing today? I hope Nathan had a better night. (and you too)

Suz no headaches right?

Dawn have you shot your neighbors yet? Or are you joining them later to show them how its done!! Amateurs should be taught a lesson. hahahaha

Barb, sorry your having a crappy morning. But the FTB forum is great place to vent! :cheer: I always feel better after I vent there!*plus aren't we all 20 years younger on our fantasy dates??*

Dayna I'm soooooo excited we are having lunch 12:30 tomorrow. YIPPEE, Chris is too, the little slacker she hasn't worked all weekend. one of these weekends I'm playing hooky too! Just not this weekend....

HUGS Toni

Hiya,

Thanks to those who have been asking about my head. I don't have a migraine right now but I do feel alot of pressure. I am wondering :confused: if the headaches are related to my back injury. Seems every time my back hurts I get a bad headache too. I don't know.

It is still VERY cold here today. I just want to curl up under my blanket again all day and read.

Hope you are all doing well.

Suz :headspin:

luvphantom, just adore the stips. I see they were advertising them. Were they hard to do?

TW - they were easy do to - within the blink of an eye so to say ::D:

Evening GALS

Just got home from Casanove - loved it! That Aussie boy Heath is a must see it in - very cheeky and cute!

Sarah, I loved the movie, saw it on Friday - Heath Ledger is a cutie but what really got me was his voice :tasty:

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday, hugs to all with pains and worries. Maybe these help...

Gerry

GJB

Hey Gals,

Hope all of you are well, or better than...

Suz, of course I will phone you again soon, you don't need me yawning in your ear though do you?? hehe

My cell is sick, very sick and I need to get a new one...

Swan, you're in my thoughts even when I don't say much...

Song...where did you go, I saw you in here...?

D

Good Morning Gals!

Hope you are all having a wonderful morning. I think it stopped raining here. And my cold is much better today. Had fun in chat with you gals last night.

Candy - Glad you could make it to chat. It was nice to meet you.

Wind - I hope you're feeling better today.

Kimbo my DB - Drink your water!!!

:headspin: :funnyface::cheer:

Have a gerat day everyone!!!

:mopboyerik:

Jenn

Evening GALS

Just got home from Casanove - loved it! That Aussie boy Heath is a must see it in - very cheeky and cute!

I was wondering about that movie - Heath is very cute (a little small and a little young, but otherwise lovely), but is it just terribly chic-flick-ish? Is there real plot or is it all love-story. Not that I wouldn't see it then, just that I know I have to take my girlfriends or sisters and not a mixed crowd. The guys hate that....stupid men!

Anyway, have a lovely day you GALS! Sorry to have missed chat the other night!!! But I did finally watch Red Eye, the movie that G saw in the premiere in Japan...funny how little things like that remind you of Gerry, but they do, nevertheless. Brings a little smile to your face even when nobody else knows about it.

Ok, and someone stole my date with Gerry! I wanted to do the Scotland thing and go visit Glencoe and see the hills and meet the family and sit on the terrace! Dang it! But that's ok, since I think that's a second-date sort of thing, I guess my first date would be more like this:

Me looking REALLY hot, obviously...heels, a bit of cleavage, subtly curled long brown locks, and a cute little dress or skirt/shirt combo. Honestly, I couldn't care less how he comes dressed, he's always gorgeous. But I just want a walking and talking date. In a city. Glasgow would be great, but I'd settle for any city. NY or LA or somewhere that he knows a bit of the layout to show me around would be ideal. But we'd meet just before dusk and go walking through the city, talking and laughing and window-shopping. Then when it was incredibly late and we'd lost track of time, we'd stumble into some greasy, small, late-night diner and have dinner, talking with each other and giggling the whole time. We'd finish up and walk back, me taking my heels off by now because my poor feet would be SO sore...we'd hold hands and I'd do my "Singing in the rain" impression with the nearest lamppost. Then we'd find our way back to his neighborhood, pick up a movie (probably Python or Pink Panther since those are his favorites and I was practically raised with them), and some horrible late night snacks and head up to his place and not really watch the movie....I'll leave the rest to your imagination...and mine....and his...

Jen

Evening GALS

I was wondering about that movie - Heath is very cute (a little small and a little young, but otherwise lovely), but is it just terribly chic-flick-ish? Is there real plot or is it all love-story. Not that I wouldn't see it then, just that I know I have to take my girlfriends or sisters and not a mixed crowd. The guys hate that....stupid men!

It's kinda chic-flick-ish. My GF loved it too, and she usually likes meatier movies. I am a total fluff GAL! It's funny too. The costumes are brilliant! And yes Risa, his voice is SEX-AY!

*plus aren't we all 20 years younger on our fantasy dates??*

NO! That would make me half his age. EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Barely legal. Then I couldn't do the things I really wanted on my fantasy date.

Mind you - if I could go back to the size I was then! Yippie! :yippee:

‘OH MY GOD, IT’S GERRY!” Category: Misc. News

Article Date: February 11, 2006 | Publication: The Herald Magazine (Scotland) | Author: Martyn McLaughlin

Publication/Article Link: http://www.theherald.co.uk/

I was reading some of the articles on Gerry over on the net and I almost freaked out when I read this!

Has anyone else read this?

paragraph 22.

"After discovering GerardButler. net while searching the web for information about her new favourite actor, McMillan realised she was not alone in her affections. The website is the biggest one devoted to him, but there are many more. There's Gerard Butler Angels, Gerard Butler's Celtic Hearts, Gerard Butler Crazed, Northern California Gerry Fans, Butler's Nuts - and, perhaps most disturbingly, GALS, which stands for "Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome".."

The fookin nerve of this guy!

Tell me if I'm wrong or over reacting and I'll stop on the spot.

Edited by zanyzombie

LOL I saw you were the last post in here, and knew that's what you were going to say, really should have stayed on, could have made it two hours, a nice even number!!

NO! That would make me half his age. EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Barely legal. Then I couldn't do the things I really wanted on my fantasy date.

Sarah - ummm...if you were 20 years younger wouldn't you be a LOT younger than legal??? Like, not yet 10 years old. Or is the age of "legal" a LOT younger Down Under than it is here :funnyface: ???

I've been on the board for awhile now just reading everything posted since last night. We had a planning meeting this afternoon for the camp retreat we attend twice a year so I just got home about an hour ago and sat down to catch up on everything.

Headache went away (it was never a bad one, just an annoying one) and I had a good night's sleep (just too few hours, again). I need to color my hair, again, I keep trying to get the red out of it. I never had red in my hair until 8 years ago when ONE time I went red, just to try it. Since then no matter how much "ash" I try to get into it I always come out too red. If this one doesn't work I'm going to have a hairdresser strip all the color and start from white. My natural color is somewhere between dark blonde and light brown (dishwater blonde or dirty blonde is what it was called when I was growing up, now doesn't THAT sound like a color you'd want your hair to be???)

I've been feeling "homesick" today - for Scotland. I keep asking myself how it is possible to feel homesick for a place that has never been your home? It's very weird to me to feel that way, because I love living in Southern California, it has so many wonderful advantages, but there was just something about Scotland that I connected with on a level that is different from anyplace else I've ever been. So I'm feeling kind of melancholy. I decided that's a good word for it - not really depressed, maybe it's "sweet melancholy" - for some reason I think that's a term I read in an interview with Gerry once.

Article Date: February 11, 2006 | Publication: The Herald Magazine (Scotland) | Author: Martyn McLaughlin

I was reading some of the articles on Gerry over on the net and I almost freaked out when I read this!

paragraph 22.

"After discovering GerardButler. net while searching the web for information about her new favourite actor, McMillan realised she was not alone in her affections. The website is the biggest one devoted to him, but there are many more. There's Gerard Butler Angels, Gerard Butler's Celtic Hearts, Gerard Butler Crazed, Northern California Gerry Fans, Butler's Nuts - and, perhaps most disturbingly, GALS, which stands for "Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome".."

HOLY BALLS!!

Paragraph 34 same article!!

" I think about another story I was told; about how one woman, nursing her dying mother, received a telephone call of a few treasured, private words from Butler one Christmas Day. Maybe this isn't all one-way.

oOh my goodness..

I read that and had this sharp pain in my chest.

Few treasured, private words, indeed..

I'm amazed the story got around, since I never posted it on GB.Net.

paragraph 22.

Don't worry zany - it's already been addressed. I saw the article over a week ago (and hopefully my hard copies of the magazine will arrive by Tuesday so I can scan it for this site too). Martyn was writing "tongue in cheek" not seriously meaning we were "disturbing". I met him (the author) in Glasgow, he is a very nice guy and really rather awed by the whole Gerry "fanomenon", even the crazier aspects of it. After reading the article I did send him a very nice email, thanking him for the article but explaining about the evolution of GALS and how there really isn't anything "disturbing" about us. You'd have to have met him and read some of his other articles to realize that is his style of humor and he didn't mean anything offensive by it. At least that was my take.

You didn't quote the part later in the article when he mentions the story about the phone call to Bethy (without using names, of course) and sites it as an example of how the relationship between the fans and Gerry is NOT a one way street.

Susan

PS - Bethy you were posting while I was too - I believe he got that story directly from me. I wanted him to understand how the silly stuff (like Gerry dolls) is just for fun but there is a whole other more serious side (including the charity fund raisers) that is why Gerry means so much to us and why his fans are so devoted.

Okay, here's my dream date with HRH:

It would be in Santa Monica, since I went there last year and absolutely loved it! Anyway, we would spend some of it rollerblading on the boardwalk, then play on the beach for a looong time! I would love to boogie board, he would help me, since I've never done it before. We would end the day on the pier, on the ferris wheel, watching the sun set. Maybe, the ferris wheel would stop and we'd end up on the top. Hopefully, the ride wouldn't start again for a long time, so that we could get some major cuddling in! :makeout:

I hope that everyone has a good night!

Mousie

PS - Bethy you were posting while I was too - I believe he got that story directly from me. I wanted him to understand how the silly stuff (like Gerry dolls) is just for fun but there is a whole other more serious side (including the charity fund raisers) that is why Gerry means so much to us and why his fans are so devoted.

Thanks Susan.

I always catch onto things late, with my email back-up.

That's how I missed the article.

That was very touching.

True his fans are wild, but it is so much more than just lusting.

I'm glad that can be expressed.

Sarah - ummm...if you were 20 years younger wouldn't you be a LOT younger than legal??? Like, not yet 10 years old. Or is the age of "legal" a LOT younger Down Under than it is here :funnyface: ???

DOH! Yes! There's that maths agian!!!

2 + 2 = 5, right??

Hey!

Regardless of what the article says, Gerry's mum thought the fans were terrific, and didn't seem to pass judgement :;):

Susan's letter to Martyn was brilliant, too, as is most of her writing! (Take a bow, Susan!! :clap: )

The Scots do have a sharp witted sense of humor...a bit cheeky, but not mean spirited, really.

But if we do get a bit annoyed, we know Gerry himself has voiced discontent over the Scottish Press. :cool:

He'd stick up for his 'wumen'! ::D:

Bethy!! I'm so disappointed I missed you here! I must admit to having sent you an email yesterday with a video message from me attached! :lalala: Feel free to delete it!!

Love the Gerry Photobucket loops...I have one on my computer for a screen saver. It is very drool inducing, I must say...slide show in the center and then the loop across the bottom third. **sigh** never too much Gerry!!

I feel it's my unofficial duty to include this GALS favorite in every floor at least once...Posted Image

be aware, this is the extremely large Gerry....one click he gets big...two even bigger :cunning:

as in bigger than the monitor.

Sweet dreams, hope to catch you all tomorrow!!

Hugs,

Barb