Gerard Butler GALS

5/12 - FilmDistrict Playing The Field with Gerard Butler and Jessica Biel

becozy

EXCLUSIVE: Riding high on the success of its inaugural releases, FilmDistrict has picked up US rights from Nu Image/Millennium Films to Gabriele Muccino's rom-com Playing The Field, starring Gerard Butler and Jessica Biel.

Posted Image

Shooting is underway in Louisiana now for an expected spring 2012 release. Butler plays a broke former footballer and playboy who moves back to Virginia to reconnect with his estranged wife and neglected son. He ends up coaching his son's football team as a host of adoring soccer mums and desperate housewives look on. Uma Thurman, Judy Greer, Dennis Quaid and Catherine Zeta-Jones round out the cast.

Butler and Alan Siegel's Evil Twin Productions is producing in association with Kevin Misher, Jonathan Mostow, Heidi Jo Markel and John Thompson from a screenplay by Robbie Fox. Nu Image/Millennium Films' Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short and Avi Lerner serve as executive producers.

"This is as good an independent movie as you can find," CEO Peter Schlessel said. "It was an easy yes and I don't say yes to a lot of things. This movie is the perfect example of how we will continue to evolve from an acquisitions point of view as we scour the market for widely appealing commercial product."

"We are very pleased to have closed this deal with Peter Schlessel and FilmDistrict for Playing The Field and hope it will be the first of many to come," Nu Image/Millennium Films co-chairman Avi Lerner said. "I am confident they will do a great job bringing this picture to market."

read the entire article at ScreenDaily

This is good news!

You know, I'm not sure that's a Ferrari unless they've got some four seater versions. For a broke ex player, still seems like he's doing OK.

I see they are still referring to the Evil Twins which I thought had changed. So it's Virginia now and not Pennsylvania?

I look forward to PTF next spring! With all the big name stars, it should draw a huge audience from the start. Good for Gerry's career and production company.

Delene

Someone blogged that when he was going to work in Bossier City, Gerry pulled up to him in a blue Ferrari. I have seen that car in some clips too. Maybe George traded the two seater on a four seat model in an effort to show his "family" side! Makes sense! He'd look good in a Vega though!

Delene

I was looking at the new pics off the gallery and, that one picture of the house, is it just me or does that look like the house that came out on the movie BIG with Tom Hanks??

EXCLUSIVE: Riding high on the success of its inaugural releases, FilmDistrict has picked up US rights from Nu Image/Millennium Films to Gabriele Muccino's rom-com Playing The Field, starring Gerard Butler and Jessica Biel.

Posted Image

Shooting is underway in Louisiana now for an expected spring 2012 release. Butler plays a broke former footballer and playboy who moves back to Virginia to reconnect with his estranged wife and neglected son. He ends up coaching his son's football team as a host of adoring soccer mums and desperate housewives look on. Uma Thurman, Judy Greer, Dennis Quaid and Catherine Zeta-Jones round out the cast.

Butler and Alan Siegel's Evil Twin Productions is producing in association with Kevin Misher, Jonathan Mostow, Heidi Jo Markel and John Thompson from a screenplay by Robbie Fox. Nu Image/Millennium Films' Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short and Avi Lerner serve as executive producers.

"This is as good an independent movie as you can find," CEO Peter Schlessel said. "It was an easy yes and I don't say yes to a lot of things. This movie is the perfect example of how we will continue to evolve from an acquisitions point of view as we scour the market for widely appealing commercial product."

"We are very pleased to have closed this deal with Peter Schlessel and FilmDistrict for Playing The Field and hope it will be the first of many to come," Nu Image/Millennium Films co-chairman Avi Lerner said. "I am confident they will do a great job bringing this picture to market."

read the entire article at ScreenDaily

That's great news! If I remember correctly they're filming until May 27th. Between Machine gun Preacher and Playing the Field I'm starting to feel like it's Christmas in July...er...May!Posted Image