Gerard Butler GALS

So far so good, possums! Bit intense last night but all is fine here.

Thought about Gerry when I saw the tornado watch in the north west corner of Louisiana! I could picture him glued to the Weather Channel. This ain't no Sparta, my darling, but a twister could sure make a mess of ye! :funnyup:

Thanks for your thoughts!

Delene

:unsure:Stay safe all my American Gal friends;I keep an eye on the weather for your areas and pray that you are all safe and sound. For those (if any here) who have lost a home or family due to the Tornado's;it breaks my heart that Mother Nature seems to be going through (the change) and hurting so many innocent people in her wrath...Anyone live in Kansas? How is it going there; I have a friend there and have not heard from her in a while since the storms started!

I too offer up my prayers to any who have been affected by these latest tornadoes. May God keep you and yours safe.

hugs,

Sue

To give you all an update on the storms here, all I can say is WOW! The sun is out here in my area but there has been tornado warnings all around us today! There was even a warning issued for the metro area of Kansas City which had people in high rises taking shelter, which is something very unusual! It's all clear there now but we had planned on going to see Josh Groban tonight at the Sprint Center down town and as far as I know, the concert is still on! I wonder what Josh thinks about our little neck of the woods?

Actually, we have been lucky here! All I got today was some mild rumbles and a sprinkling of rain with ominous clouds all around but not even a high wind. I guess you could say we were in the eye of the storm, for a lack of better description!

There have been funnel clouds spotted all around with touch downs doing some minor damage but Sedalia was hit earlier with a bit of a stronger one ripping off some roofs so far as we know. Sedalia is about fifty miles directly to our east.

I'm not sure what is in store for the evening hours yet. We're going to go ahead and get ready to leave for the city. I wouldn't want to be caught in the Sprint Center during a tornado or high winds as it's all glass! :unsure: Hopefully we will get some all clear info eventually but I thought as long as it's calm here right now, sun is shining and birds are singing, I'd jump on and fill you in.

I've got a feeling it's not over yet!

Wish me luck!

Reporting from the heart of tornado alley,

Delene :wave:

Wow Dee....I sure will keep my fingers crossed and of course I've been praying for all those poor folks that have lost everything and more importantly extra thoughts and prayers are going out to those that have lost their loved ones. What an awful tragedy this is. I've had my own eye on the sky as the storms do sometimes get very close and also the tornadoes to follow. Hope all our Galfriends are safe from Mother Natures Wrath!!

:wave: Frannie

The Upper Woods in Wisconsin had some warnings this week as well. My area gets lucky simply because i live near the bay. I'm actually pretty tired of living here (I've lived here all my life. So you can understand why I don't wanna be here anymore.) I've heard a lot of stuff down south. My friend is moving with her family to Oklahoma and that itself scares me. I can't let her go that easily. I wanna move somewhere where i can enjoy myself. Lately, my obsession is wanting to take me to New York City... Ah well. Anyway, i pray everyone is safe. Stick to your cellars and pray whenever something comes. I'll stay here for another year, watching all the bad stuff pass me by. (Not that i wish for it. It's been a wee bit too cold lately in May for us. We're in the 50's when we're supposed to be in the 70's.)

Anyway, God will listen to everyone's prayers. I promise.

Silver.

Dee, stay safe and I'll keep praying for you and everyone else living in tornado alley!

Silver, I too believe He does hear our prayers...

hugs,

Sue

Well, i'm not trying to start a religious conversation but I had to say what i had to about Him. I felt it was necessary. I'm a Jew who believes in Him and the Lord Savior. I volunteer to those who want me to come help do some search and rescue. I'm in the mood this year because of what's going on down in the Plains and stuff. Field day? Ticket purchase, anyone?

Silver.

We have had some close calls here in Kentucky. Bad stuff is headed out and we live in a second story apartment so I am a little scared. Kaylani is not scared though. Last time the power went out and she thought it was great. She was running around in the candlelight laughing and talking to her shadow. My little sister is here and we are hunkered down. I got the flashlight and the candles close by. Dad says if the tornado comes and all else fails to bend over, put our heads between our knees and kiss our butts goodbye. LOL.

Hugs, Kady

I live in Northern California and NEVER hear about Tornadoes.....sometimes we have Funnel Clouds...but not Tornadoes...well, tonight we had TORNADOES....jeeezzzzz... I'm too much in the mountain area to have to worry...but a short 50 miles from here there have been warnings all evening.

Bless you Silver.

hugs,

Sue

Well, I can report that the weather cooperated last night for the Josh Groban concert! And of course he was not only fantastic but ELEW was his opening act! HOW COOL IS THAT! :music:

The only down side of the evening was that I had a three block walk, up hill, to get to my car as a chilly rain fell and my stupid umbrella wouldn't open!

Delene

• 2 weeks later...

So glad you are all alright.Sorry I didn't check in when I said I would.Was really busy getting ready to drive to Alabama for the mini vacation.we are alright,had a close call but I got some really good photos that I published as a slideshow on my Yahoo contributor thing.

Just fyi those in the mountains..scientifically speaking that doesn't exempt you from tornadoes as the valleys between the mountains actually gives tornadic storms the room and energy to grow and strengthen before going over mountains.Tornadoes last year were in the Ozark mountains of Ark.

Delene was thinking about you when I saw the warnings for KC area...wasn't entirely sure exactlly where you were but knew it was round about there somewhere.

Hope those in the far North and Northeast stay safe from the looks of my twitter feed they have been getting it the last week or so.tornadoes in Montana last night.

So glad you are all alright.Sorry I didn't check in when I said I would.Was really busy getting ready to drive to Alabama for the mini vacation.we are alright,had a close call but I got some really good photos that I published as a slideshow on my Yahoo contributor thing.

Just fyi those in the mountains..scientifically speaking that doesn't exempt you from tornadoes as the valleys between the mountains actually gives tornadic storms the room and energy to grow and strengthen before going over mountains.Tornadoes last year were in the Ozark mountains of Ark.

Delene was thinking about you when I saw the warnings for KC area...wasn't entirely sure exactlly where you were but knew it was round about there somewhere.

Hope those in the far North and Northeast stay safe from the looks of my twitter feed they have been getting it the last week or so.tornadoes in Montana last night.

This has been a strange year. Twisters going where they don't normally go so much or at all. I'm about 50 miles southeast of KC, Andrea, and usually we get them all right here. We're right in the path but this year, they've been all around.

I was a bit worried about Gerry coming up through Arkansas, especially on the bike. It's an unpredictable time of the season for storms.

Delene

Just heard that Angelina and Brad donated $500,000 to the tornado relief in Joplin! Brad grew up in that area down there and it doesn't surprise me that it's close to his heart! It's such wonderful news!

Delene